Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Sony Makes The Best Laptops - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sony Makes The Best Laptops (18909 Views)

Poll: Who makes the best laptops?

Sony: 20% (33 votes)
HP: 20% (33 votes)
Dell: 18% (30 votes)
Lenovo (IBM): 4% (7 votes)
Toshiba: 13% (21 votes)
Acer: 3% (6 votes)
Apple: 18% (30 votes)
This poll has ended

Best Laptops With Great Graphics For Gaming / Best Laptops Here For Sale / Toshiba Makes The Best Laptops. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by henryskywalker2003(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2009
I had a compaq presario r3000 for a few years, and it was horrible

@blackspade, I checked out the compaq presario r3000 (this is the link http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review/1769-4/compaq-presario-r3000-review-specs ) and from wht I saw I'll say its a medium end laptop and you said you used it for a few years. Why are u comparing it with not just with a high end laptop but also a newer model. That is kinda biased if you ask me. Try comparing your sony with a newer high end model from hp compaq like HP HDX 18t and see how your sony vaio will fare against it.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by kcatetra(m): 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2009
I think in the long run, thee is rily nuthin like the best laptop maker or watever. Its basically wat u wanna do with the laptop that matters. Yes most of the time makers have certain pros and cons, like for example

HP
Pros = Cheaper High End Alternatives
Cons = Wack Batteries

Sony
Pros = Nice Batteries and Screens (D Screen can be a con when it breaks lol)
Cons = Expensivee Replacements and kinda highly priced

Dells = Wonderful battteries
Cons = In relation to HPs, are too damn expensive

Lemme end there with the comparisms. I owned a Dell Inspiron 13 (note the owned). Came in from the states proper, beautiful and stuff but it had plenty cons as well as pros. It was a powerful 13 inch computer 2.0 T5800 Core 2 Duo Processor 3G ram and 250G HDD. Paid 750 Dols (excluding handling and taxes). Well i kinda used the computer 4 a month and decided that yes, the battery could last 4hrs on power saver with wifi on, but i cudnt even play Prince of Persia (the new one o). So i sell it and get ma self a HP DV5-1153ei, same specs and a price of 135K Naira.

I wanted the 512MB Nvidia Graphics the HP was giving me. On HPs website, it onli cost 50 dols to add a 256MB Graphics card to ur system, on the other hand, Dell charges 100 dols for a 128MB Nvidia card.

I loved ma Dell, but i have to make do with the HP so its a matter of wat u require, u cant be an architect running ArchicaD and love Dells but are also constrainted by money, u gatsa cut ur coat according with wats in the kitty.

Left to me, i buy based on specs. Even Acers have their Ferrarri brand line that are more expensive than Macs. Now wud u buy that? Not so sure, but they wud out perform any basic other brand trust me.

Hope i helped, later!
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by papionni: 2:08am On Jan 12, 2009
kcatetra, how is your HP dv5-1153ei performing? Able to play Prince of Percia Now? I'm thinking of getting one tomorrow for Red Alert 3.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by flyuche(m): 2:39am On Feb 11, 2009
angelina08:

Sony product has been the best product in Laptops, and also in VCD, Radio, Television and Monitors etc. Sony makes the best Laptops.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by flyuche(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2009
" 'Want the best value for your dollar in terms of PC reliability? For notebook PCs, Asus and IBM/Lenovo are the best, and Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Sony are the worst for reliability, according to a new report from Rescuecom.

If you are looking for a reliable notebook PC, Asus and IBM/Lenovo may very well be your best choices, not Apple, Hewlett-Packard, Dell or Sony. That’s according to the most recent Computer Reliability Report from Rescuecom, based on 15,000 consumer service calls throughout the first quarter of 2009.

The rise of Asus and IBM/Lenovo is Apple’s loss. Apple had secured the top spot on the list of most reliable laptops at the end of 2008, with the fewest number of service calls, according to Rescuecom, a New York-based reseller of computers and IT services. In the first quarter, Apple slipped into third place.

According to Rescuecom, the PCs reported to have the strongest reliability scores are:
Resource Library:

The Hidden High Costs from Older Notebook PCs
The Critical Role of New Notebooks PCs Justification of your RFP
IBM System Storage DS—Reliable Data Storage for the Electronics Industry
The Art of Mobile Computing: Dell's New Latitude Notebooks and Windows Vista Set the Standard

1. Asus and IBM/Lenovo (tied)
3. Apple
4. Toshiba
5. Acer
6. HP/Compaq
7. Dell
8. Sony

Rescuecom’s rankings are based on a proprietary formula that takes into account market share based on IDC numbers and Rescuecom’s own consumer services calls for tech support. Although Lenovo separated from the IBM brand nearly two years ago, analysts continue to list the two companies as a joint brand because of legacy systems in the install base.

Rescuecom President Josh Kaplan notes that Asus’ high reliability score this quarter may be misleading because the company made big market share gains since September 2008 when it released a highly popular subcompact notebook. But that notebook’s long-term reliability has yet to be seen, says Kaplan.

Other factors that can affect a vendor’s ranking include the vendor’s ongoing support of its own products. For example, Apple users may likely be going to Apple stores for tech support. Vendors that provide better product support and vendors that have more reliable products are more likely to rank high on the list, Kaplan says.

"In this economy, consumers and business owners want to know a computer is reliable before they invest hard-earned dollars," says David Milman, founder and CEO of Rescuecom, in a prepared statement announcing the rankings. "Our reports are intended to empower consumers when they head out to make purchasing decisions. Since technology develops at a rapid pace, our quarterly analyses provide a timely resource."
that's why i got myself a thinkpad! superb machine! work seamlessly well with Ubuntu too!
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by flyuche(m): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2009
sony seems to be cooling off at the bottom of the ranking. grin
"sony makes the best laptop" indeed grin
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by sniperwolf(m): 8:02pm On Mar 30, 2009
When you talk about making the best laptop it is not just about the spec it is also the ability for people to afford them at a decent price. I'll give it to HP
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by flyuche(m): 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2009
sniperwolf:

When you talk about making the best laptop it is not just about the spec it is also the ability for people to afford them at a decent price. I'll give it to HP
wrong. cheap doesn't best. quality costs money.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by sniperwolf(m): 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2009
Flyuche don't get me wrong; according to cnn's first 10 of everything in 2008, in the computer section Toshiba Satellite E105 was one of the best for the year 2008 NOT for its rich feature but for the price you can get it in the market and warranty for 4 years
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by lynxnoon(m): 3:06pm On Apr 01, 2009
funny tin is Apple seems to be, sorry is expensive but almost evry1 in d US seems 2 be using it
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 04, 2009
In my opinion(From what i've used)

Dell Comes First! ~ At least my Dell Alienware can speak for itself

Then Apple iMac.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Digriz(m): 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2009
I hav used hp and nw dell,neva used others.bt i like dell for d ruggedness and long battery life.
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Muza(m): 1:45am On Feb 12, 2011
now i'm back to HP,sony is just too expensive
Re: Sony Makes The Best Laptops by Myself50: 8:00am On Mar 19, 2017
Nobody is talking about Asus and Acer here. Are they not producing nice systems?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

London used Macbook Pro 2013 laptop in Abuja | Kaduna for 200,000 >>>[SOLD √√√√] / How Long Does Your Laptop Battery Last? / How Are You Preparing For The Internet Outage On July 9 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.