Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? (1062 Views)

Not Many Know That Fuel Is Still Sold @n120/ltr / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / #FuelScarcity: How Much Is Petrol Sold In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Gallass(m): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2015
Before now, PMS (petrol) was sold between 97-100 naira per litre.
Local demand for petrol is majorly sourced from overseas and supplemented with locally refined crude .
Having said that, I still believe that since the price of crude has gone down, the price of petrol in Nigeria is also supposed to go down. Experts in the house, please I need clarifications.
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by DesChyko: 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
As long as we don't have a refinery here in Nigeria, the producers, importers and marketers will continue to rip us off pricewise and litrewise.

By the way, I thought Dangote has reduced the price of cement to ₦1,000??
I bought some for ₦1,950 yesterday in Owerri town and it's been how many months since the announcement?
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by hazvat(f): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
I tired oo. Help us ask the gele woman cos na she gangan be 9ja president. Jonathan just a tomboy for her.
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by shadelek(m): 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Coz the government we voted for don't care about us. They are concerned with themselves and their families
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
A litre was sold 4$ in America now is sold 2.23$ Jonathan is took confused. He was never prepared for this job at all
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by saintopus(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
When the government said in 2012 that they are deregulating the Petroleum downstream sector of which it involves removal of the useless subsidy, "People rushed to occupy Ojota, and Abuja ". If they had removed the subsidy then, we will be enjoying now. You cant eat your cake and have it!!!
"Abi are you guys planning to hit the road again to occupy PH, this time? "

1 Like

Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Tundenoni(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
jonah..daft days are numbered.....

the messiah is around

even without birth cert. buhari is my choice

quote me and pay with the visitation of shopona(the god of measles)
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by eph12(m): 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
studio14:
A litre was sold 4$ in America now is sold 2.23$ Jonathan is took confused. He was never prepared for this job at all
About #425/litre in the US? Wow!
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
eph12:

No I said it was 4$ but it was reduced to $2.23cent, it was reduced because of falling oil market.
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by eph12(m): 3:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
studio14:
No I said it was 4$ but it was reduced to $2.23cent, it was
reduced because of falling oil market.
And that amount in Naira is?
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
eph12:

And that amount in Naira is?
you don't do business like that, you can get job easily in America, but in Nigeria where do you see the money to spend, if there are available jobs ehhhhhn, but when there's not you don't compare like that.
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Kzinne: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
studio14:
Too many illiterates on nairaland. Its per gallon and not per litre.
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
Kzinne:
guy I know is gallon cos I bought over and over again
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Flets: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nigerians are illiterates.

How much is refined fuel in the international market where importers buy?
What did they do when the attempt to deregulate the downstream sector was made through subsidy removal?
Which Investor will invest in refinery when subsidy is paid to importers?

Simply put..... you cant eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
Kzinne:
calculate it per gallon and convert it per litre you know Nigeria is paying higher now who's illiterate
Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
studio14:

eph12:

He made a mistake.

Gas is sold per Gallon in the US and 1 gallon is approximately 4 litres

In my own state Gas is below $2 per Gallon that means less than N400 for 4 liters

1 Like

Re: Fall In Crude Oil Price: Why Is Petrol Still Sold At #97/litre? by Gallass(m): 11:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
raumdeuter:

He made a mistake.

Gas is sold per Gallon in the US and 1 gallon is approximately 4 litres

In my own state Gas is below $2 per Gallon that means less than N750 for 4 liters
it is becoming increasingly likely that I will do an MBAKA-esque U turn.
vote GMB
vote APC

(1) (Reply)

Massive Crowd At APC Rally In President Jonathan Home, Bayelsa (PHOTOS) / El-rufai Kneels For APC National Execs In Kaduna - WTF? / 2015 Election: Has Any Prophet Prophesied That Buhari Will Win?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.