Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec (558 Views)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC / Suit Seeking To Disqualify Buhari Adjourned To Wednesday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by blemon44(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
[b]Nigeria’s electoral umpire, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has declared that only the courts have the powers to disqualify a former Head of State and Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), from contesting the 2015 general elections.
INEC said it was yet to receive any petition against President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party, Buhari or any other presidential candidates, more than seven days after displaying their particulars.
The Director of Voter Education and Publicity in INEC, Mr. Oluwole Osaze-Uzzi, told Punch that the commission could not go beyond its constitutional powers.
“What do you want INEC to do? INEC cannot disqualify anybody and there is nothing we can do. We don’t have any power to disqualify him.He didn’t bring it (certificates) and so there is nothing INEC can do. INEC cannot disqualify him and cannot remove his name. It is only the courts that can disqualify him, if they feel there is something wrong that he has done. I am not aware of any (petition); none that I am aware of for now. I am not aware of any (petition). I am not aware of any so far,” Osaze-Uzzi said.
Recall that Buhari had in an affidavit, which he deposed to at a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, stated that all his academic credentials were with the Secretary, Military Board. (Mean while Nigerian Army has denied having anything called "Secretary" of Military Board).
The affidavit deposed to at the FCT High Court and dated November 24, 2014, was stamped and received by INEC on December 18, 2014.
“All my academic qualifications documents as filled in my presidential form, President APC/001/2015 are currently with the Secretary, Military Board as of the time of this affidavit. The affidavit is made in good faith and for record purpose”, Buhari stated.
However, the Nigerian Army had said it would readily release credentials and certificates in its custody to serving and retired when needed.[/b]
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by LuckyLadolce(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
grin
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by san316(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2015
Are we still talking about this?

#thingsMustChange
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by Baawaa(m): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
Where are they the JonaTAN
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by dapsoneh: 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
Whtever they do, buhari is the president come feb insha allah!
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by Mancity26(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
My WAEC is not for sale..stop calling me. So u no get certificate all this time nd u no talk?
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by DesChyko: 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
If it was unimportant, why did INEC make a meal of it?
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by zimoni(f): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
How about photocopies?

He doesn't have photocopies too?

I'm only happy that they didn't disqualify him.

I'd thought Jonah was going to contest against himself.

Let the best win out of the two foolz.
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by blemon44(m): 5:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
dapsoneh:
Whtever they do, buhari is the president come feb insha allah!

After you go put him there insha allah
Re: Only The Court Can Disqualify Buhari From Contesting In 2015 Elections.- Inec by oiseworld: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
we don't need the court to disqualify him, he is not qualified ! simple.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Spent All His Years In Government As A Corrupt Leader-afenifere / Baga: We Can’t Bury Our Dead —district Head On January 11, 2015 / Jonathan Deserves Another Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.