Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko (26602 Views)

Why Ndi Igbo And Niger Deltans Should Boycott Feb Mega Protest / VIDEO: Why Ndi Igbo Should Not Vote GEJ. An Exposé / Why Jonathan, PDP Are Angry With Jega – Punch Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by ashieduplus(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
petrov10:
anyody can claim to be igbo na today ??

Of course. I do not deny that fact. Same same as you. Who knows if you are really Igbo or even Nigerian.

I have nothing to gain by
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by ashieduplus(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
petrov10:
anyody can claim to be igbo na today ??

Of course. I do not deny that fact. Same same as you. Who knows if you are really Igbo or even Nigerian.
I have nothing to gain by pretending to be what I am not. But let me reiterate.

My name is Azuka. I'm from the south, a Christian. I'm voting Buhari.
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by success9(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Nwanna, u re so matured and a real politician. This ve go me thinking exactly and I believe they know what dey re doing and re gradually telling d pdp dat d boat is changing course. But with what happened during the selection of d vp for APC, dey seem not to ve any clear love for us. APC ve done well in d west and with or without a candidate from dia can fetch up to 60% of dia vote on dia, but dey totally ignored us.
If GEJ wanna get real votes, he should divorce his wife not anyone else. Dat my opinion.

My brother, the truth be told, the Ibos are the most disorganised politically. I was seriously hoping that they lobby for and get the running-mate ticket of the APC at all cost. Amaechi would have been rejected by the Ibos and so would have been Rochas...however, there is an Ngige whom I believe showed no interest. Moreover, those that can actually lobby are few and far between.

More so, no one knows how the Ibos will react... Will it bring sympathy to APC? Hence, the best bet is to solidify the West. But then, I wanted an Ibo vice that will most likely take over after Buhari (if he wins) in 2019/2023.

The Ibos should start thinking outside of their region...make alliances...start having ambitions (something APGA is a failure at). How do they campaign for Jona by the way?

The Ibos should wake up politically, achieve their aims strategically rather than cry foul or try to bully which has not worked for them till date.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by gists: 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
Collynzo9:
You couldn't answer my questions that is why.
You guys always churn out all kinds of theories but when serious questions are asked you run away.
I am sure that my question on the National conference which you brought up must have given you serious headache.
Go home and think about it.
Presidency.... How does it benefit Igbos, how has it benefitted Yorubas, Ijaws, Fulanis? No answer you jumped to state creation.
How has state creation benefitted the north? No reply.
Alliances, how did your alliance with the north help you in the national conference? How many of your specific interests did they support?
No reply.
hahaha, you are a funny dude. why will I run away from you? Because you will flog me or because I leave under your roof? I just don't think its worth my time talking with someone who lives a digital life and thinks there is no gain having no permanent enemy/friend and does who not see any gain with SE getting another state even though that is one of the key agenda of SE at the last conference. And to your question SW did not have any SW-specific agenda. SW went seeking some federal issues like regional autonomy (with which it will be easier to achieve biafra if eventually achieved), state police etc. There was no SW-specific demand unlike most other regions.
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by gists: 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
FKO81:

Sorry you agurment doesn't make sense, so when it's not free and fair APC will rig out PDP that has been in power for 16 yrs. I don't understand what you meant that Emaka that voted for APC in south/west will
Mistakely go to APC, It means you are a leaner sorry for quating.

My argument is based on your theory that since Igbos make up a substantial population of virtually all the regions, it won't be that difficult for gej to win in those regions because of the block votes from igbos.
This 2015 election by the grace of God will be free BUT it will go down in history to be the most scientifically rigged election ever. I fear we may have more votes than registered voters in this election - we have already seen signs of that in some pdp primaries. Do you think only PDP/SE has monopoly of rigging machinery? Yes you are right that pdp controls more states. But apart from SE pdp governors (which are less than 5), how many of the other pdp state governors will actually work for gej this time around? Do you sincerely think other regions will fold their arms and let SE produce another round of 99%, 99.5% votes for gej this time around.

Why is it difficult for you to understand what I said will likely happen to Emeka's vote. I will try to make it simpler for you to comprehend: Even though the population of Igbos may be sizable in all regions (subject of another debate) there is a VERY HIGH CHANCE that Chukwudi's vote for pdp/gej in Ogun; Ikenna's vote for pdp/gej in Kano; Chinelo's vote for pdp/gej in Niger state will all be "mistakenly" counted for GMB as a counter measure to the scientific rigging by PDP and SE as we saw in 2011. and there's nothing you can do about it. Sad and unfair but true.

Omo ti oni iya ohun o ni sun, ohuna ko ni fi oju kan orun
A stubborn child who says his mother will not sleep should be ready to keep vigil all night
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by bot101(m): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
LRNZH:
[b]Ndi Igbo need to spread their bets. Relying on GEJ and PDP alone is hedging their bets on one option alone. If that ship sinks, they go down en masse.

Sticking with GEJ/PDP has killed APGA. They should have joined APC during the coalition and had a say in choosing positions within APC.
The worst part is the Igbos are encouraging the tagging of GEJ's presidency as an Igbo one. The implications are profound- no Igbo Presidency again after GEJ until it goes round all other geopolitical zones. This is extremely foolish by all standards.

If GMB wins, which is likely, the Igbos may have politically checkmated themselves by sticking to GEJ/PDP.
GMB needs SE votes as much as they need him and APC.
I suggest Ohanaeze or APGA gets into some secret understanding with GMB and APC for this elections.
Thats a sure banker presidency for GMB with about 45 million SE votes.
This way they get something meaningful out of all these.

Edit: SE has ~7 Million Eligible Voters not 45 Million. Na typo. grin

GMB 2015 On Course. [/b]
you are right about the se eligible voters, but think about which ethnic group makes up the largest number of immigrants in almost any state in nigeria.
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by jpphilips(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Continue to dream on dude.GEJ is already APGA's presidential candidate so no need hoping on any mumu deal.

What did Buhari do for the igbos during his first spell in office? Is it keeping shagari under house arrest and locking up Ekwueme and Ojukwu in jail?

How come the north in their decades of rule not deem it fit to build any international airport in the east or make any igbo man coas? You want us to join Buhari and Tinubu's private project and end up been used and dumped like Amaechi

Jonathan did not Build you any international airport, you are either blind, dumb or both, Jonathan Upgraded Akanuibiam airport built by a northerner, The upgrade project was initiated by Yaradua but completed with Jonathan.

read about it here to tame your buffoonery

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/akanu-ibiam-international-airport/

After the upgrade, you are not ashamed Jonathan relies on ordinary Ethiopia for service flights. I know you are dumb, never knew shameless was on the list too.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by jpphilips(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Thank you for reminding me that he is a kidnapper,another reason not to vote for him

Sure he will kidnap your father if he misappropriates public funds
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by petrov10: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
ashieduplus:

I have nothing to gain by pretending to be what I am not. But let me reiterate.

My name is Azuka. I'm from the south, a Christian. I'm voting Buhari.
of course your name is azuka. Na today :\

No igbo person is votting for buhari. Be who you want to be stop bothering me azuka

1 Like

Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by sCun: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2015
success9:

My brother, the truth be told, the Ibos are the most disorganised politically. I was seriously hoping that they lobby for and get the running-mate ticket of the APC at all cost. Amaechi would have been rejected by the Ibos and so would have been Rochas...however, there is an Ngige whom I believe showed no interest. Moreover, those that can actually lobby are few and far between.

More so, no one knows how the Ibos will react... Will it bring sympathy to APC? Hence, the best bet is to solidify the West. But then, I wanted an Ibo vice that will most likely take over after Buhari (if he wins) in 2019/2023.

The Ibos should start thinking outside of their region...make alliances...start having ambitions (something APGA is a failure at). How do they campaign for Jona by the way?

The Ibos should wake up politically, achieve their aims strategically rather than cry foul or try to bully which has not worked for them till date.
Yorubas always giving advice to the Igbos lol.
It is beginning to look like you guys need an Igbo President more than even Igbos themselves.
Be rest assured, you cannot blackmail Igbos into voting Buhari with all these yeye permutations.
The same guys that always accuse Igbos of tribalism are always the first to talk about Igbo President.
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
LRNZH:

Next thing you will imply is that GMB and Dora Akunyili were committing adultery.

Mtscheeeew

Sacarsm...Arrow... Sorry that's butt reasoning
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by lastpage: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
princemillla:
Be Informed! This is the total number of eligible voters in each Six Geopolitical Zone in Nigeria by INEC
SOUTH EAST:
Abia 1,481,191
Anambra 1,758,220
Enugu 1,301,185
Imo 1,611,715
Ebonyi 876,249
TOTAL = 7,028,560
------------------------------------------------------------------SOUTH WEST:
Lagos 6,247,845
Ogun 1,869,326
Osun 1,293,967
Ondo 1,558,975
Ekiti 750,753
Oyo 2,577,490
TOTAL=14,298,356
------------------------------------------------------------------SOUTH SOUTH:
Edo 1,412;225
Delta 1,900,055
Bayelsa 472,389
Akwa Ibom 1,714,781
RIvers 2,419,057
C/Rivers 1,018,550
TOTAL 8,937,057
------------------------------------------------------------------NORTH CENTRAL:
Benue 1,415,162
Kogi 1,215,405
Kwara 1,115,665
Nassarawa 1,224,206
Niger 721,478
Plateau 1,983,453
TOTAL 7,675,369
------------------------------------------------------------------NORTH EAST:
Adamawa 1,714,860
Bauchi 1,835,562
Borno 2,730,368
Gombe 1,266,993
Taraba 1,308,106
Yobe 1,182,230
TOTAL 10,038,119
------------------------------------------------------------------NORTH WEST:
Jigawa 1,852,698
Kano 5,135,415
Katsina 2,931,668
Kaduna 3,565,762
Kebbi 1,603,468
Sokoto 2,065,508
Zamfara 1,746,024
TOTAL 18,900,543
------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at this figures, I can see victory already for the APC candidate.......

These figures are as UNTRUSTWORTHY as the Census figures!
You telling me the North has over 35million voters while the rest of the country (East, West and South) has under 30Million Voters?

Those Northern Goats and Cows are counted as "voters" as well, right?
INEC and Population Census is a charade!

Lastpage!
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by lastpage: 4:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Funny the Igbos are realizing this, less than FOUR WEEKS to election day!

But we have been analyzing this thing for over one year now!
I remember doing an analysis almost a year ago where l pointed out how the Igbo are shooting themselves in the foot, by "hating on Yorubas" and how their position cannot guarrantee Ebele Azikiwe, a re-election!

Then they were boasting and chest-thumping!
Now reality is hitting home, right?

Well, better late than never. Jonathan was a disaster. Jump ship NOW or sink back to Otuoke with him. Choice is yours wink.
Even Bayelsa is disowning him!

Anything other than Jonathan would do. He made Buhari "sellable" because l will ordinarily not queue behind a 73yr old man, be he Yoruba, or Igbo or Hausa!

Can we make Buhari do/sign an undertaking that he would not "squander the goodwill of the people" who are rooting for him now (Islamization, Ethnicity, Freedom of the Press, Corruption issues, e.t.c) ....just like GEJ squandered the Goodwill of the Yorubas... and probably that of the Igbos as well?

Lastpage!
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by emilaiyemi: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
patriotic007:
I THOUGHT APC SUPPORTERS SAID IGBOS ARE NOT RELEVANT.........SO WHY THE SUDDEN PANIC AND FUSE ABOUT IGBO VOTES.....NOW ELECTIONS ARE CLOSE THEY ARE RUNNING FROM PILLER TO POST TRYING TO GET VOTES OF THE SO CALLED POLITICAL DISADVANTAGED PEOPLE........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........IGBOS WILL VOTE FOR GEJ WHERE EVER THEY ARE IN NIGERIA BECAUSE IF EVER IGBO CAN EVER RULE NIGERIA IT WILL BE THROUGH GEJ.....GEJ HAS RECOGNISED INDIGBO LIKE NO OTHER LEADER IN NIGERIAN HISTORY.....COAS WAS GIVEN TO IGBO IN HIS REGIME FIRST TIME SINCE THE END OF THE CIVIL WAR AND IGBO ARE POWERFUL MEMBERS OF HIS CABINET......HE HAS EMBARKED UPON MANY PROJECT IN INDIGBO LAND(AIRPORTS ROADS BRIDGES NAME IT ).......THE TRUTH IS THAT PDP AND GEJ HAVE A GOOD BASE IN ALL 6 GEOPOLITICAL ZONES AND THAT WILL COUNT......UNLIKE APC WHO IS ARE RELYING ON NE NW AND SW ALONE TO WIN NATION WIDE ELECTIONS WHEN THEY ARE NOT EVEN SURE OF WINNING GEJ IN THESE REGIONS TALKLESS OF SS SE NC

"Fuse" should be fuss. "Piller" should be pillar.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by angelsing(m): 5:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
mazzi:
This one na wast of time.tomorrow apc will pay another Person to conclude it by saying 'why igbos will vote buhari'.okorocha tried convincing igbos to dump jonathan,today he is struggling to return as a governor.APC,pls forget abt igbo votes its already in Gej's pocket.no amount of propaganda will make an average igboman vote buhari.if u doubt come down east and see for ursef
My brother never rule out the power of campaign, all they need to divide the vote is a known igbo man with reputation to convince them while its ideal to vote for buhari and see how easy some peoples conviction will quickly change...Everything its in the mindset, once that can be altered their vote will change
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by badesco(m): 6:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
The Ndi Igbo cannot determine Nigerians Election, so they are free to vote for whom ever they like. As for Presidency seat, they should wait for another 20 years, thereafter,they may be lucky then.
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Bloody COWARDS!

Get off the fence....bloody harlots! They are getting ready to jump fence and betray their contract with Asari and Gej on the SS/SE Coalition.

You want o come now and join the party of cow herders and amala eaters. Buhari and Osinbajo do not need you.
freaks!! angry angry

and who told u that ndigbo will vote for dictator buhari. U shallow brain. There are other candidates too my friend.
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by Neplusultra(f): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2015
People still carry tribalism and hate in deir heart dis nrw year? Ok oo!! Continue. ....but still doesnt change d fact dat....... Igbo Amaka!!!! kiss kiss
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by aresa: 7:00pm On Jan 06, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Bloody COWARDS!

Get off the fence....bloody harlots! They are getting ready to jump fence and betray their contract with Asari and Gej on the SS/SE Coalition.

You want o come now and join the party of cow herders and amala eaters. Buhari and Osinbajo do not need you.

freaks!! angry angry

The clowns who are Jonathan’s arrowhead in Igboland are busy offending everybody by their arrogance

At least they got that part right.

They are reaping what they sow..
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by Neplusultra(f): 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2015
Eluwilussit:

You are right in everyway. Everything u said is true. Though I still wonder why we Nigerians are so obsessed with tribal politics. Should it matter where the president comes from? Why can't we vote for the best man for the job? Naija matter no be here o.
Seriously, I dont just get people wont let igbos be,yes! Dey are wise and so what angry
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by Neplusultra(f): 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
sCun:

It is beginning to look like you guys need an Igbo President more than even Igbos themselves.
Be rest assured, you cannot blackmail Igbos into voting Buhari with all these yeye permutations.
The same guys that always accuse Igbos of tribalism are always the first to talk about Igbo President.
Seriously, d whole tin is funny!!! Igbos dis, Igbos dat! Yet dey wont fail to flood d thread dat has to do with Igbos! Onye ana ekwu nwe ife o na eme! Igbo Amaka!!! kiss
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by success9(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
sCun:

You can call me a Yoruba because I was born in the West.., I still live in the West but by blood, I'm from the SS. And mind you, I've not asked you to vote GMB...you are at liberty to vote who you will. What you quoted are just my thoughts on Ibo politics...and trust me, it won't do me a thing if an Ibo never becomes president
Re: 2015: Why Ndi Igbo Are Angry With Jonathan – Uko by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
chukwudi44:

Continue to dream on dude.GEJ is already APGA's presidential candidate so no need hoping on any mumu deal.

What did Buhari do for the igbos during his first spell in office? Is it keeping shagari under house arrest and locking up Ekwueme and Ojukwu in jail?

How come the north in their decades of rule not deem it fit to build any international airport in the east or make any igbo man coas? You want us to join Buhari and Tinubu's private project and end up been used and dumped like Amaechi
Which of the ojukwu,is it d coward who ran to ivory-coast after he lost d civil war or which ojukwu again. B4 u type,pls get ur facts correctly. Dummy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Union Blasts FG Over Aba Cobblers’ Military Contract / Emmanuel Udom And Akpabio Visit Super Eagles / "Buhari Will Win 2019 Elections" - Kachikwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.