Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? (4533 Views)

Alleged Certificate Forgery, Perjury: Kaduna Forum Wants Shehu Sani Suspended / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / Activists Sue Buhari Over Perjury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 6:56am On Jan 03, 2015
[size=15pt]Perjury[/size] also known as forswearing, is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or of falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth, whether spoken or in writing, concerning matters material to an official proceeding.

I think Buhari should be made an example, too many times you see illiterates vying for the position of senators, governors etc. Nigeria's backward because we allow the vocal illiterates to rule over us without any problem. If Buhari is confirmed an illiterate, it is an afront on us all that managed to go to university and what example would we be sending if we allow illiterates to run the affairs of this country?

Arrest Buhari now for perjury.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by uokocha70(m): 6:59am On Jan 03, 2015
Charge him nah. Why waste time writing on Nairaland?

7 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by minister2015: 7:01am On Jan 03, 2015
mumu

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by bondingman: 7:01am On Jan 03, 2015
He'll be charged for sure, its one step at a time! But I know PDP will reach an agreement with him, which is never to contest elections again or go to jail for perjury!

9 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:02am On Jan 03, 2015
uokocha70:
Charge him nah. Why waste time writing on Nairaland?

It is a crime, my friend go and ask any lawyer.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by SeverusSnape(m): 7:04am On Jan 03, 2015
Please don't charge him o...we don't those cows in the north to go on rampage, It is not the first time an "iilliterate" is vying for a public office, It happens a lot in Nigeria; in This country, anything goes. Pathetic!!

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:06am On Jan 03, 2015
Why I Did Not Submit My Certificates To INEC – Buhari

George Agba
— Dec 30, 2014 | 154 Comments

A former head of state and the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 general elections, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has explained why he did not submit his certificates and credentials to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), saying that the documents are with the military.

Even his masters degree in USA is false, something have to be done.

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari lied in his INEC form and in front of a federal judge.

Perjury is the least of his worries as he has shown to the general public that he is a two faced liar.

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Emperor007: 7:09am On Jan 03, 2015
Yes, he should be charged for others to learn

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jan 03, 2015
In any sane clime, any credible individual would have simply withdrawn from the race and his/her party would have quickly dissociated themselves from him.

6 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 03, 2015
minister2015:
mumu

Buhari brought this upon himself. It was Buhari that went to a federal court to declare an affidavit that prompted all this enquiry into his claims. It is not the PDP, GEJ or FG that is haunting him but his checkered past as usual.

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by uokocha70(m): 7:13am On Jan 03, 2015
sleekp1:

That is the more reason I am asking you to charge him.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by aresa: 7:13am On Jan 03, 2015
sleekp1:

He did not say it's not a crime, he said charge him instead of running your mouth on NL..

4 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:14am On Jan 03, 2015
Jega should show some balls and prosecute or recommend Buhari's prosecution, he should be used as an example.

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:15am On Jan 03, 2015
aresa:

He did not say it's not a crime, he said charge him instead of running your mouth on NL..

Its not my duty to charge him, its the duty of Jega, is it not?

3 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by aresa: 7:17am On Jan 03, 2015
PvtParts:
In any sane clime, any credible individual would have simply withdrawn from the race and his/her party would have quickly dissociated themselves from him.

In sane clime, you first have to prove people wrong or guilty before anything and so far, the Nigerian military is yet to dispute his claim.

Stop confusing same clime with Banana republic Nigerian where people like you make baseless, warped and ignorant assertions..

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:18am On Jan 03, 2015
uokocha70:

That is the more reason I am asking you to charge him.

So had I asked the question "should Lagos armed robbers be charged" you would expect me to charge the robbers also?

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:20am On Jan 03, 2015
aresa:

In sane clime, you first have to prove people wrong or guilty before anything and so far, the Nigerian military is yet to dispute his claim.

Stop confusing same clime with Banana republic Nigerian where people like you make baseless, warped and ignorant assertions..

To stop all this brouhaha would it not be easier for Buhari to provide copies of his certificates and end the brouhaha?

5 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by omenka(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2015
Has the military come out to deny they are in possession of the General's certs?? The way I see this, PDP is even being led into a ditch. In the very end, the documents will be presented to the glory of the opposition and shame of the president and enemies of Nigeria.

Shebi we've seen Sambo's documents? Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by uokocha70(m): 7:23am On Jan 03, 2015
sleekp1:

So had I asked the question "should Lagos armed robbers be charged" you would expect me to charge the robbers also?

Emmmm, No. I have no interest in Lagos armed robbers.
Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by aresa: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2015
sleekp1:

Its not my duty to charge him, its the duty of Jega, is it not?

Your only duty on NL is to spew ignorance.

1. INEC doesn't have the power to do anything and they've asserted that already. Educate yourself and keep up with current affairs to keep from sounding ignorant on the internet.

2.To charge him, you first have to prove him wrong and so far, the Nigerian military is yet to deny his claim so exactly what crime was committed?

I still wonder if you people are really clueless and shallow or you just pretend to be..

4 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2015
aresa:

You submit original certificates to the military on point of seeking admission into NDA. The originals will be verified and later returned back to the successful applicant after documentation is completed. The military does not keep an archive or library of original certificates but copies submitted to them.

Buhari ought to have collected his originals since even before graduating from NDA.

Did he lose the originals? I find it difficult to believe that the Military will still hold on to his original certificates. Let him list the documents he claims are in their custody so that we can verify from the original issuing body.

3 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:24am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Has the military come out to deny they are in possession of the General's certs?? The way I see this, PDP is even being led into a ditch. In the very end, the documents will be presented to the glory of the opposition and shame of the president and enemies of Nigeria.

Shebi we've seen Sambo's documents? Smh.

I don't think you have seen this report where Buhari explain why he can't produce his certs.
Here is the link (http://leadership.ng/news/398545/not-submit-certificates-inec-buhari)

A former head of state and the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 general elections, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has explained why he did not submit his certificates and credentials to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), saying that the documents are with the military.

This came to light yesterday during a visit by journalists to the headquarters of INEC in Abuja where it was revealed that Buhari’s academic qualifications were not on display, unlike those of other presidential candidates including that of his main rival, President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Explaining the development in an affidavit he deposed to before an Abuja High Court, Buhari said that all his certificates were with the Secretary, Military Board. The affidavit was dated November 24, 2014 and was stamped and received by INEC on December 18, 2014.

Buhari had said in the affidavit, “I am the above-named person and deponent to this affidavit therein. All my academic qualifications documents as filled in my presidential form, President APC/001/2015, are currently with the Secretary, Military Board, as of the time of presenting this affidavit. The affidavit is made in good faith and for record purpose. The affidavit is made in good faith and for record purposes.”

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Burger01(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2015
See Haters. Smh.
Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by jamace(m): 7:25am On Jan 03, 2015
YES. False declaration is a CRIME.

Buhari wants to fight corruption but Buhari can not use corrupt way to fight corruption. Telling a lie is corruption.

7 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by aresa: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2015
sleekp1:

To stop all this brouhaha would it not be easier for Buhari to provide copies of his certificates and end the brouhaha?

He has zero obligation to cater to you and your type. All the brouhaha is non of his business, that's something you and the people on your world are preoccupied with.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2015
Burger01:
See Haters. Smh.
Bros asking one of our leaders to show his certificate is now consider hating? haba we can't ask our leaders anything thats why they loot us dry.

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by lekhane(m): 7:28am On Jan 03, 2015
PDP has failed, moreover, anyone can charge him so OP I dare you!
All this talk about certificate angers me a lot, what has your Phd president done for us in the last six years? Please you people should allow us vote who we want abeg

1 Like

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by sleekp1: 7:29am On Jan 03, 2015
aresa:

He has zero obligation to cater to you and your type. All the brouhaha is non of his business, that's something you and the people on your world are preoccupied with.

It seems like you don't mind whether he show his certs or not, but you're educated and still you want illiterate to rule us?
Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:30am On Jan 03, 2015
aresa:

Your only duty on NL is to spew ignorance.

1. INEC doesn't have the power to do anything and they've asserted that already. Educate yourself and keep up with current affairs to keep from sounding ignorant on the internet.

2.To charge him, you first have to prove him wrong and so far, the Nigerian military is yet to deny his claim so exactly what crime was committed?

I still wonder if you people are really clueless and shallow or you just pretend to be..

It is not INEC's duty to disqualify any individual applying to them to seek elective post. INEC's role is to conduct elections. It is up to the general public to take the matter up in a court of law demanding the release of Buhari's certificate and if the court rules that Buhari did commit perjury then another petition alongside a criminal charge can be used to compell INEC, the APC not to field Buhari.

The military board can not be prompted to respond on public discus but can only act if a formal inquiry (using the FOI) or court order mandates them to either reveal if Buhari's certificates are in their possession and if so if the certificates tally with what he claimed at in thir possession.

This is ghen-ghen time...

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 03, 2015
this is not like the first time buhari is contesting for the presidency post in this country. What did he presented to inec in the previous elections? He said his original credentials are with the military board, so what's the fuss all about?

Why are pdp so scared of this man? The military school is equivalent to any higher institution in the country which buhari attended unless they want us to believe other-wise.

2 Likes

Re: Should Buhari Be Charged With Perjury? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari graduated from the National Defence Academy as a full Lietenant which is the equivalent to B.Sc in Nigeria University. This certificate issue is PDP propoganda.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Suspects Arrive Ekwulobia Prison, Anambra / List Of Newly Appointed Commissioners In Enugu State / IPOB Members Humiliated In Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.