Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood (2272 Views)

Importance Of Diapers To The Babies, Family & Society / Join Siena In Celebrating His Birthday With His Wife And Kids! / What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
THE BACKGROUND
I grew up to love kids right from tender age.
I took care of most of my younger cousins. I would visit them, feed them, help them do their homework and teach them basic maths, even as a kid.
Even my neighbours do drop their kids with me when Am at home on holiday.

We once had a close neighbor who was SSS staff, and her husband works in Abuja at the time. She didn't have a Nanny, so during the holidays, I spend time with her 3 months old baby till she returns from work in the evening. Feed the baby, change diapers ensure the had enough sleep and play time.

Back then in secondary school days, seniors were harsh, so I withdrew from hostel and was going to school from home, this gave me more time to spend with babies. I just love babies and kids, their innocence, easy to teach, every time Is fun.

FAST FORWARD

Am home for holiday, and behold, the same cousins I used to throw up in the air are as tall as I am, beautiful girls, one of whom, is studying Law in the University.
The boys who would jump on me, drag me around the room, make lots of noise are now well behaved and quite.
My former neighbor's baby is now 10years old

The feeling is wow grin
Just imagine how time flies.

As a parent, guardian or care giver, how is the feeling like watching babies and kids grow??

Am counting down to having my own babies grin grin
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Emodeee: 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
i feel good *panana nanana*
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by html14java(f): 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
I feel lyk..... a novice
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 5:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
html14java:
I feel lyk..... a novice
Hahaha, just a matter of time you will be there!!!
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
I cried on my son's 5th birthday, the little boy is now growing so fast. I imagined he will marry someday and the woman will own him. He'll be six by March. I'm proud of you Bright I love you so much.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
Emodeee:
i feel good *panana nanana*

kikikikii, what's the panana nanana feeling like?
expantiate … cheesy
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 6:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:
I cried on my son's 5th birthday, the little boy is now growing so fast. I imagined he will marry someday and the woman will own him. He'll be six by March. I'm proud of you Bright I love you so much.

Yea, kids grow fast now esp With the kind of meals available now.
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:
Awwww.
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
ideology:

Yea, kids grow fast now esp With the kind of meals available now.

Really fast, you won't believe he's 6
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Awwww.

Yea honey
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Emodeee: 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
ideology:

kikikikii, what's the panana nanana feeling like?
expantiate … cheesy

it's an old advert of amstel malta i fink. d guy wz with a guitar in his hand singing"i feel good" then, the guitar will play d *pana nana na nana*. hp u get nw?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:

Really fast, you won't believe he's 6
that's right
Babe, I still de owe you, 1bottle of 7up, hehehe
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:

Yea honey
So when I get married and start having kids they will also grow to marry another someday?? That's scary and touching.
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
So when I get married and start having kids they will also grow to marry another someday?? That's scary and touching.

Really scary and touching, but the young shall grow
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Chillis: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:

That's the beauty of life. You don't own people. Once they get to adult you let go and watch them take their decision. That's why it's very important to instill all form of love and discipline for them for their future.

At topic, once they are big I just see them as another adult I care for. No more unnecessary gifts. Time to walk the walk.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:

Really scary and touching, but the young shall grow
Now I know why parent cry when their kids get married.
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Chillis:

That's the beauty of life. You don't own people. Once they get to adult you let go and watch them take their decision. That's why it's very important to instill all form of love and discipline for them for their future.

At topic, once they are big I just see them as another adult I care for. No more unnecessary gifts. Time to walk the walk.

Aunty chilli its scary.
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
Emodeee:

it's an old advert of amstel malta i fink. d guy wz with a guitar in his hand singing"i feel good" then, the guitar will play d *pana nana na nana*. hp u get nw?

I get now,
I feel good … grin
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
ideology:
that's right
Babe, I still de owe you, 1bottle of 7up, hehehe

Yea, where's my 7up?
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:

Na ground them go pick me that day, it won't be easy for me sha
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Chillis: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Aunty chilli its scary.

What is scary in that.
Thats the best thing to happen to one. Your child getting his/her missing rib while you sit back and do things you stopped doing because you got kids.
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:

Herzummy, i see you kiss
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:

Na ground them go pick me that day, it won't be easy for me sha
Lol.
My sister's wedding day my dad tears almost full bucket grin them no even talk my mum own. cheesy

The day I will get married my dad go cry full 10 tanks cheesy I'm my dad's left eye so I just wonder o. grin
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Chillis:

What is scary in that.
Thats the best thing to happen to one. Your child getting his/her missing rib while you sit back and do things you stopped doing because you got kids.

Abi o. smiley
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
ideology:

Herzummy, i see you kiss
I see you too o. smiley
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lol.
My sister's wedding day my dad tears almost full bucket grin them no even talk my mum own. cheesy

The day I will get married my dad go cry full 10 tanks cheesy I'm my dad's left eye so I just wonder o. grin

Lolz you are funny
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 6:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
brito:

Yea, where's my 7up?

Oya, receive …
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my cousin yesterday
The little child of yesterday is all grown up
The girl I used to bathe now wears my pant size and can't dress up in my presence -she finds it embarrassing grin
She now looks matured with all 'em curves in the right places and height

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Zeemoor:
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my cousin yesterday
The little child of yesterday is all grown up
[size=13pt]The girl I used to bathe now wears my pant size and can't dress up in my presence -she finds it embarrassing grin
She now looks matured with all 'em curves in the right places and height
[/size]

@Emboldened, grin grin
Na big girl now
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by kreamidiva(f): 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
I feel they are all taller than I am! angry cry
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by ideology(m): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
kreamidiva:
I feel they are all taller than I am! angry cry
Awwww, pele, smiley
Re: How Do You Feel Seeing The Babies And Kids You Cared For Grow Up To Adulthood by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
Seriously, she is
Kids now grow up much too fast
I don't know if it's the kids that are in a rush to grow up these days or they hit puberty earlier than previous generations
ideology:

@Emboldened, grin grin
Na big girl now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some People Don't Deserve To Be Called Parents / My Beautiful Sisters(pix) / Help,terrible Rashes On My 3weeks Old Baby's Neck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.