Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) (64619 Views)

 Shocking Facts You Don't Know About Yoruba's || Www.naijaram.com / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by jacabi(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Here in Sambisa too undecided
Are you Shekau's brother or Nigerian Soldier? Because I wonder what you're doing in Sambisa.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by AlPicapcI(m): 10:03am On Jan 12, 2015
Ephemmm:

All I see here is big head with fish brain.

but yoruba sabi beg shaa!! sorry i mean borrow. they can borrow anything even spoon & plate.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by elohorayodele: 10:07am On Jan 12, 2015
israeloke4:
u b mumu,she u knw?

Another abusive Yoruba
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by elohorayodele: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2015
hotwax:

Igbos rap.e their mothers.

They can't but abuse.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Sanniebee: 10:18am On Jan 12, 2015
HrtBrkSteve:
I rep Ife!.
The cradle of the yoruba race. Omo Ife ni mi tokantokan
are u serious? Which side are you from?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by omoodeogere(m): 10:24am On Jan 12, 2015
l REP IJEBU REMO
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 12, 2015
am proud to be a yoruba girl
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 12, 2015
Thats why my name is Olusanya
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 12, 2015
Nicepoker:
Permit me to add mine. They r extremely poor in cooking. They shout a lot. Very dirty as well.
that one is in your own pocket. Go kill yourself# proudly yoruba

1 Like

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by macof(m): 11:15am On Jan 12, 2015
alvins4ull:
@PAGAN9JA,I'm very sorry brother, but you've went too far though remember this is not my language and besides do you know my religion?. I don't think you're a real Yoruba by blood.Asi meta lowa;asiwi,asiso ati asigbo,a a ni siso o,Loruko a won iya mi AJIBIKE.But you Bleep up sha.
Shut up. Why should you call Isese idol worshipping...and you call urself Yoruba
Pagan 9ja is right to point that out

Se o siso ati siko be yen ni? Lo so fun Iya yin Ajibike

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Ephemmm: 11:15am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=AlPicapcI post=29718295]

but yoruba sabi beg shaa!! sorry i mean borrow. they can borrow anything even spoon & plate.

For your information, each tribe has its own strengths and weaknesses......

Very ashamed to share citizenship with youths who always place tribe and religion over peace, growth and advancement of our fathers' land.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by kajoula(m): 11:16am On Jan 12, 2015
koolet:
thank God am a yoruba boy (precisely Ekiti) cos our ladies are beautiful and our cultures are tolerable....

.....sincerely, unlike others i could have so hated this thread

prouly yoruba....., Waa Gbaayi

[size=18pt]Waa Gbaayi....Omo Ekiti to ja-fafa .....inyokun oo![/size]
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by alvins4ull(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2015
macof:

Shut up. Why should you call Isese idol worshipping...and you call urself Yoruba
Pagan 9ja is right to point that out

Se o siso ati siko be yen ni? Lo so fun Iya yin Ajibike
.It seems you didn't read response to his post and I could see you didn't practice what you preach yourself."Telejo ba mon ejo e Lebi koye ko pe lori ikunle ni Yoruba wi".A bo o tun gba nkan leyin mabinu ni?Just let it slide okay?.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by kayzeesoft(m): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2015
cramjones:
THEY TALK FROM BOTH SIDES OF THEIR MOUTH LIKE THIS FELLOW: (Not all because I may be Yoruba myself, the man in the picture shows how some of them can be)

-CRAMJONES
This one na omo ale yoruba
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by HrtBrkSteve(m): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2015
Sanniebee:
are u serious? Which side are you from?
Ile-Ife gangan, agboole arogba ni Moore. And u?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by BukkyDan(f): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2015
Before they say I did not represent cry

Proudly Omo Yoruba. From the state of the Aalafins...yeah...Omo Oyo ni mi...omo ile Oba grin

It's just sad I dunno how to speak my language wella cry
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by mufutau55(m): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2015
abbyyzino:
Thank you sir, which part of Saki are you from?

Towobola Quarters, Isale Ola border with Isale Koko.
And you?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Viktoh(m): 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
laykhorn:

Iseyin?? Omo ilu mi leleyiii. Iseyin oro... I no remember the remaining,LOL. How far nao?
oro omo ebedi moko...me gud yu??
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by laykhorn(m): 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Viktoh:
oro omo ebedi moko...me gud yu??
I think thats it. I'm also great. Good to see someone from my origin around.
God Bless
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
alvins4ull:
@PAGAN9JA,I'm very sorry brother, but you've went too far though remember this is not my language and besides do you know my religion?. I don't think you're a real Yoruba by blood.Asi meta lowa;asiwi,asiso ati asigbo,a a ni siso o,Loruko a won iya mi AJIBIKE.But you Bleep up sha.

Before insulting others religion, think twice next time as to what harm has their religion caused to you or your beliefs. What is your language?

Dont you know me? I am not Yoruba.

I am glad you had the decency to apologise though.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mosesm:
Well intentioned article but full of errors. Your total reliance on wikipedia and CIA factBook will not tell the true story.
First, Yoruba population is not around 35 million.
Secondly, while it is a fact that "Even though a good number of Yoruba people practice Christianity" what about Islam adherents! Infact it is a old Yoruba proverb that AIYE LA BA IFA, AIYE LA BA IMOLE, OSAN GANGAN NI IGBAGBO WO ILE DE meaning, While Ifa and Islam are indigeneous christianity is foreign and is an emergent religion. Islam has been in Yoruba land even before the Hausas. Remember Mansa Kankan Musa pilgrimage to Mecca!
On selecton of Oba in Yorubaland, the fact is completely the opposite of your "facts". No Oba is ever selected by an Oba who is in power. That is the duty of the Kingmakers do that.. Infact when women are not legally permitted to vote in US and Europe, women are appointed as Iyalodes a veto power wielding member of the Kingmakers. Some town even appoint women as regents. At the time of absolute monarchy in the West, the Yoruba monarchical system is well advanced with the oyomesi as an independent institution holding the power to dethrone the Oba if there is widesperead discontentment with him.

On the uniqueness of Yorubas pls read on the history of Americas before Columbus

Abeg plz dont embarass yourself here. Mansa Musa was not from Yoruba land. He was Mande from Mali. And islam is as much foreign as christianity, except that it came a bit earlier after the dan fodio missio and possibly in a few areas during the Hausa Bakwai reign.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by macof(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
alvins4ull:
.It seems you didn't read response to his post and I could see you didn't practice what you preach yourself."Telejo ba mon ejo e Lebi koye ko pe lori ikunle ni Yoruba wi".A bo o tun gba nkan leyin mabinu ni?Just let it slide okay?.

Shut up again! Ur response was rubbish
it's only a foolish Jew worshiper or follower of Arab pedophiles that would dare call isese Idol worshipping..don't come here playing the victim...it's pathetic

3 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by abbyyzino(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
mufutau55:

Towobola Quarters, Isale Ola bordering Isale Koko.
And you?
Otun, Baggii family
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by macof(m): 1:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mosesm:
Well intentioned article but full of errors. Your total reliance on wikipedia and CIA factBook will not tell the true story.
First, Yoruba population is not around 35 million.
Secondly, while it is a fact that "Even though a good number of Yoruba people practice Christianity" what about Islam adherents! Infact it is a old Yoruba proverb that AIYE LA BA IFA, AIYE LA BA IMOLE, OSAN GANGAN NI IGBAGBO WO ILE DE meaning, While Ifa and Islam are indigeneous christianity is foreign and is an emergent religion. Islam has been in Yoruba land even before the Hausas. Remember Mansa Kankan Musa pilgrimage to Mecca!
On selecton of Oba in Yorubaland, the fact is completely the opposite of your "facts". No Oba is ever selected by an Oba who is in power. That is the duty of the Kingmakers do that.. Infact when women are not legally permitted to vote in US and Europe, women are appointed as Iyalodes a veto power wielding member of the Kingmakers. Some town even appoint women as regents. At the time of absolute monarchy in the West, the Yoruba monarchical system is well advanced with the oyomesi as an independent institution holding the power to dethrone the Oba if there is widesperead discontentment with him.

On the uniqueness of Yorubas pls read on the history of Americas before Columbus

what rubbish is this one posting? Islam indigenous Mohammed was from ijebu-ode abi?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by macof(m): 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
myouri:
Kwara is @ d north-central zone..don't know if it could be called Yoruba land tho cuz there are lotta Hausas and Fulanis aswell.

Anyways..#Proudly Kwara Yoruba grin abbi #Proudly Northern Yoruba cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

What town in kwara?
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by kennysbst(m): 1:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
Am happy to say my mum is frm Aguna kumasi Ghana.while my pman is boldly ibadan ma ja ja to fi ko ara waju leeru.with confirm ILA leeke.

The beauty of yoruba lays in their proverbs even b4 civilisation comes in eg laala to roke, ile lobo.that the law of gravity.what so ever goes up must surely comes down.

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the youngest king in yoruba kingdom,the king of oyotunji south Carolina united state of America.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by OMA4U(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
I'm proud to be Yoruba. A true son of Egba soil.

God bless Yoruba.
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by alvins4ull(m): 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
macof:

it's only a foolish Jew worshiper or follower of Arab pedophiles that would dare call isese Idol worshipping..don't come here playing the victim...it's pathetic
Ouch that hurts men,well I would've have said you're "DAFT"but I wouldn't want to use that world.And I don't have to be play victim for what happened, okay?.It seems you're here to "ATTACK",wish means there's no forgiveness in your beliefs I pity your friends.Calling people names is not my hubby and I'm not "BUILT"that way,lolz Or do you want me to say sorry to you also "no way".It left to you anyways
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by alvins4ull(m): 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
macof:

Ouch that hurts men,well I would've have said you're "DAFT"but I wouldn't want to use that word.And I don't have to be play victim for what happened, okay?.It seems you're here to "ATTACK",wish means there's no forgiveness in your beliefs I pity your friends.Calling people names is not my hubby and I'm not "BUILT"that way,lolz Or do you want me to say sorry to you also "no way".It left to you anyways,ATTTAAACCCKKK.#pathetic#my#ass#
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Wyclefniranz(m): 2:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
Mekymuo:
1.Most cowardly people in the world.
2.They can't stand for anything
3.They are never straightforward.
4.They are dirty.
5. Their women are ugly and dirty. Still, they form a lot.
6.They are very lazy.
7.They have big ugly tribal marks.
8.They smell alot.
9.They party a lot.
what's dis one saying self ............proudly yoruba, proudly ogbomoso
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by Wyclefniranz(m): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
alvins4ull:
Ouch that hurts men,well I would've have said you're "DAFT"but I wouldn't want to use that world.And I don't have to be play victim for what happened, okay?.It seems you're here to "ATTACK",wish means there's no forgiveness in your beliefs I pity your friends.Calling people names is not my hubby and I'm not "BUILT"that way,lolz Or do you want me to say sorry to you also "no way".It left to you anyways,ATTTAAACCCKKK.#pathetic#my#ass#
that world?.......good,don't use that world pls
Re: 5 Notable Facts About Yoruba People (àwon Ómó Yorùbá) by kennysbst(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
Omooluyole OMO ilu Olaniun the first millionian in naija.ask ur government and history teacher.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma / Wuraola And Ooni Ogunwusi Attend An Event Together (Photos) / Alaafin’s Wife Olori Kafayat Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.