Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje (1535 Views)

Call On President Buhari By PDP To Sack Amaechi, Onu Frivolous,mischievous – APC / Fayose At Orange FM: Photos And Statements Made / Reports Of Osinbajo’s Valentine’s Day Trip False, Mischievous – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by JimiAgbaje2015: 4:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
PRESS RELEASE
January 8, 2015

MISCHIEVOUS MISCONSTRUING OF STATEMENTS MADE BY MR. JIMI AGBAJE AT “AN EVENING WITH JIMI AGBAJE” FOR NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA

Our attention has been drawn to the mischievous misconstruing of statements made by Mr. Jimi Agbaje, the PDP Gubernatorial Candidate for Lagos State, while interacting with friends and supporters in the UK.

At the event, Mr Agbaje analysed different political and regional issues in Nigeria juxtaposing scenarios. A simple political analysis has been turned on its head in a deliberate ploy to mislead the voting public and colourate the massive goodwill enjoyed by Mr Agbaje, the people’s choice.

We have no doubt that Nigerians are not fools and can see through the antics of mischief makers. For history and posterity however, we hereby set the record straight: At no time did Mr Agbaje at said event promote division within the Nigerian polity, either by his acts or words.

Mr Agbaje’s antecedents are clear. He is focused on the politics of issues and has preoccupied himself with promoting the politics of inclusion and fairness in his beloved Lagos State.

For those who care for the truth, the full video of his statement may be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Vj6h9Cl5k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by pendy79: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
The election in Lagos will show once and for all who owns Lagos and the voting strength of the indigenous people of Lagos as against online noise makers who claim to be 80% of eligible voters in Lagos.

I wish and hope Jimi didn't mortgage his company to contest against ambode because he will so lose that getting up again will be impossible for him.

Let him ask Ade Dosunmu what happened to his NIMASA loot and obanikoro until he got the ministerial post.

Lagos and true lagosians will never and can never vote PDP even if the Pope is the candidate.

7 Likes

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by huptin(m): 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2015
I took my time to watch the video. Jimi Agbaje said exactly what he was accused of saying, there is no distortion of facts here, he even went further to defend PDP's corruption by asking if there is no corruption in Lagos state.

3 Likes

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Alphaoscar: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
Agbaje think say we be Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
So the intelligent people of Lagos want to remain under the bondage of Tinubu abi? LOOOL. Make una continu!

pendy79:
The election in Lagos will show once and for all who owns Lagos and the voting strength of the indigenous people of Lagos as against online noise makers who claim to be 80% of eligible voters in Lagos.

I wish and hope Jimi didn't mortgage his company to contest against ambode because he will so lose that getting up again will be impossible for him.

Let him ask Ade Dosunmu what happened to his NIMASA loot and obanikoro until he got the ministerial post.

Lagos and true lagosians will never and can never vote PDP even if the Pope is the candidate.

1 Like

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2015
I dey come
Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
People accused him of saying "Niger Delta militants will shut the economy down if we don't vote GEJ", without adding the fact that he was clearly making an analysis of the current quandary the Nigerian voters are in. How did he defend PDP's corruption? Is it a lie that some people have been tried by the federal government for corruption? Is it a lie that NOBODY has been tried in Lagos state for corruption? Is Lagos state corruption free?

huptin:
I took my time to watch the video. Jimi Agbaje said exactly what he was accused of saying, there is no distortion of facts here, he even went further to defend PDP's corruption by asking if there is no corruption in Lagos state.
Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
Enyinweofia:
So the intelligent people of Lagos want to remain under the bondage of Tinubu abi? LOOOL. Make una continu!

I will rather remain under the bondage of Tinubu that gave us Fashola for 8 years than under Bode Jimi Agbaje George.

Lagosians know who can protect them...definitely not PDP

3 Likes

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by pendy79: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2015
Enyinweofia:

I don't know who place anyone under bondage. If bondage is good roads, good housing schemes, good transport with BRT, good and free medical for children and elderly people, prompt payment of salaries amd even bonus for the month of December and lots of good governance that abound then I implore you to go enjoy the freedom in Abia, Ebonyi, Kogi, Benue etc and leave lagos to be in your so called BONDAGE.

I never knew you had shackles round your neck tying your yansh down in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by oduastates: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
Enyinweofia:
People accused him of saying "Niger Delta militants will shut the economy down if we don't vote GEJ", without adding the fact that he was clearly making an analysis of the current quandary the Nigerian voters are in. How did he defend PDP's corruption? Is it a lie that some people have been tried by the federal government for corruption? Is it a lie that NOBODY has been tried in Lagos state for corruption? Is Lagos state corruption free?

Nope.
He was obviously trying to scare up votes.
The politics of fear.
Unfortunately, you cannot remove the party from the man .
The " I voted for jonathan and not PDP " will not work in lagos.
A man who had no governing structure,was not involved in the party formation and had no base within PDP is definitely going to be a puppet to those who put him there.
Like a king without a throne, people are not ready to mortgage the future of their children to Bode George aka "Governor do Nothing " or Ogunlewe " Mr know nothing"
Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:23am On Jan 10, 2015
Fact remains, everything he said is true. And he was asking us to think. Think about the effects of our decisions first.
Why do you think all the PDP leaders in Lagos are behind him? He brings two things: Integrity and his own personal massive structure/support. A combination of both will ensure he wins Lagos. It is a symbiotic relationship and would definitely not make him anybody's puppet.

oduastates:

Nope.
He was obviously trying to scare up votes.
The politics of fear.
Unfortunately, you cannot remove the party from the man .
The " I voted for jonathan and not PDP " will not work in lagos.
A man who had no governing structure,was not involved in the party formation and had no base within PDP is definitely going to be a puppet to those who put him there.
Like a king without a throne, people are not ready to mortgage the future of their children to Bode George aka "Governor do Nothing " or Ogunlewe " Mr know nothing"
Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:24am On Jan 10, 2015
Please ask someone who is unbiased, and knows Lagos politics very well why Tinubu put Fashola in power and why they eventually fell apart at the tail end. Also ask why Fashola sacked Ambode and did not want him to be governor.
ilugunboy:

I will rather remain under the bondage of Tinubu that gave us Fashola for 8 years than under Bode Jimi Agbaje George.

Lagosians know who can protect them...definitely not PDP
Re: Mischievous Misconstruing Of Statements Made By Mr. Jimi Agbaje by Enyinweofia: 9:30am On Jan 10, 2015
You mean good roads like the one in Okota? You mean good BRT transport that has like 500 people waiting for it at Oshodi every morning? You mean good housing schemes that has someone pay huge sums as rent for 2 years + Agent and Agreement? Good education that has seen more kids failing WAEC than before? Oga, if I say Fashola did not try I'll be lying. But he would've done much better if he wasn't remitting a huge part of our IGR to oga Bourdillon.

pendy79:

I don't know who place anyone under bondage. If bondage is good roads, good housing schemes, good transport with BRT, good and free medical for children and elderly people, prompt payment of salaries amd even bonus for the month of December and lots of good governance that abound then I implore you to go enjoy the freedom in Abia, Ebonyi, Kogi, Benue etc and leave lagos to be in your so called BONDAGE.

I never knew you had shackles round your neck tying your yansh down in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Can Buhari Represent Nigeria In United Nations Meeting? / 58 PROPHECIES FOR 2015 BY PROPHET GODSWILL ABBEY / Why We Abandoned Jonathan For Buhari – Itsekiri People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.