Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (31117 Views)

"Why We Wish Our Presidents Dead" - Abimbola Adelakun / Buhari's Manifesto Vs Jonathan's Manifesto / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by sitesolutions: 12:16am On Jan 02, 2015
In conclusion, this part of the APC manifesto by Buhari only applies to the northerners. You can not win the vote of the south by a promise of a handout.

2 Likes

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by KLand(m): 12:27am On Jan 02, 2015
Tolexander:
so the number of 'likes' is your yardstick for reasonable comment?

The answer is very obvious!
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 02, 2015
egift:
Nobody expects PDP agents to like the well articulated Manifesto. But they are all happy with Jonathan's inability to present to Nigerians his plans for seeking re-election.

Nigerians are unitedly voting Buhari for Change. We can no long dwell under the burden of Corruption.

Sai Buhari.
are free of corruption?
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:
I am.sorry but the writer is shallow in his analysis.

Instead of tackling the actual points in the manifesto and providing alternatives..... he's just using bogus words to make a watery conclusion of negativity.

I'm even curious to know his background.

I have more research to do... We shall get to the bottom of this matter.

By the way, GEJ's New Year speech this morning is bereft of ideas. There was nothing on his plans (if any) for Power, Refining, Security and on tackling Corruption.
That's the manifesto PDP has for 2015.
u saw d name of the OP and u r still wondering d background. (sign of d real cluelesness) anyway lemme educate u. its a yoruba name and there r Yoruba speaking people in the south south. south west and middle belt(north central) and they think straight n are not afraid to come out of hausa/fulani neocolonialism. dats why when Pa Buhari loses again u people will start killing innocent people on d basis of election rigging .... bottom line is u need to travel round country n experience d diversity so as not to think that is only d hausas dat r in dis country(because u sound like an hausa man) and make myopic conclusions. even as I'm not in support of gej's position so far.. Buhari posses a greater treat to d country

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Eziachi: 2:02am On Jan 02, 2015
thekingsmen:
what is ur point really? Was apc there in 2011 when its present candidate used the same manifesto or is buhari not apc flagbearer?
Who told you that it's the same manifesto? What chapter of the manifesto have you read, how does it look like?
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Eziachi: 2:08am On Jan 02, 2015
D9ty7:

What is this one saying? It seems you didn't read the post or you probably didn't understand.
No one is saying the manisfesto is not properly articulated, as a matter of fact, PDP are saying nothing at the moment.
The question is, Buhari has a well detailed manifesto and a promising one at that, but anybody who understands the language English will see that it is 70% likely that someone drafted this for the GMB. And did you read that part in the post where they said, the manifesto has just a slight difference to the 2011 edition. A revised edition I call it.
One more thing is the question of how he intends to achieve all that was written in the manifesto.
No one is blocking Buhari's chances, neither is anyone trying to paint a bad picture of him, but as a sincere Nigerian, we want a better country, let him tell us how he intends to achieve all this. Let us know what to expect from his government, don't just give us points, give us detailed explanations to everything said.
Do you expect him to draft it by himself? How many world leaders even write their own dinner speech, let alone a party political agenda. If you want to see how he will implement it wait for the presidential debate, town hall meetings, campaign ad and campaign trail.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Eluwilussit(m): 3:35am On Jan 02, 2015
It's a pity, a very big one at that, that some people really want the rest of us to believe that retired general Buhari is the only one that can rule us. They claim he is the most disciplined Nigerian.Really? How can a man who lied to his commander -in-chief in the person of alhaji Shagari about his coup plot, only to topple his govt a few months later be referred to as disciplined and honest.

Disciplined officers uphold their oath of allegiance and loyalty to their c-in-c. Disciplined officers don't get involved in govt through coup.

If what I read, that GMB at 72, is the only one who can rule Nigeria, then Nigeria must have the highest number of idiots in the world. I don't care about religion,region, tribe or trade but GMB represents change only in the literary sense. Dig deep beyond sentiment, you can tell that this guy has nothing to offer us. That doesn't mean that GEJ is a fabulous leader. No. GEJ isn't the best we can offer. Buhari isn't either.

I wish Nigeria and Nigerians a fair, free and bloodless election. God bless my people. Happy New Year to men & women of goodwill.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by babadee1(m): 4:05am On Jan 02, 2015
Eluwilussit:
It's a pity, a very big one at that, that some people really want the rest of us to believe that retired general Buhari is the only one that can rule us. They claim he is the most disciplined Nigerian.Really? How can a man who lied to his commander -in-chief in the person of alhaji Shagari about his coup plot, only to topple his govt a few months later be referred to as disciplined and honest.

Disciplined officers uphold their oath of allegiance and loyalty to their c-in-c. Disciplined officers don't get involved in govt through coup.

If what I read, that GMB at 72, is the only one who can rule Nigeria, then Nigeria must have the highest number of idiots in the world. I don't care about religion,region, tribe or trade but GMB represents change only in the literary sense. Dig deep beyond sentiment, you can tell that this guy has nothing to offer us. That doesn't mean that GEJ is a fabulous leader. No. GEJ isn't the best we can offer. Buhari isn't either.

I wish Nigeria and Nigerians a fair, free and bloodless election. God bless my people. Happy New Year to men & women of goodwill.

So are you saying Nigerians should fold their arms and do nothing while the treasury is being bled dry, incompetence is being celebrated and terrorists are taking over sections of the country? To do nothing at this time is an endorsement of failure. No country can ever achieve true progress until the people demonstrate to those in power that they have the ability to remove them when they fail to perform. Only then will leaders begin to sit up and give us their best.
You think this election is about Buhari but you're wrong, it's about Jonathan. Is Buhari change? No. But is he change from Jonathan? Yes. That is all that matters for now. If he gets there and he starts to mess up then we will remove him too. That is how a democracy is supposed to work.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by tonychristopher: 4:53am On Jan 02, 2015
Change2015:

This is so dumb. The APC manifesto is out there if you care to look it up. They tried to keep it brief because Nigerians are notorious for not liking to read. Publish a military plan in a manifesto? Smdh. Does he know the state of the army Jonathan is leaving behind?
And yes Nigerians, if you come to their door like that the first response will be a loud shout of amen. Don't you even know your own people? P/s there is no Buhari manifesto, the primaries are over. That document was to sell himself to the party delegates. Now he is obliged to take on the APC manifesto, and rightfully so, if you understand anything about party politics. Buhari does not own the party but he is a leading light and inspiration to most of it. That is why we are here giving our time and energy, and sometimes money too.

#change
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by tonychristopher: 5:07am On Jan 02, 2015
Change2015:

Abeg, I truly don't understand this

Bow to English Cranmer made easy..was high though
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 02, 2015
Mrs Adelakun is a columnist I admire a lot for her balanced and unbiased analysis of events. She had at various times taken the Gej government to the cleaners. However I beg to disagree with her on the following points.
- that the maifesto is an edited version of the 2011 manifesto,..... Was she expecting another manifesto? so that she can write in next weeks punch that Gmb is inconsistent in his manifesto.
- she also said Gmb did not explain how he will tackle boko haram...... So he should start explaining military tactics he will use in flushing out the terrorist? How many times has Gej done that in his numerous speeches?
besides Gmb has stated that he will involve all past military officers with a view of finding solution
-on the issue of social welfare, does she even know that Gej has a bill before parliament seeking to establish a social security system? Also there are similar schemes operating like the conditional cash transfer scheme and payment of stipends to the elderly as in case of ekiti. Funding it even on the midst of crude oil price crash is very possible, use the so called security vote.
- on how to raise revenue, trust me that is no problem. Remember how Igr of Apc states have been increasing, an Apc federal government will do just that and before you know it, igr will replace oil as our main source of revenue, also enforcing law is a big business in developed countries, we all know Gmb stands on lawlessness

some commentators on this topic are just blinded by sentiments and many are kids just too eager to type a comment on nairaland , see what free Mb and stealing of broadband causes The most hilarious is the guy that said Gmb plans to use his Niger delta oil money to feed the poor........... The kid should tell us which money was used to set up the Niger delta oil industry Is it not cocoa, palm oil, rubber, timber and ground nut money?
besides the bulk of the oil money already stays in the Niger delta through 13% derivation, nddc, ministry of Niger delta, amnesty programme .

the change Gmb is talking about isn't just about Gej but change from impunity, change from extravagant spending, care for the less privileged everywhere in Nigeria unless you want us to believe there are poor people only in the north.

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by koladebrainiac(m): 6:12am On Jan 02, 2015
Sealeddeal:
That zone is actually a den of stomach infrastructure. They will lose nothing by dragging nigeria backward and thats why they are supporting Buhari so as to use nigeria money for partying and sallah
But jonathan is not doing anything now. I mean we in the west could not feel is presence maybe south east sha but not sw. So we better change power and form alliance with North. Hopefully things would improve than this sorry state GEJ has left nigeria. The thing is GEJ has not done meaningful thing in nigeria. Let him and buhari come on stage and see what they have for us. Obviously Buhari would render him incompetent. We all know that Jonathan is the least president,control by ladies-woman wrapper. To even think Reno Omikri and Reuben Abati are his tech guys are so absurd. Thise guy are empty,backwardness and too crude with their ideas. I follow them on Facebook,they are so empty and I wonder ,are these guy not those who are advising Jonathan? Please let weed us from this clueless jonathanians
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by balladin: 6:16am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:
I am.sorry but the writer is shallow in his analysis.

Instead of tackling the actual points in the manifesto and providing alternatives..... he's just using bogus words to make a watery conclusion of negativity.

I'm even curious to know his background.

I have more research to do... We shall get to the bottom of this matter.

By the way, GEJ's New Year speech this morning is bereft of ideas. There was nothing on his plans (if any) for Power, Refining, Security and on tackling Corruption.
That's the manifesto PDP has for 2015.
Read thru the write up again my brother. The writer tackled the points made in the manifesto intelligently. If you have nothing to say, no need to comment. And how was the president's new year message meant to be his manifesto or are you just looking for what to say?

1 Like

Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by balladin: 6:21am On Jan 02, 2015
lookooman:
Mrs Adelakun is a columnist I admire a lot for her balanced and unbiased analysis of events. She had at various times taken the Gej government to the cleaners. However I beg to disagree with her on the following points.
- that the maifesto is an edited version of the 2011 manifesto,..... Was she expecting another manifesto? so that she can write in next weeks punch that Gmb is inconsistent in his manifesto.
- she also said Gmb did not explain how he will tackle boko haram...... So he should start explaining military tactics he will use in flushing out the terrorist? How many times has Gej done that in his numerous speeches?
besides Gmb has stated that he will involve all past military officers with a view of finding solution
-on the issue of social welfare, does she even know that Gej has a bill before parliament seeking to establish a social security system? Also there are similar schemes operating like the conditional cash transfer scheme and payment of stipends to the elderly as in case of ekiti. Funding it even on the midst of crude oil price crash is very possible, use the so called security vote.
- on how to raise revenue, trust me that is no problem. Remember how Igr of Apc states have been increasing, an Apc federal government will do just that and before you know it, igr will replace oil as our main source of revenue, also enforcing law is a big business in developed countries, we all know Gmb stands on lawlessness

some commentators on this topic are just blinded by sentiments and many are kids just too eager to type a comment on nairaland , see what free Mb and stealing of broadband causes The most hilarious is the guy that said Gmb plans to use his Niger delta oil money to feed the poor........... The kid should tell us which money was used to set up the Niger delta oil industry Is it not cocoa, palm oil, rubber, timber and ground nut money?
besides the bulk of the oil money already stays in the Niger delta through 13% derivation, nddc, ministry of Niger delta, amnesty programme .

the change Gmb is talking about isn't just about Gej but change from impunity, change from extravagant spending, care for the less privileged everywhere in Nigeria unless you want us to believe there are poor people only in the north.
Why don't you allow Buhari defend his manifesto? Ok, I forgot, he's too dumb to analyse his own manifesto, talkless of defending it.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by balladin: 7:10am On Jan 02, 2015
legendidris:
I don't know when we will stop being sentimental and be realistic in our comments.
We all know the problem of this country which
I surely believe every individual is wishing a better Nigeria for all of us. Let's be sincere is Nigeria not among the richest country in the world? Still 75% of her citizen are suffering atleast if government can level some distance between the rich and the poor then what's N5,000 that government can't afford to 60% of its citizen in a month! Let's vote in Buhari and see the next step I believe in him
And who told you Nigeria is among the richest countries in the world? Some people just believe that Nigeria's wealth is limitless.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Tolexander: 7:41am On Jan 02, 2015
KLand:

The answer is very obvious!
very obvious you are a learner here!
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Tolexander: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2015
Abraham2013:

Hope u will also say dis to d "sai buhari" group.
sure! If they decide spamming every thread with 'sai buhari' without posting something reasonable.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by KLand(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2015
Tolexander:
very obvious you are a learner here!

In your mind!
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by lioncoolst(m): 8:33am On Jan 02, 2015
Tolexander:
when will u start posting reasonable comments and stop spamming every thread with this sh1t!
You cannot give what you do not have. smiley
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by hopilo: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2015
he says he will “Generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis whilst simultaneously ensuring the development of sustainable/renewable energy, by 2019.

The ambiguity of APC and Buhari change slogan has been a concern to me. My one vote and that of my wife need and explicit road map to this change from APC and Buhari for us to cast our vote. On electricity, I want Buhari to tell me the total number of power in megawatts that Nigeria need to have constant 24/7 power in every home in Nigeria. I want him in all honesty to tell me that number of years that will take him to build the plants that will generate this amount of electricity. After generation, I want him to tell me the number of communities that are not connected to the national grid and the number of years it will take him to link the entire country including sambisa forest area to the national grid. I want him to also tell me the total number of transformers needed to ensure electricity is distributed to every household from Otueke in Bayelsa to Chibok in Borno and from Zamfara to Oshodi in Lagos. He should tell me how long it will take him to get transformers to all the communities across the entire landscape of Nigeria for effective distribution of electricity. Finally on achieving this set goals within the timeline he will provide, I want him to tell me what I will pay for the electricity I will consume as I enjoy 24/7 hours power supply. I need this answers to take my stand on 2015, not war of words between him and anybody.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by kingeze88(m): 9:05am On Jan 02, 2015
The old grandpa called Buhari should go and take care of his grand children. Change is. When the young ones are allowed to run the government while the old retire to their homes. GEG till 2019
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by jpphilips(m): 9:14am On Jan 02, 2015
Ya I understand you PDP guys, since the clueless one is still looking for clues to tackle corruption and Boko Haram, he has gone to look for clues in Buhari's manifesto, of course he was disappointed.
You want the General to outline his strategies for Mr clueless to steal abi?
So that he will score cheap political points abi? You are truly clueless.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Dyoungstar: 11:05am On Jan 02, 2015
michaelbiz:

And you expect Buhari to tell you here on Nairaland

Sometimes, people just want to talk without facing the facts.
OP, CAN YOU BEAT YOUR CHEST AND SAY FOR SURE THAT BUHARI WROTE THIS EXACT THINGS YOU WROTE HERE ON NAIRALAND? undecided

Do you know What a manifesto is at all?
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by jason123: 12:08pm On Jan 02, 2015
iconize:

Old man, where have you been? undecided

I have been okay jare. I pity these APC people. I used to support them but tehir lies and propaganda is so annoying...and NO! A 70+ year old man CANNOT rule my generation. I HAVE MY VOTER'S CARD! wink

The hypocrite wants to stop corruption but he is surrounded by Atiku (16 Billion Dollars halliburton scandal) and Tinubu (the number ONE thief in Lagos state. Alphabeta, 2 billion Naira every month)
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Eluwilussit(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
babadee1:

So are you saying Nigerians should fold their arms and do nothing while the treasury is being bled dry, incompetence is being celebrated and terrorists are taking over sections of the country? To do nothing at this time is an endorsement of failure. No country can ever achieve true progress until the people demonstrate to those in power that they have the ability to remove them when they fail to perform. Only then will leaders begin to sit up and give us their best.
You think this election is about Buhari but you're wrong, it's about Jonathan. Is Buhari change? No. But is he change from Jonathan? Yes. That is all that matters for now. If he gets there and he starts to mess up then we will remove him too. That is how a democracy is supposed to work.

I agree with you about change. I even agree with you about GMB being a form of change. My only regret here is that it doesn't have to be a 72 year old retired former coupist. If APC had given us some other credible and younger man, someone in the mode of Fashola, believe me, they will get my vote. I can't support someone who once overthrew an elected govt.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by babadee1(m): 4:31pm On Jan 02, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I agree with you about change. I even agree with you about GMB being a form of change. My only regret here is that it doesn't have to be a 72 year old retired former coupist. If APC had given us some other credible and younger man, someone in the mode of Fashola, believe me, they will get my vote. I can't support someone who once overthrew an elected govt.

Fair enough. I don't know if you're old enough to recall the events leading up to and immediately after that coup. I remember it and believe me the vast majority of Nigerians across the country were in support. The stench of corruption and ineptitude were at levels never seen before until maybe this current government. I've never been an advocate of military intervention in government but every country's civic mentality evolves over time. I don't think one should judge the events of those days based only on the mentality of today.
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 02, 2015
balladin:

And who told you Nigeria is among the richest countries in the world? Some people just believe that Nigeria's wealth is limitless.

Don't mind the guy

He thinks our national wealth is limitless

hopilo:
he says he will “Generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis whilst simultaneously ensuring the development of sustainable/renewable energy, by 2019.
The ambiguity of APC and Buhari change slogan has been a concern to me. My one vote and that of my wife need and explicit road map to this change from APC and Buhari for us to cast our vote. On electricity, I want Buhari to tell me the total number of power in megawatts that Nigeria need to have constant 24/7 power in every home in Nigeria. I want him in all honesty to tell me that number of years that will take him to build the plants that will generate this amount of electricity. After generation, I want him to tell me the number of communities that are not connected to the national grid and the number of years it will take him to link the entire country including sambisa forest area to the national grid. I want him to also tell me the total number of transformers needed to ensure electricity is distributed to every household from Otueke in Bayelsa to Chibok in Borno and from Zamfara to Oshodi in Lagos. He should tell me how long it will take him to get transformers to all the communities across the entire landscape of Nigeria for effective distribution of electricity. Finally on achieving this set goals within the timeline he will provide, I want him to tell me what I will pay for the electricity I will consume as I enjoy 24/7 hours power supply. I need this answers to take my stand on 2015, not war of words between him and anybody.

God bless you

Even his die hard fans have failed to provide answers to help him lay down a good economic plan
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
Williamso:

Lol... Let me rephrase your question:
If you had a domestic staff (house help), and someone comes to your house claiming that he/she is capable of doing a better job and says "I will wash your car regularly and make sure your car is never dirty", meanwhile your current staff knows that there isn't always water where you stay. Would you say the one coming to meet you for a job is inept or is it excusable? Please give your honest answer... Thanks.
The incoming staff is neither inept nor excusable.... since the incoming staff doesn't know that there isn't water
And if it's excusable....the incoming staff will, in details explain to me how he'll go about it....and if it pleases me...then he takes the chance...
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by tola9ja: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2015
1, Politician of the year--- Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
2, political sportsman of the year--- Atiku Abubakar.
3, Man of the year--- Gen. Muh'd Buhari.
4, Woman of the year--- Mrs Adadevoh.
5, Hashtag of the year ‪#‎Bringbackourgirls‬.
6, Football Player of the year--- CR7.
7, Mumu of the Year-- Labaran Maku.
8, Tout of the year--- Asari Dokubo.
9, Eye service of the Year--shutting down of NASS Assembly on
IGP's order.
10, campaign of the year -Free Aljazeera staff.
11, Book of the year-
ObJ's "My Watch".
12, Disgrace of the year - BH's control of parts of 9ja.
13, Moment of the year- -9ja' failure to qualify 4 Nations Cup.
14, Gaffe of the year---"stealing is not corruption"- GEJ.
15,Governor of the year-- Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola.
16, Quote of the year---"I have no $ or € to give u, but even if I
do, I wouldn't give you... All I can give you is my all.."-GMB.
17. Legeng of the year - Rotimi Amaechi
18. Bastard of the year -- Doyin Okupe
19. Comedian of the Year - Patience Jonathan ( Principal, Na
only you waka come? Diaris God o)
20. Blasphemy of the Year - Doyin Okupe & Wike (Jonathan is
Nigeria jesus)
DO YOU THINK THEY ALL DESERVE THE AWARDS?
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Williamso(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
foxxynik:

The incoming staff is neither inept nor excusable.... since the incoming staff doesn't know that there isn't water
Exactly my point. So why do y'all go about bashing GMB for his ignorance in government matters??

And if it's excusable....the incoming staff will, in details explain to me how he'll go about it....and if it pleases me...then he takes the chance...
The bolded goes ahead to contradict your first paragraph undecided
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
Williamso:

Exactly my point. So why do y'all go about bashing GMB for his ignorance in government matters??
Lol...you're very funny....
So you'll rather allow somebody who is ignorant of government matters to rule you?
That's to say....most Nigerian youths are better off than Buhari is in government matters... And they deserve a chance of becoming a better president than Buhari...since he's ignorant of government matters...
We don't want somebody who is ignorant on how to run a democratic government to rule us...we need an eligible pundit not a mafian.....
Re: The Trouble With The Buhari Manifesto BY ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN by Williamso(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
foxxynik:

Lol...you're very funny....
So you'll rather allow somebody who is ignorant of government matters to rule you?
That's to say....most Nigerian youths are better off than Buhari is in government matters... And they deserve a chance of becoming a better president than Buhari...since he's ignorant of government matters...
We don't want somebody who is ignorant on how to run a democratic government to rule us...we need an eligible pundit not a mafian.....

Hahahahaha!!! Tell me how many youths can tell you in detail how to stop boko haram. Going by your analogy, presidents should lead for life since they're in the govt and know a lot about it.

You and I are even more ignorant than buhari is on govt matters; to think otherwise would be foolery.

Even GEJ was ignorant as a Vice President that is why he went on air claiming he will singlehandedly bring about stable supply of power. He's the president now, he knows a lot of things (that we and buhari don't know) hindering the power sector. He can't come out and openly say such baseless propositions again.

BTW, I am nonpartisan and yet to be convinced by either of the two candidates. I just believe the OP wasn't fair to buhari.

We need a leader and not a ruler.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IPOB Member Who Was Beaten During Protest In Bayelsa Dies In Hospital / IG’s Transmission Video; ‘No Manhunt For Any Journalist’ – Kano Police / Nigerians Replied Senator Dino Melaye After Announcing His Arrest On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.