Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants - Jobs/Vacancies (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants (262898 Views)

Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by nwankwochigozie(m): 9:54am On Nov 04, 2016
ietobi:

The physical examination to ascertain whether u re one include the colour of the lip, the colour of the gum, ur body movement, the colour of ur finger nail, colour of ur eye etc
I nid a doc den
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by nnesochim: 3:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
samobaba4u:

The truth is that the last time I make enquiries I was told the list had been forwarded to COAS table for final approval. So cool ur mind. I don't want to be disturbing the informant.
Please i have a question for you,after passing out as SSC candidate from NDA,how long will one wear the rank of 2nd Lt.,secondly based on your knowledge of Nigerian armed forces which commission do you deem better for a graduate...SSC or DSSC, In-terms of future prospect i.e reaching the highest peak.Please i need your input,i saw some guys with courses advertised in DSSC but opted for SSC at NDA some months ago
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
nnesochim:
Please i have a question for you,after passing out as SSC candidate from NDA,how long will one wear the rank of 2nd Lt.,secondly based on your knowledge of Nigerian armed forces which commission do you deem better for a graduate...SSC or DSSC, In-terms of future prospect i.e reaching the highest peak.Please i need your input,i saw some guys with courses advertised in DSSC but opted for SSC at NDA some months ago
4yrs
Ssc or dssc, it depends on ur choice. DSSC is office work (professional) of which u can convert latter if there is vacancy for conversion. SSC is strictly army work. In yr 2014 promotion, many dssc officers were promoted to Brig Gen even major Gen. Those ranks are politics. I hce seen a regular officer that was retired as Col. as in compulsory retirement. Former CDS Air Marshal Paul Dike was a DSSC officer though he's an air force officer. With God it is possible to reach d top echelon in d millitary especially when d political despensation at that moment favoured u. Some DSSC officer just gt there conversion recently at the rank of captain when some wil face COAS promotion board in couple of days. I mean from Brig Gen to Maj. Gen. Good luck to everyone. Hope u guys are getting ready?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by coolaustyne(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
samobaba4u:

4yrs
Ssc or dssc, it depends on ur choice. DSSC is office work (professional) of which u can convert latter if there is vacancy for conversion. SSC is strictly army work. In yr 2014 promotion, many dssc officers were promoted to Brig Gen even major Gen. Those ranks are politics. I hce seen a regular officer that was retired as Col. as in compulsory retirement. Former CDS Air Marshal Paul Dike was a DSSC officer though he's an air force officer. With God it is possible to reach d top echelon in d millitary especially when d political despensation at that moment favoured u. Some DSSC officer just gt there conversion recently at the rank of captain when some wil face COAS promotion board in couple of days. I mean from Brig Gen to Maj. Gen. Good luck to everyone. Hope u guys are getting ready?
Bro, u know so much about the Nigerian Army; I envy u o. Please I have a question for u. what exercises (what does it entail) do the ssc officers undergo for conversion and when are they ripe or due for it after they are commissioned?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by manfarry(m): 5:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
It is 2yrs.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by nnesochim: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
samobaba4u:

4yrs
Thanks for prompt response,what about NDA RC's,do they wear the 2nd Lt. rank for 4years too?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by manfarry(m): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
NDA RC wears 2Lt for Six months while SSC is 2yrs.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by DirtyGold: 12:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
Army 2nd Lt (one star) rank is worn for about 18 months only across board. All things being equal

What's tha business?
nnesochim:
Thanks for prompt response,what about NDA RC's,do they wear the 2nd Lt. rank for 4years too?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 6:09am On Nov 08, 2016
As a 2nd Lt, u will carry d rank for 3 good yrs. I mistakenly added d training yr to it that's y I said 4. The best cadet in 2014 POP is still on d rank and he said they will be hanging d second star next yr July but will be backdated to January. He was trained in 2014, he hang 1* 2015, 2016 & will still hang it till July 2017 before he will be promoted. Though d promotion will be backdated to January. So how many yrs?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by nnesochim: 6:59am On Nov 08, 2016
samobaba4u:
As a 2nd Lt, u will carry d rank for 3 good yrs. I mistakenly added d training yr to it that's y I said 4. The best cadet in 2014 POP is still on d rank and he said they will be hanging d second star next yr July but will be backdated to January. He was trained in 2014, he hang 1* 2015, 2016 & will still hang it till July 2017 before he will be promoted. Though d promotion will be backdated to January. So how many yrs?
Ok,thanks. This is one of the areas that that i think anything can be obtained,while at NDA someone asked same question and the officer told him that terms of condition change every year,that some wear 2nd Lt rank for 18 months,some set wear for 2 years,some even more than 2 years while some set may just wear it for 6 months,he said that it depends on the decision of the army council during training/POP.Please is it the same with RCs,because i used to think that theirs is just 6 months
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by obbasiasa(m): 6:42am On Nov 23, 2016
List is out, candidate to report in Jaji 2nd december
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by veginboi(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
justice727:
pls i need nigerian army or airforce dssc past question. i
only have that of navy. so pls lets help our selves. My email is jospak4fido@yahoo.com

Pls xan you share the Nigerian Navy DSSC with me my mail: amekac.fred@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
when is the DSSC form for 2017 coming out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ascentech Services Ltd Consulting and Outsourcing Professional Services Firm. 

Visit us @ www.ascentech.com.ng

We are currently recruiting for various positions for some of our clients for January 2017.

Vacancies

Graduate Sales Executives
Outlet Manager
Account Support Officers
Chartered accountant
Audit Executive
Administrative Assistant
Executive Secretary
Finance Manager
Marketing Executive
Office Assistant
Regional Manager
Outlet Supervisor
IT and Admin Executive
Promoters and Sales Executive
Recruitment consultant
Recruitment Training

Graduates with OND/HND/B.Sc/ MBA and have done their IT/NYSC are strongly encouraged to apply.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ascentech Services Ltd career by registering as a job-seeker and follow the mail that will be sent to your registered email to complete your registration process. And you will shortlisted for suitable position in our client company. Clink on this link for registration. http://ascentech.talentrecruit.in/Account/Login.aspx?RefURI=http://ascentech.talentrecruit.in:80/Recruiter/Search.aspx
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Divinedew: 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
All what we want on this trend are information and angryenlightenment pertaining to nda not ascent something something....

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fieldmarshal1064: 4:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Please when is Nig Army SSC/DSSC form 2017 coming out? Again, is Nig Navy very serious about this second class upper of a thing? What of second class lower?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Divinedew: 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=Fieldmarshal1064 post=53989198]Please when is Nig Army SSC/DSSC form 2017 coming out? Again, is Nig Navy very serious about this second class upper of a thing? What of second class lower?[/quote.

My brother, concerning the Navy academical requirement it is just a way of reducing the numbers of those that will apply. Dssc (army) do comes out in the month of Apri or May.....
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Fieldmarshal1064: 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
That means someone with a 2.2 can still apply in the Nig Navy. Does anyone have an idea about other paramilitary jobs? Thnk u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Aadeoti31(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Aadeoti31(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
How many years of experience is required for various fields of studies before one will be qualified to go FOR DSSC most especially someone who graduated from Islamic and Christian studies Pls.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Aadeoti31(m): 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
08189690118 plz add to the whatsapp grp
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2017
Add me to the Whatsapp group 08169786019
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Riser: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by MrSuama(m): 11:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Aadeoti31:
How many years of experience is required for various fields of studies before one will be qualified to go FOR DSSC most especially someone who graduated from Islamic and Christian studies Pls.

Years of experience is an added advantage but not a prerequisite for chaplain and imams.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by mozele(m): 12:07am On Jan 11, 2018
poundsmaker:
The final list of Nigerian army dssc & ssc has been released quite sometime but they will resume training on Monday, 5th January, 2015. So the new aspirant for the next Army dssc & Ssc 24, 2015 should meet here and share ideas, knowledge and experiences. Also to update ourselves on the release of new form for sales.

hi. please how can i apply for army short service course (ssc)?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by charlesu49(m): 1:57am On Feb 10, 2018
samobaba4u:

4yrs
Sir, I'm thinking of applying this year but I don't have a first school leaving certificate as I finished from primary 5 however I have a testimonial from the school, will only the testimonial be OK? Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by samobaba4u(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
charlesu49:

Sir, I'm thinking of applying this year but I don't have a first school leaving certificate as I finished from primary 5 however I have a testimonial from the school, will only the testimonial be OK? Thank you.
with Testimonial, you are good to go. just perfect everything
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by Mekailo(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2018
House i salute una! is letter of Attestation from our institutions still required during signup?
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by lilchris04: 6:05pm On Mar 27, 2018
Evening guys! This is very good. Keep up the good work. I want to make enquiries about the DSSC entry into the Nigerian military, particularly, the NAF.
1. As a medical graduate, at what level of one's career is it advisable to enlist for this course in order to enter?
2. Well, how long will the course run for after one is enlisted?
3. Are the doctors required to participate in the war/killing sessions? grin Alright actually, I mean will they be actively involved in the hot mission zones against terrorist?
4. What is the pay for air force doctors (or Nigerian military doctors in general) in comparison with the pay for the average civilian doctor in Nigeria? (Figures may not necessarily be stated).
5. Also, is there a stipulated compulsory time of service for them in the force?
6. Lastly, perhaps for now, if the level of entry for a doctor is after NYSC (i.e. house officer), is it possible for such a person to further their PG residency training while serving as a military personnel in the NAF?

I hope these questions are answered please. I'll be more than grateful.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by oghenemoney(m): 11:44am On Mar 28, 2018
Pls any news on Nigeria Army ssc ds year?
Pls if deres any whatsapp group 4 ssc, plz add me zero eight zero two four seven six six nine zero three.
Re: Nigerian Army Dssc & Ssc 2015 Aspirants by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2018
lilchris04:
Evening guys! This is very good. Keep up the good work. I want to make enquiries about the DSSC entry into the Nigerian military, particularly, the NAF.
1. As a medical graduate, at what level of one's career is it advisable to enlist for this course in order to enter?
2. Well, how long will the course run for after one is enlisted?
3. Are the doctors required to participate in the war/killing sessions? grin Alright actually, I mean will they be actively involved in the hot mission zones against terrorist?
4. What is the pay for air force doctors (or Nigerian military doctors in general) in comparison with the pay for the average civilian doctor in Nigeria? (Figures may not necessarily be stated).
5. Also, is there a stipulated compulsory time of service for them in the force?
6. Lastly, perhaps for now, if the level of entry for a doctor is after NYSC (i.e. house officer), is it possible for such a person to further their PG residency training while serving as a military personnel in the NAF?

I hope these questions are answered please. I'll be more than grateful.

Answers to Questions

1) It's most advisable to apply as a Consultant because you'll start from the rank of a Major. But if you're not in residency program yet apply as a medical officer and they can send you for residency after spending some years working
2)DSSC is not a course. It's a job. You go to NDA for training for 6 months before you're enlisted as a Soldier

3)Its possible it all depends. You can also be in military hospitals. At battle field you'll be at the rear and not front line. So relax you have a lesser chance of being a casualty. The military cherishes her doctors because if the doctor dies then more soldiers will die
4)The pay for a military doctor is more than a civilian doctor because they pay you as a Soldier first (the same amount they pay every soldier on your rank) and then add some incentives as a doctor(some people say the money is in dollars). In total the money exceeds a civilian doctor far far wella. Ná big money

5)DSSC AND SSC is supposed to be for a period of 10 years. But if you choose to remain and there is available space you can convert to DRC and work for the normal 35 years of service

6)Point of correction. A post-Nysc doctor is a Medical Officer and not an House - officer. Housemanship is done before service
Check my 1) answer for the answer to your 6) question

Thanks
Yours faithfully
GeneralFeezy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG Limited Announces 2022 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Seplat Graduate Scheme 2018 / Updated-New Job Vacancies 2.0 '18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.