Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. (41560 Views)

Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by MalcoImX: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
hopilo:
Current rating for top 100 electricity producers in the world shows Nigeria 4th in Africa, 70th in the world. more work needed to reach top 5 in the world and from the history of the nation in that ranking it took them over 30 years of consistent and articulated plan to reach that peak.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=100&v=79&l=en
Hmmmmm, it took them 30 years indeed! This one is a bad prayer. Op, so your stable light will be around 2045, that is if by then another complain didn't come up.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by ZACHIE: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
I refused to read or see bullshit.
ngozi, your stats are from the deepest morass of deception. They say nothing other than deceit.
We are not fooled anymore.
Shove those stats up the most sacred orifice of ......body
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by georgementday(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
I laugh at those that are saying things are getting better. They should come to benin city,those who are unable to buy generators now trap fireflies in transparent bottles to utilies it at night. THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER INDEED!
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by lekhane(m): 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
simplemach:
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. You can use a trans4ma in your neighbourhood
oh! That clueless nigga that created more problems for six years rather than solve the ones he met?
We don't even have transformer here, no thanks to corruption of your GEJ, the clueless one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by GodMode: 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
godG:

Just like your English. No, don't tell me it was an oversight.

It wasn't an oversight cos I don't care because English is not my first language.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by duni04(m): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
sammyj:
This junk implies it was either fabricated or African should be eliminated from the surface of the earth if Nigeria currently generating between 2 to 3KW of electricity is 4th in Africa in the above ratings!!! Chikena
Other African countries don't have to generate much cos they're small, much smaller than Nigeria in size and population. Nigeria on the other hand has a large population and should therefore produce more electricity for its large population. That's why Angola, Botswana and even Cameron generate more electricity per capita than Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by datribune: 9:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
PDP no go kie person. PDP deceiving d world wit fake statistics supplied by d IMF/World bank stooge & d de facto president of Nigeria, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala since 1999.
Since PHCN was shared between d cabal of PDP sponsors, electricity supply has worsened.
Come Valentines day, we ar voting dis clowns out of power.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by musb92yahooco: 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
Were is missing $20b

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by femmycares(m): 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
I can remember when dis clueless president was makin promises in 2011,he said if he can't fix power in 4yrs,it means he can't fix it if he spends more than 4yrs in office.I'm yet to see the benefits of privatisin phcn.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by baybeeboi: 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
georgementday:
I laugh at those that are saying things are getting better. They should come to benin city,those who are unable to buy generators now trap fireflies in transparent bottles to utilies it at night. THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER INDEED!

U fit steal Oracle
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by wowo2: 9:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
[size=16pt] We produce about same as puerto rico which has less than 4% of Nigerian population [/size]. Nigeria is maybe a couple of tens of million people less than Brazil in population and generates only 4% of Brazil's produce.

It is shameful. It is a F minus scorecard.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Akainzo(m): 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
This is what people do when they want to bamboozle with fake statistics 0- the same as when government keeps shouting the biggest economy stuff.

Now truly we are 4th in Africa and 70th in the world, however what should matter to Nigerians is what is available to shared to Nigerians for use in their homes, businesses and resorts. Once we check this, it show a very abysmal performance.

Once you put the production in relation to the population of Nigeria, the data shows clearly how much of a cesspit we are in.

Here is the same data based on Per-Capita - We are number 185 in the world!

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by georgementday(m): 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
ECN,NEPA,PHCN or BEDC etc, we are still generating the same output as per 2003!
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omenka(m): 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
TheWholeTruth:
Revisit that post of mine and see what I found out.

#pathetic.

This is a very cheap propaganda, and I pity the mod that rushed to put it on the fp.

Smh.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by dre11(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
We are 70th in generation accoundint to the statistic
But, what is more productive is the energy consumption

That's what the consumer knows
What % of energy did get to the end user
And Nigeria is ranked

185th out of 214!!!

www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?v=81000

So what there to celebrate after all

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by frankflix: 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Demdem:
How much has Jonathan added for the past six years?
The fool remains a curse.

before u called somebody a fool
it shows u r a greater fool because with this ur reasoning, ur 20yrs in power can not change
ask those countries how long it take to get were they are
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Princecalm(m): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
The op brought news for you guys and you hat turned it to a political e-war.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by adconline(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Just imagine the shame of a nation!!

War torn countries like Libya, Syria, and Iraq are above us yet some people wanna brag about this.

Let me do a little research about the electricity supply "per capita" and see where Nigeria stands!! I have no doubt in my mind we'd be the worst!!

Edit.

Booooo!!!! I said it!! Terrible!! cheesy

185th out of 214!!!
106KWh when a country like China with a population of over 2billion is providing its citizens over 11,000KWh per capita!!

Shame on our leaders!

The only reason why some Nigerians celebrate news like this is because they are simply ignorant. The best way to assess things like this is to look at them from a "per capita" stand point. I guess not too many people understand what this means. cheesy
Succinctly put, but your problem is that most Nigerians will not understand you.. We have been so under-educated that common sense seems like Rocket science..

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Hollawaley(m): 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
E no go beta for them
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
The report is a scam Nigeria power actually dropped from 4000MW to 3500mw.I will use every opportunity to expose PDP lies
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by adconline(m): 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
We are the most population and largest economy in Africa yet 3 other countries are ahead of us.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
What is Gej doing with our coals sided away in Enugu? Only for him to use his dullard brain and embezzling oil money that is even needed to fund power generation companies. How daft can a president be? They show us substandard trains as development, now see what south africa that is just here is doing with coal.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hopilo: 9:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Akainzo:
This is what people do when they want to bamboozle with fake statistics 0- the same as when government keeps shouting the biggest economy stuff.

Now truly we are 4th in Africa and 70th in the world, however what should matter to Nigerians is what is available to shared to Nigerians for use in their homes, businesses and resorts. Once we check this, it show a very abysmal performance.

Once you put the production in relation to the population of Nigeria, the data shows clearly how much of a cesspit we are in.

Here is the same data based on Per-Capita - We are number 185 in the world!

So China can not even generate power to meet their population and they are number one in the world. even almighty USA
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
frankflix:

before u called somebody a fool
it shows u r a greater fool because with this ur reasoning, ur 20yrs in power can not change
ask those countries how long it take to get were they are

See your big head like you have all the reasoning in the world. Lets start with South Africa you dundee. How long did it take them to generate that much power? I bet not long since 1960. Ewu anumpam! grin

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
tunbosun9:
its was a mistake...electricity in Nigeria is poor
who told you its not poor with those figures... some countires with just 20 million population generates 100s , we just 20 .. GEJ is doing everything to improve this esp the gas turbines. if only federal xter will allow it grow...they should allow states to generate and distribute and send the excess to the grid
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by kenx1(m): 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
TIME TO KILL THIS WORM EATING NIGERIA CALLED CORRUPTION

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by kingston247: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lie...another paper story...as am typing this.. We don't even have light for d past 2weeks..
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by minister2015: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
GEJ inherited 4000MW, but that has dropped to 2900MW despite all the media-hyped about privitization.

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omonnakoda: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
donmalcolm21:
Rome was not built in a day but a lot of work still needs to be done, by the time GEJ will be leaving in 2019 the issue of power supply will be a forgone issue with the limitless power that will be distributed to households.
He has been there 6 years now if what you say is true there must be some sign at least he must be half way to his target. Has the electricity situation improved at all since he has been there,by what percentage This is a very simple question Not just GEJ but PDP
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
No light in my hood for the past 3 months. mtchew**
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by minister2015: 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
GEJ inherited 4000MW, but that has dropped to 2900MW despite all the media-hyped about privitization. South Africa produces over 40000MW, GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by talk9ice(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Just imagine the shame of a nation!!

War torn countries like Libya, Syria, and Iraq are above us yet some people wanna brag about this.

Let me do a little research about the electricity supply "per capita" and see where Nigeria stands!! I have no doubt in my mind we'd be the worst!!

Edit.

Booooo!!!! I said it!! Terrible!! cheesy

185th out of 214!!!
106KWh when a country like China with a population of over 2billion is providing its citizens over 11,000KWh per capita!!

Shame on our leaders!

The only reason why some Nigerians celebrate news like this is because they are simply ignorant. The best way to assess things like this is to look at them from a "per capita" stand point. I guess not too many people understand what this means. cheesy

OK. please can u shed more light on how u arrived at ur 185th of 124th per capital calculations?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Orlu: Military & Police Sack Eastern Security Network (ESN) From Imo Forest / Atiku Cautions Fani-Kayode, Onanuga Over ‘Inciting’ Speeches Against Igbos / Senator Ita Giwa Flaunts Curves In Black Peplum Jumpsuit(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.