Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Story Of Irene____ A Jambyto - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Story Of Irene____ A Jambyto (604 Views)

Madam Koi Koi, The Story Of The Dead Teacher / Samuel Olorunfemi-Adam Vs Kemi Obaditan: Lecturer Tells His Side Of The Story / These 17 Funny Photos Tell The Story Of Every Jamb Exam Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of Irene____ A Jambyto by T2Justman(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
SB SHOULD TELL SEUN THAT THIS STORY SHOULD MAKE HP

Having my name appear on UNN merit admission list for Microbiology was one of the best things that happened in my life this year (2014). It was on a Sunday night I knew about it. I had just finished night devotion with my family and was about to go to bed when my aunty called. She had never called me that late. so when I saw her call I became jumpy. I didn’t know what to expect but the moment I picked she said, “Nne, congratulations you’ve been given admission at the University of Nigeria!”
“It’s a lie!” I exclaimed. “Auntie, are you sure?”
“Nne, of course, yes! Just start getting ready for Mahadum. Where is your mum?” she asked
“She should be in her room,” I explained
“Don’t worry, let me call her right away. I wanted you to hear the news first.

I couldn’t sleep that night after hearing the good news. It was like a dream come true. I had written JAMB twice and on each occasion I applied UNN as my only choice but was repeated turned down. However, something in me gave me an inner strength and the courage that kept me believing that I would be a student of UNN. On each occasion I was refused admission, after scoring more than 200 in my JAMB and Post UTME, I went home and tried to study harder. I registered for extramural lessons and was as serious as I could during classes at Agama Lesson Centre, never mind that I was repeatedly bugged by some boys who considered me beautiful. Of course I know I'm prettier than Agbani Derago, but my admission was my priority at that time, and anything that is not geared towards helping me achieve that never made sense. I practically ignored all those boys and their 'primary school' rhyme.

I had gotten tired of staying at home and like a drowning man who would do anything to save himself, I studied very hard. I sacrificed whatsapp, BBM and other social platforms that hitherto engulfed my time. I wanted to pay full attention to my studies. Truth be told, it wasn’t easy but I kept on keeping on because I knew it was just a matter of time. Could you believe that during that period I read Modern Biology cover to cover three times and made notes on my own? I also studied Ababio Chemistry and New School Physics the much I could.
To my disappointment when 2014 JAMB result came out I scored a total of 224. I wanted to give up but friends encouraged me. They said I shouldn't bother that JAMB was generally poor.
I laid hands on every good material I could get including Total Victory Solution Set (TVSS), 909 by Dr. Chuta; I even practiced with JAMB past questions and answers every weekend. Guess what? When Post UTME result came I banged 320. That was the beginning of good things for me because at that point I started seeing light at the end of my tunnel.
After what seemed like a long period of waiting, UNN published her merit list and my name was boldly written on the list that contained my desired course.
Now that I'm a fully-fledged student of the University of Nigeria (I mean a lioness), I think I should slow down particularly in my study life. For crying out loud, I lost much weight studying and for me, this is the time to chill for a moment. I just downloaded Whatsapp and currently I’m working on improving my social life.

For people who would be writing JAMB this year, (I heard it's know completely CBT) I encourage to give your best. If you've not started studying, please dust your books and let your midnight candle start burning. Go through past questions as much as possible after each study hour. For UTME, get a copy of 909 and Total Victory Solution Set (TVSS) because those materials helped me a great deal. See you in the den soonest!

Culled from http://www.unn-edu.info/

(1) (Reply)

2015/2016 Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi Aspirants / Civic Runz Very Sure / 20 Things You Should Know About Unilorin 2015-2016 Post-utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.