Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (31072 Views)

"Why We Wish Our Presidents Dead" - Abimbola Adelakun / Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Amanwulu1(m): 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Nogen:
Yes, he will use the military to fix everything that needs to be fixed in Nigeria and for Nigeria!
buhari is still living in 1984 nigeria. Does he knw what is d N/A n their functions? Even his myopic supporters are not asking questions n I begin to wonder...

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Spongia1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
LRNZH:
I am.sorry but the writer is shallow in his analysis.

Instead of tackling the actual points in the manifesto and providing alternatives..... he's just using bogus words to make a watery conclusion of negativity.

I'm even curious to know his background.

I have more research to do... We shall get to the bottom of this matter.

By the way, GEJ's New Year speech this morning is bereft of ideas. There was nothing on his plans (if any) for Power, Refining, Security and on tackling Corruption.
That's the manifesto PDP has for 2015.
why must the writer be a man? Gender inequality at its height. By the way, the writer is a "she"
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by KLand(m): 9:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Manifesto, or not, I honestly feel Nigeria is more complicated than what a 72 year old mallam can handle.

Buhari is not the change we so badly need.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Amanwulu1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
thekingsmen:
well articulated yet fraught with gramatical errors.. Well articulated yet exhumed and repackaged from 2011 without considering the changing times and conditions. I think you should be worried more about the writer's negative assertions and provide answers to them
na u get time 4 egift n co. Dem no dey use dem brain think.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Remii(m): 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
no problem GEJ will win, but I will ask all GEJ supporters to read 2015 budget to be sure you understand what you are supporting.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by EMong: 9:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
Every good political manifesto does not just state what the campaigner wants to do when he gets elected but how he/she intends to do that.
This is so vague.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Googleus(m): 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
THIS SPACE IN

ASO ROCK IS

NOT FOR SALE

Beware of 419,&

My son, Mohammadu B.H
And his born to rule foot soldiers

GEJ, 2009-2019

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by vanstanzy(m): 9:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
Dictator's only understand control, that is why Buhari's manifesto is filled with pronouns "I". What he doesn't understand is that control is a mirage. The most effective leaders right now--men and women--are those who embrace traits once considered feminine:
Empathy.
Vulnerability.
Humility.
Inclusiveness.
Generosity.
Balance.
Patience.

I doubt if he can score 15% on these.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by vanstanzy(m): 9:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
EMong:
Every good political manifesto does not just state what the campaigner wants to do when he gets elected but how he/she intends to do that.
This is so vague.

Exactly!!! grin grin grin
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by joseArnolds: 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
DWJOBScom:
Well done - you have done well

They are all politicians but we are no longer gullible

The part that's so funny is how he will persecute corruption and eliminate it - unleSs he starts killing them without honouring the court system or kidnap them the way he kidnapped Dikko. This is democracy and rule of law must take it's stand. GEJ has given the court it's independence and has never interfered so it's left to the judiciary to do it's job

To the APC ewarriors pls ask your pay masters how their representative will tackle corruption and distribute thousands to Nigerians
tell them, they think this is the militry era. so many of them are kids, hence they do not really know how the system works

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by joseArnolds: 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
EMong:
This is so vague.
pls help me educate them
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by vanstanzy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
Spongia1:
why must the writer be a man? Gender inequality at its height. By the way, the writer is a "she"

See kettle calling pot black! grin grin He most probably wasn't thinking of the writers sex, and you have drawn up a conclusion already.smiley smiley
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by ibisko04: 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

My friend face reality

Our national wealth is declining and our population is increasing.

We should focus more on wealth creation that are private LGAs and States oriented.

I agree with you that our population is increasing everyday. Our resources is not declining as you think.
We only have bad managers and poor decision makers. Social welfare services is guaranteed by the combination of government policy and a thriving private sector.
Whereby government is prudent and responsible, making infrastructural development as at when needed. Commercial enterprise driving by local industry, manufacturing for the local and Africa market.
With this, social welfare reform will be a little parts of government policy that will require little resources from government.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by deji68: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by babadee1(m): 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
Ok. So where is Jonathan's manifesto? We need to make a side by side comparison.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by samuel25(m): 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
barcanista:
The writer is very hypocritical. Manifestoes usually captures what an incoming government aim to bring to the table, the "how" is another issue. This is why there is debate for people to scruitinize aspirants and ask questions about how promises can be achieved. Everything does not necessarily need to lump inside a document called manifesto. The criticisms of the author should be thrown into the trash can, he should have questioned the Buhari Campaign to ask them to explain the "How". You don't expect an aspirant to tell you "I will introduce stiff taxing to salvage the economy". I see nothing wrong with the document honestly! Support Change and Vote buhari in next month's contest.
Please go and check the meaning of manifesto and come back to edit your post. Because we have all used to how unachievable manifesto is always presented to us should stop us from appreciating good manifesto when we see one. How will somebody at this computer age should just present USUAL campaign promises to us and expect everybody to started jubilating. It is a known fact that we need change in this country but not just empty promises change but a honest change practicable in a Democratic setting. If Buhari can give us an elaborate manifesto with detailed HOW TO DO WHAT, it will be an added advantage to his chance to win the vote of elites in the country. Empty promises like this has filled our memory since 1999, therefore, we need something different not just ORDINARY CHANGE IN THE NAME OF PRESIDENT.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Amanwulu1(m): 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
LRNZH:

You're the one with a sectarian tint. You're thinking SW and religion when you hear background. What makes you think I'm from the SW?

By background I mean her experience and education.

Her analysis is weak to be honest. While stating what she feels about the manifesto, she did not focus on the points in the manifesto and how it should be presented, strength and weakness. You do not critique objectively without providing alternatives.

It maybe that packaging her argument coherently is not her strong point.

Lest I forget, you're silent on GEJ’s New Year speech.

Like I stated, I'll try to dig more on this manifesto matter.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
sitesolutions:
Any discussion on the topic of population explosion is 'a no go area' It is very sensitive to ordinary man on the street. It is a subject worth addressing. I don't think anyone has an answer to that.

Social programs like welfare system of N5k proposed by Buhari has to be funded by someone, ie through taxation, etc. We tend to forget that without jobs, revenues can not be raised through taxation. Unless Buhari has other means in mind, but with our large population combined with falling oil prices, not much option exists.

So to create a welfare system, you must first create jobs, which can fund your welfare system. That is how it works in many advanced economies.

Gbam

The wisest thing to do is to create policies that can enable 25million people financially strong enough to pay taxes of #5000 monthly per person

This will put #1.5tr into the national treasury instead of a welfare scheme that takes away #1.5tr from the national treasury

Barcanista Aresa and Obiagelli

This is what APC should preach
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
sitesolutions:
Any discussion on the topic of population explosion is 'a no go area' It is very sensitive to ordinary man on the street. It is a subject worth addressing. I don't think anyone has an answer to that.

Social programs like welfare system of N5k proposed by Buhari has to be funded by someone, ie through taxation, etc. We tend to forget that without jobs, revenues can not be raised through taxation. Unless Buhari has other means in mind, but with our large population combined with falling oil prices, not much option exists.

So to create a welfare system, you must first create jobs, which can fund your welfare system. That is how it works in many advanced economies.

Gbam

The wisest thing to do is to create policies that can enable 25million people financially strong enough to pay taxes of #5000 monthly per person

This will put #1.5tr into the national treasury instead of a welfare scheme that takes away #1.5tr from the national treasury

Barcanista Ibisko04 Aresa and Obiagelli

This is what APC should preach
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by FRCS(m): 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
This is wat is required 4 now:

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by eugoo: 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
A man with a political age of 72 cannot rule nigeria,buharia should be an elder political consultant
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by easytech1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
thekingsmen:

www.punchng.com/opinion/viewpoint/the-trouble-with-the-buhari-manifesto/

what is the essence of manifesto without implementation?
please note, it's not how beautiful your manifesto is but how prepared and ready you are to implement your programmes.

am sure you know very well by yourself that GMB is better than Jonathan even if it's just with a point.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by samuel25(m): 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2015
We are yet to see any realistic change in Buhari manifesto. Anybody can come with good idea on how to rule Nigeria but the question is, how realistic and achievable the idea is?
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by poseidon12: 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Read the article elsewhere. It was a good article...and indeed the problem with the Opposition is that they are largely defined by the fact that they are not the PDP. We don't have a clear idea of what they intend to do.

But let us be frank....the reason why APC and PDP can get away with vague ''I will build road'' manifestos is because Nigerians are not a thinking people. We don't ask questions. We just want our share of the cake, thank you very much.

So, until Nigerians start asking questions, we will forever have vague ''I will give you road'' type manifestos.

You are right. Critical thinking is not our forte over here.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Tolexander: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2015
KLand:

The guy is speaking the mind of several people here. Check the stats, he already has over 80 likes to show for it.
so the number of 'likes' is your yardstick for reasonable comment?

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by sitesolutions: 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2015
You are so right, that is why Buhari will propose N5k welfare payment in his manifestos without thinking of being challenged just like our ancestors were unable to do decades ago. This is 1960's politics in 2015.

Therefore, he is not the man to move this country forward. We need to start looking for that man ready for 2019.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
Change2015:

This is so dumb.
What is so dumb?
The only thing that is dumb here is ur inability to coherently apply a common sense before quoting me.
They tried to keep it brief because Nigerians are notorious for not liking to read.
Hehehehe.... And you took ur time to read what the OP posted and even read my post and quoted me...and u're a Nigerian...right?
They tried to make it brief to confuse souls like you...
You can make a manifesto brief and yet quite convincing with prudent facts...
It must be rational...a manifesto is a statement of belief...I.e...it must give a brief details of certain goals and objective...
We're not fools...that one malam will wake up from his sleep and come and tell us that he'll tackle insurgency if we vote him as a president without details plans on how he wants to go about it...
And yes Nigerians, if you come to their door like that the first response will be a loud shout of amen.
What has this got to do with what I posted before?
Are you sane?
Does he know the state of the army Jonathan is leaving behind?
Is comprehension an issue?
Is these a part of the discussed manifesto?
Publish a military plan in a manifesto?
Broz....at first u sounded like a pundit...but after going through what u posted...I jst couldn't believe you actually posted this with ur right senses!
I never posted anything about publishing a military plan...sir!
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Williamso(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
[quote author=Bennymontana post=29403535][/quote]

Lol... OK oh!!! To each his/her own... smiley
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Jeffsleek(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Somtymz i just smile at d political activism in nigeria!
People just wanna join d race of leadership without proper knowledge of what being a leader is all abt!
Buhari's manifesto would av bin d best an aspiring president can give if 9ja was an arewa state(hausa state,i mean).
His agenda is what he feels his people wants in order to get more vote frm his people which wil definitely giv him an edge in getting in2 power!

'his people'

im not surprised,at him not to av added d 'hows' of achieving his agenda!,cos he wouldn't av expected his people to ask him 'how he would achieve d stated goal'!

To Buhari:-Nigeria is in a state of emergency whereby d people need urgent solutions to d problems at hand!..but don't also 4get dat we are in an innovation era,where every average nigerian tends to use his ideas as his foremost power!..NIGERIANS ARE NOW WISE!.we don't need sugar coated leader,we need an ideologist,a leader who uses his brain while talking!

2015 election!
For me!..i don't like GEJ administration!...and i would av bin against him contesting for PRESIDENT again,if and only if there were better aspirants/contestants/opponents!!

But as at now its GEJ!
#anti_BUHARI #anti_SELFENJOYMENT

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by zaedd: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
On this skunk Jeyseyboy or whatever... too stupid about Hausa Fulani. Abeg take your ass over there you will hate yourself forever for being in tha dark all this time. I guess you know what I mean.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Abraham2013(m): 12:12am On Jan 02, 2015
Tolexander:
when will u start posting reasonable comments and stop spamming every thread with this sh1t!
Hope u will also say dis to d "sai buhari" group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Agbakoba To Buhari: Apply Ojukwu Aburi Accord & Divide Nigeria Now / Fulani Militias Kill 12 Persons In An Attack On Benue Community (graphic Photos) / Osun Monarch, Olowu Of Kuta Issues Warning To Asari Dokubo Over Oil Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.