Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC (3714 Views)

Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. / Buhari's Disqualification: Court Orders Service Of Documents On Buhari, INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Eziachi: 2:15am On Jan 01, 2015
nationwide1:
APC go hear? This is when we will know if they're truly progressive, if they have integrity they sing.
What does progressive mean?
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by MayorofLagos(m): 2:29am On Jan 01, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Honestly...I have read the post but it still doesn't make sense. so what is INEC's role when political parties knowingly submit an illegitimate candidate? Will they wait for a disqualification which will never come?

you are free to challenge the selection of a candidate. You do so by complakining to INEC. INEC notifies the party....simple!!
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by trotsky2: 2:40am On Jan 01, 2015
tit:

you have a very durty mind.
go and do your Fajr prayer and cleanse yoursef.
kai kai kai kai kai na fa gaya mi ki, ki yi hankali fa sad shegiya!
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by donmalcolm21(m): 2:59am On Jan 01, 2015
#BuhariShowUsYourCertificate

1 Like

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Eziachi: 3:16am On Jan 01, 2015
Collynzo9:

Expect plenty lawsuits soonest.
I don't think APC verified anything, they would have at least returned with a photocopy.
There is something seriously fishy about the whole story, it isn't normal.

The fact that he managed to get away with illegality thrice doesn't mean that he should be allowed the fourth time.
What fact have you that he got away with anything or you just wished and hoped he was disqualified, which aren't going to happen.
As a general in the Nigeria army. We knew which courses they attended to reach their positions which are worldly accepted to be equal to bachelor degrees.
Why on earth are some of you suddenly want to see Buhari certificates, which I knew, if there was even a sniff chance of discrepancy, Maurice Iwu of all persons would have seen it as a buttered bread and latched on it.
What has happened to many of you? Where are your brains?
You don't know that PDP is behind all these distractions because for the first time, they are facing a formidable opposition that can match them toe to toe and they don't look confident as before.

I still believe that Jonathan can still win this election but PDP never believed in free and fair because they are addicted to manipulating the process using their power of incumbency.

1 Like

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by sufido123: 4:32am On Jan 01, 2015
Even with quota system Buhari has no certificate. Enough of the ethnic preferences. Buhari does not meet the required minimum qualification to be president. Therefore, INEC should disqualify him.

If Buhari is allowed to get away with this, any person can swear an affidavit and claim non existent qualifications and cite Buhari as a precedent.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by yibomustgo(m): 4:34am On Jan 01, 2015
[s]
sufido123:
Even with quota system Buhari has no certificate. Enough of the ethnic preferences. Buhari does not meet the required minimum qualification to be president. Therefore, INEC should disqualify him.

If Buhari is allowed to get away with this, any person can swear an affidavit and claim non existent qualifications and cite Buhari as a precedent.
[/s]
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by tit(f): 4:58am On Jan 01, 2015
INEC : It is APC duty to disqualify Buhari!

Jagaban!
Over to you.
I recall you made all of them to sign letter that they must support APC!
Please do the needful.

1 Like

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by nationwide1(m): 6:28am On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
What does progressive mean?
What's your point?

1 Like

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by myola(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Honestly...I have read the post but it still doesn't make sense. so what is INEC's role when political parties knowingly submit an illegitimate candidate? Will they wait for a disqualification which will never come?
can you blame INEC ? we are too much focus our attention on presidency alone, leaving our legislators that supposed to look into our laws and rectified all abnormalities.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Collynzo9: 8:53am On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
Are you thick or what?
You heard INEC telling you that the issue of Buhari certification is news to them because there was no issues in the first place and nothing to talk about although they would not discuss specifics even If such scenario existed.
You don't need to be a genius to know that PDP created this story because they seemed to be running out of ideas on character assassination of their opponent and their new ideas was to create a distraction with this
They said their opposition merger won't last after six months. It did last.
They said after primaries, APC would collapse. It didn't, rather better organized and peaceful than PDP.
They prayed for Amaechi vice presidency in order to say we told you he is driven by ambition.

They prayed for a joint muslim tickets so that religion will become the issue. They got, not only Christendom but a funky pastor.

They complained that taking time to make decisions for vp position is a signal that something was wrong. A silly joke.
Non of the above happened, now they pray for the opponents disqualification by planting fake stories.
Respect your old age and refrain from insults because next time you will get it in full measure.
Since you know better than the journalists who went to INEC office to see things for themselves, can you tell us categorically that Buhari's certificate has been submitted?
The INEC official while refusing to mention names, clearly stated that it is the duty of the party to validate whatever documents their candidate presents.
Saying that it isn't INEC role to disqualify candidate and that no one has officially challenged them doesn't mean that there are no issues.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by major466(m): 9:21am On Jan 01, 2015
[size=18pt]Buhari has no Certificate!!![/size]
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by major466(m): 9:33am On Jan 01, 2015
Amanwulu1:
Watching as things unfold. So dis man no go school true true?
Buhari never build a single school as head of state. He hate school.

#BuhariShowYourCertificate
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by omolami: 10:21am On Jan 01, 2015
Inec to me seem to be shielding buhari for not submiting his credentials.How can idowu say he is not aware of any issue on buhari's refusal to submit credentials with all these noice.The affidafid should have been on specific credentials and not just "my credentials".This is enough for inec to return d affidafid to Apc for verification.I equally expect other party to go to court immediately to challenge the authenticity of buhari's affidafid.The Military secretary should equally respond to buhari's claim, except they are part of d cover up
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Blackfire(m): 11:48am On Jan 01, 2015
[quote
author=Mcponpin post=29380265]Certificate or no certificate..... He is
still better than patience Jonathan with some
certificates....#wink!!![/quote]

so patience and buhari are the same.. ok
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Eziachi: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2015
nationwide1:
What's your point?
My point is what your understanding of the word ",progressive" means?
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Eziachi: 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2015
Collynzo9:

Respect your old age and refrain from insults because next time you will get it in full measure.
Since you know better than the journalists who went to INEC office to see things for themselves, can you tell us categorically that Buhari's certificate has been submitted?
The INEC official while refusing to mention names, clearly stated that it is the duty of the party to validate whatever documents their candidate presents.
Saying that it isn't INEC role to disqualify candidate and that no one has officially challenged them doesn't mean that there are no issues.
Intelligent person sticks to what he read and not what wished you could have read or what you hope to read.
The journalist asked INEC question about rumours circulating about Buhari certificate and INEC responded by saying that there was no issues arising and if there is, that is the problem of APC or any interested party because their job is not to disqualify candidates.
Their response is probably based on the precedent set by the supreme court judgement over AtAtiku in 2007.
After reading all these, you kept going about INEC disqualifying someone. That's called being thick. I doesn't matter who you support, that should not blackened your sense of reasoning. I don't you what your age got to do with it.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Eziachi: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
omolami:
Inec to me seem to be shielding buhari for not submiting his credentials.How can idowu say he is not aware of any issue on buhari's refusal to submit credentials with all these noice.The affidafid should have been on specific credentials and not just "my credentials".This is enough for inec to return d affidafid to Apc for verification.I equally expect other party to go to court immediately to challenge the authenticity of buhari's affidafid.The Military secretary should equally respond to buhari's claim, except they are part of d cover up
Probably there is nothing to challenge. You think PDP
people are foold to have seen such gaping opportunities and refused to take it? I doubt that, when their own Sambo claimed that his certificate was destroyed by fire and used the same affidavit with reference to his old school.
Unless the law required that you produce the physical and original certification, then that is a different issue.
It seems both Sambo and Buhari does not have their physical certificates and both had sworn an affidavit referring INEC to two institutions where there qualifications can traced based on the current electoral law.
If don't like it, lobby your law makers to repeal that clause or amend it.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by londoner: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
Collynzo9:

They should do their job, walk down to the Military HQ to look for Buhari's certificate and disqualify him if they can't find it.
You could see fear (of Buhari's boys) written all over the INEC official's words, something is wrong.

Lol, how is it now the job of INEC to go and physically look for Buhari's certificate for him?

Come on, INEC should not be so involved in this so that it looks like they are just a tool of the gov. to witchhunt opposition candidates.

It is up to Buhari to obtain the certificates, which he declared he has. It is between him an the military that he claims has them. If he can not supply them, then he does not qualify to stand. The process is then between the party that put him forward as their candidate to retract him and offer/submit their alternative candidate to INEC.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by cosmatika(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
''QUESTIONS I KEEP ASKING MYSELF ABOUT
BUHARI
Can someone who REFUSED to ATTEND OPUTA
PANEL when invited talk about justice
Can someone whose statements are loaded with
VIOLENCE assure peace
Can someone who promised he would ensure that
SHARIA LAW gets to all part of the country tolerate
people from other religion
Can someone that asked MUSLIMS TO VOTE ONLY
MUSLIM be voted for by other religion?
Can someone that put Shagari in HOUSE ARREST
and DR Alex Ekwueme in PRISON be absolved of
tribal sentiments?
Can someone who used retroactive laws to KILL
PEOPLE be trusted with our lives?
Can someone who says FIGHTING TERRORISM is
against his people be allowed to be in charge of
this country
Can someone who executed 75% of PTF projects in
the NORTH and distributed the remaining 25%
among other regions when he was the PTF
chairman be allowed to take charge of all projects
in the country
Can someone who as a military head of state who
knows he would be overthrown but COULD NOT
DO ANYTHING because his deputy was not around
be classified as courageous?
Can someone who says ACN is corrupt but
because of his presidential ambition now surrounds
himself with ACN thieves be ABLE TO FIGHT
CORRUPTION?
Can someone who as head of PTF DID NOT KNOW
how billions of Naira got missing be trusted with
our entire wealth as president
Can someone who could not allow the economic of
demand, supply and internal production factors to
determine the prices of commodities but used
SOLDIERS TO FORCE price control be able to
handle present economic challenges??
Can someone who did not allow his government be
criticised and UNJUSTLY ARRESTED those who
criticised his government be given that opportunity
to lead again,etc?
Honestly, Buhari is NOT the RIGHT person.''
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by crownprince102: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
Collynzo9:

Expect plenty lawsuits soonest.
I don't think APC verified anything, they would have at least returned with a photocopy.
There is something seriously fishy about the whole story, it isn't normal.

The fact that he managed to get away with illegality thrice doesn't mean that he should be allowed the fourth time.
Why is the PDP talking about the illegality now?....... Keep it to yourself, you and I knows why
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Collynzo9: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
Eziachi:
Intelligent person sticks to what he read and not what wished you could have read or what you hope to read.
The journalist asked INEC question about rumours circulating about Buhari certificate and INEC responded by saying that there was no issues arising and if there is, that is the problem of APC or any interested party because their job is not to disqualify candidates.
Their response is probably based on the precedent set by the supreme court judgement over AtAtiku in 2007.
After reading all these, you kept going about INEC disqualifying someone. That's called being thick. I doesn't matter who you support, that should not blackened your sense of reasoning. I don't you what your age got to do with it.
Unless your are beginning to develop eye problems - which is very possible, the comment you initially quoted clearly mentioned APC and not INEC. Buhari submitted an affidavit and not his certificate, that is a fact. It is the job of his party and not INEC to disqualify him, that is another fact I admitted to in that comment.
Now as an intelligent person you want us to believe you are, you could have told us the possible circumstances that could have led to Buhari's certificate being locked up somewhere with the military board, something many people including me doubt. Rather you started with an insult and then went on to rave about PDP distraction, opposition merger, Amaechi and all sorts of rubbish that aren't releveant to the discussion.
How is it PDP propaganda that journalist went to INEC's office and saw an afiidavit next to Buhaei's name instead of his certificate and was the case with Jonathan. When something similar but more understandable was reported about Sambo, did you call it propaganda too?
Go back to the earlier comment and read how I and the other guy had a discussion free of insults and rancour before you came up.
I think if anyone has proven to be thick here, it is you.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Collynzo9: 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
londoner:

Lol, how is it now the job of INEC to go and physically look for Buhari's certificate for him?

Come on, INEC should not be so involved in this so that it looks like they are just a tool of the gov. to witchhunt opposition candidates.

It is up to Buhari to obtain the certificates, which he declared he has. It is between him an the military that he claims has them. If he can not supply them, then he does not qualify to stand. The process is then between the party that put him forward as their candidate to retract him and offer/submit their alternative candidate to INEC.
Now that he is not doing that and his party will never withdraw him, what happens?
Anyway, it is left for concerned citizens or other parties to file a lawsuit and get the situation resolved.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by myola(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
Collynzo9:

Unless your are beginning to develop eye problems - which is very possible, the comment you initially quoted clearly mentioned APC and not INEC. Buhari submitted an affidavit and not his certificate, that is a fact. It is the job of his party and not INEC to disqualify him, that is another fact I admitted to in that comment.
Now as an intelligent person you want us to believe you are, you could have told us the possible circumstances that could have led to Buhari's certificate being locked up somewhere with the military board, something many people including me doubt. Rather you started with an insult and then went on to rave about PDP distraction, opposition merger, Amaechi and all sorts of rubbish that aren't releveant to the discussion.
How is it PDP propaganda that journalist went to INEC's office and saw an afiidavit next to Buhaei's name instead of his certificate and was the case with Jonathan. When something similar but more understandable was reported about Sambo, did you call it propaganda too?
Go back to the earlier comment and read how I and the other guy had a discussion free of insults and rancour before you came up.
I think if anyone has proven to be thick here, it is you.
One attribute I discovered about Buhari supporter is that most of them can't defend their principal convincingly so they resolved to attack and insulting, want to make you look like a fool instead of the other way round. ask them simple questions that required simple answers, they will start insulting you, what a mentality!
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by lagdmark(m): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
EVEN IF THE NORTH/SW DON'T LIKE GEJ AS A PERSON, they would have picked a more dynamic, educated and civilized young man to bring a change. Buhari has expired, even his ideas is no more relevant for a modern nigeria today.
it's never too late to replace that pa buhari and let him rest, after 3 trials and failed it means he is not good enough to lead a modern society and bring that change we need.
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by jamace(m): 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
tit:

as we say, many days for the thief, one day for the owner!

we are just giving buhari chance to withdraw with style before we disgrace him.
he can claim he is having catarrh or something and just return to his village in daura.
if we vex naw, he will start complaining why we drag am for ground!
Kai, you get get mouth o. See how you finished Buhari. grin grin
My people say, old papa wey e no respect himself even children go dey point finger at his face. grin grin

Buhari at his ancient age is telling lies to get power. Is this how to get change?
Re: It Is Apc's Duty To Disqualify Buhari - INEC by Ikengawo: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
major466:
[size=18pt]Buhari has no Certificate!!![/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Igbo Month:philip Effiong From Akwa Ibom Is The Second President Of Biafra / So Nigeria Cannot Survive Without Crude Oil / BREAKING: Nigeria Hits Goldmine , Finds Crude Oil In Lake Chad Area – NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.