Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians (998 Views)

Boko Haram: Buhari Vows To Find Missing Chibok Girls / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. / Fear Grips Politicians As Buhari Vows To Clean NNPC “mess” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by Ayekotoo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Major-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has assured Nigerians that all corrupt politicians will end up in jail once he is elected into power.
Buhari, who gave the assurance on Tuesday
during the APC rally and the presentation of the
party’s flag to Umana Umana as its
governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State in
Uyo, said he would block all loopholes through
which money was being siphoned out of the
country.
“When we come into power, anyone who steals
Nigeria’s money will end up in Kirikiri Maximum
Prisons. We are going to make sure that
Nigeria’s wealth belongs only to Nigerians,” he
said.
He decried the nation’s over-dependence on
oil, saying the country would not have faced
the current economic downturn if the country
had invested in agriculture.
According to Buhari, Nigeria used to export tin
and columbite, but all of a sudden stopped
producing and exporting these minerals with
the hope that the country has oil.
On the power sector, Buhari stated that many
industries had shut down operation because of
epileptic power supply, adding that Nigerian
producers were unable to compete in
international market because of huge cost of
generating power.
Buhari, a former Head of State, assured
Nigerians that his government would create
over three million jobs yearly to take care of
the teeming youths, who are unemployed.
Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, who
is also the Director General, Muhammadu
Buhari Campaign Organisation, said he was
ashamed to read on the pages of newspapers a
claim by the Peoples Democratic Party that
things had continued to improve in Nigeria from
He added that governors decided that the
excess crude fund be shared, when the
governors noticed that the account continued to
deplete each passing month.
Amaechi said, “I was ashamed to read on the
pages of newspapers where PDP said things
had improved from 2011 till now.
“Oil price used to be between $120 and $145
before now. Our savings used to be between
$45 and $46bn. We had over $10bn to $20bn in
excess crude. The reason why the governors
asked that excess crude money be shared was
that after each meeting we had, if the money
was $10bn, before we come back for another
meeting, it would be $8bn. Who has taken the
$2bn? We did not know.
“When we discovered that our money was
being taken away with reckless abandon
without accounting, it was then we asked, ‘Oga,
please share this money. You are not a bank,
and if it were a bank, they would add more to
the money’.
“During (the late President Umaru) Yar’Adua
and (a former President Olusegun) Obasanjo,
oil subsidy used to be N300bn, but under our
current president, it is N2.3trn and over.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vows-to-jail-corrupt-politicians/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by Ayekotoo(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2015
In this present dispensation, corruption is rewarded and celebrated, it is even an offence for u not to be corrupt. Our dear president killed ICPC and EFCC. In the last 6 years, can anyone tell me anyone that has been investigated and prosecuted due to corruption offences?
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by siegfried99(m): 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by Ayekotoo(m): 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Yes there must be rule of law and other. The finger that err must be made to face the music. People don’t dare steal transformers and cables that belong to the
public and come back to sell same to the public again. A country where an individual or group of officials will pocket pensioners claims and no serious action follow to serve as a deterrent to others. Just to mention
some of the vices beclouding the nation. Judgement is at hand. What goes up must come down. Enough is enough.
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by mizkeleke(f): 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
He should make plans of going to jail then.

BTW All Politicians are CORRUPT people.
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by jaso1(m): 11:55pm On Jan 06, 2015
This is the right man and a very choice for Nigerians. By the. Grace of Almighty God you will be Nigeria president by 2015 and almighty God will be with you.
You're the only one to make the change presently and merciful God will place you there to rescue the pooor!
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by jmoore(m): 12:00am On Jan 07, 2015
Start with
1- Tinubu
2- T.A. Orji
3- Rotimi Amaechi

etc

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:09am On Jan 07, 2015
So sad, GEJ lost my support d very day he told Nigerians that oil subsidy increased frm 300 billion to 2.3 trillion in jst a year....dat man really loot dis country. Funny enough he only made his cabal more richer and his own detriment.

Truth be told, he's not qualify to earn d votes of Nigerians at all...OBJ govt is better than him. My electricity bill has not doubled even wit me spending most of d week at work. It sucks
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by kendrick9(m): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2015
the only one who needs to be in jail is him for his alleged involvement with boko haram
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by arsetalks(m): 12:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Hence he will have my vote. I pity GEJ. I just hope and pray he is smart enough to start renovating the prisons. He may be doing himself a lot of good by doing so.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by Plus10(m): 1:02am On Jan 07, 2015
I don't believe in ferry tales..start by disassociating yourself from the likes of tinubu,ameachi,rochase,atiku...then I would know if you really mean business!
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by DonaldGenes(m): 1:11am On Jan 07, 2015
Yes, this is kinda words we yearned to hear for a very long time- I think Buhari really mean Biz

Meanwhile, iDon't understand why Saudi Arabia is still obstinate in cutting oil production supply. And now, the crude oil is still trickling down as some posits should be down to $40
Re: Buhari Vows To Jail Corrupt Politicians by menesheh(m): 1:15am On Jan 07, 2015
Illiterate talking trash

You cant win and you can't bring militaryness to nigeria again

He felt that Democratic government is like military government where you can easily command or jail with impunity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Discovered A’ibom PDP Gov Candidate –akpabio / Queen Elizabeth II Now World’s Oldest Monarch / Is This Just A Graphic PIC Or Gej's'inner Sef?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.