Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! (15891 Views)

JOHESU Directs Members To Commence Strike Action By 12 Midnight / Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Strike Claims Nigeria’s Only Neuropathologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by phantom(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
The Joint Health Sector Unions, JOHESU has expressed dissatisfaction over the report of Yayale Ahmed Presidential Committee of Experts on Inter-Professional Relationship in the Public Health Sector.

The report which is expected to provide lasting solution to unhealthy rivalry among health professionals came under criticism following what they described as it being one-sided.

The committee which was set-up by President Goodluck Jonathan and led by a former Head of Service, Alhaji Yayale Ahmed to look into the unhealthy rivalry among health professionals recently submitted a report that identified 50 areas of conflict among health workers in the country.

In a reaction, the Union which comprises all health workers except doctors, described the report as one-sided and favouring their counterpart.

In a jointly signed statement by the all member associations of the Union, made available to Vanguard Health & Living, VHL, the groupb stated: “It is necessary to inform the Federal Government that we out rightly reject the very biased and one-sided Yayale Ahmed Presidential Committee of Experts on Professional Relationships in the Public Health Sector(YAPCEPRPH) in both public and professional interests.

“From all intents, the report only seeks to further marginalise our members and compromises the future of generations of our members who will be permanently made sub-servient to their contemporaries in medicine.

“We strongly demand this report which is not in tune with national development and interest be immediately withdrawn for public good and the future of the health sector,” it was noted.

The Union, however described the establishment of office of chief medical adviser to the president as a way of re-introducing the concept of Surgeon-General as demanded by the Nigerian Medical Association, NMA.

“Also on the issue of creation of national healthcare commission to replace professional regulatory agencies and regulate tertiary health facilities is clearly out of line and a design to institutionalise confusion.

JOHESU wondered how one commission was being proposed take over the functions of 15 different professional regulatory councils as well as regulate the activities of 55 Federal Health Institutions as presently constituted.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by kingstylo01(m): 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2015
hmm...

"Mama nkechi pass me one plate of ofe-nsala and fufu, let me see where this drama will end" cool

*MODIFIED*

(clears eyes with hand)
am i really the FTC?
Unbelievable! shocked
Am only 7days old on this forum!

I DEDICATE THIS SPACE TO ALL PEACE LOVING AND TRUTH SEEKING NIGERIANS

4 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by klodike(m): 2:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
Wahala dey ooh. Can buhari solve this May be yes. I would be back in 2016 to ascertain this.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by phantom(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
for those who dont know,the federal govt set up a comitee headed by yayale ahmed to address once and for all,the bickering in the health sector.
JOHESU and its constituent associations were fully involved in meetings with that comitee. infact a few MEDICAL BODIES/ASSOCIATIONS WERE MISSING.

either the NMA or NARD was absent in meetings with this same commitee and infact many doctors all over the federation expressed their dissatisfaction on their facebook wall with that.
Johesu tried anyway to influence the final outcome of the commitees report.

now my question is...why are they dissatisfied with the 50 recommendations of the commitee?
could it be that the commitee actually did its homework,comparing the health sector here with the sector in other countries??

What exactly does JOHESU WANT?? do they really think in their wildest dreams that they will be allowed to lord it over doctors? undecided undecided undecided undecided

28 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by phantom(m): 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
By the way,moderators,please do the needful for this thread. this thread is a far better frontpage material than patoranking visiting daddy showkey for spiritual blessings.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by ohzee(f): 4:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
Objectivity and truth will always triumph over sentiments.

JOHESU be careful not to bite more than you can chew

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
phantom:
By the way,moderators,please do the needful for this thread. this thread is a far better frontpage material than patoranking visiting daddy showkey for spiritual blessings.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lmao @ the bolded!
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by drered(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
phantom:
for those who dont know,the federal govt set up a comitee headed by yayale ahmed to address once and for all,the bickering in the health sector.
JOHESU and its constituent associations were fully involved in meetings with that comitee. infact a few MEDICAL BODIES/ASSOCIATIONS WERE MISSING.

either the NMA or NARD was absent in meetings with this same commitee and infact many doctors all over the federation expressed their dissatisfaction on their facebook wall with that.
Johesu tried anyway to influence the final outcome of the commitees report.

now my question is...why are they dissatisfied with the 50 recommendations of the commitee?
could it be that the commitee actually did its homework,comparing the health sector here with the sector in other countries??

What exactly does JOHESU WANT?? do they really think in their wildest dreams that they will be allowed to lord it over doctors? undecided undecided undecided undecided
How would you know why they are dissatisfied if you haven't seen the recommendation? JOHESU and its members were present while NMA/NARD were missing and we should just take your word for it? If it was the other way round would you take the same stand? You are bias chief, expectedly so anyways..

8 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by phantom(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
drered:
How would you know why they are dissatisfied if you haven't seen the recommendation? JOHESU and its members were present while NMA/NARD were missing and we should just take your word for it? If it was the other way round would you take the same stand? You are bias chief, expectedly so anyways..
NMA was present. NARD was missing.

why is JOHESU crying foul over a report that was churned out by a NEUTRAL commiteewhy?
they are already accussing NMA of influencing the report. i guess we should also relax and take their word for it abeg!! angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by drered(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
phantom:

NMA was present. NARD was missing.

why is JOHESU crying foul over a report that was churned out by a NEUTRAL commiteewhy?
they are already accussing NMA of influencing the report. i guess we should also relax and take their word for it abeg!! angry angry angry
NARD was absent.. What difference does it make? Is NMA not representing the interest of the doctors be it resident, reg's or consultants? That's the thing though, that committee wasn't neutral. You should read up the recommendations and if you still think the same then there would really be no point having any further conversation on this..

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by drered(m): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
*double post*
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by haibe(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Really
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by timilehing(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Aigoooo
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
downloading comment. cheesy

.download fail sad

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by Bishop4bella(m): 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
Johesu
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by KidProgrammer(m): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ok o
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by tommykiwi(m): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
They should please attend to dis matter once and for all,my able PRESIDO please use ur good office and end dis matter.
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by englishmart(m): 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
now, how do I come in?
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by bjjbam: 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
The way these guys behave disgusts me and it tarnishes d image of d medical profession. Why compete with the doctors? Everyone has got his/her roles to play. In a country where a lot of ppl live from hand to mouth, they hav d jobs and the hefty pay yet they are looking for something else. Bunch of fools! The lives that have been lost during this meaningless strike is on their conscience.

9 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by QueenAzibar(f): 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
johesu will never be satisfied undecided

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by olufikistick: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
lol
Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by imsuboi(m): 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
Johesu = jokers undecided

8 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by smartdave1: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
so na only them waka come??

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
Its now very who the trouble-makers in the health-sector are.
I think some people need to humbly accept their stations in life or seek to improve themselves in order to become what they had always envied!

6 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by Evvilgenius: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
I just wonder why enlightened people like pharmacists and nurses will go so low to form a union with hospital cleaners, technicians etc just to form a large number to fight doctors .
This envy and show is a shameful one.

(I learnt nurses that hv university degrees are not part of them tho)

18 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by drjay1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
This is so so like the Nigerian union! We reject whatever we feel doesnt favour us even if it is in the best interest of the whole world! Its so so sad! I wish the government can make a stand and rejuvenate the health care system irrespective of who is hurt, weda NMA or JOHESU! Its these stupid unionism that is affecting our health system!

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! by kay1one(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
All these wannabe doctors wey no pass jamb go dey worry person!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG To Commission Four-floor 100-bed Maternal And Child Centre In Badagry / Bird Flu: Lagos Begins Decontamination Of Markets (Pictures) / Nigeria Has More HIV--infected Babies Than Anywhere In The World - Sciencemag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.