Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People (65528 Views)

Important Drums Of The Yoruba People / 5 Interesting Things About The Yoruba People / 15 Common Misconceptions About Yoruba People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 10:08am On Dec 31, 2015
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this cheesy cheesy

Blaine Harden :
"The saving grace in Nigeria's religious split is the Yoruba. The tribe serves as a kind of religious buffer, noisy but not explosive. As much as they relish escalating an inconsequential disagreement into a full-blown screaming match, the Yoruba are not inclined to die in the name of either Christ or Mohammed. They were a most reluctant participant in the Biafra war. Yoruba Muslims enjoy their beer; Yoruba Christians set no record for church attendanceā€¦
http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2004/aug/031.html

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/682164417199517696

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by scholes0(m): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2015
Oh Well, what can I say ..... Two points from what the journalist said:

*1- Yorubas are not inclined to die in the name of any religion
*2- They blow inconsequential things out of proportion

Which is True or False?

Click Like if only #1 is correct.
Click Share if both are correct.

106 Likes 270 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nature8(m): 10:15am On Dec 31, 2015
Everything the Journalist said is perfectly correct..

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by okosodo: 10:20am On Dec 31, 2015
What most of us are afraid to say

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2015
who's d white woman? who will translate this to Nigerian english 4 me to understand.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by LarrySun(m): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2015
Was he praising or insulting the Yorubas? The so-called Whiteman can't even write in perfect English expressions. This shows that every race has its shortcomings.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Adesiji77: 10:26am On Dec 31, 2015
LOL cheesy cheesy grin grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Setaje(f): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2015
And before some idiots come to say they are cowards. Remember that before we became one Nigeria, yorubas have fought so many wars within themselves. War is never the answer to any question. Nothing as worthy as dialogue, diplomacy and respect of boundaries.

277 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by fhelihx(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2015
The write-up is blunt. angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Tallesty1(m): 10:28am On Dec 31, 2015
Lols!

Even some northern Muslims enjoy beer.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Adesiji77: 10:29am On Dec 31, 2015
Tallesty1:
Lols!

Even some northern Muslims enjoy beer.

Inside that container.... lipsrsealed cool

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 31, 2015
COWARDICE !

23 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
kaycii1:
COWARDICE !
It isn't cowardice. Yoruba people are just more generally laid back than most people from other ethnic groups

164 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
LarrySun:
Was he praising or insulting the Yorubas? The so-called Whiteman can't even write in perfect English expressions. This shows that every race has its shortcomings.
Lol. Larry, you are more concerned about the man's grammatical dexterity than any other thing. That's why i just love you, because we are so similar cheesy

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

It isn't cowardice. Yoruba people are just more generally laid back than most people from other ethnic groups

therez an atom oF COWARDICE

22 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
scholes0:
The Journalist is right with the part where he says the Yoruba were reluctant participants in the Biafra war, but was wrong on the rest.
I disagree. You should listen to the garage touts to understand that first part. One minute they are discussing in hushed tones, the next, a sreamfest. Lmao!!!

Before anyone accuses me of tribalism, my oldest and closest friend is a Yoruba lady from Ondo state. angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
kaycii1:

therez an atom oF COWARDICE
Define 'cowardice', please.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
LOL.

I knew this Yoruba Muslim from my IT days at NBL. Once we (me and a bunch of other IT students) got talking about drinking and he joined in. I was a little surprised because he struck me as someone who took his faith seriously - his dad was an imam and he prayed regularly.

So I said, "You drink beer?"

He looked at me quizzically and went, "Yes, why? Do I look too young to drink?" I was even more surprised that he couldn't tell straight away that his religion was the reason I was surprised.

When I finally said, "But you're a Muslim", he went, "Oh...that. Mscheew..."

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Define 'cowardice', please.

ok if u dont kno i will help u

COWARDICE: fear or lack of courage!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by scholes0(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

I disagree. You should listen to the garage touts to understand that first part. One minute they are discussing in hushed tones, the next, a sreamfest. Lmao!!!

Before anyone accuses me of tribalism, my oldest and closest friend is a Yoruba lady from Ondo state. angry

Yes, Garage Touts are the right group of people to be used in characterising a group as large as the Yorubas.....
Because Ishilove said so cheesy

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Oildichotomy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Define "laid-back" please?

15 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by uboma(m): 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Adesiji77:
LOL cheesy cheesy grin grin

I admire your sense of humour.

From your moniker, its pretty obvious that you are from the Western part of Nigeria but you took the post lightly unlike others from the same region as you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oildichotomy:
Define "laid-back" please?

Are you done insulting me?

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
Radoillo:
LOL.

I knew this Yoruba Muslim from my IT days at NBL. Once we (me and a bunch of other IT students) got talking about drinking and he joined in. I was a little surprised because he struck me as someone who took his faith seriously - his dad was an imam and he prayed regularly.

So I said, "You drink beer?"

He looked at me quizzically and went, "Yes, why? Do I look too young to drink?" I was even more surprised that he couldn't tell straight away that his religion was the reason I was surprised.

When I finally said, "But you're a Muslim", he went, "Oh...that. Mscheew..."
Lol. No time cheesy

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Oildichotomy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Are you done insulting me?
Yeah, I am done. embarassed Can we just move on to the part where you answer the question please?

Thank You

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Oildichotomy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Lol. Larry, you are more concerned about the man's grammatical dexterity than any other thing. That's why i just love you , because we are so similar cheesy

These love you are sharing! There is God oo

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Oildichotomy:
Yeah, I am done. embarassed Can we just move on to the part where you answer the question please?

Thank You
Not until you apologise for that incendiary comment you posted yesterday. Honestly, I expected better from you and i was so disappointed that you could write such

2 Likes

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Adesiji77: 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
uboma:

I admire your sense of humour.

From your moniker, its pretty obvious that you are from the Western part of Nigeria but you took the post lightly unlike others from the same region as you.

Thanks bro smiley
Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Adesiji77: 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
Ishilove, i sight you wink

1 Like

Re: What A Blaine Harden Wrote About Yoruba People by Ishilove: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Adesiji77:
Ishilove, i sight you wink
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Oba of benin Erediauwa Visit The Ooni Of Ife On His Ascension To The Throne / Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi At Gabriel Igbinedion 85th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.