Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (262460 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by purest21(m): 9:43am On Apr 22, 2015
smartxeeno:
THE FORM WILL BE OUT FIRST WEEK OF MAY
if the form come out and people get shortlisted, screened and successful, when is the training likely to start. I'm serving now (nysc). I want to if I would have passed out by then.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by isidollarboy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
please everyone, in terms of the referees, i only have 1, which is my LGA chairman. will only one be accepted and also which form will i give him to sign or should i just tell him to issue me a letter of recommendation. please i need reply as soon as possible to enable me start preparing my docs because no time. thanks
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
My people.. I still dey watch una for 3D oh.. How una dey?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DSpokesMan(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
isidollarboy:
please everyone, in terms of the referees, i only have 1, which is my LGA chairman. will only one be accepted and also which form will i give him to sign or should i just tell him to issue me a letter of recommendation. please i need reply as soon as possible to enable me start preparing my docs because no time. thanks
. My Oga, I can imagine you are so enthusiastic about getting enlisted in the Armed Forces. But, take it easy sir. One step at a time. You'ld definitely need TWO referees. When the form is out, you'd know the required page(s) to print out for your Referees to sign. Remember, the race is not for the swift, its the Lord that shows mercy. Victory is from God alone.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by oyinnene: 10:24am On Apr 24, 2015
Gud to b here. Pls r u people sure d form will b out by may? Poundsmaker, General Oluseye, Mimzzy n odas I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by poundsmaker(m): 10:56am On Apr 24, 2015
oyinnene:
Gud to b here. Pls r u people sure d form will b out by may? Poundsmaker, General Oluseye, Mimzzy n odas I hail o.
We hail you too. To be candid, the speculation on the comencement of form for sale is based on the previous enlistment exercise. Though, we are very positive about May but the Nigerian Army Military Secretary has the final say.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mimzy007(f): 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
Oyinnene we hail. Lets stay positive!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Let the count down begin. So many speculations but i know it ll come out before passing out parade of dssc guys in June ending
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by useebobo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
can't wait for d form ooooooo........ abeg make e commot oooo
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by linocol0075: 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Pls, Let the form not come out till July when I will be eligible. With due respect to those anxious for the form.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by jameslord(m): 9:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
....just waiting..... shocked
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 01, 2015
Following...
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by clinton21: 12:00am On May 02, 2015
When is the Army. DSSC form. Will be out
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 02, 2015
if I no buy dx form when it finally comes out make one of those two things happen even though am still serving to pass out by July 5th afterall nysc certificate is needed during interview or am I wrong? someone should clear me.

Plx fellow serious aspirants I need a comprehensive clarification on these questions as I have googled most but aren't satisfied with the answers, I need the answer from either an officer or someone who is well grounded in the system. ok here it comes,

When I finished my secondary school, I bought nda form den but was discouraged by my mum not to write the exams, though an action I regret now but have moved on.
I am now through with school and serving now to pass out by July 5th, I studied electrical engineering.
I know that as my course of study is a professional one that am eligible for the dssc option that is if they advertise for the position, but somehow I heard that going through ssc option will avail you with the option of advancing in the military as someone who passed through nda, Plx how realistic is that?
still on the matter, can someone explain to me all about the differences between someone who passed tru nda, ssc and dssc, how they are promoted, infact any slightest info about them Plx cos seriously I want to be a full combatant soldier that has all the relevance as someone who passed tru nda and if there are other programmes to convert the person or so Plx? am so enthusiastic about joining the army. I know some of my questions must have been treated elsewhere in nairaland but as you know some aren't completely complete.
Plx I need this info. thanks and God's bless in anticipation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 2:54pm On May 02, 2015
@moving coil. Let the past be the past and move on with ur life. When the form comes out, u can apply for both dssc or ssc. In the case of last year, engineering courses were not advertised and most guys had no option than to apply for ssc. If u really wanna be a combatant like me and u re not scared of going to maiduguri and the likes, then apply for ssc. But it means u may not practice ur profession. God bless

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 2:56pm On May 02, 2015
It would be my utmost pleasure to enlighten u.
In order of mportance, the 4 types of commissioning are:

1. Regular course. these are the nda guys
2. SSC: Short service combatant. for graduates
3. DSSC: Direct Short service course. also for graduates
4. Executive commission for soldiers.

since u are graduate, u would becomw an officer either through SSC or DSSC.

in ssc, u would spend 9months in the depot (nda or chaji) where u would be taught core combatant skills. on passing out, u would be commission as a 2nd Lieutenant (1star) . u would become a full lieutenant in at least 8months time, but it could take up to 2years. once u become a lieutenant, u would add a pip after every 4years only if u pass the promotional exams. As an SSC officer, you are better advantaged than the DSSC guys to get a full military career such as beciming a C.O, GOC and even COAS. but when there is a crisis anywhere, SSC officers would be the first to be deployed that place

They say DSSC is for graduates who read professional courses such as medicine, nursing, engineering, theology etc, but my immediate boss studied geography and he is a DSSC guys.
based on this, i cant say with every authenticity the courses that places one at an advantage to get in through DSSC, but i do know that there is a maximum and minimum age limit. my views are subject to review though

in DSSC, u spend 6months in depot and graduate as a full lieutenant. you get your promotion every 4years without writing any exam. but most of them hardly become a General. they hardly cross the rank of a Colonel except they convert to Direct Regular course.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 2:56pm On May 02, 2015
@oyinene. How do u do? Good to see u here. Na me hail pass
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 3:04pm On May 02, 2015
Generaloluseye:
@moving coil. Let the past be the past and move on with ur life. When the form comes out, u can apply for both dssc or ssc. In the case of last year, engineering courses were not advertised and most guys had no option than to apply for ssc. If u really wanna be a combatant like me and u re not scared of going to maiduguri and the likes, then apply for ssc. But it means u may not practice ur profession. God bless

this year would be my first year of application so i really dont have any experience apart from the information i have gathered from senior officers here in the barracks.

i studied microbiology, did they advertise microbiology last year? and is there a likelihood of it being advertised this year?

i would love to be a DSSC officer, then convert as i progress in the profession because i would love to practice my course. but then, i dont mind becoming a combatant as i have the requisite physique, strength, courage and gallantry.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by BUSHHUNTER: 8:00pm On May 02, 2015
since the insurgency is gradually going to an end then I must say and admit as a prospective candidate that am also in....already decided
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DSpokesMan(m): 8:11pm On May 02, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
since the insurgency is gradually going to an end then I must say and admit as a prospective candidate that am also in....already decided

Sir, with all due respect, your resolve should be more concrete!
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 12:19am On May 03, 2015
odimbannamdi:
It would be my utmost pleasure to enlighten u.
In order of mportance, the 4 types of commissioning are:

1. Regular course. these are the nda guys
2. SSC: Short service combatant. for graduates
3. DSSC: Direct Short service course. also for graduates
4. Executive commission for soldiers.

since u are graduate, u would becomw an officer either through SSC or DSSC.

in ssc, u would spend 9months in the depot (nda or chaji) where u would be taught core combatant skills. on passing out, u would be commission as a 2nd Lieutenant (1star) . u would become a full lieutenant in at least 8months time, but it could take up to 2years. once u become a lieutenant, u would add a pip after every 4years only if u pass the promotional exams. As an SSC officer, you are better advantaged than the DSSC guys to get a full military career such as beciming a C.O, GOC and even COAS. but when there is a crisis anywhere, SSC officers would be the first to be deployed that place

They say DSSC is for graduates who read professional courses such as medicine, nursing, engineering, theology etc, but my immediate boss studied geography and he is a DSSC guys.
based on this, i cant say with every authenticity the courses that places one at an advantage to get in through DSSC, but i do know that there is a maximum and minimum age limit. my views are subject to review though

in DSSC, u spend 6months in depot and graduate as a full lieutenant. you get your promotion every 4years without writing any exam. but most of them hardly become a General. they hardly cross the rank of a Colonel except they convert to Direct Regular course.

am so happy for ur response sir, infact am glad u made me understand. the thing is that I can't imagine myself after learning how to shoot to go and sit in an air conditioned room writing on papers. you said the ssc guys have to pass promotional exams to get promoted? do nda graduates also do same to get promoted and how many years do ssc guys serve in the army before being retired or which age limit do they reach before they are retired? once again, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 8:18am On May 03, 2015
plz letx not let dz thread die plz.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 8:32am On May 03, 2015
i love your enthusiasm brother. i pray we meet in the depot this year as cadets

ofcourse, u would seat in an air conditioned office, abi u no like better thing, but expect it as from the rank of a captain. it all depends on your place of posting though

NDA guys will also write promotional exams.

as an SSC officer, you can reach the peak of the army career.

peace profound

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 8:40am On May 03, 2015
Generaloluseye:
the general!
the general! I hail thee.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 8:44am On May 03, 2015
odimbannamdi:
i love your enthusiasm brother. i pray we meet in the depot this year as cadets

ofcourse, u would seat in an air conditioned office, abi u no like better thing, but expect it as from the rank of a captain. it all depends on your place of posting though

NDA guys will also write promotional exams.

as an SSC officer, you can reach the peak of the army career.

peace profound
brother is like u have someone in the military or u've read at length about dem cum d info u just availed me but seriously u really tried for me. I have a classmate in secondary school who happens to be in military now who doesn't care to reply me wen I send him messages in facebook on how he made it into the army cos him also isn like he went to a regular university.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 8:52am On May 03, 2015
during d interview I heard one of the tests there is to run, how much distance are we to run and in how much time and also which kind of exercises is one suppose to engage in to have stamina and endurance, personally if I train well I have the physique and extremely flexible but I need extra work to get dat endurance not to gas out easily. am a little on d big side (80kg) cos I have been living sedentary life for some time now but am determined even if it is to die during d physical tests, no p.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by isidollarboy(m): 8:56am On May 03, 2015
Movingcoil:
during d interview I heard one of the tests there is to run, how much distance are we to run and in how much time and also which kind of exercises is one suppose to engage in to have stamina and endurance, personally if I train well I have the physique and extremely flexible but I need extra work to get dat endurance not to gas out easily. am a little on d big side (80kg) cos I have been living sedentary life for some time now but am determined even if it is to die during d physical tests, no p.
nice question.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 12:46pm On May 03, 2015
In 2013, microbiology was listed as a dssc course but last year, there was little demand for dssc courses except medicals, law, accountant, pastors and imam. Even engineering was not listed. So u ll ve to apply as an ssc aspirant. And u that said u ll get the form because insurgency is getting reduced or almost over. Hmmm. Do u know what ll happen 2mao. Prepare ur mind for any eventuality. No one joins the military with the assurance that he ll not die. Intact, joining means u ve committed yourself to die. But when you make it to the top, u become an hero.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Generaloluseye: 1:24pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by odimbannamdi(m): 1:52pm On May 03, 2015
@movingcoil

i served and am working currently in Ojo barracks, suffice it to say that i have mingled with senior officers who are willing to share info with aspirants. infact i have 2 friends that are 2nd lieutenants who just passed out from the last concluded courses. one went to NDA while the other is SSC

We will be required to run a distance of 3.2km in 15mins. the race will culminate into an enclosure that, once u make it in within the stipulated time, then u have qualified for the next stage.

am also on the big and muscular side with a weight of 85kg. i run too, but my major problem is endurance, though am seriously working on it now through early morning jogging.

i suggest u do the same because if u dont make the race, no senior officer will be able to influence it. so work on your fitness now.

to add to what generaloluseye said

only God guarantees safety, but as an officer u must be ready to die. stark truth! during the election period, the camo uniform and boots of all the lieutenants and captains were ready for immediate movement. most of them slept very late so they would be ready to go to any troubled area.

i pray God protects and keep us till the time of our retirement

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Dahveydson(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2015
Is a graduate of political science eligible for Dssc?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by BUSHHUNTER: 5:17pm On May 03, 2015
Yes if you have Msc in political science...but u can apply for ssc with Bsc political science

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.