Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School (808 Views)

What Every Nigerian Medical Student Must Experience In Medical School. / Six Types Of Students You Will Meet In Medical School. / 5 Questions Every Student Should Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School by Josh1000: 12:42am On Jan 02, 2015
Many people want to come to medical school! Yeah they want to wear white "robes" but it entails a lot. You should know what it takes. If your answers to these questions is No! You should change your perspective if you are bent on coming or discover where you should really belong

1. Am I scared of challenges?
Challenges are encountered regularly, during dissection you may not find structures, you might find understanding stressful but as a medical student you should think outside the box and create solutions
you are being trained to Solve Problems

2. Am I good at paying attention to details?
In medicine little details count, If you don't pay attention you might find it hard really
you should pay attention to details while reading and studying

3. Am I good at working with other people?
Lone Rangers you need to change your style
You should read together because no one can know all. Treating your patients at times requires the professional help of your colleagues

4. Am I Ready to Study well?
I mean study well not hard. You must develop your own method to be the very best in whatever you do
by studying well. You need to pass your Exams before moving on and that requires Hard work

5.Am I ready to be Patient and Respectful?
In Medical school if you are rude to your teachers you are breaking your back. You must listen and take to correction. You don't disrespect people who have Academic Authority over you. They will help respectful students . They are stern so you can be good doctors

The choice is yours! Come for Fulfilment not Money. It follows after

Written by JIT
Student of Dentistry and Dental Surgery
College of Medicine UNILAG

1 Like

Re: 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School by jreyez(m): 1:01am On Jan 02, 2015
Cool
Re: 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School by Olarewajub: 1:30am On Jan 02, 2015
Interesting observations.
Re: 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School by Josh1000: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2015
Yeah
Re: 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School by yorex2011: 11:01am On Jan 02, 2015
Spot on
Re: 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Coming To Medical School by Profcamsey(m): 11:55am On Jan 02, 2015
Okay. I will change my hurry hurry style

(1) (Reply)

Geology Of Ebonyi State, Nigeria / Advice To Undergraduates And Aspirants...get Things Going, Don't Waste Your Time / Perception Of Men (25-65 Years) Towards Childlessness (infertility)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.