Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Love The One With You - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love The One With You (1026 Views)

Love The Bird Sings / Love The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love The One With You by pweetiedee(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
It was a two weeks to our wedding. I was going to get married to the love of my life, Ayo. Sweet Ayo, my loving, kind hearted Ayo, patient and caring, funny and easy going...I was smiling while i thought about him, how we started dating and how happy I have been since we met.
I was sitting at our favourite spot at our favourite restaurant. I just spoke with the event planner over the phone. She said everything was going fine. Lola, my best friend and Ayo's sister recommended the event planner, she told me he is competent, that i didn't have to worry. She was right, he is doing a good job.
   Lola is my best friend, a sister from another mother and Ayo's sister. She didn't match make us, it just happened. It happened six months after i broke up with Tunji, my ex boyfriend. Tunji, tall dark and handsome. Successful Tunji, a ladies man. Tunji, whom i fell helplessly in love with. I was twenty, and in my second year in the University, Lola and I. Tunji works in an oil company. We started dating and it was so sweet from the beginning, my friends were jealous, they wished they were in my shoes, and they used to tell me i was so lucky and advised me to do everything to keep him. But Lola never really liked him, she said he was cool but she didn't like how i spent 98% of my time with him. I thought she was jealous of him.
    Tunji changed after a few months. I noticed he started spending less time with me, he stopped calling thrice a day, we only chatted once in a while. I was sad, i called his attention to it, he ignored me and said it was nothing, that i was just imagining things. Tunji stopped telling me how beautiful i was, he stopped noticing my hairdos and outfits. Tunji even told me one day that we were not a couple, that we were just friends. I couldn't believe it, i was so hurt but i didn't break up. I finally let go on my birthday. He forgot my birthday and when I confronted him, he said " Baby, its just a birthday, Its no big deal, forget it, Happy birthday. Call you later, bye". And that was that. Just like that. "this guy isn't the best for you, I never liked him, I just never liked him! why does he treat you this way?" Lola was fuming with anger, I saw tears in her eyes. "you just have to let him go" she said. And I did. Six months later. When I spent my christmas holiday with Lola's family, Ayo asked me out. Lola's brother asked me out.
   Sitting at our favourite spot at our favourite restaurant, I let my mind drift to the night Ayo proposed to me, he had pretended to drop his wallet so that he could, in what clearly had been a much-rehearsed maneuver, retrieve it and appear on bended knee." I love you, pls marry me" he said, I could see the love in his eyes. I said yes. And here I am, sitting on the same spot, smiling all alone. Wishing Ayo was here, but he had gone on a business trip.
And that was when I heard his voice. His voice was even deeper than i remembered. "can I have a bottle of yoghurt please?" It was him, I wasn't mistaken, It was Tunji, my ex.

1 Like

Re: Love The One With You by lanicky(f): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
The writeup lacks space and paragraph.

Nice story tho....keep it up.
Re: Love The One With You by pweetiedee(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
lanicky:
The writeup lacks space and paragraph.

Nice story tho....keep it up.
thanks, d fone is fucking up. next one will be better, aw use a better fone.
Re: Love The One With You by stuff46(m): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
make i just manage regular section for now, the story looks promising.

Btw i never analyse yur work tho. Just add like 3updates we will get started from there.
Onemansquad show
Re: Love The One With You by Onemansquad(m): 5:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
stuff46:
make i just manage regular section for now, the story looks promising.

Btw i never analyse yur work tho. Just add like 3updates we will get started from there.
Onemansquad show
nawa oo i jst dy receive mention dy folow threads bt i neva fit read d stories
Re: Love The One With You by pweetiedee(m): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Tunji looked as handsome as ever. I quickly took a good look at him, his shoulder now broader than before, his eyes still sexy, and his lips...oh! I knew I had to leave. I stood up, paid the waiter and started to leave. "is that really you?" he had seen me. I pretended not to hear when he called my name " Temitayo" a shiver ran down my spine. I used to love it when he called me by my full name. I looked around "hey, how are you? wow! Tunji" was all i could say. I don't knw how my voice sounded, but I knew it didn't sound like me.
We were sitting opposite each other, he was staring at me with his eyes wide and mouth slightly open. I surprisingly liked it. " You look so good. You have changed. You have more curves now, wow! Tayo" he said still looking. " Thanks" I managed to say calmly. "I'm sorry" he said "for what?" "everything, I mean it" he said holding my hand, and that was when he saw the ring on my finger. "Are you...?" "yes, I'm engaged. I'm getting married in two weeks" I said, proudly showing off my ring. "oh" he said coolly " congrats" I didn't say anything. I just smiled. After talking for sometime, he said "maybe if Lola had allowed me to see you that day, we would be engaged by now" "What are you talking about? You came back for me? Lola didn't tell me" I was hurt and angry. How could Lola keep such from me? Why is she so selfish? " I came back looking for you. She told me you have moved on. She threw the bunch of flower I bought away and told me never to come back. I left town the next day. But it doesn't matter now". I couldn't say anything, I just looked at him. " What do you say? we are friends now? can I have your contact? Or do you still have the same number?" he asked "yes, you can call me".
As I walked out of the eatery and drove back home, I realised Lola had purposely kept Tunji away from me, she didn't like him, she is so selfish and wanted me only for herself. "How could she?" I asked my sister, Oyin over the phone when I got home "she is selfish" I shouted " Take it easy, Tayo. She meant well. Tunji was a disease. Just let it go" she said.
I knew I wasn't letting it go when Tunji called later that night and invited me to dinner with him the next night. And I looked forward to it.

(1) (Reply)

Help A Brother! How Can I Improve My Oral Articulation? / He Looked Just Like Him! / Until I Met You - Episode Finale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.