Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics (2904 Views)

Interesting Best xi: Just How Creative Are NL Sports Analysts? / Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League / Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches (2) (3) (4)

Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by akinalabi(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2008
You've lost it Jascobee. . .

The two Deji's are good. There's no question about that.

How did Andy Gray and Martin Tyler come into this. Martin
is widely regarded as one of the best football commentators
in the world alongside the likes of Archie McPherson and
John Motson (even though I dont like him)

We never said they were world class but they know their
footie.
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2008
akinalabi

That's the point.
Like Sauron said, Redknapp and co can't analyse the globacom premier league.
But Deji and Coanylyse theirs and ours as well,regardless of how full of crap ours is.

The same Supersports analysts are scared to use facts when they argue.They only draw a map of where each team is coming from.
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2008
Jascobee:

sauron or what do u call ursef,it's obvious that u are a morally bankrupt person.I wonder if ur parents ever taught you CTS 101{intrioduction to Courtesy&Mannerism},

It's not hard to see you are mentally-handicapped.
Look at the topic and tell me what it has to do with SKYSPORTS. . . . .
Sub-normal intelligence vermins like you just open ur traps without control like u have diarrhoea of the mouth!!!
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by akinalabi(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2008
Eastbay:

akinalabi

That's the point.
Like Sauron said, Redknapp and co can't analyse the globacom premier league.
But Deji and Coanylyse theirs and ours as well,regardless of how full of crap ours is.

The same Supersports analysts are scared to use facts when they argue.They only draw a map of where each team is coming from.

I love Terry Paine though. The old man is astute.
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2008
Yeah,Payne's cool.
Especially since he played for United at one time.
He knows his soccer.
Gary Bailey is good from a goalkeeper's perspective.
Peterside Idah has to be the worst on that channel
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by A40(m): 2:29am On Dec 24, 2008
Anyone talking down on those Deji's obviously must have cobwebs for brains those are Naija's finest if not Africa's
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
word!!!
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by tosinadeda: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2008
can this poster just e heck up
as in really
wuts the point
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Tatase(f): 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2008
Eastbay:

Yeah,Payne's cool.
Especially since he played for United at one time.
He knows his soccer.
Gary Bailey is good from a goalkeeper's perspective.
Peterside Idah has to be the worst on that channel

Terry Paine never played for united! He hates us and Chelsea so much that he can't even hide it. No he played 4 southampton and has become bitter because they're languishing in whichever lower division they're currently in. He was sooooo sooooo much better in the olden days when southampton were in the premiership. Now just to be contrary, he can never say anything positive about united even when it's deserved.

I sha agree with u about Idah Peterside. I want so very much 2 like him but he never has anything useful to contribute to the conversation except some irrelevant statistics that he is clearly reading off the internet printout in his hand and useless old-news anecdotes we've all already heard about. And that was in the good old days, now he just repeats whatever comment was last made by the other pundits. He used to be ok on Soccer Africa against that madman from Kenya and Tommy-who-hates-Nigeria, but even then, he was only ok compared to those 2, TK ("Teethicular"wink was still better than him albeit to be fair TK IS an actual sports journalist. Even when Nigeria is playing, I haven't found that Ida has all that much 2 contribute xcept 2 remind us that he knows eguavoen or whomever personally.
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 31, 2008
I think I goofed on Paine.

I think I was talking about Eddie Lewis,the old,cynical fellow.Payne played for West Ham.My bad on that one.
I think Payne is a bit objective in comparison to Lewis.

The soccer africa team is full of madmen.
The Kenyan idiot whose only pride is the state of their league never gets anything right in his predictions.
The Ivorien should be at a police station,not a studio.
The only guy I respect is TK,because he actually has some depth about African Football.
If they brought in Mark Gleeson,he'd give them a lot of credibility.
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Tatase(f): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2009
Eastbay:

I think I goofed on Paine.

I think I was talking about Eddie Lewis,the old,cynical fellow.Payne played for West Ham.My bad on that one.
I think Payne is a bit objective in comparison to Lewis.

The Kenyan idiot whose only pride is the state of their league never gets anything right in his predictions.
The only guy I respect is TK,because he actually has some depth about African Football.

Again Paine played for Southampton and only one other club as far as I know. I think like somethings-ford,  sha one of those clubs that has never smelled top-flight football. The only top club he's played for is Southampton.

As for your Soccer Africa pundit analysis, I'm rotflmao.  grin You're exactly right!!!
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by akinalabi(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2009
Eastbay:

You're really really crazy grin grin grin

I actually like Soccer Africa. I like the way they diss each other
there and Idah is better there than when he's on Monday night
football.

As for Terry Paine, he has the highest number of appearances
for southampton so he's a fanatical supporter. Gary Bailey was
Man Utd's first choice goalies in the early eighties and it was
Peter Shilton that overshadowed him on the International stage.

Neil Andrews is a spurs fan and old man Lewis I think is a
Man utd fan.

Then the extras like Shaun Bartlett and the rest. . . Don't like
seeing them.
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by RuuDie(m): 6:22am On May 27, 2009
@ topic,

Well, not all of em suck - Bode Oguntuyi is pretty good and vast. . . . . covers the local ligue, women's football, basketball, cricket and some really very unsual stuff and he's really improved on the stammer; you can hardly notice it!

The Deji's are tight - not football encyclopaedia's but their unbiase is very appealing; they tend to call it straight down the middle most times and i think thats fantastic!

The other fine boy - Wale or something - and the other two guys that come on regularly either as anchor or guests aren't so bad.

Temisan is in it to add some razz i guess - he's kind'a like a showman, to add some spice / excitement!

The chic that comes up every now and then <whatever her name is> doesn't know a whole lot, but she does try her hardest!

Most times, its the ex-footballers that come on as guests that make the shows a bit bland - they just lack the substance to get their thoughts out right even though might have a good knowledge of whats transpiring!

What i would like to see on HiTV is the pair of Godwin Enavwherna and whats that other fine boys name now - one's good, a sport journalist to the core and the other's just an enthusiast - their debates are pretty hilarious and very good-natured for two who support different ideals. . . . . . . something thats very rarely seen in sports!

All in all, i'll say to our standards. . . . . . its okay!
Re: Hitv Sport Analysts Are Plastics by Nobody: 9:01am On May 27, 2009
akinalabi:

You're really really crazy grin grin grin

I actually like Soccer Africa. I like the way they diss each other
there and Idah is better there than when he's on Monday night
football.
Same reason I hardly miss the program. Very interesting, with Idah ably representing Naija. It's another match on its own.

Sex Is The Greatest Enemy Of Eagle's Players! Taribo West. / Gerard Pique: I’m Not One Of The World’s Best Defenders / Murphy Ijemba The Radio Paparazi And Sean Amadi Of Brila Fm Sacked