Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished (1775 Views)

3 False Idols And Teachings Of Modern Christianity / 8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by lastchild: 7:09am On Jan 03, 2015
1... All sins are equal
This teaching is not bringing me closer to God at all,it gives me the gut to do whatever and make sure I do it extremely since all sins are equal

2... If you lust over an opposite sex you have already committed fornication.
This is absolute nonsense,that means once you lust over an opposite sex you have to make sure you do the real thing since its already been counted as a sin to you

3.... Prayers of a sinner is like abomination in the presence of the lord.
This one didn't allow me pray for many years,what am I praying for when my prayer is like an abomination,by the way who's not a sinner?biblically we all have sinned,that means our prayers are like abomination

4.... If you have bad thought you have committed a sin.
This one is similar to number 2 but a bit different,no human is in full control of his/her mind,you don't choose what you think and what you don't think,it suppose to be like this... If you have a bad thought and didn't act on it,God will bless you,when ever I have a bad thought I wish to accomplish it since it has been counted already

5... You have to use midnight prayers to fight demons.
This is not applicable to every church but the one am in involve in so much believe in it,sleep is a gift from God to mankind,wondering why fellow human will convince others into being awake every night in the name of prayers

Nonsense
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by dkronicle(m): 7:17am On Jan 03, 2015
I dont no about the midnite prayer rumour
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by eistien(m): 7:18am On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmm
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 03, 2015
The light of Lucifer shine upon you. Be free from fear. Approach the light. Step towards freedom.
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by AltarBoy1: 7:22am On Jan 03, 2015
lastchild:
1... All sins are equal
This teaching is not bringing me closer to God at all,it gives me the gut to do whatever and make sure I do it extremely since all sins are equal
According to the Catholic church, there is two types of sins. Mortal and Venial sins. YOu can read more about that to know the difference.

This is absolute nonsense,that means once you lust over an opposite sex you have to make sure you do the real thing since its already been counted as a sin to you
You may see a girl and get aroused, no qualms. But when you start thinking of how it will be like if both of you are found alone and thinking how you are having sex with her, then there is qualms

This one didn't allow me pray for many years,what am I praying for when my prayer is like an abomination,by the way who's not a sinner?biblically we all have sinned,that means our prayers are like abomination
Thats why there is prayer for forgiveness

This one is similar to number 2 but a bit different,no human is in full control of his/her mind,you don't choose what you think and what you don't think,it suppose to be like this... If you have a bad thought and didn't act on it,God will bless you,when ever I have a bad thought I wish to accomplish it since it has been counted already
What kind of bad thought. At times there are thought that come to us as a result of anger, jealousy or some certain things that we can not control. I dont think there is a big deal there. But its when you have the thought and feel/wish you have the power or what it takes to actualize that thought. Then you are in for it. Its a sin.

This is not applicable to every church but the one am in involve in so much believe in it,sleep is a gift from God to mankind,wondering why fellow human will convince others into being awake every night in the name of prayers
Now where did you get this from...?

Nonsense
undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by zyzxx(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2015
God will deliver u... Amen

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by kilokeys(m): 7:27am On Jan 03, 2015
lastchild:
1... All sins are equal

Nonsense

do u get to read the bible at all?. for urself?

ur arguments lacks depth.

if u have been studious u would understand
1. Sin is a Nature
2. Once you accept christ u are no longer termed as a sinner ( u might err)
3. Prayer is a communion with God, A way of life
4. Understanding your authority in Christ ( being far above all principalities and powers)
5. every deed/action begins with a thought. work on ur thoughts and u would avoid ungodly actions

if u r an atheist.. please don't quote me.. if u have any questions. use www.google.com (its a search engine) there would be more qualified pple to teach u with scriptural backings.

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by koolet: 7:30am On Jan 03, 2015
God's kingdom sufferet violence,,,, only violence takes it by force

but if you have holyspirit .......

Thats why you need holyspirit.
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Allureoftheseas(m): 7:39am On Jan 03, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
The light of Lucifer shine upon you. Be free from fear. Approach the light. Step towards freedom.

I have found a brother, we share the same faith, hail the supreme.
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 03, 2015
Whoever that says a prayer of a sinner is abomination before God. Is a blind bat, he/she is so daft, claiming to know but knows nothinf Infact God answers a sinner prayer more than those who claim to be righteous. In many cases in the bible, when the scribe and the pharisee when to the temple to pray, the pharisee boast of his righteousness, said how he pays his tithe daily, gives arms to the poor. The scribe in humbly way said oh God have mercy on me a sinner. Who did God answers? Jesus even said i didn't come for the righteous i came for the lost sheep, the lost sheep here means the sinner. Who was zacheus? But this was a man Jesus dine with. Whoever that says all sins are equal are very stupid, okay will she/he tells me that someone who stole a meat from a pot is likely to share the same punishment with someone who kills? If i want to look on this, i'll proof them all wrong

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by JESUSSAVES2014: 8:07am On Jan 03, 2015
the issue with the op is that he lack the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Dsage1: 8:13am On Jan 03, 2015
@op and others, following Christian doctrine and teaching, no man whose blood is running through his vein is capable of making it to heaven.

The christians has failed to realize that a FREE WILL human is not capable of being perfect.

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by AfricanApple(f): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2015
a lot of bad teachings, u better start reading the Bible
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by nairalife2013(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2015
zyzxx:
God will deliver u... Amen
when people make this kind of statement u made it shows their conviction that they are clean and do not need deliverance themselves. May be am wrong- u do not ask certain foundamental questions or habour some confusion about some of the doctrines of the bible, no matter how little.yur post is a sarcastic, allussion(indirect reference) to a bad pity.
When The old testament was modified, who modified it and why?
Raising phenomenal questions in the christinedom is accepted.
Facilitated by the grace, rated as the most liberal and the broadest of all religion, christianity, upon being ultra flexible, permits the wandering of the mind, as far as possible. But the mind must return home, either to a heroic welcome or to a cool, self-elated homecoming. Anything beyond that means u have lost direction and yur return might take some providential luck.
The word is a double-edged sword; to adversaries who are against the word- u find out these enemies could, like saul, later turn to paul and save a large number of people.

Dont let yur praying knees get lazy.

Christianity and its feats are shrouded in limitless open doors- only a few understands its straightness and its unseen bendings that are all good for humanity.when u ask questions and querry the order, u are not chastised and labelled an apostate already, if the listerner is a true,informed and a well-sitted christian. Jesus would do the same.
Answer to every question is in the bible. There are also questions that do not have answer and issues that cannot be explained. Thatz when we pray for the abilty to let it go. But u commit bigger error and show greater ignorance and even sin to think those who ask are wrong and need deliverance...

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by zyzxx(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
nairalife2013:
when people make this kind of statement, it shows thier conviction that they are clean and do not need deliverance themselves. May be am wrong. It is a sarcastic, allussion(indirect reference) to a bad pity. When The old testament was modified, who modified it and why?
Raising phenomenal questions in the christinedom is accepted, facilitated by the grace. Rated as the most liberal and the broadest of all religion, christianity, upon being ultra flexible, permits the wandering of the mind, as far as possible. But the mind must return home, either to a heroic welcome or to a cool, self-elated homecoming. Anything beyond that means u have lost direction and yur return might take some providential luck.
The word is a double-edged sword; to adversaries who are against the word- u find out these enemies could, like saul, later turn to paul.

Christianity and its feats are shrouded in limitless open doors- when u ask questions and querry the order, u are not chastised and labelled an apostate already, if the listerner is a true,informed, well-sitted christian. Answers to every question is in the bible. There are also questions that do not have answer and issues that cannot be explained. Thatz when we pray for the abilty to let it go. But u commit bigger error and show greater ignorance and even sin to think those who ask are wrong and need deliverance.
bro. Actually my response is not directed to lastchild.
my post is for sonoflucifer or what's he called.
As for lastchild he will outgrown dat, for all his questions, he should go and read romans 14, with NIV version for better understanding.
Thanks bro, God bless u.

Mickie04.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by nairalife2013(m): 9:33am On Jan 03, 2015
zyzxx:
bro. Actually my response is not directed to lastchild.
my post is for sonoflucifer or what's he called.
As for lastchild he will outgrown dat, for all his questions, he should go and read romans 14, with NIV version for better understanding.
Thanks bro, God bless u.

Mickie04.
bless u too. I didnt notice that sonoflucifer post! Somtimes u can do very little to change the minds of people who hav choosed another WAY whose present may be blisful but whose end might be bitter.
For them tho, Never let yur praying knees get lazy wink
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by zyzxx(m): 9:38am On Jan 03, 2015
nairalife2013:
bless u too. I didnt notice that sonoflucifer post! Somtimes u can do very little to change the minds of people who hav choosed another WAY whose present may be blisful but whose end might be bitter.
For them tho, Never let yur praying knees get lazy wink
amen.
ok sir
dat y I offer dat prayer " dat God will deliver him " .

1 Like

Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Barywhyte(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2015
Dsage1:
@op and others, following Christian doctrine and teaching, no man whose blood is running through his vein is capable of making it to heaven.

The christians has failed to realize that a FREE WILL human is not capable of being perfect.

Absolutely! Its only to man that certain things remain impossible but to God, everything is possible.

@lastchild congratulation! happy new year to you. Fight on OK. You have a lot of followers on NL. Even ur enemies can't wait for ur next thread. In fact, the Devil himself, ably represented by certain sonOfLucifer is following you! Bro believe me you are extremely special. Fight on ok you shall succeed
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

I have found a brother, we share the same faith, hail the supreme.
We are all brothers. Some remain ignorant.
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Youngsage: 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re: 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished by Tranglatar(m): 11:51am On Jan 15, 2015
lastchild:
1... All sins are equal

Nonsense

It seems you are reading and thinking only the letters ask the Holy Spirit (the Teacher) to illuminate your mind to the Spirit in the Life giving WORD

(1) (Reply)

Deathstroke: Grand Mufti Saudi Arabia Supports Child (even Cradle) Marriage! Why / Six Things The Bible Never Said / A Simple Question To All Atheist...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.