Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

I Remember When I Was In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Remember When I Was In Nigeria. (486 Views)

I Was In The Same NYSC Camp With Dino Melaye - Man Shares His NYSC Certificate / I Was Not Employed To Wear Uniforms – Customs CG Ali Replies Senate / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Remember When I Was In Nigeria. by ucheokpara100(m): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2015
If i can type this then you can read it i need comments here. Any one in Nigeria with stable mind deserves an award, that same person/peopl would be world greatest man/woman if thy were brought up in western world. I admire and appreciate evryone in Nigeria it's not easy to stay in a country without foundation, a disorganized country, a country where leaders are deceiving us instead of guilding us, a country where peopl know the right thing but dont wanna do it. a country where pastors that are supose 2 say the truth are the once worstening our situation (scamming and brain washing the masses for their selfish gain) a country where laws are only meant for the poor, a country where leaders see leadership position as opportunity comes but once instead of building a nation. (creating conducive environment for now and future benefit). TO CAP IT ALL! i remember when i was in Nigeria i would wake up to go and look for water instead of turning tap on in my flat, and sory if it rained no where 2 step my foot. after that i would go and wait for my turn at general bathroom, instead of Govt setting up standard building for peopl to rent or set standard for people who want to build we will rent them. on my way to work i would fight myself into a bus thatz meant to carry 3 persons per seat we would end up staying 4 per seat in some instances some people will still lap others making it uneasy for u to bring out money and pay your fare inside hot bus, noisy, and sweaty environment, when i manage and arrive office my unproffesional boss would use me to exercise his authority, after work i would fight the same way back home, at this time it's dark (no electricity) every where would be noisy (generator) the room is hot because i couldn't afford generator. at night when iam about to sleep mosquito will resume his own duty, iam about looking for solution (either stay awake or fan myself the whole night, mosquito and heat) the next thing would be THIEF OOO. THIEF OOO. THEIF OOO. making it imposible to sleep the whole night in a nation that has same leaders like every other nation, when i strugle till end of the month and collect my token pastor would threaten my life with 10percent of it, with seed,ofering,group contribution evrything coming to 80percent of it goes to pastor, the remaing 20percent family,transport e.t.c so where do i belong here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remember When I Was In Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
Nigerians are guilty for allowing poor leadership.

I just do not understand our reluctance to go on the streets to protest against bad governance.

I wonder whether the pastors and religious leaders are to blame by brainwashing us and suppressing dissent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bd71UMEYJ0&index=22&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Remember When I Was In Nigeria. by tola9ja: 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
VOTE FOR JONATHAN FOR THE
FOLLOWING ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Petroleum from N65 to 97.
2. Gari from N150 to N260 for mud.
3. Sugar/flour/ beans/ all from N180 to
250/ mud.
4. NEPA from 1,250 to 4000/Month and no
light.
5. Scarcity of money.
6. Killings from few individuals to whole
community wiped out.
7. Roadblock from 1/40km to 2/3km.
8. Oil bunkering for 10,000/barrels to
100,000/ barrels.
9. Strike of just few organization to many
organizations.
10. Sack of few workers to thousands of
just health workers.
11. WASSCE from 40% to over 70% failure.
12. Trust among citizenry from little to
non. etc.
13. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions
of DOLLARS.
14. Budget implementation for 40% to less
than 20% per year.
15. Roads from potholes to road cut ups
and bridges.
16. Economy from worse to greatest in
Africa, but the masses from poor to
poorest.
17. Political movement from PDP to APC
and vice visa.
18. Transport fare to Kano from N1350 to
N2550.
19. Bribing from only police to soldiers
inclusion.
20. Lastly, ATM charges from non to now
N65 monthly

(1) (Reply)

States Declare Austerity Budgets / Pdp Says No Governorship Candidate Yet In Taraba State / APC planned to hack into INEC database -DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.