Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Please Help Am In Serious Pain! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Am In Serious Pain! (2529 Views)

Please Help Am Suffering From Severe Pimples/acne PHOTOS / Help, A Friend Is In A Serious Pain. Myalgia / Plz Help Am Having Frequent Urination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by remi4ever(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, My Name Is Remilekun, and am 17..as I'm writing this..am currently lying On My sick Bed In agony...I Have this sharp pain in My Left testis and Lower abdmomen area.. I had this Pain sometimes ago, 2Years ago i think..Back then.. I woke up in d middle of the night just to find out that..I couldnt walk...my left testes..was swollen i had to be Rushed down to the hosiptal, where i was qiven couple of drips and Injections..So after then I never Had that pain again..but Yesterday Morning at about 4:30am..I had this same pain..but now it was worse.. My testes was really strong and swollen.. I couldnt walk, Squat, or even stand..i was in pain..and i was taken to the nearest hospital close to us..have been qiven Drips and medics again..and we were told to go for scan..and possibly surgery...to cut the Long story short, My mum and I...are planning to go to a Government hospital for d surgery..now My question to the Doctors in the house is...
1.What Might Possibly be the cause of this??
2. I made some Researchs and i saw something Like ''Hernia'' Whats The cause..?
3. Who has ever gone through something Like this or similar to??
4. Is There any meal, One should abstain from??
Your replies nd advice..are highly welcome..Please Help a Bro! I cant evn Hit the sack..without Crying In the Night..this Pain is Terrible!
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Gboliwe: 9:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
remi4ever:
Dear Nairalanders, My Name Is Remilekun, and am 17..as I'm writing this..am currently lying On My sick Bed In agony...I Have this sharp pain in My Left testis and Lower abdmomen area.. I had this Pain sometimes ago, 2Years ago i think..Back then.. I woke up in d middle of the night just to find out that..I couldnt walk...my left testes..was swollen i had to be Rushed down to the hosiptal, where i was qiven couple of drips and Injections..So after then I never Had that pain again..but Yesterday Morning at about 4:30am..I had this same pain..but now it was worse.. My testes was really strong and swollen.. I couldnt walk, Squat, or even stand..i was in pain..and i was taken to the nearest hospital close to us..have been qiven Drips and medics again..and we were told to go for scan..and possibly surgery...to cut the Long story short, My mum and I...are planning to go to a Government hospital for d surgery..now My question to the Doctors in the house is...
1.What Might Possibly be the cause of this??
2. I made some Researchs and i saw something Like ''Hernia'' Whats The cause..?
3. Who has ever gone through something Like this or similar to??
4. Is There any meal, One should abstain from??
Your replies nd advice..are highly welcome..Please Help a Bro! I cant evn Hit the sack..without Crying In the Night..this Pain is Terrible!

Sorry about your pain Mr Remi. Please note that government hospitals are not fully functional now. You have to insist this hospital tell you their suspicions after the scans. If its hernia, its no big deal, you will be fine. With the right diagnoses, you are half way healed. Stay strong
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by TrishaP(f): 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sorry abt the pains your going through. I believe the doctors should be on it to find out what it may be. I dont know what it is and the pains your going through right now but God will be your strength.
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
A hernia occurs when an internal part of the body pushes through a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue wall.

In many cases, hernias cause no or very few symptoms, although you may notice a swelling or lump in your tummy (abdomen) or groin.

The lump can often be pushed back in, or will disappear when you lie down. Coughing or straining may make the lump appear.

Types of hernia

Hernias can occur throughout the body, but they most often develop in the area of your body between your chest and hips. Some of the more common types of hernia are described below.

Inguinal hernias

Inguinal hernias occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh.

This is the most common type of hernia and it mainly affects men. It is often associated with ageing and repeated strain on the abdomen.

Femoral hernias

Femoral hernias also occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh. They are much less common than inguinal hernias and tend to affect more women than men.

Like inguinal hernias, femoral hernias are also associated with ageing and repeated strain on the abdomen.

Umbilical hernias

Umbilical hernias occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through your abdomen near your belly button (navel).

This type of hernia can occur in babies if the opening in the abdomen through which the umbilical cord passes doesn't seal properly after birth. Adults can also be affected, possibly as a result of repeated strain on the abdomen.

Hiatus hernias

Hiatus hernias occur when part of the stomach pushes up into your chest by squeezing through an opening in the diaphragm (the thin sheet of muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen). This type of hernia may not have any noticeable symptoms, although it can cause heartburn in some people.

It's not exactly clear what causes hiatus hernias, but it may be the result of the diaphragm becoming weak with age or pressure on the abdomen.

Other types of hernia

Other types of hernia that can affect the abdomen include:
•Incisional hernias – these occur when tissue pokes through a surgical wound in your abdomen that has not fully healed.
•Epigastric hernias – these occur when fatty tissue pokes through your abdomen, between your navel and the lower part of your breastbone (sternum).
•Spigelian hernias – these occur when part of your bowel pokes through your abdomen at the side of your abdominal muscle, below your navel.
•Diaphragmatic hernias – these occur when organs in your abdomen move into your chest through an opening in the diaphragm. This can affect babies if their diaphragm does not develop properly in the womb, but can also affect adults.
•Muscle hernias – these occur when part of a muscle pokes through your abdomen. They can also occur in leg muscles as the result of a sports injury.

When to seek medical advice

You should see your GP if you think you have a hernia, so they can determine whether you need to be referred for surgical treatment.

You should go the accident and emergency (A&E) department of your nearest hospital immediately if you have a hernia and you develop any of the following symptoms:
•sudden, severe pain
•vomiting
•difficulty passing stools (constipation) or wind
•the hernia becomes firm or tender, or cannot be pushed back in

These symptoms could mean that the blood supply to a section of organ or tissue trapped in the hernia has become cut off (strangulation), or that a piece of bowel has entered the hernia and become blocked (obstruction).

A strangulated hernia and obstructed bowel are medical emergencies and need to be treated as soon as possible.

Assessing hernias

Your GP will usually be able to identify a hernia by examining the affected area.

In some cases, they may decide to refer you to a nearby hospital to have an ultrasound scan to confirm the diagnosis or assess the extent of the problem. This is a painless scan where high-frequency sound waves are used to create an image of part of the inside of the body.

Once a diagnosis has been confirmed, your GP or hospital doctor will determine whether surgery to repair the hernia is necessary.

A number of factors will need to be taken into consideration when deciding whether surgery is appropriate, including:
•The type of hernia – some types of hernia are more likely to become strangulated, or cause a bowel obstruction, than others.
•The content of your hernia – if the hernia contains a part of your bowel, muscle or other tissue, there may be a risk of strangulation or obstruction.
•Your symptoms and the impact on your daily life – surgery may be recommended if your symptoms are severe or getting worse, or if the hernia is affecting your ability to carry out your normal activities.
•Your general health – surgery may be too much of a risk if your general health is poor.

Although most hernias will not get better without surgery, they will not necessarily get worse. In some cases, the risks of surgery will outweigh the potential benefits.

Surgery

There are two main ways surgery for hernias can be carried out:
•Open surgery – where one cut is made to allow the surgeon to push the lump back into the abdomen.
•Keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery – this is a less invasive, but more difficult, technique where several smaller cuts are made, allowing the surgeon to use various special instruments to repair the hernia.

Most people are able to go home the same day or the day after surgery and make a full recovery within a few weeks.

If you doctor recommends having surgery, it is important to be aware of the potential risks, as well as the possibility of the hernia recurring. Make sure to discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure with your surgeon in detail before having the operation.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sorry brother..People with perfect health really donot know how lucky they re..
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by genieplus86(f): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
My advice is first when u take a shower examine your balls for a lump. Do a scan, then do a blood test for AFP, LDH, B Hcg too. I do not want to scar you with options of what the case might be. It could be hernia, testicular torsion, testicular cancer, etc. But I pray you will get better. Take anti oxidants. Eat lots of fiber too and nuts. Avoid fresh milk too.
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by remi4ever(m): 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thanks to everyone that Contributed in One way or thE Other..MayGod Be ur Strength..Too! I just Pray all these Government hospitals resume Duty, Because Private hospitals charge much..and my mum cant afford that! I cant take this Pain and lower abdomen Throbbing..!
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 08, 2015
Cc: Lagusta

Help him sir
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 08, 2015
Hmm!

Inguinal hernia, varicocele, and testicular cancer are all wrong differentials because they are not associated with scrotal pain in situ.

Testicular torsion(ischemia) and epididymitis are the right differentials.
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by bntY: 9:12am On Jan 08, 2015
Op, you saw a doctor and you did not throw all these questions at him/her. All we can do here is speculate based on d history you gave.I am inclined towards testicular torsion and epididymoorchitis as top differential above hernia but ur doc is in best position to say because he examined you.If my suspicion is right, early intervention is key as d complication may be irreversible if you waste time. Nut shell, visit a trusted private hospital ASAP.You may pay instalmentally for ur surgery if finance is a challenge.
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lagusta(m): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

A hernia occurs when an internal part of the body pushes through a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue wall.

In many cases, hernias cause no or very few symptoms, although you may notice a swelling or lump in your tummy (abdomen) or groin.

The lump can often be pushed back in, or will disappear when you lie down. Coughing or straining may make the lump appear.

Types of hernia

Hernias can occur throughout the body, but they most often develop in the area of your body between your chest and hips. Some of the more common types of hernia are described below.

Inguinal hernias

Inguinal hernias occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh.

This is the most common type of hernia and it mainly affects men. It is often associated with ageing and repeated strain on the abdomen.

Femoral hernias

Femoral hernias also occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through into your groin at the top of your inner thigh. They are much less common than inguinal hernias and tend to affect more women than men.

Like inguinal hernias, femoral hernias are also associated with ageing and repeated strain on the abdomen.

Umbilical hernias

Umbilical hernias occur when fatty tissue or a part of your bowel pokes through your abdomen near your belly button (navel).

This type of hernia can occur in babies if the opening in the abdomen through which the umbilical cord passes doesn't seal properly after birth. Adults can also be affected, possibly as a result of repeated strain on the abdomen.

Hiatus hernias

Hiatus hernias occur when part of the stomach pushes up into your chest by squeezing through an opening in the diaphragm (the thin sheet of muscle that separates the chest from the abdomen). This type of hernia may not have any noticeable symptoms, although it can cause heartburn in some people.

It's not exactly clear what causes hiatus hernias, but it may be the result of the diaphragm becoming weak with age or pressure on the abdomen.

Other types of hernia

Other types of hernia that can affect the abdomen include:
•Incisional hernias – these occur when tissue pokes through a surgical wound in your abdomen that has not fully healed.
•Epigastric hernias – these occur when fatty tissue pokes through your abdomen, between your navel and the lower part of your breastbone (sternum).
•Spigelian hernias – these occur when part of your bowel pokes through your abdomen at the side of your abdominal muscle, below your navel.
•Diaphragmatic hernias – these occur when organs in your abdomen move into your chest through an opening in the diaphragm. This can affect babies if their diaphragm does not develop properly in the womb, but can also affect adults.
•Muscle hernias – these occur when part of a muscle pokes through your abdomen. They can also occur in leg muscles as the result of a sports injury.

When to seek medical advice

You should see your GP if you think you have a hernia, so they can determine whether you need to be referred for surgical treatment.

You should go the accident and emergency (A&E) department of your nearest hospital immediately if you have a hernia and you develop any of the following symptoms:
•sudden, severe pain
•vomiting
•difficulty passing stools (constipation) or wind
•the hernia becomes firm or tender, or cannot be pushed back in

These symptoms could mean that the blood supply to a section of organ or tissue trapped in the hernia has become cut off (strangulation), or that a piece of bowel has entered the hernia and become blocked (obstruction).

A strangulated hernia and obstructed bowel are medical emergencies and need to be treated as soon as possible.

Assessing hernias

Your GP will usually be able to identify a hernia by examining the affected area.

In some cases, they may decide to refer you to a nearby hospital to have an ultrasound scan to confirm the diagnosis or assess the extent of the problem. This is a painless scan where high-frequency sound waves are used to create an image of part of the inside of the body.

Once a diagnosis has been confirmed, your GP or hospital doctor will determine whether surgery to repair the hernia is necessary.

A number of factors will need to be taken into consideration when deciding whether surgery is appropriate, including:
•The type of hernia – some types of hernia are more likely to become strangulated, or cause a bowel obstruction, than others.
•The content of your hernia – if the hernia contains a part of your bowel, muscle or other tissue, there may be a risk of strangulation or obstruction.
•Your symptoms and the impact on your daily life – surgery may be recommended if your symptoms are severe or getting worse, or if the hernia is affecting your ability to carry out your normal activities.
•Your general health – surgery may be too much of a risk if your general health is poor.

Although most hernias will not get better without surgery, they will not necessarily get worse. In some cases, the risks of surgery will outweigh the potential benefits.

Surgery

There are two main ways surgery for hernias can be carried out:
•Open surgery – where one cut is made to allow the surgeon to push the lump back into the abdomen.
•Keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery – this is a less invasive, but more difficult, technique where several smaller cuts are made, allowing the surgeon to use various special instruments to repair the hernia.

Most people are able to go home the same day or the day after surgery and make a full recovery within a few weeks.

If you doctor recommends having surgery, it is important to be aware of the potential risks, as well as the possibility of the hernia recurring. Make sure to discuss the benefits and risks of the procedure with your surgeon in detail before having the operation.

It would be good to post the source of this article.....

Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lagusta(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2015
All those that mentioned testicular torsion and epididdymo-orchitis as differentials are 99% correct!!!!!

I wouldn't say 100% because we haven't examined the op

But I also have a hunch that its testicular torsion....

Op, please go for interventional surgery asap, if you still want to keep that ball, or don't you have the balls for it!!!!
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lexusgs430: 9:46am On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=Lagusta post=29598003][/quote]

If I was writing a thesis or an assignment, I would reference !!!!
Plagiarism, is not a crime on nairaland !!!
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lagusta(m): 9:46am On Jan 08, 2015
genieplus86:
My advice is first when u take a shower examine your balls for a lump. Do a scan, then do a blood test for AFP, LDH, B Hcg too. I do not want to scar you with options of what the case might be. It could be hernia, testicular torsion, testicular cancer, etc. But I pray you will get better. Take anti oxidants. Eat lots of fiber too and nuts. Avoid fresh milk too.

B hcg in a man??

And why LDH

issokkaàyyyy
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lagusta(m): 10:46am On Jan 08, 2015
Lexusgs430:

If I was writing a thesis or an assignment, I would reference !!!!
Plagiarism, is not a crime on nairaland !!!

Sir, its a crime all over the world!!!

Remember what happened between google and Linda ikeji, don't let the same happen to our dear nairaland....

Don't let me be forced to report you
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Lexusgs430: 11:50am On Jan 08, 2015
Lagusta:

Sir, its a crime all over the world!!!

Remember what happened between google and Linda ikeji, don't let the same happen to our dear nairaland....

Don't let me be forced to report you

What are you waiting for ?
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by Joel3(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2015
wow. Testicles of all places. I fingers knock on testicles could kill. Sorry bro. I hope it solved soon.
Re: Please Help Am In Serious Pain! by genieplus86(f): 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
If you want to test for testicular cancer you can test B hcg some cancer increase the size of the right breast in men. LH I meant.
Lagusta:

B hcg in a man??

And why LDH

issokkaàyyyy

(1) (Reply)

Which Insect/mosquito Repellent Are You Using And How Satisfied Are You With It? / Top 6 Natural Ways To Cleanse/detox Your Liver / Please...what To Use To Disinfect/treat Well Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.