Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,681 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Facts About Left Handed People - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Facts About Left Handed People (1285 Views)

Man Falls From 3 Storey Building In Imo, Breaks His Left Leg (Graphic Photos) / Photos: Malnourished Child Brutally Tortured, Abused And Left Lying On The Stree / Woman With HIV Abandoned In Ibadan And Left To Die (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Left Handed People by Lordmykel(m): 9:43am On Jan 08, 2015
I'm not left handed but i love left handed people, all my siblings are left handed and i have few left handed friends. Lefties are very special people in our world today and one myth about them which i am yet to prove wrong is that "they are always intelligent" i have never met a dull brained lefty.
After searching on different websites i hereby compile this list of facts about left handed people.
I would also love to know every lefty here on Nairaland.smiley

• Left handed people Make up between about 10% of the population
•Left handed people are more likely to have allergies
•left handed perpler are more prone to migraines
•Left handed people are more likely to be insomniacs
•Left handed people use the right side of the brain the most
•Left handed people are three times more likely to become alcoholics – the right side of the brain has a lower tolerance to alcohol! :x
•Left handed people are more likely to be on extreme poles of the intelligence scale
•Left handed people tend to reach puberty 4 to 5 months later than right handers
•Left handed people are more likely to suffer stuttering and dyslexia
•Left handed people are twice as likely to be male
•Left handed people are better at multi-tasking
•Left handed people Live on average 9 years less than right handed people
39% of left handed people are more likely to be homosexual shocked
•Left handed people make especially good baseball players, tennis players, swimmers, boxers and fencers (almost 40% of the top tennis players are lefties)
•Left handed people celebrate left handed day once a year – August 13th – International Left Handers Day
•Left handed people draw figures facing to the right
•Left handed people recover from strokes faster
•Left handed people are more likely to pursue creative careers
Of the seven most recent U.S Presidents, 4 have been left handed
•Left handed college graduates go on to become 26% richer than right handed graduates
•On a QWERTY keyboard there are 1447 English words typed solely with the left hand, whilst only 187 are typed with the right hand.
•Left handed people are less able to roll their tongue than a righty.
•Nails grow faster on the left hand than the right.

SOURCE: "myself and too many sites from google"
Re: Facts About Left Handed People by dandollar1: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
98% lies from the pit of hell. FYI, I am left handed

1 Like

Re: Facts About Left Handed People by sparkleboy(m): 4:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
picturesoridon'tbelieveit
Re: Facts About Left Handed People by Lordmykel(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2015
dandollar1:
98% lies from the pit of hell. FYI, I am left handed
lefty nice to meet you. They are not lies o.. They are facts
Re: Facts About Left Handed People by Zeus777: 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

Therapist In Lagos Help!! / Down Syndrome, Autism....let's Discuss / Health Benefits Of Carrot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.