Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:39 PM

Buhari And Chartered Planes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Chartered Planes (3984 Views)

Trump To Sell Attack Planes To Nigeria For Boko Haram Fight / Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / Zahra Buhari And Her Husband Celebrate With Osinbajo On His 60th Birthday.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Buhari And Chartered Planes by toluxa1(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2015
LRNZH:

I knew you were dumb for starting this thread and I baited you again.
Read this independent source (if you can that is)

https://www.nairaland.com/376036/unbelievable-ex-nigerian-presidents-gets

You will see where 250M per annum is quoted as ex president salaries before it was raised to close to N300M.

Your case is worse than Mr. Clueless' himslelf.
You took my bait. Another TANoid bites the dust grin grin

LRNZH:

Are you satisfied?

No sir, I'm not. Did you even read this thread you posted above. Can you highlight where it states that Past Presidents receive 23 million naira each? Now from your own source let me break it down for you.
Now don't be deceived by the title, the report says...

[size=14pt]The legislature is planning to increase the former leaders' package from N250 million proposed in the 2010 budget to about N2 billion.[/size]

First of all, there is no proof anywhere that this plan was eventually implemented. They were only planning to increase the TOTAL ANNUAL BUDGET from 250million to 2Billion.

Now,

Only seven out of the 12 presidents and heads of states who have ruled the country are still alive. They are Yakubu Gowon (1966-1975), Olusegun Obasanjo (1975-1979 and 1999-2007), Shehu Shagari (1979-1983), Muhammadu Buhari (1983-1985), and Ibrahim Babangida (1985-1993). The others are Ernest Shonekan (Aug 1993-November 17, 1993), and Abdulsalam Abubakar (1998-1999) .

So using the former 250m budget, it means each of them had an ANNUAL pension of about 35.7million naira and a monthly pay of close to 3million naira.

Until you can provide proof that this plan was eventually implemented then you are relying on false source. Read the thread again. I don't even think it got to the executive. An increase of 250m to 2B is even too ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Fayose's Giant Strides In Ekiti / Portfolios Of New Ministerial Nominees LEAKED / INEC Declares PDP winner in Taraba Gubernatorial Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.