Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,217 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons (4060 Views)

Joe Abah Complains About His Innoson SUV Is Giving Him Wahala / Political Thugs Arrested With Charms And Weapons In Akwa Ibom (photos) / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

That's the official manuacturer no doubt.
But fake ones can get into the system as well.
Why do you speak like it is not possible to bring in cheaper, substandard or fake vests trough the backdoor and claim they're the real Marom? In Nigeria.
Anyway that is the soldier's tale I gave you. Do not attack the soldier as it is a matter of life and death. If you are wrong and he is right, you are unwittingly supporting murder.
Shalom

Henry120:

When presented with the facts, you claim "fake ones can get into the system". The manufacturer has his firm's reputation to protect. Like I showed you, Marom isn't a tin-pot defence manufacturer.

Wearing a bulletproof vest doesn't mean you can't be killed by a bullet. There are no guarantees, just probabilities.

LRNZH:

Jisos Kristi of Otueke!!!

I disagree that my point completely flew over your head. shocked

Marom is a contractor. It is not the Nigeria Army.
Contractor delivers vests to Army, Army in turn shares to soldiers.
My comments about fake ones getting into the system is in the Army to soldier part of the vest transfer.
It is easy to claim a contract money for 10,000 body vests and order for only 5,000 from Marom. Then make up the shortfall of 5,000 with cheaper fake vests from China. Someone has made money sharply.

Na Naija we wey o. What is all the high level coruption in the Miliary top brass you have been hearing about?

Abeg no make me dey explain simple things to you.
No form sharp guy just dey argue. You end up looking foolish.

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

Cowards? Are you serious? If you have or know anyone in the army, you would not talk this way. You sit behind your computer or phone and write nonsense while our brave soldiers are being slaughtered by a ragtag militia that should not have existed past 2011. If not for the president and his corrupt cabinet, why should we be having the same problem of unequipped soldiers with respect to Boko Haram even after TRILLIONS of naira has been supposedly spent to equip them? Who is lying? The president or soldiers? Or does Boko Haram have a bigger budget than our army?
These are questions you should ask instead of castigating anyone who is against GEJ. The amount of brevity those soldiers have in one strand of hair is 10 times greater than you will ever have in your lifetime.

GMB 2015.

They lack equipment

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Kolade354(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
This should be move to front page so that the pdp and jonathan supporters cansee the way our f*cking president is governing us as a nation.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

Cowards? Are you serious? If you have or know anyone in the army, you would not talk this way. You sit behind your computer or phone and write nonsense while our brave soldiers are being slaughtered by a ragtag militia that should not have existed past 2011. If not for the president and his corrupt cabinet, why should we be having the same problem of unequipped soldiers with respect to Boko Haram even after TRILLIONS of naira has been supposedly spent to equip them? Who is lying? The president or soldiers? Or does Boko Haram have a bigger budget than our army?
These are questions you should ask instead of castigating anyone who is against GEJ. The amount of brevity those soldiers have in one strand of hair is 10 times greater than you will ever have in your lifetime.

GMB 2015.

Sweery, "our troops lack equipment", you say

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Why do you speak like it is not possible to bring in cheaper, substandard or fake vests trough the backdoor and claim they're the real Marom? In Nigeria.
Anyway that is the soldier's tale I gave you. Do not attack the soldier as it is a matter of life and death. If you are wrong and he is right, you are unwittingly supporting murder.
Shalom

Henry120:

When presented with the facts, you claim "fake ones can get into the system". The manufacturer has his firm's reputation to protect. Like I showed you, Marom isn't a tin-pot defence manufacturer.

Wearing a bulletproof vest doesn't mean you can't be killed by a bullet. There are no guarantees, just probabilities.

LRNZH:

My comments about fake ones getting into the system is in the Army to soldier part of the vest transfer.
It is easy to claim a contract money for 10,000 body vests and order for only 5,000 from Marom. Then make up the shortfall of 5,000 with cheaper fake vests from China. Someone has made money sharply.

Na Naija we wey o. What is all the high level coruption in the Miliary top brass you have been hearing about?

You have to acknowledge the above
Besides, posting pictures does not prove much but let's leave this part for another discusion.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

GMB 2015.

Sweery, you say our troops are underequipped

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2015
The nitwit went as far as getting pictures from another African country's army just to prove a point. An internet coward calling real soldiers cowards?

How ridiculous?
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
berem:
The nitwit went as far as getting pictures from another African country's army just to prove a point. An internet coward calling real soldiers cowards?

How ridiculous?

You dey mind am?
He does not understand the potential gravity of his actions
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

You dey mind am?
He does not undertand the potential impact of his actions
honestly!
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
iterator24:
I'm wondering what he needs a GPS for

Oga, I don't know, oga I don't know. We support the military whole-heartedly but sometimes they leave us speechless with utter shame.

Ask that man, what he needs a GPS for, and he won't be able to answer you.

"How is it these guys can take on the military in a gun-fight and win?" This is supposed to be our home turf, it should be a home run after home run in favour of the military.

I just hope asides small arms Ammo and soft skins, the enemy didn't lay it's hands on any heavy equipment or APC.

Well baga is a collective failure for the army, chadians and niger.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Shalom

Henry120:

LRNZH:

LRNZH:

You have to acknowledge the above
Besides, posting pictures does not prove much but let's leave this part for another discusion.

Bros enough of the questionable pics posting. Respond to the above na.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
berem:

How ridiculous?

You know you're a fat ugly thug.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Bros enough of the questionable pics posting. Respond to the above na.

Off course, i'll respond.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You know you're a b@stard abi?
I should be asking you that coward! Or maybe you ask the slut of your mother.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

At no point did I acknowledge or dispute whether or not fake vests were issued to the army.

I did however point out that the army raised these issues with the company, to which the company responded, Showing that their vest meet to the best quality standards. Even kevlar vests get beaten, so al though possibilities are high that your bullet proof would stop a bullet, there are no guarantees that they would.

The chinese are the fourth largest defence exporter, only behind the U.S, russia, Germany. They didn't get to 4th position selling substandard equipment.

Our leaders are a reflection of our society, we cannot continue pointing fingers at other people, when we are an integral part of the problem.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

At no point did I acknowledge or dispute whether or not fake vests were issued to the army.

I did however point out that the army raised these issues with the company, to which the company responded, Showing that their vest meet to the best quality standards. Even kevlar vests get beaten, so al though possibilities are high that your bullet proof would stop a bullet, there are no guarantees that they would.

The chinese are the fourth largest defence exporter, only behind the U.S, russia, Germany. They didn't get to 4th position selling substandard equipment.

Our leaders are a reflection of our society, we cannot continue pointing fingers at other people, when we are an integral part of the problem.

[b]I dey pity your case o. Let me jog your memory.
You attacked the soldier in the OP that he is lying and cowardly.
I told you not to attack as you do not know the real situation on ground. This is a life and death matter
I even gave you a soldier's tale about fake bullet broof vests in the Nigeria Army during a Boko Haram attack on Maiduguri Barracks
You argued Marom makes the Army's bullet proof vests hence they cannot be fake. Implying no fake vests in te Army
4. I told you fake ones could be brought in through the back door by the Army
You insisted Marom is reputable, totally missing my point. Still insisting no fake vests in the Army.
I showed easy loopholes for fake vests to get into the army ordnance
7. Your best answer is you were not arguing about he possibility of fake vests in the Army?

You are trying to be slippery.

My point still stands. If you are not the one distributing weapons to soldiers or you are not a soldier on the frontline, do not antagonise those that claim inadequate welfare and ammunitions in the military.

If they are right and you are wrong, you are unwittingly supporting sending innocent men to their untimely deaths.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Spydamannn(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
Fake soldier,fake twitter account

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by obayaya(m): 10:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
Guidette:

GMB 2015.

You are picking on the wrong guy on a wrong thread..

Henry120 has military background.... tongue

This your fake love will for Buhari will consume you until you won't be able to locate your certificate cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
LRNZH:

[b]I dey pity your case o. Let me jog your memory.
You attacked the soldier in the OP that he is lying and cowardly.
I told you not to attack as you do not know the real situation on ground. This is a life and death matter
I even gave you a soldier's tale about fake bullet broof vests in the Nigeria Army during a Boko Haram attack on Maiduguri Barracks
You argued Marom makes the Army's bullet proof vests hence they cannot be fake. Implying no fake vests in te Army
4. I told you fake ones could be brought in through the back door by the Army
You insisted Marom is reputable, totally missing my point. Still insisting no fake vests in the Army.
I showed easy loopholes for fake vests to get into the army ordnance
7. Your best answer is you were not arguing about he possibility of fake vests in the Army?

You are trying to be slippery.

My point still stands. If you are not the one distributing weapons to soldiers or you are not a soldier on the frontline, do not antagonise those that claim inadequate walfare and ammunitions in the military.

If they are right and you are wrong, you are unwittingly supporting sending innocent men to their untimely deaths.
[/b]
listen to yourself;

you're the ones that claim the nigerian army is ill-equipped
you're the ones that claim boko haram captures Nigerian army equipments.

I'm confused ..

tell us, what's your motive? you be CIA?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by obayaya(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
berem:

How ridiculous?

Mba!!! Lai Lai!!!

Those aren't pictures from other countries..

Check for Siriusblack's thread on the insurgency and cure your ignorance..

Well not ignorance per say but deliberate obfuscation of facts

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by aresa: 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
Henry120:

You are an idiiot.

How many bullet proof vests do boko-haram members wear?

Vest or no vest, BH is taking away potions of Nigeria unchallenged and the Nigerian military is still unable to take back the lost portions.

BH won because they have something to show for their evil and despicable carnage..

you should ask the soldier were boko-haram keeps getting resupplied and armoured personnel carriers from?

You should have first asked yourself who is in control in Nigeria and who is in charge of our borders and airspace.

Whatever BH gets or accomplished, it did because the government of Nigeria allowed them to directly or indirectly. You just cluelesslly highlighted your government's incompetent and corrupt ways. We saw boko haram looting supplies from deserted military bases meaning they get most of their weapons from the Nigerian military.

Cowards keep getting their bases overrun, and you have the audacity to blame the president

The commander in chief and his service chiefs and even people like you are the cowards. Sending your men and women to fight terrorist with little or nothing to fight with is cruel, it's criminal, it's reckless and irresponsible especially with the thoughtless and uncaring president who's response so far to this carnage is rewarding the corrupt and incompetent service chiefs after thousands of deaths and kidnappings they failed to prevent and loss of territory to terrorists with promotions and national awards.

Who gives out awards to incompetent service chiefs after losing on the battle field?

Who gives out awards to service chiefs when their men and women on the battle field are poorly equipped, supported and unfed?

Don't worry, 2015 is here and we'll surly get rid of your worthless, incompetent and corrupt president. We'll have a better Nigeria with strong and well equipped fighting men and women..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Boss13: 12:19am On Jan 06, 2015
Our soldiers are poorly equipped, under motivated and its leadership is highly compromised.

Henry, stop posting pictures of armies from other African countries
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:27am On Jan 06, 2015
APC don come again with their propaganda.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:29am On Jan 06, 2015
berem:

How ridiculous?

Girl, Henry is an officer of the NA.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Sylvarresta:
NA cowards?? U need to go to the hospital for brain damage, do u tink bunches of cowards can become best LAND SOLDIER... Abeg leave sentiment apart, join NA if u tink dis guys are cowards and go and fight boko boys... Brave simpleton

Dude the guy you are talking to is an officer.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by BlackBaron: 12:48am On Jan 06, 2015
So many fanboys...

Our bulletproof vests ain't fake but at the same time there's nothing stopping a larger round 12.7 mm or more which is what the BH calvary/technicals use.

Besides, NA troops do still lack enough to go round. You can post pics or not but it'll never erode the fact that there's still not enough gears and hardwares.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Change2015(m): 12:51am On Jan 06, 2015
Guidette:

GMB 2015.

I was gobsmacked at his ludicrous comments! Soldiers giving their lives daily and he can sit and sneer, while trying to deflect responsibility from the commander in chief. Even the apc is calling for a more robust response to boko haram, but the pdp government is still playing politics with the soldiers lives and Nigeria's territory. Why must soldiers have any complaints at this time of national emergency? The testimony at the court martial betrays the fact that the chain of command in the army is corrupt and the troops can see and feel the effects. Even over this one issue, Jonathan has to go.

#change

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by LRNZH(m): 1:51am On Jan 06, 2015
iterator24:
listen to yourself;

you're the ones that claim the nigerian army is ill-equipped
you're the ones that claim boko haram captures Nigerian army equipments.

I'm confused ..

tell us, what's your motive? you be CIA?

You lack context and dare quote me.
Start from the OP and read through this thread again.

People like you make us want to use expletives for your inability to do due diligence. Where did you read me refer to Boko Haram capturing Army ordnance?

400 frog jumps for mis yawning
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by tit(f): 2:12am On Jan 06, 2015
i happen to have watched "Black hawk down" yesterday.
I could not help comparing the marines and rangers to NA soldiers.
They mostly had assault rifles, lmgs and acquited themselves well against an enemy that had overwhelimng numbers, poor training, technicals and rpgs.

My big question, to the yanks, is why ever send out soldiers in humvees and light armour when you have ifvs?

the twitter account is fake. the "soldier" is reporting as a 4th of 5th person.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by ResourceMan(m): 2:47am On Jan 06, 2015
Henry120:

Sweery, you say our troops are underequipped

Henry it amazes me that you have the time to educate some dark souls who deliberately chooses to kill the fact on its head. To make matters worse they shamelessly tag those N.A equipments as pics from other countries.
Henry, please allow the ignorant and ugly to wallow in their utter cluelessness.
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 06, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Girl, Henry is an officer of the NA.
and so what? he is an animal disguising as a human. I hate that guy with passion!

*spits on him*
Re: Nigerian Soldier On Twitter Complains Over Poor Welfare And Weapons by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2015
obayaya:

You are picking on the wrong guy on a wrong thread..

Henry120 has military background.... tongue

This your fake love will for Buhari will consume you until you won't be able to locate your certificate cheesy
help me tell the fool.Gmb suporterz are stack ilitrates and anoyn set of people.blind lyk bats and lie pas devil.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Igbo Traders Yorubas Often Neglect. / Images From 2012 Fuel Subsidy Removal Protest Under Jonathan. / Buhari Ashamed To Disclose Ailment, He Won't Return Soon - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.