Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN (27458 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Women WERE Aboard Refugee Ships, But Muslims Did Something Sickening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by FlyinDutchMan(m): 11:34am On Jan 01, 2015
I don't think there is any thing wrong in CAN clearing the air on this issue, imagine its the other way round, I believe JNI will do the same, because they are religious bodies and it is expected that they speak the truth always though most people have contrary take on CAN. How I wish the story is true, cos it will benefit this country more if we respect each others beliefs and value our lives.
Happy New year everyone
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Swiftboy(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2015
adrelanine:
kk
meanwhile

CELEBRATING THE NEW
YEAR
By Dr. Bilal Philips
Origins
January is named after Janus, the
Roman god of doors and
gateways. He was commonly
depicted in statues, carvings and
paintings as a two headed man
with one head facing forward and
the other head facing backwards.
In 46BC Julius Caesar chose
January 1 as the first day of the
New Year as Janus symbolically
represented the door to the New
Year . Wild parties and orgies
were held on the night before the
New Year ’s Day as a re-enactment
of the chaos which Roman
mythology depicted as preceding
the cosmos or the ordered world
whose organization was set by the
gods. Furthermore, by that time,
Janus had become, in practice, the
highest god receiving the ritual
sacrifices of Roman worshippers
before the other gods, including
the chief god, Jupiter.[1]
Thus, in its essence the
celebrations of the New Year on
January 1 and New Year’s Eve,
the night before, are a part and
parcel of pagan religious rituals
based on idolatrous beliefs in false
gods. Consequently, it is
completely Haraam (sinful and
forbidden) for Muslims to
participate in or adopt any of its
related rituals, customs and
symbols.
If a non-Muslim greets a
Muslim, “Happy New Year”,
the Muslim is not allowed to
respond in a similar manner
or say, “Same to you.”
Instead, in order not to offend
or hurt the feelings of non-
Muslim friends or
acquaintances, one may say
instead, “Happy holiday.”
As for celebrating the New Year
according to the Islamic calendar
which begins with the month of
Muharram, this is also not
permissible from a number of
perspectives. First and foremost,
if one does so believing that it is
pleasing to Allah to do so, thereby
transforming it into an act of
worship, it becomes a Bid‘ah or
cursed innovation in the religion
about which the Prophet (pbuh)
said, “Every innovation in
religion is misguidance and all
misguidance leads to the Hellfire.”
If one does so merely as a custom,
it is still impermissible as it falls
under the prohibition of imitation
of pagan customs about which the
Prophet (pbuh) said, “Whoever
imitates a people becomes one of
them.”
[1] Pope Gregory 13 who set the
modern calendar, the Gregorian
calendar, also officially fixed the
first day of the year for Christian
Europe as January 1 in 1582.
We Christians dont see big deal in these so called paganism you ascribed to Christianity. We believe the living God is the owner of everyday and as such we call on His Holy name instead of the rituals embedded in paganism. We dont even care whether its January etc...God has made everyday holy by His grace so far we call on His name instead. If you're told that Islam is more pagan than paganism itself would you rather make a turn around for the living God? Every practice and rituals in Islam is totally paganism. Enjoy this articles:
1. http://nabeelafsar.com/2013/07/18/reader-dissent-the-pagan-origins-of-ramadan-ctd/

2. http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-polytheism-moon-worship.htm

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by gottoboy(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2015
Akshow:
CAN are liars. Let's not forget CAN is a PDP arm. I was a witness during the fuel subsidy strike in Kaduna and kano when Christians shield Muslims during prayers and vice versa so this is not something new.

The sense I make out of this is that PDP as usual are always promoting divide and rule. divide Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines so if Muslim starts protecting Christians its a blow to their agenda hence the can statement. PDP know that to win, Christians have to be against Muslims, north against south but all their effort shall fall to pieces IJN. Nigeria wants change. We want Buhari

Mr Man what ά̲̣̥я̥є you saying
What's your point? Ά̲̣̥я̥є you saying CAN ά̲̣̥я̥є Lairs, or you want us to help you support BUHARU? Which plz!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2015
Stillblessing:

Read the post well. The man says that CAN is not against any genuine peace initiative but would not accept a message of peace that is fabricated and based on falsehood.
I thought no one is sensible here with the amount of likes fo.olish comment are getting until i saw ur comment. God bless u this new year.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by TheBitterTruth: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2015
limamintruth:

And who made you Judge over men? undecided
You and your cohorts have absolutely no authority to dictate to CAN how it should operate. So you better get used to reality or face perpetual heartache mister. cool
How has CAN been operating that has suit us?. Is it through Money Lundary, purchase of arminatns for political motives or how?. Are u nt in Nigeria?. Is ur father part of these hoodlums?. Are ur not an antiChrist?. Are u wise atall?. God's judgement will soon come. Repent now.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2015
calaway:

YOU ARE AN ILLITERATE THAT NEEDS EDUCATION.

Education on what?

You and the buffoon that liked your post are e-diots and you are an attention seeking prig.

"CAN talks too much" what has that statement got to do with illiteracy and education?

F.o.oooooool! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by deletrue: 11:43am On Jan 01, 2015
malele:
Thought as much , I don't see how people that rejoiced when a Christian governor died will turn around and protect people oF his religion
That is it. How on earth can that happen? Its like someone telling any Nigerians that the north will ever make up their mind to allow any individual from other regions to rule Nigeria, when every normal persons know, that is the last thing an housa can do and he come be say na Buhari, who is the MOST EVIL minded person in our time. is contesting. Never. A region who kill their own people and used it as a campaign point against GEJ.
The apc threats towards February election has made many people to travel out the cities. Where I am now three families are leaving Lagos mid of February leaving only me. They all appealled to me the take care of the compound. What kind life it that?
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by kazman7(m): 11:43am On Jan 01, 2015
But it was a christain pastor that broke the news of muslim's protection on christmas day,why refute the claims instead of calling on the pastor that broke the news to come and clear the air on his claims,....this refutal is simply divisive if you ask me
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Tomicz: 11:45am On Jan 01, 2015
Crocz:
Oh how I'd love all this so called religious arms be suspended. They are not creating peace, they are advocating for chaos. I mean why can't you just let the news be?...it might change the mindset of some youth who had believed it. What does he hope to gain by refuting the claim now?

There are fanatics hiding behind a cat smile and that white cloak...trust me!
My thought exactly..
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by deletrue: 11:47am On Jan 01, 2015
Funjosh:
OK. So who is feeding us with Lies now.
Na the same hausas and apc.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 01, 2015
omenka:
Don't take everyone opposed to CAN as muslims. I'm as Christian as christian can be, better than the crook Ayo himself. "Cross-overed" in living faith last night.

You look beautiful. Great figure.

Happy new year.
I used to think u're wise.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by TheBitterTruth: 11:52am On Jan 01, 2015
Why can't CAN clear the air for us on their so call antiChrist President money laundary for purchase of arminatns but they can clear the air to prevent what will be of good for us. JESUS will forsake these devils/beast of no capacities in no time.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by limamintruth: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2015
TheBitterTruth:
How has CAN been operating that has suit us?. Is it through Money Lundary, purchase of arminatns for political motives or how?. Are u nt in Nigeria?. Is ur father part of these hoodlums?. Are ur not an antiChrist?. Are u wise atall?. God's judgement will soon come. Repent now.

You are a silly Clown.

You are not God, so leave judgement aside cos i very well believe you sef wont make heaven on the last day. tongue

And whether or not CAN officials are corrupt has nothing whatsoever to do with the public statement the body made. Or was their corrupt statement the reason for the earlier false report by your disgusting cohorts? undecided

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by calaway: 11:55am On Jan 01, 2015
Joavid:

Education on what?

You and the buffoon that liked your post are e-diots and you are an attention seeking prig.

"CAN talks too much" what has that statement got to do with illiteracy and education?

F.o.oooooool! undecided

YOU ARE WORSE THAN AN ILLITERATE COS AN ILLITERATE CANNOT READ SO YOU MAY EXCUSE HIM/HER FOR IGNORANT LAPSES IN COMMUNICATING FACTS. YOU ON THE OTHER-HAND CAN READ AND YET EMANATE SUCH COLOSSAL QUANTUM OF IGNORANCE!!!
THIS IS YOUR STATEMENT: "CAN talks too much.

Plus, I never heard or read anywhere that the Muslims claim to have protected Christians on christmas day."

NOW EDUCATE YOUR SELF BY READING ANY OR ALL OF THE LINKS BELOW:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/muslim-youths-protect-christians-xmas-service-kaduna/

https://www.nairaland.com/2062782/muslim-youths-protect-christians-during

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by airfinance(m): 12:08pm On Jan 01, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Unintelligent...
Very intelligent
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by eckersley: 12:09pm On Jan 01, 2015
Crocz:
Oh how I'd love all this so called religious arms be suspended.
They are not creating peace, they are advocating for chaos.
I mean why can't you just let the news be?...it might change the mindset of some youth who had believed it. What does he hope to gain by refuting the claim now?

There are fanatics hiding behind a cat smile and that white cloak...trust me!
Acts 13.25 International Standard Version
When John was finishing his work, he said,
'Who do you think I am ? I'm not the Messiah
No, but he is coming after me, and I'm not worthy to untie the sandals on his feet.'

In the above passage, it was widely thought/believed/supposed that John d Baptist was the Messiah.
-due to the genuineness of the sermons and miracles he preached and performed rspctvly
John could have let d news be...as it might would definitely hv changed not only
d mindset of some many youth, but countless number of people.
[This is what u are advocating]

Was John complicit in spreading their FALSE BELIEF and HALF-TRUTHS by keeping mum?
NO, NO, NO
Christianity does not do that.

What did John d Baptist do?
He negated their falsehood and punctured whatever pseudo-benefits may have or would hv accrued from it
[THIS IS WHAT EVERY TRUE CHRISTIAN SHD DO WHEN IN SUCH A SITUATION]

Lasting peace CANNOT be predicated on half-truths and lies
Cos both d truth and half-truths k nt b buried forever
and what will blvrs of d latter do
when they discover they hv believed a lie all along

Spread d truth by clicking d share button

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Akpan107(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
Akshow:
CAN are liars. Let's not forget CAN is a PDP arm. I was a witness during the fuel subsidy strike in Kaduna and kano when Christians shield Muslims during prayers and vice versa so this is not something new.

The sense I make out of this is that PDP as usual are always promoting divide and rule. divide Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines so if Muslim starts protecting Christians its a blow to their agenda hence the can statement. PDP know that to win, Christians have to be against Muslims, north against south but all their effort shall fall to pieces IJN. Nigeria wants change. We want Buhari

Buhari will forever never rule Nigeria, the earlier you get that into ur head, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by TheBitterTruth: 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2015
limamintruth:

You are a silly Clown.

You are not God, so leave judgement aside cos i very well believe you sef wont make heaven on the last day. tongue

And whether or not CAN officials are corrupt has nothing whatsoever to do with the public statement the body made. Or was their corrupt state the reason for the earlier false report by your disgusting cohorts? undecided
Do u see how foolish and idiotic u and ur CAN leaders are?. His Statement has led to another bomb blast today, some hours ago at a Church claiming several lives in Gombe State. Of what use is CAN to us?. How many of ur family has died in this struggle?, none, that's why you and ur leaders reasons like sensiless rats and dogs, antiChrist beast of no Capacities.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by omenka(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
bigwind:
I used to think u're wise.
And you think otherwise now because
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by freshness2020: 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
Galadimabawa:
even if they do i will not be comfotable with does animals present in my church vecenity. Blive u me this, i fill comfotable with a yoruba muslem or any other tribe than a hausa person to be with me, so long as u are not thesame religion with them those hausa can kill u now now now.
..not all core hausa's...we still have some cool headed one's! It won't be nice If we generalize them!
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Slimmos(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
adrelanine:
kk
meanwhile

CELEBRATING THE NEW
YEAR
By Dr. Bilal Philips
Origins
January is named after Janus, the
Roman god of doors and
gateways. He was commonly
depicted in statues, carvings and
paintings as a two headed man
with one head facing forward and
the other head facing backwards.
In 46BC Julius Caesar chose
January 1 as the first day of the
New Year as Janus symbolically
represented the door to the New
Year . Wild parties and orgies
were held on the night before the
New Year ’s Day as a re-enactment
of the chaos which Roman
mythology depicted as preceding
the cosmos or the ordered world
whose organization was set by the
gods. Furthermore, by that time,
Janus had become, in practice, the
highest god receiving the ritual
sacrifices of Roman worshippers
before the other gods, including
the chief god, Jupiter.[1]
Thus, in its essence the
celebrations of the New Year on
January 1 and New Year’s Eve,
the night before, are a part and
parcel of pagan religious rituals
based on idolatrous beliefs in false
gods. Consequently, it is
completely Haraam (sinful and
forbidden) for Muslims to
participate in or adopt any of its
related rituals, customs and
symbols.
If a non-Muslim greets a
Muslim, “Happy New Year”,
the Muslim is not allowed to
respond in a similar manner
or say, “Same to you.”
Instead, in order not to offend
or hurt the feelings of non-
Muslim friends or
acquaintances, one may say
instead, “Happy holiday.”
As for celebrating the New Year
according to the Islamic calendar
which begins with the month of
Muharram, this is also not
permissible from a number of
perspectives. First and foremost,
if one does so believing that it is
pleasing to Allah to do so, thereby
transforming it into an act of
worship, it becomes a Bid‘ah or
cursed innovation in the religion
about which the Prophet (pbuh)
said, “Every innovation in
religion is misguidance and all
misguidance leads to the Hellfire.”
If one does so merely as a custom,
it is still impermissible as it falls
under the prohibition of imitation
of pagan customs about which the
Prophet (pbuh) said, “Whoever
imitates a people becomes one of
them.”
[1] Pope Gregory 13 who set the
modern calendar, the Gregorian
calendar, also officially fixed the
first day of the year for Christian
Europe as January 1 in 1582.
my wahala brother ina don start with dis ina fanatical lies again ba
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by sofitinted(f): 12:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Y is CAN bringing up a 4gotten issue?dis news is stale already
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Tomytomy3: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
Yet blinded and deluded christians are ready to vote a muslim. No wonder Jesus said "my people have allowed the people of the world to be wiser than them in their generation". Meanwhile gej 4ever.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by limamintruth: 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
TheBitterTruth:
Do u see how foolish and idiotic u and ur CAN leaders are?. His Statement has led to another bomb blast today, some hours ago at a Church claiming several lives in Gombe State. Of what use is CAN to us?. How many of ur family has died in this struggle?, none, that's why you and ur leaders reasons like sensiless rats and dogs, antiChrist beast of no Capacities.

And you are a very pathetic coward. angry
So you are suggesting that christians/CAN now must avoid stating/speaking the truth so as not to get bombed or what? undecided

Or did your bokoharam tell you that its because of Oritsejafor's statements that they are attacking/killing hapless nigerians? And was it also because of Oritsejafor's statements that BH kidnapped chibok girls & attacked kano mosque worshippers some weeks back

You are always quick to refer to others as fools, whereas you are the original most foolish fool on this thread. Cos only a fool will attempt to justify BH's terrorist activities.

So mister clownish fool, even if CAN didnt make any statement, BH would still carry out its attacks. Hence, i'l advise you to scavenge for something better & more appealing to accuse the CAN you so much hate of rather than this rubbish. cool

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by jamst(m): 12:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
it is like this man is crazy
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by limamintruth: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
sofitinted:
Y is CAN bringing up a 4gotten issue?dis news is stale already

Dont you know that 'truth' has no expiry date
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by stanisbaratheon: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2015
eighTHREAD:
CAN ofcourse! Have you forgotten that they are now an arm of PDP?

this has proven beyond doubt what someone said some few months back, that the people in the North see PDP as christian party and the APC as muslim party.

What does politics have to do with this thread??
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by TheBitterTruth: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
limamintruth:

And you are a very pathetic coward. angry
So you are suggesting that christians/CAN now must avoid stating/speaking the truth so as not to get bombed or what? undecided

Or did your bokoharam tell you that its because of Oritsejafor's statements that they are attacking/killing hapless nigerians? And was it also because of Oritsejafor's statements that BH kidnapped chibok girls & attacked kano mosque worshippers some weeks back

You are always quick to refer to others as fools, whereas you are the original most foolish fool on this thread. Cos only a fool will attempt to justify BH's terrorist activities.

So mister clownish fool, even if CAN didnt make any statement, BH would still carry out its attacks. Hence, i'l advise you to scavenge for something better & more appealing to accuse the CAN you so much hate of rather than this rubbish. cool
LIMCAN, it's regretably lugubious that antiChrist like u and ur Leaders Orisa, idol has Yoruba do call it are managing our affairs. CAN gulder with JAFOR will soon perish unless they repent. Forsaken dogs.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by dyfatai(m): 1:04pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sard:

...but according to quran, you are to kill pagans, not protect their lives. Why contradicting the 'holy book'?

Bros, this line of arguement has been refuted a billion times, kindly make this a billion and one.

Quran 5:53 says, “…whoso kills a soul, unless it be for murder or for wreaking corruption in the land, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind; and he who saves a
life, it shall be as if he had given life to all mankind.”

NB: Please i don't want to be dragged into an E-war, so i might not reply if you quote me.

Best regards.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 01, 2015
bigwind:
I thought no one is sensible here with the amount of likes fo.olish comment are getting until i saw ur comment. God bless u this new year.
Thanks, God bless you too, Happy New Year
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by TheBitterTruth: 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

this has proven beyond doubt what someone said some few months back, that the people in the North see PDP as christian party and the APC as muslim party.

What does politics have to do with this thread??
The foolish antiChrist CAN President has reduced us to the State of nothingness. So, the guy is wright. What has he got to do with the purchase of arminatns and money lundary with the govt in power. Why is his word always politically inclined most especially in support of the party in power b/c of the JET donated for him by GEJ called unknwn donor. God will judge us all.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by slimmax: 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
eighTHREAD:
CAN ofcourse! Have you forgotten that they are now an arm of PDP?
Young man keep quiet if u dont know wat to say. I resides within dat axis and nothing of such occured. I saw the previous post(a week ago) but refused to comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Mikel Obi A Member Of The Illuminati? You Must See This Pics / MURIC Rejects Bishop Kukah’s Almajiris Plan Of Training 10 Million Almajiris / Imo Youths Lock Out Bishop-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.