Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors (47475 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / "How Pastor Adeboye's Prayer Aided The Arrest Of Evans, The Notorious Kidnapper" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by UtakoCrescent: 4:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pastor Enoch Adeboye announced his decision to step down as the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), on Saturday during the Annual Minister’s Thanksgiving at Shimawa area of Ogun State, Daily Trust gathered.

The respected cleric who took over the leadership of the church in 1981 made the announcement in the presence of the Vice-president, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who was one of the senior pastors in attendance.

Pastor Adeboye urged the ministers and the entire church to pray and work together with the new General Overseer, Pastor Joseph Obayemi.

The former lecturer and Professor of Mathematics is still expected to provide spiritual leadership for the church.

Pastor Adeboye had his B.Sc. in Mathematics at University of Nigeria Nsukka and subsequently got his PhD in applied mathematics from the University of Lagos, and worked as a lecturer in mathematics at the universities of Lagos and Ilorin; After joining the RCCG in 1973, he began working to translate the sermons of its then Pastor and founder, Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi, from Yoruba into English.

In 1981, Pastor Adeboye was appointed General Overseer of the church, taking over from Papa Akindayomi, who had died the previous year. For three years he filled the role part-time, still lecturing at Ilorin, until giving up his university position to preach full-time.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/how-pastor-adeboye-announced-retirement-before-osinbajo-other-pastors/179563.html#Q5sYC7PV7p6lAmOb.99

2 Shares

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Ten12(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
Somebody say hallelujahhhh....daddy G.O

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by beeoohtee(m): 4:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
What kind of news is dis

How has this helped a common RCCG member talkless of Nigerians as a whole

Can someone give me a reasonable news on Financial stability undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Remilekun101: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2017

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Jchi9876: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hmmm na the new news be this?

1 Like

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Kushpapi: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
This is something I have learnt about nairaland during the past years. Whenever there is a 'Big news' they (Moderators) just keep pushing anything that has got to do with that news to the Frontpage till we the 'readers' get tired of the news.

Don't be surprised when you see the next thread on Frontpage saying This is the last food Pastor Adeoye ate before he handed over undecided

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Raymysterio(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
Hmmmmmm

Well, according to the son, what he did was similar to what Jim Ovia did at Zenith Bank. IBB calls it Step Aside...

1 Like

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
...and the fraud continues

3 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by etenyong(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
I wish him well in his retirement. May the new man be accepted and given a chance to move d ministry forward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by gfreymom302: 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
Retire well!

1 Like

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Alexk2(m): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
RCCG need to come out Clear as a matter of urgency. These back and forth controversy isn't good for the church. Meanwhile, I respect this man of God like seriously; men as humble like him are so rare to come by.

3 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Remilekun101: 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
beeoohtee:
Who is dis a news

Who has this helped a common RCCG member talkless of Nigerians as a whole

Can someone give me a reasonable on Financial stability
undecided

is this English or German?

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Captain001(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
I respect this man

3 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Ovialekhe(f): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
Wow,enjoy the rest of ur days in good health and sound mind.A very humble servant of God.

7 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by slick1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
God bless your work in His vineyard Pastor Adeboye....

5 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Sirmuel1(m): 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
beeoohtee:
Who is dis a news
Can someone give me a reasonable on Financial stability undecided

What are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by InfinixMine: 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Well he's still the spiritual leader 100%... those ones nah formalities... but some be like the picture below..

1 Like

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by VickyRotex(f): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2017
God Bless Daddy G.O! And God Bless the New G.O of RCCG Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
After looting the church
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by johnjay4u2u(m): 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
The gate of hell will not prevail
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Vicolan: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
beeoohtee:
Who is dis a news
Can someone give me a reasonable on Financial stability undecided

Pls Wetin u dey talk naw. I dey even pity ur grammar self .No vex OK?

1 Like

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by redcliff: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
Kushpapi:
This is something I have learned about nairaland during the past years. Whenever there is a 'Big news' the just keep pushing anything that has to do with that new to the Frontpage till we the 'readers' get tired of the news.

Don't be surprised when you see the next thread on Frontpage saying This is the last food Pastor Adeoye ate before he handed over undecided

Na bloggers cause am.. no mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by biz9ja(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
Daddy G.O
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by slick1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
[quote author=beeoohtee post=52614688]Who is dis a news

Can someone give me a reasonable on Financial stability undecided[/quote]

Firstly, you cant even speak good English.
Secondly, you want tp turn your frustrations in life on the church. Maybe if u had been able to speak manageable English language, that primary school at ur backyard would have employed u as a class teacher and ur frustrations would have reduced a bit.
Sorry ehnnnnnnnn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by brostheo(m): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nawa abi na rccg seun or lala they go,this adeboye thing tire me!!
Re: How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors by Lanre4uonly(m): 5:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
That's good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Shares The Message She Got From A Struggling 'Entitled' Pastor (Photos) / Apostle Suleman Raises Dead Child Back To Life - Trezzyhelm (Photos) / Prophetess Morenikeji Egbin Orun Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.