Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From (2601 Views)

Senegal Parrots And Adorable Love Birds For Sale / Meet Leo And Belle, My Adorable German Shepherds / Photo: Behold! what would you call this strange animals? 'a nairalander's pet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ImperfectMe(m): 4:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
Mother Nature's favorite gag is giving vicious predators the bodies of harmless fuzzballs. Here are the six deadliest animals we may keep as pet when approahed
When someone mentions roadrunners, you probably think of a
tall, skinny bird that runs really fast, goes "Meep meep" and
routinely outwits cartoon coyotes. And while Warner Bros. did
get some things right (the birds are capable of flight, but choose
to just run around really fast), cartoons are rarely accurate sources for the aspiring ornithologist.

Roadrunners are almost exclusively carnivorous . The diet they follow is not the wimpy "small furry things" sort, either.
Try rattlesnakes.
The roadrunner just sinks its beak into the snake, promptly lifts it high into
the air and repeatedly smashes it into the ground until it is
tenderized enough to swallow whole. This technique, according to
scientists, "subjects the prey to an outward force away from the
center of rotation, in this case, the center of rotation being the roadrunner's face."
More importantly, it does it like a boss. That there, friends, is a goddamn finishing move. It even has a
name: the Centrifugal Slam. Oh, and the roadrunner also eats other birds. It doesn't even fly after them -- instead, it just jumps in the air and snatches them as they pass. And then: the Centrifugal Slam.

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
Go on pls
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ImperfectMe(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
5. Giant Otters
Otters are some of the cutest, most innocent-looking animals on
the planet
Giant otters live in South America, where they primarily feed on
perch, large catfish and characins, such as piranhas. They hunt in packs (hence the nickname), corraling fish into shallow water for
easy pickings. When feeding cubs, they beat up the fish within an inch of its life but leave it hanging -- so that the cute otter babies
can have fresh food.
Another delicacy on the giant otter menu is the anaconda, which you may remember as the largest damn snake on Earth.
A small
group of giant otters will swim up to and grab the snake, then start biting and clawing it. They will bash the anaconda against tree trunks and, if they feel particularly badass, employ a
technique described by a biologist as "tug-of-war with an
animated fire hose." Yes, giant otters can reduce the most
powerful snake on the planet to a mere plaything.

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ImperfectMe(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
4. Long-Tailed Weasel
Oh, come on now. Weasels? They do probably hunt mice or
something, like pretty much every small carnivore. But a long- tailed weasel on a list of ferocious killers? No way. Look at that little fella -- it's just a fluffy hot dog with legs.
The long-tailed weasel likes to kill by wrapping its body around its prey, then crushing the prey's skull by biting it.
Long-tailed weasels are genetically
hardwired to commit mass murder. They kill whenever they can and store the food for later, but rarely visit their corpse stashes
because they prefer their food "alive and quivering." They also lap the blood from the wounds they inflict, and as the icing on the serial killer cake, they make their nests out of the fur of their victims.

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by DONOCSO(m): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
OP you call this beast inside water adorable?
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by motherlode: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
shocked
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by benuejosh: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
i was here
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
Op, all this animals no dey nigeria joor, why u won put fear for my mind?
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ImperfectMe(m): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
3 Olive Babbons
Olive baboons -- like all monkeys -- are actually opportunistic omnivores. That means they eat whatever they think looks delicious. This is usually just grass and plants and stuff. In fact,
baboons are known to peacefully graze next to gazelles. But every once in a while, like a man forced to subsist on salad for
too long, they decide enough is enough and they want some meat right damn now. And that's when their peaceful co-existence with the rest of the world ends. Those gazelles the olive baboon likes to hang out with? They do
double duty as fluffy animal friends and a snack cabinet. At any
given moment, a baboon may decide he wants him some gazelle. So he nonchalantly walks up to the grazing gazelles, pretending
to be uninterested and doing whatever the baboon equivalent of
whistling is. Then he just suddenly bolts at whatever looks like it
runs away the slowest. Yes, of course this is usually a baby
gazelle. Once the baboon catches the African Bambi, he unceremoniously
kills it by beating and biting it. Then he holds it in his hands like a water melon. YUCK!

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ImperfectMe(m): 4:29pm On Jan 04, 2015
2. Leopard Seal
Seals are the cutest, sweetest,
most adorably helpless-looking things ever. There's no way in
hell seals could ever be anything but cuddly tubs of lard. They
just eat fish, right? That assumption goes right out the window when the leopard seal opens its mouth and you find out it's part dinosaur.
Leopard seals will wait in shallow water or under ice ledges where penguins like to hang out. When the little guys jump into the
water, the seal shoots out and grabs it.
After it catches its prey, the seal slaps the penguin across the surface of the water to skin it before eating it. Or, if it's feeling
particularly merciful, just bites off its head.

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by am0s(m): 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
d baboon no dey smile sef

1 Like

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by simdam500(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
reading along.

that baboon dey vex o... op u sure say e friendly

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by missdebs(f): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
1.) GEJ: decievin nigerians with no shoe story, he got into power. Now he and the other presidents(mama peace n co) toast daily to chopping nigeria's money

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by simdam500(m): 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2015
missdebs: 1.) GEJ: decievin nigerians with no shoe story, he got into power. Now he and the other presidents(mama peace n co) toast daily to chopping nigeria's money

ma'am sorry, I think you walked into the wrong room...

cos I doubt GEJ likes baboon. mama peace sef fear lizard
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Ewizard(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2015
missdebs:
1.) GEJ: decievin nigerians with no shoe story, he got into power. Now he and the other presidents(mama peace n co) toast daily to chopping nigeria's money

Madam ure obsessed... I'd buy u a consolidation wine and rub ya bak while u sip..
So u cud hate no more.
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ireneony(f): 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
Just incase I was here
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
ireneony:
Just incase I was here
grin grin cheesy
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
ireneony:
Just incase I was here
Whatssap babe.
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by ozor1: 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2015
ireneony:
Just incase I was here
me too
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 05, 2015
missdebs:
jobless biitch grin
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2015
Abegii... all diz animals na food jhoor....
Re: The 6 Deadliest Animals Too Adorable To Run Away From by smileysmiles(f): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
lol. never knew road runner was the name of an animal. i was expecting to see dat club around yaba axis. lol

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Guard Dog's In The World / German Shepherd Puppies For Sale / GSD For Sale In Ibadan ( 7weeks) Contact 08132252615

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.