Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters (36628 Views)

Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad / 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You / Basic Skills You Must Learn Now Before Going To Any Higher Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Lilshorecords(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2015
sleemoon:
F.uck M.sc Na money sure pass
help me tell them!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Mayour11(m): 8:34am On Jan 01, 2015
may God help us
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Jonesjoe(m): 8:42am On Jan 01, 2015
Nice one
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by lizbum(f): 8:52am On Jan 01, 2015
prospero5:
Mine has taken more time than anticipated. I started 2012 but i've written only four exams. Thanks to poor naija education system.
Is it nt meant to be four xams only? Jst strtd mine tho

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Input(m): 8:57am On Jan 01, 2015
On the average how much does an Msc. cost for sciences
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Scotoma(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2015
Hi OP, your topic says "four things" but you mentioned only three. Guess the one you left out was financing, which is arguably the most important factor to consider especially if u're thinking of a foreign university.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Zonacom(m): 9:09am On Jan 01, 2015
What is the minimum CGPA for Admissions into masters program?
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Jobyruz(m): 9:12am On Jan 01, 2015
HALLofFAME:
Nigerians and Masters degree syndrome....Pls young graduate get work experience b4 u go 4 ur masters ....Masters degree is good but adding working experience to ur Msc will make ur Masters an asset to employers.
work experience! easier said than done as if it could be gotten on a platter of gold
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by jsldirect: 9:16am On Jan 01, 2015
Nice Post. If I may add...If you want to study for Masters make sure it complements what you have done in undergraduate and you are seeking to upgrade to higher level in same career path and if you are changing career make sure it will be beneficial to prospective employers and it is a course in need with the current job or future job climate.
Eg.
Most students go abroad studying Masters in International Business with no inclination towards any potential current or future job trends.You don't need Msc International Business to do International Business...that doesn't imply it's less significant...but there are better course options in that line. While some change career in the wrong direction....studying English for BSc then going for MSc Project Management with no Construction, Engineering or IT background. Why waste money? There must be a foundation somewhere for career progression not unhelpful degrees on degrees. If it is not worth it...then no need.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by ikennaya100(m): 9:16am On Jan 01, 2015
,Good one. progressing in ur academics is good and it will offer u more opportunities in life. Truly, it's expensive nd u need to work very hard. I picked up d form during Nysc and started full registration a month I left Nysc. I started planning for it in 3rd year in the university. it has not been easy for me financially. by February2015 I will done with course work. The project Am working on will require over #500,000 but all I know is that God will see me through.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by merbenko: 9:39am On Jan 01, 2015
Input:
Depend on the University brother at my institution all it cost N80 thousand naira per section
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by eleko1: 9:40am On Jan 01, 2015
Does dis place look like trade fair market?Carry Ur orijo go give NFA students
Emeka30:
As you go in need of good thesis, projects you are not alone. We are truly here to help. Check these out

http://uniprojectsearch.com/prostate-speci…quarry-workers/
http://uniprojectsearch.com/lassa-fever-he…h-care-workers/
http://uniprojectsearch.com/omega3-fatty-a…se-cholesterol/
http://uniprojectsearch.com/diabetes-melli…-complications/
http://uniprojectsearch.com/sustaining-jit…-anammco-enugu/

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by merbenko: 9:41am On Jan 01, 2015
Zonacom:
What is the minimum CGPA for Admissions into masters program?
An CGPA of 2.50 above but some other University and department are only accepting second class upper
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by drehdinho(m): 9:42am On Jan 01, 2015
As a B.A English holder, which masters course can you suggest to me. I like to work in a less competitive field and and a field that has good employment rate in Nigeria, and with good pay.
Please, I need sincere and technical advice(s) here.
Thanks

Pls, am patiently waiting for the advice o.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by rabola1(f): 9:42am On Jan 01, 2015
Fnx 4 dat, helpful piece

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by FarmTech(m): 9:42am On Jan 01, 2015
Does anyone know how i can get past questions and course outlines of any university in australia?
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 01, 2015
Input:

That depends on the institution that you intend to run your masters. Federal (#100, 000 n above) is always cheaper than state institutions. Don't know about private institutions but u can't expect it to be less than that of Federal and State institutions. Hope this helps...
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by topearos(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy new year Nairalanders.
Dudes, I wanna know if there is any difference between MTECH. & MSC.
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2015
merbenko:
An CGPA of 2.50 above but some other University and department are only accepting second class upper

I think most of these renowned institutions always request for a minimum of 3.0/5 for B.Sc and Upper credit for HND
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by merbenko: 9:49am On Jan 01, 2015
ikennaya100:
,Good one. progressing in ur academics is good and it will offer u more opportunities in life. Truly, it's expensive nd u need to work very hard. I picked up d form during Nysc and started full registration a month I left Nysc. I started planning for it in 3rd year in the university. it has not been easy for me financially. by February2015 I will done with course work. The project Am working on will require over #500,000 but all I know is that God will see me through.
What course are you into brother?
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 01, 2015
topearos:
Happy new year Nairalanders.
Dudes, I wanna know if there is any difference between MTECH. & MSC.

MTech is the same as MSc, it only differs in d sense dat d latter is Master of Technology while d former is Master of Science

1 Like

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by merbenko: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2015
OkayimPaul:

I think most of these renowned institutions always request for a minimum of 3.0/5 for B.Sc and Upper credit for HND
Yes like department of Economics ABU zaria admit only 3.50/5 for the last 2years now
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by topearos(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2015
OkayimPaul:

MTech is the same as MSc, it only differs in d sense dat d latter is Master of Technology while d former is Master of Science
Thanks bro., Hope there's no preferential treatment or consideration for either?
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by jerriandy: 10:10am On Jan 01, 2015
What a masterpiece. Very good an article. Decided to comment this time cos I particularly love posts as this. Well, having heard all this, would say having a work experience before masters gives an edge.
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 01, 2015
Poindexter:
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Get employed first so that your MSc can count especially in the civil service! And then, you can also qualify for experienced hire.
can u pls explain further?
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by ichidodo: 10:29am On Jan 01, 2015
Paper certification including Masters in this age is overrated...I rather plunge my tuition and project fee into the gutter.
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Mrbigman1(m): 10:46am On Jan 01, 2015
I came out with a low grade in Geoscience, I ve looked up the internet in search of an institute wia I can run my masters without PGD. I saw that uniben offers that but u ve to ve a relevant work experience in same field u wanna venture into. Pls how true is dis? Am ready and qualified and wanna go for it but I dnt wanna be disappointed afterall and if it's true, how do I go about it? My CV is ready and I can't wait for August to come. Thanks and happy new year
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by MrHighSea: 10:59am On Jan 01, 2015
Very enlightening, but Op, i wont sacrifice hanging out with homies rather sacrifice dat "babe".
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 01, 2015
Lovely insight
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by plucky16(m): 11:10am On Jan 01, 2015
HALLofFAME:
Nigerians and Masters degree syndrome....Pls young graduate get work experience b4 u go 4 ur masters ....Masters degree is good but adding working experience to ur Msc will make ur Masters an asset to employers.

where is the work na
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by amd4598(m): 11:13am On Jan 01, 2015
If not this rubbish NYSC that delayed me till now, I should be talking about PhD by now. undecidedIf not this rubbish NYSC that delayed me till now, I should be talking about PhD by now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS / What's The Funniest Thing You've Experienced Inside An Examination Hall? / Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.