Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (56270 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 03, 2015
akaahs:
Clueless president wit old mentality. Mr president we need electric train not locomotive train. GMB 2015

Ingrate like you, always looking for fault. Can't you be grateful for once. Haba!!

2 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by uzolexis(f): 8:13am On Jan 03, 2015
agabaI23:
Long distance trains do have cushions mostly and even short ones.

Thanks,pls educate d pple who always want to find fault in anything Nigerian.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Aitee1: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2015
agabaI23:
Abadia?

Now this is what I call cheating angry

Tell me what's abadie in ur dialect b4 I answer tongue

A beauriful morning to you!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by valdetino(m): 9:36am On Jan 03, 2015
Pls can some 1 answer my questions.

How much is the Ticket?
How many hours from Enugu to Port Harcourt?
Where is the Terminal located in Enugu and PHC?
Can the Train Ply from Enugu to Lagos?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 03, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Trash!

You are nothing but a troll on a WUM mission.
Go and clean up kid.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Oh! Please! Op only snapped n uploaded the first class section of the train. I've been on those trains times without number. The second class section is simply nothing to write home about.

From overcrowding of passengers, excessive on-board luggage charges, no respect for second class passengers, e.t.c are part of issues affecting this "great achievement" of Jonathan.

Smh!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2015
Normality:

You are nothing but a troll on a WUM mission.
Go and clean up kid.
GEJ is a monumental failure! Any attempt to defend these glaring failures consists an embarrassment to such person
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by COMPAQ(m): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2015
cjrane:
I just feel uncomfortable with the cushion chairs in our train. Even though they are great now, i wonder how long they will last.

If you noticed, trains abroad have plastic seats, so that they can be easily cleaned out, even if someone vomits on it.

Anyhow, i thank our working President GEJ for providing Nigerians a functional train. Something the others simply failed to do.

You have a point, but I've also ridden trains abroad with fabric seats similar to what you have on aircrafts. Most of these plastic ones you've shown are for intra city, which won't be very comfortable for longer inter city trips.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by COMPAQ(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2015
Based on the ph train pictures I've seen and the you tube video of the ikea train, the interior of these trains is comparable to what you see abroad.

However, the issue now is for how long with all this last? If it stays in the hands of the govt, I can guarantee that by 2017,they will all be non functional. Partly because of incompetent management and partly because I doubt N650 is sufficient to provide the cash flows required for this "business" to sustain itself ie pay salaries, maintain the fleet, and upgrade when necessary.

My solution is therfore to privatise the rail system, whereby private people can operate their own trains, while the track remains with the government (similar to airports).

While many Nigerians will shout at this because it will mean the N65p will have to increase, trust me it's better for this rail to work and for people to have the option to use it when required than for it to fall to pieces again in a few years. As we all know the federal government (or any govt in Nigeria) cannot manage jack properly!!

Any takers?

2 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2015
COMPAQ:
Based on the ph train pictures I've seen and the you tube video of the ikea train, the interior of these trains is comparable to what you see abroad.

However, the issue now is for how long with all this last? If it stays in the hands of the govt, I can guarantee that by 2017,they will all be non functional. Partly because of incompetent management and partly because I doubt N650 is sufficient to provide the cash flows required for this "business" to sustain itself ie pay salaries, maintain the fleet, and upgrade when necessary.

My solution is therfore to privatise the rail system, whereby private people can operate their own trains, while the track remains with the government (similar to airports).

While many Nigerians will shout at this because it will mean the N65p will have to increase, trust me it's better for this rail to work and for people to have the option to use it when required than for it to fall to pieces again in a few years. As we all know the federal government (or any govt in Nigeria) cannot manage jack properly!!

Any takers?
Bros you've not been keeping up with the news. The bill to privatise rails, inland ports, roads and airports is already being read by the Senate and should pass sometime this year. A certain Aliko Dangote has already hinted at his interest in buying into the privatised rail system.

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201412180436.html/

Some of you don't understand why we support President Jonathan - this guy knows what he is doing!

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by tonychristopher: 11:42am On Jan 03, 2015
COMPAQ:

Any takers?

Your right

They said plastic chair ..I am dazed on the level of pull him down the black man posses ..no body can be bad in totality even Adolf Hitler as bad as he was gave the world some engineering feet

Ok let's assume that the Jonathan is bad but let us give him some credit

The train should be privatized ..65o is paltry for such a distance

The train is comparable to what is obtained abroad

So don't hate good thing

We need to start somewhere and somewhat

3 Likes

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by agabaI23(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
rickkid:

Brother, I am sorry for coming across that way but I feel personally disturbed that aat this crucial stage in our development, there are so many ignorant and under-productive people wasting space and air, parading themselves as "Nigerians".
We are now on the cusp of becoming this century's China. We are literally one 1000km standard gauge international railway line and a further 10,000MW of power away from seeing our economic growth rate hit double figures. That railway line is CURRENTLY under construction in stages if you're familiar with the national rail plan and will link Accra to Katsina when complete. The additional 10GW of power is not more than 6 years away as well if you've been keeping up with developments since the privatisation.
Nigeria is about to become a HUGE global player and Africa's premier and undisputed power house and the people inhabiting this country simply don't seem to know! They have no idea!!!!
Brother, how do you want me to respond when a Nigerian is watching the rail system come back to life under his nose and is busy asking "Is it locomotive or electrical?" What do you say to such cluelessness?!
Nigeria needs productive, informed people right now! Nigeria does not need ignorant people to drag it back now! Not now!
Kai megida
You are such a good guy.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by zalatan(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
APC AT HATERS,..,.,. Dem go soon Waka pass,.., level go change at transformation naija
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by drstone1: 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sealeddeal:
this is lovely. We are moving ahead.
Thats why i said that electing Buhari on Feb will be a set back to GEJ's achievements and plans.
Sai GEJ!

#KaiBuhari!!!!!SaiGOODLUCK!!!!!

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
akaahs:
Clueless president wit old mentality. Mr president we need electric train not locomotive train. GMB 2015

Yeye. And GMB will give you electric train abi? I doubt if you'll get any train at all
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by seangy4konji: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
You quoted me so you invited this insult. Your brain might be backward but mine ain't. If it's in your own thinking faculty that you have to render a service to renovate every now a then then I can assume you are just a charge and bail bottom licking gay. U asking me whose fault is it for putting a cotton chair on a commercial train in a country as backwards in Nigeria where there is plastic and washable water resistance material means you are a shoeless man also. I won't blame you but your vote won't count when the change comes and I pray you see it in good health and wealth. So a myself.

I held back cos it's a new year but plz don't quote me again if you forgot your brain in the loo last time you went there.

Shalom.
BajuShop:

And who's fault will that be? That of you, the same Nigerians who will be sitting on it. Nigerians have been clamouring and crying for change day and night. My question to you is: Have you changed yourselves?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by StoneColdBiceps(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
londoner:

Does the Nigerian city or town seem to you as if it can handle the look of a jet looking train?

With people carting their "Ghana must go" full of wears and stockfish between towns?

Please, a bullet train will only make the Nigerian environment look worse in comparison.

Ok, we will get there
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Junipero: 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
Gaddemmitt!!!! See Lactation Machinery oo... 4th pic
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
wheredemdey:

Rome was not built in a day..development is a gradual process

Recall when gsm first came into nigeria..it was just some parts of lagos,abuja and ph that has erratic connectivity..it took 6yrs for the telecommunication companies to penetrate the entire nooks and crannies of nigeria...

Its 2015..purge yourselves of hate,bickering and mudslinging... wink wink

Wow! Excellent! Your comment
/response is awesomely sound and really excellent! You just exhibited mature and intellectual reasoning, far better than all the crap that some morons are always pouring out on N/L. I always love commending good things. Kudos my guy!

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by DONOCSO(m): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
up naija
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by balladin: 3:25am On Jan 04, 2015
akaahs:
A man in on the verge of transforming a dead railway sector and you're here asking for electric train. You need to have your head checked.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2015
Pls where do I board the train? I mean the terminal station in Enugu n PH?
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by davide470(m): 11:36am On Jan 04, 2015
Lisaflex:
Can't wait 2 use d train kiss....4get,GEJ tried considering d forces he has had 2 work against... He deserves a 2nd chance
A 2nd Chance because he worked against forces for a TRAIN! Aint that just wonderful!
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Lisaflex(f): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2015
davide470:
A 2nd Chance because he worked against forces for a TRAIN! Aint that just wonderful!
very wonderful o! Der r others who had fns easy n still didn't do 1 laudable tn I cn fnk of
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by davide470(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2015
Lisaflex:

very wonderful o! Der r others who had fns easy n still didn't do 1 laudable tn I cn fnk of
Lol. Kindly cite an example.
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Lisaflex(f): 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2015
davide470:
Lol. Kindly cite an example.
Guess
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by davide470(m): 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lisaflex:

Guess
No idea. You tell me
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Lisaflex(f): 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2015
davide470:
No idea. You tell me
Ur "kunu drinking" friend (Buhari) grin
Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by davide470(m): 12:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lisaflex:

Ur "kunu drinking" friend (Buhari) grin
Lol. He's not my friend but at least he has more stories behind his name than your "fish smoking" friend.

1 Like

Re: New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) by Lisaflex(f): 12:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
davide470:
Lol. He's not my friend but at least he has more stories behind his name than your "fish smoking" friend.
Lmao! u tk style get bad mouth o...Doesn't it bother u if 99.9% of those stories r negative?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Moment Tourists Woke Up To 3 Lions Licking Water Off Their Tent In Botswana (vid / The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) / See Imo First Flyover Beautifully, Magnificently And Tastefully Completed (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.