Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters (36629 Views)

Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad / 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You / Basic Skills You Must Learn Now Before Going To Any Higher Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by chubbypearl(f): 12:46pm On Jan 02, 2015
SenatorJames:
Depends on you, note that you will spend more than indigenous masters in tuition, browsing e.t.c also it is not well recognised in Nigeria. I cannot discourage you, but these are some factors you have to consider, and make your decision.

Goodluck.
i didnt know it was not well recognised.well,that alone is a discouragement.I will try other options.Thanks
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by Poindexter: 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2015
If you have an MSc but get employed with a BSc, your current MSc would not be accepted for promotion. You have to apply for further studies (while in the service) and obtain official approval for your new certificate to be considered in the civil service.

MSc is only an advantage in experienced hire. Someone with five years cognate experience would be preferrable to someone with only an MSc advantage.

mig007:
can u pls explain further?
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by drehdinho(m): 5:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
drehdinho:
As a B.A English holder, which masters course can you suggest to me. I like to work in a less competitive field and and a field that has good employment rate in Nigeria, and with good pay.
Please, I need sincere and technical advice(s) here.
Thanks

Pls, am patiently waiting for the advice o.

Career advisers in the house, abeg I still dey wait o.
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by boyebussy: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Helo pls ils it possible to have dergree in accounting éducation and go for accounting in masters
Re: 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters by SpeedyConnect(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2015
Edoblakky:
Thanks OP for this insightful piece! I have more than 5 years experience as a mechanical engineer in the oil and gas industry. I'm opting for a masters in my field of experience in a university in Canada. It will cost me around 10Million Naira to run the program for 2 years(tuition, feeding, accommodation and transportation). I chose Canada because there are so many jobs there that require my experience and I also need to sharpen my skills and competences with the masters program. They require a CGPA of 3.0/4 in your last 2 years of Bachelor's.
Please I thought Uniben uses 5 point scale. How then do you convert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Funniest Thing You've Experienced Inside An Examination Hall? / Gov. Adeleke Reverses Osun State Polytechnic Tuition Fees. / UTME 2015 Cutoff Marks For Nigerian Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.