Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil (1217 Views)

5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Five Things General Buhari Should Do If Elected President - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by MORNDEW(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
Sometime ago in one of the economics classes in school our lecturer asked us to mention other things Nigeria exports aside crude oil there were some mentions but they were nothing to write home about. This made me to come up with the top 5 things i believe we export to the world.

1. OUR MUSIC: Our music is receiving massive airplay in different parts of d world. Rio ferdinand tweeted of how he was listening to oliver twist, our musicians now feature foreign artists, african queen was used 4 a movie and D’banj performed in a world music award watched by millions all over the world. Our musicians tour diferent part of d world with our music receiving wider acceptance.

2. OUR AUTHORS: Only few africans have won the nobel laurate and our own Wole Soyinka is one of them our authors are so respected all over the world. If Nigeria should use d image of these authors on our national flag i think it will earn us more respect. Achebe was a lecturer in the US likewise Soyinka Niyi Osundare and lots of others.

3. OUR MOVIES: If theres anything Nigeria can boast of producing in mass and is exporting to the world, its our movies a friend of mine in Ghana told me of how they scramble for our movies. Even in the US people patronise our movies. During the little brawl between us and the Kenyans because of the way we treated them during a world cup qualifier, their cititzens threatened to stop watching our movies. On African magic our movies are the most played and we have a special category at the AMAA awards.

4. OUR PASTORS: Believe it or not our pastors command a large followership outside the shores of this country ask the South African Government who have to ban pastor chris Oyakhilome. If any of our big pastors anounces a conference or crusade in a country, the turnout would be bigger than the capacity of football spectators in stadium. They are so followed and woshiped like gods remember Adeboyes 1 million likes on facebook.

5 OUR BOOKS: Do you know Things Fall Apart, Anthills of Savannah, Half of a Yellow sun, The lion and the Jewel, the gods are crazy etc has been translated in diferent languages. Books by our religious leaders are hotcakes as they are full of inspirations. Rapsody of Realities, Open Heavens, Our Daily manna are used all over the world.

The truth is that the government has a lot of revenue that they can gather from this things mentioned above to boost our GDP and they should tap from them.
What do you think?

Princewill Chimereze.

Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by kilokeys(m): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2015
geez.. i was expecting to see palm fruit, cocoa, groundnut et cetera..

this op sef..
the aforementioned would only get d authors, musicians bugatti and big houses... how would it help the common man in nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by MORNDEW(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2015
kilokeys:
geez.. i was expecting to see palm fruit, cocoa, groundnut et cetera..

this op sef..
the aforementioned would only get d authors, musicians bugatti and big houses... how would it help the common man in nigeria?
Taxes, taxes, taxes. Royalties, Royalties, Royalties. A percentage earning can be placed in each of the books, musical tous etc.
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by kilokeys(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
MORNDEW:

Taxes, taxes, taxes. Royalties, Royalties, Royalties. A percentage earning can be placed in each of the books, musical tous etc.
are u in nigeria?

royalties and taxes..?.. i laff in efik.

who pays?
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by MORNDEW(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
kilokeys:

are u in nigeria?

royalties and taxes..?.. i laff in efik.

who pays?
The Government can enforce it.
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by Mogten(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
Authors - Yes

Books - Yes

Music - undecided

Movies - undecided undecided angry

Pastors? You want the international community to brand Nigerians "rapists"? " crooked"?
Haba wa!
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by dkronicle(m): 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
Chai, wat i was xpectin is sth gr8 not movie with poor quality
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by yemmit90: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
MORNDEW:

Both your first post and the one above no make any sense.

Except you're telling us those sub-standard things you mentioned should be exporting to Somalia,Haiti and the likes.

I'm sure you've not read wide,otherwise you would've know that most of Nigeria Authors,Musicians, movie producers,and even professors are mostly doing copy and paste of intellectual works of foreigners.
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by PetroDolla3: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
People "scramble" for your movies in Ghana? you need to get rid of the generator fumes messing up your tiny brain!

[s]
MORNDEW:
Sometime ago in one of the economics classes in school our lecturer asked us to mention other things Nigeria exports aside crude oil there were some mentions but they were nothing to write home about. This made me to come up with the top 5 things i believe we export to the world.

1. OUR MUSIC: Our music is receiving massive airplay in different parts of d world. Rio ferdinand tweeted of how he was listening to oliver twist, our musicians now feature foreign artists, african queen was used 4 a movie and D’banj performed in a world music award watched by millions all over the world. Our musicians tour diferent part of d world with our music receiving wider acceptance.

2. OUR AUTHORS: Only few africans have won the nobel laurate and our own Wole Soyinka is one of them our authors are so respected all over the world. If Nigeria should use d image of these authors on our national flag i think it will earn us more respect. Achebe was a lecturer in the US likewise Soyinka Niyi Osundare and lots of others.

3. OUR MOVIES: If theres anything Nigeria can boast of producing in mass and is exporting to the world, its our movies a friend of mine in Ghana told me of how they scramble for our movies. Even in the US people patronise our movies. During the little brawl between us and the Kenyans because of the way we treated them during a world cup qualifier, their cititzens threatened to stop watching our movies. On African magic our movies are the most played and we have a special category at the AMAA awards.

4. OUR PASTORS: Believe it or not our pastors command a large followership outside the shores of this country ask the South African Government who have to ban pastor chris Oyakhilome. If any of our big pastors anounces a conference or crusade in a country, the turnout would be bigger than the capacity of football spectators in stadium. They are so followed and woshiped like gods remember Adeboyes 1 million likes on facebook.

5 OUR BOOKS: Do you know Things Fall Apart, Anthills of Savannah, Half of a Yellow sun, The lion and the Jewel, the gods are crazy etc has been translated in diferent languages. Books by our religious leaders are hotcakes as they are full of inspirations. Rapsody of Realities, Open Heavens, Our Daily manna are used all over the world.

The truth is that the government has a lot of revenue that they can gather from this things mentioned above to boost our GDP and they should tap from them.
What do you think?

Princewill Chimereze.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by MORNDEW(m): 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
yemmit90:

Both your first post and the one above no make any sense.

Except you're telling us those sub-standard things you mentioned should be exporting to Somalia,Haiti and the likes.

I'm sure you've not read wide,otherwise you would've know that most of Nigeria Authors,Musicians, movie producers,and even professors are mostly doing copy and paste of intellectual works of foreigners.
you must be hating on som1 else nd u brot it here. Just try nd help urself ok. Soyinka nd Achebe into copy nd paste? Davido, tuface etc doing copy, copy?
By the way u must not comment on every post u can do some other things.
Re: Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
Cocoa (Oduastan)

Gworo (Oduastan and Arewastan)

Muslim fanatics (osogbo and the entire Arewastan)

Voodoo charms and rituals (Oduastan)

Edo ashewoes ( Oduastan)

This should be able to help kick start the economy of the Islamic Republic of Arewastan and Oduastan.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Corrupt Region In Nigeria? / Jega And Apc's Plot UNCOVERED! / New Government: Nominate Cabinet Members.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.