Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

One Day At The Balogun Market In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / One Day At The Balogun Market In Lagos (1860 Views)

The Burning Of The Demolished Oshodi Market In Lagos State Nigeria - Photos / Another Fire Outbreak At Balogun Market / Fire At Aleshinloye Market In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Day At The Balogun Market In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2008
I had to bear the heat in the congested corridor at #7 Gbajumo Street of the famous Balogun Market in Lagos, Nigeria.
The whole place was filled with goods, traders and shoppers.

There is no bag or footwear you want in this world that you cannot find at the Balogun Market.
This is the Christmas shopping season, so the market is a beehive of activities as traders and shoppers are all over the place. The market was crowdy and rowdy.

I came to meet with two Igbo business women.
Nonye, the fashion designer and trader whose husband is in Japan and Jane the younger trader who travels to and fro Dubai monthly. I gave Nonye a copy of Linda Ikeji's Fashion, Modeling and Beauty (FM&B) magazine before going to Gbajumo Close to see Jane.
We discussed about Dubai before I left.

Balogun Market is as old as Lagos and my beloved mother Gladys Eke always took along whenever she went shopping here before she passed on in 1993. The market was not congested in the 1970s, but the place is choking today.
I saw a lovely baby placed on a cloth on the floor in a shop as I pased through a narrow corridor. The mother must be one of the traders busy selling their imported bags.
Most of the traders are Igbo men and women.
Re: One Day At The Balogun Market In Lagos by simplelady: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2008
we want posts that are educative and informative. your's can not be grouped under any of these. so you have said nothing

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigeria In Gambia (job Opportunities) / Does AnyOne Know Anything About UBA Bank Metropolitan Life Ltd 4sure Program? / Which Small Scale Business,can A Young Graduate Start Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.