Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,431 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? (47502 Views)

Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Traditional Ruler In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
Which is why I can't understand how a primate who pretends to think can quote Peter on Pentecost preaching 'Repentance' and contrast that against Paul preaching to the jailer 'believe' cool

Let me ask you, how did Peter's doctrine progress from whatever we have in Acts 2 to his epistles if at all?

Exactly at what point in Acts do we have this 'message of Grace'?
shdemidemi:

Who said they didn't?

You keep running from pillar to post like a colt and a novice about this issue of Paul.

The book of Act of Apostle isn't a doctrinal book but a time when history was unfolding and it was progressive. Your style of seeing the entire book like one big story book you can randomly pick statements that appeal to you from is gateway to error. Paul did not know all he knew the first day he got converted, yet he preached at that time. He was away for three years before after which he came back to present the message of Grace to all.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
He was as dumb as shdemidemi, he was his equal grin grin grin

It takes a leap of faith to believe this BS

Tell me italo,BabaGnoni et al
When Peter delivered a sermon on Pentecost, who taught him? Jesus?
Peter was able to relate Joel 2:28 to Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Did he know this before? He did not because he couldn't have been bugging Jesus on exactly what would happen on Pentecost; instead,they thought Jesus would return and set up an earthly kingdom. So the idea that Pauline doctrine progressed is total BS. May be we should also suppose that Jesus' teachings evolved? Dispensationalism believe so!

Let me tell you a secret. Dispensationalism garbage teaches that Jesus came to rule in Israel and the entire world from thence but Jews thwarted his dreams and the kingdom. More on this later
italo:

So Paul was ignorant of what he was saying in Acts?

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:

He was as dumb as shdemidemi, he was his equal grin grin grin

It takes a leap of faith to believe this BS
grin grin you sound offended, you're ok?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Am still waiting for the trash. Am longsuffering grin grin

I don't mind puny brains, God made them thus
shdemidemi:

grin grin you sound offended, you're ok?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:

Am still waiting for the trash. Am longsuffering grin grin

I don't mind puny brains, God made them thus

grin grin Bitterness kills, take a chill pill. This isn't about you, its all about God. So, stop taking it personal my dear.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
Am averse to men calling me dear, they tell me am homophobic cool
shdemidemi:

grin grin Bitterness kills, take a chill pill. This isn't about you, its all about God. So, stop taking it personal my dear.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by esere826: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

........ because you do not know that the noun "sickler" is not from a verb "sick." It is from the word "sickle" as in "sickle cell."......
Haba Italo

I just dey help you oo
We cannot write one thing in English and mean another ooo
we are not mind readers
Well carry go and more grammatical twisting power to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:
Let me tell you a secret. Dispensationalism garbage teaches that Jesus came to rule in Israel and the entire world from thence but Jews thwarted his dreams and the kingdom. More on this later

vooks the rookie critic...
Mat 15:24
New International Version
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

John 1:11
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Can you comprehed the fact that Israel rejectecd her king?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2015
M0ron,
Walk me through how we jump from rejecting Christ to setting up an earthly kingdom head-quartered in Jerusalem
shdemidemi:

vooks the rookie critic...
Mat 15:24
New International Version
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

John 1:11
He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.

Can you comprehed the fact that Israel rejectecd her king?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

Yes.

Thank you, I guess only Frosbel is good on this forum.

Can you help yourself from the sinner status to a 'righteous' status?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:

M0ron,
Walk me through how we jump from rejecting Christ to setting up an earthly kingdom head-quartered in Jerusalem

grin grin did you just call me a m-oron!!! Grow up my friend and brother.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
M0ronic ideas are housed in m0ronic minds,which are possessed by m0rons.

Now, tell me;

1. how does Israel rejecting Christ translate into Israel rejecting an earthly king who came to rule the earth from Jerusalem?

2. How would salvation have been procured had Jews not rejected Christ?

3. What was the point of incarnation? So that Christ can be a king?

shdemidemi:

grin grin did you just call me a m-oron!!! Grow up my friend and brother.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by italo: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2015
esere826:
Haba Italo

I just dey help you oo
We cannot write one thing in English and mean another ooo
we are not mind readers
Well carry go and more grammatical twisting power to your elbow

If I thought "sick" was a verb, my statement would read: "sickler is not from the verb "sick."

But how can I explain this simple thing to you? How can I open your brain and put common sense in there?

So let me agree that I never knew that "sick" wasn't a verb. I thought it was. I thought it was right to say "I am sicking" or "you sicked."

You dont argue with a mad man that calls you "mad." You either ignore or agree and move away.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:
M0ronic ideas are housed in m0ronic minds,which are possessed by m0rons.

Now, tell me;

1. how does Israel rejecting Christ translate into Israel rejecting an earthly king who came to rule the earth from Jerusalem?

2. How would salvation have been procured had Jews not rejected Christ?

3. What was the point of incarnation? So that Christ can be a king?

Look in the mirror bro, who do you see?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
I only use mirrors when I can't avoid like when am driving or in the lift. cheesy
shdemidemi:

Look in the mirror bro, who do you see?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by italo: 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
shdemidemi:

Thank you, I guess only Frosbel is good on this forum.

Can you help yourself from the sinner status to a 'righteous' status?

Yes.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

Yes.

Interesting!!! Why haven't you done that already? By now you shouldn't be admmiting the 'sinner' status since you can correct the wrong.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
You admitted that you STILL sin even after chewing through Scoffield Bible.

What are you doing about it?

I need not remind you about m0ronic questions

Cc: italo

shdemidemi:

Interesting!!! Why haven't you done that already? By now you shouldn't be admmiting the 'sinner' status since you can correct the wrong.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:
You admitted that you STILL sin even after chewing through Scoffield Bible.

What are you doing about it?

I need not remind you about m0ronic questions

Cc: italo

Allow the man answer questions, he probably understand his beliefs than you who would evade questions that will hatch your confusion.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 1:24pm On Jan 15, 2015
Talking of which you been playing dumb for a better part of today

Why do you ASK for forgiveness seeing Christ forgave you your past,present and future sins?

shdemidemi:

Allow the man answer questions, he probably understand his beliefs than you who would evade questions that will hatch your confusion.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by italo: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2015
shdemidemi:

I have done so...but I have to keep doing it. Justification is on-going throughout ones lifetime.

That is why the Bible says a man is justified by works, not by faith alone. E.g Abraham.

But you believe James was ignorant when he wrote that part of the Bible.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by italo: 1:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:

Why do you ASK for forgiveness seeing Christ forgave you your past,present and future sins?

Shdemidemi, can you answer that?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by esere826: 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

If I thought "sick" was a verb, my statement would read: "sickler is not from the verb "sick."
But how can I explain this simple thing to you? How can I open your brain and put common sense in there?
So let me agree that I never knew that "sick" wasn't a verb. I thought it was. I thought it was right to say "I am sicking" or "you sicked."
You dont argue with a mad man that calls you "mad." You either ignore or agree and move away.

You're obviously filled with not only the Holy Spirit
but the Holy Ghost fire grin
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
He believes James wrote the book for Jews who will be alive during the tribulation and millennium here on earth. That is an age where Grace will have ceased. Shdemidemi will be reigning in the sky with Christ during the same period.

So James is IRRELEVANT for you but if you are idle enough, you can make some time and pity those who will miss out on the Grace by studying it.

italo:

I have done so...but I have to keep doing it. Justification is on-going throughout ones lifetime.

That is why the Bible says a man is justified by works, not by faith alone. E.g Abraham.

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:

Asking for forgiveness or the lack of it does not affect my salvation. My son ask for forgiveness when he does something wrong, and sometimes he does not, none of the two conditions affect the fact that he is my son and he will remain so.

I do not beg for forgiveness to go to heaven, I ask for forgiveness because It pleases my father. God saved me when I was bad, evil, and an enemy..will He un-save me now that He has adopted me.

Rom 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
So your Father is pleased with IRRELEVANT stuff?

What are the consequences of NOT asking for forgiveness?

Supposing you caught your 25 year old son undressing his 1 year old. He stops just as you walk in on him. You tell him the errors of that and then....nothing

Next, you find him in the very act....he is not remorseful nor insane. what do you do? Nothing

Next,he rapes your teenage daughter and impregnated her...what do you do?....nothing. he is your son and nothing can change that.

Next, you catch him drooling at your paralysed wife,his own mother....you are imagining

Next, he you find him dressing up after a serious session of rape...he is still your son. no remorse nor aksin for forgiveness

Next, you are woken up by screams from your mother's room. She visited and slept over.....

Why call the cops, he is still your son. And he is born again with his past,present and future sins forgiven

Next, you wake up in the night. He is busy trying to sodomize you.....
shdemidemi:

Asking for forgiveness or the lack of it does not affect my salvation. My son ask for forgiveness when he does something wrong, and sometimes he does not, none of the two conditions affect the fact that he is my son and he will remain so.

I do not beg for forgiveness to go to heaven, I ask for forgiveness because It pleases my father. God saved me when I was bad, evil, and an enemy..will He un-save me now that He has adopted me.

Rom 5
8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by esere826: 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
Ok guys,

why don't we step back and take a look at the root cause of all of these arguments and confusion
An atheist would simply explain that it is because there is no God, and that the writers of the Bible were writing fairy tales and hence the confusion.

It is clear that the bible seems to support both points of views that you guys are debating
and hence, you can never come to an agreement
So the question for me would be "who actually propounded these points of view?"
and why?

I have my theory about what happened, but it is quite long
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2015
italo:

If you have, why did you agree to be a sinner when I asked?

italo:
[s]That is why the Bible says a man is justified by works, not by faith alone. E.g Abraham.

Moreover, James is saying 'works' and 'faith'. My question was if you can make yourself righteous...you said 'yes'.

Do you stand by your 'yes' or do you think it needs 'faith' and your 'work'?
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:
So your Father is pleased with IRRELEVANT stuff?

What are the consequences of NOT asking for forgiveness?

Supposing you caught your 25 year old son undressing his 1 year old. He stops just as you walk in on him. You tell him the errors of that and then....nothing

Next, you find him in the very act....he is not remorseful nor insane. what do you do? Nothing

Next,he rapes your teenage daughter and impregnated her...what do you do?....nothing. he is your son and nothing can change that.

Next, you catch him drooling at your paralysed wife,his own mother....you are imagining

Next, he you find him dressing up after a serious session of rape...he is still your son. no remorse nor aksin for forgiveness

Next, you are woken up by screams from your mother's room. She visited and slept over.....

Why call the cops, he is still your son. And he is born again with his past,present and future sins forgiven

Next, you wake up in the night. He is busy trying to sodomize you.....

You can add some more if you choose... Does it all take out the fact that he was made from my loins?

Man remain unfaithful but God remains faithful to His Word.. I f He says it, He will do it. Man will always fail, no matter how you put it but God remain true to His Word.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by vooks: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
My broda,
Those who perish in hell were made in his image as well cool

His word to which He is very faithful tells you that 'not all who say Lord Lord...' cool

shdemidemi:

You can add some more if you choose... Does it all take out the fact that he was made from my loins?

Man remain unfaithful but God remains faithful to His Word.. I f He says it, He will do it. Man will always fail, no matter how you put it but God remain true to His Word.

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
esere826:
Ok guys,

why don't we step back and take a look at the root cause of all of these arguments and confusion
An atheist would simply explain that it is because there is no God, and that the writers of the Bible were writing fairy tales and hence the confusion.

It is clear that the bible seems to support both points of views that you guys are debating
and hence, you can never come to an agreement
So the question for me would be "who actually propounded these points of view?"
and why?

I have my theory about what happened, but it is quite long

The bible isn't confusing if we learn to understand it as a progressive revelation instead of one flat story book. It is within God's prerogative to keep things hidden from man until He chooses to unveil them. He unveiled the message for the church to Apostle Paul but my friends will rather pitch their tent with those who came before the Apostle.
Deut 29:29
"The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.
Re: Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? by shdemidemi(m): 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
vooks:
My broda,
Those who perish in hell were made in his image as well cool

His word to which He is very faithful tells you that 'not all who say Lord Lord' cool

NOOOOO.. They were not made in God's image but in the image of the fallen man- Adam.
Gen 5:3
And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) / Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.