Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan (15310 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by popcykaylah(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2015
baba clueless don drop bomb shell wey we go chase for another 4years...can't stop laughing..the same way he said four years is enough for anyone to fix electricity that if he can't fix it in four years then he can't do anything if giving a second term ...now he don talk of improved technology to tackle corruption..this man sha..guess he's gradually getting drunk in his wife's foolishness..

6 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by adanny01(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
How does that stop police from taking bribes on the highway?

When i tell some people this man is clueless they see me as an enemy.

Buhari, come and jail those bribe taking police officers jare! GEJ continues to fall my hand.

4 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by madjune(m): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
Technology indeed.
With improved NEPA darkness (privatised o) to kickstart it?

Jonathan, you're simply good at cosmetic talks and excuses.

#GMB2015.

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by bfire(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
Who are those that will operate the technology ?
Those who are stealing and you are defending as not corrupt?
Or
The minister that flies on a chartered jet paid for by our collective wealth?

Please Mr. President, I'm personally pained by all this.

Is it because those TAN people are comparing you with Mandela and the rest.
Sir, you are not even worth their shoe soles

3 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 09, 2015
NairalandOP:
With the help of Information Technology (IT) Jonathan has helped to prevent corruption:

e-Wallet has enabled Jonathan to eliminate corruption in the agricultural sector. Now, every farmer has direct access to fertilisers unlike before

IPPIS has enabled Jonathan's administration to eliminate corruption in the payment of salaries to civil servants. Now it's computer software who pays civil servants and no longer the Finance Officers of the Minstries or Parastatals or Agencies.

goPRS, a public procurement review software is a corruption prevention tool for public regulatory authorities (check the software developer's website for more details: http://goprs.unodc.org). This has really helped in curbing the corruption practices during procurement.

This development along with others is a slow process but a steady one. Our Transparency Index (an index used to access the corruption level of a country) has improved due to this scientific approach by Jonathan. Click on this link to see the slow but steady improvement: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/corruption-index-nigerias-improvement-confirms-jonathans-anti-corruption-fight/

The fight against corruption should be institutionalised and not personalised.

Nigeria shall be great.

The enemies of Nigeria will never see this.

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Change2015(m): 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2015
Ordinary Street cameras installed in Abuja do not work, and what has he done about that? Abi they need more 'technology'?

#change
#GMB
#APC

3 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by tellwisdom: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
Mugu president sad

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Tjayjosh(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
Improved tech what? Thats why you purchased a lie ditector.This guy doesn't have a clue.

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Fkforyou(m): 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
That awkward moment when jonathan keeps spewing bullshit about what his administration has done [color=#000099][/color] and you begin to wonder wether you are living in chad. Nigerians are wise this time around we wont be swayed by sentiments any longer.

6 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by pitoski(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
agreed. technology definately helps in reducing corruption. thanks Ops. GEJ till buhari shows his certificate.
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by morbeta(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
COMING SOON!!!Mr Jona will use PS7(PlayStation) to fight corruption.. Hahahahaaha dis Presido dey reason like a yr old child.

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Donbrig:
Our clueless president is at it again, you don't need any TECNOLOGY to prosecute corrupt Nigerians in high court of law. You only need technology to help you track them.. Nigerians and other concerned commissions had been able to track several corrupt Politicians/Nigerians in the past six years of your administration. How many have you prosecuted Mr President? We're gonna be completely finished as a nation if GEJ wins, his level of cluelessness is unbearable.
His handlers messed up the messaging. Jonathan should have said something along the lines of "technology will aid us in the fight against corruption, to nip revenue leakages in the bud. And I will strengthen the EFCC to effectively prosecute indicted corrupt persons."

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by kolaaderin: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
thiscounts:
....and who feeds in the data into the system before the technology will pick up the command?You have to physically fight corruption for d man who issues in the command to feed in the right data into whatever technology you are employing to fight corruption or else na another na 'tori 'for d gods.

Let your body posture and gesture scare the hell out of your corrupt officials.Cant you get it GMB isnt there yet and some have begun to pee in their pants.

Without taking d bull by the horn to confront corruption all best policies and ideas would go down d rain.SCREAM OUT CORRUPTION OUT OF THEM...just the way you mustered up all your energy on flag off campaign in Lagos to give a save me message from being sent back to Otuoke come Febuary.
God bless u jare. A president actions and body language should always remind corrupt politicians and officials of how horrible they will be prison, but with JONA what do we have, his actions and body speeches tells them they still need to keep up with Bill Gate life styles. We can't go on like this we need CHANGE and CHANGE we get in FeBUHARI.
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Krisddon: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Elslim:
Improved technology ko, improved iPhone ni.
Sometimes I wonder if dis man tinks he's governing goats

Sai Buhari
NEXT

If you so much love Buhari, go get him Jamb form. The era of 'makaranta islamia' was long gone!
This isn't an Islamic country.
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by papaking1(m): 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
iiichidodo:
This to me has to be the most innovative comment ever made by a Nigerian President hell-bent in curbing corruption....look my dear people of God..it isn't by mounting podium and yammering rhetorics of pighting Kworruption because this isn't 1984 you have to use tact and sophistication to not only fight corruption but make inconducive the environment for corruption to thrive via technology.Technology doesn't put Alex Ekwueme for a 100 year prison sentence whilst pardoning Shagari on house arrest,Technology doesn't throw Ambrose Alli in the gulag whilst the likes Awwal Ibrahim are left to roam international Airtamacs with suitcases filled with british pounds of 14 million....Technology aint interested in selective justice as proscribed by one illiterate dan-fulani...Technology is the key.

Hope you are been paid for your stupidity?

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by fran6uc(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
ucheheart:
If he couldn't achieve it in the past six years, is it in the next four years that he will achieve it?

Rome was not built in a day.
Everything u cherish in d outside world 2day were built by people who couldn't enjoy dem cos d gradual improvement outlived dem. it took at times decades of work & series of govt 2 establish dem. all u need is a proper & genuine foundation (initiating President like Jona) & continuity after him. GROWTH should b d constant
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by jorlons(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
coming from a president who cannot be specific of the exact road (e.g Benin/ore rd) his administration constructed or d additional megawatt added to the national grid after the privatisation of d power sector.

This clueless 1.d.1.o.t who said 'our children only saw trains on catoons but now we trains'

well mr. Clueless I can neva be ur child. Infact if where my dad I would disown u and if u still pester my life after dat I'll commit murder or suicide.

Mr. Clueless has to be d person with the worst case of dimentia. Somebody who says yes 2day and says no 2mao completely forgeting what he said b4.

Spending 21billion for campaign when ppl are dying in d north and don't b deceived things are not rosy in d south either.

**thinks ** I hv 2 start a thread so pdp supporters can give specific achievements of GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by dammytosh: 11:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
Another clueless and unguarded speech from his excellency.

Technology will account for billions disappearing in the teasury without anybody accounting for it.

Technoloy will stop farouk Lawan from storing money in his cap ?

Technology will stop alams from dressing like a woman to escape arrwt.

Technology will stop subsidy thieves.

That team u assemble no get brain or they don't want to apply
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Elslim: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
Krisddon:

If you so much love Buhari, go get him Jamb form. The era of 'makaranta islamia' was long gone!
This isn't an Islamic country.

How old were u wen buhary ruled dis Con3 30yrs ago?? Plss ansa me

Meanwhile
Sai Buhari
NEXT

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by babestella: 11:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
RebelLeader15:
GEJ is as stupid as that he-goat in our backyard.....

Anyway! Sai Buhari till Doyin Okupe and Reben Abati decamp to APC

Clap for yourself for showing us the kind of home you're from. It's obvious your parents did not do a good job on you, your upbringing was a sham, a total scam and a waste of money. You should be a scavenger for insulting the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by suretx(m): 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
They say 'technology' is GIGO - Garbage in, Garbage out.

So who is to input the data to be used?

Or is 'technology' now 'smarter' than the humans who made it, who will also interpret the output? !?

Abegi!

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by femmycares(m): 11:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
How did he become a phd holder?U want to use technology to fight corruption after 6yrs in office?Does he think we are fools like his supporters nd TAN?Is it technology dat wil instil fear in pple's minds?Pple need to understand there are consequences for stealing nd lootin public funds before u can tink of adoptin d yet to be seen technology.D most clueless presido ever seen on earth.

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:29pm On Jan 09, 2015
Cluelessness reigns Supreme in Jonathan's mentality;grin grin
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by knowme(m): 11:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
iiichidodo:
This to me has to be the most innovative comment ever made by a Nigerian President hell-bent in curbing corruption....look my dear people of God..it isn't by mounting podium and yammering rhetorics of pighting Kworruption because this isn't 1984 you have to use tact and sophistication to not only fight corruption but make inconducive the environment for corruption to thrive via technology.Technology doesn't put Alex Ekwueme for a 100 year prison sentence whilst pardoning Shagari on house arrest,Technology doesn't throw Ambrose Alli in the gulag whilst the likes Awwal Ibrahim are left to roam international Airtamacs with suitcases filled with british pounds of 14 million....Technology aint interested in selective justice as proscribed by one illiterate dan-fulani...Technology is the key.

Have you ever considered that Technology is controlled by people ? people wrote those software and can edit them when they want to, if there is no strong will to fight corruption no amount of e-whatever will help you, was the procurement software not there when Stella did her Ojoro ? is the software not there when Madam Dieziene still runs on jets ? was the software not there when we had the oil cabal ? am using had as if they are gone, we should please reason with our heads and not allow sentiments take over our thinking, corruption is a serious problem in Nigeria and we need some kind of committed heart for it to be taken care of, its only when it has been taken care of from the top that they will then have the moral justification to start to arrest it downward, the farmers e-wallet for instance, how many farmers can access it ? don't u think some of them are not educated enough to know whats in there ? and its only the educated ones that will get the allocation and what happens ? my people still buy fertilizer from the open market and where do those people get it from ? the government allocation of course, so has corruption been taken care of ? or it has just been feed ?

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by hardestyoung(m): 11:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Oga go Sidon, a president who can't even make reference to what he has done for the past 6yrs in office. If a general no fit rule a country, shey na person wey study animal behaviour go rule am. I can't say if you're a goat anyway cos me and the most Nigerians are not. GMB Might be an old general, but the fact remains that he's got people with brain behind him. Let's vote out the clueless man. SAI BUHARI
Vicotex:
i no blame you cos the spirit of backwardness is in you.
Even buhari still dey live 4 stone age.
Na recently amechi by am Ipad, den open twitter acc 4 am.

I will fight kworruption, with what?
This is the 21st century.
We ain't living in the era of military no more.
Buhari should go and do the maths .

Gej ride on jare.
If possible ride on these Illitrate and political group (apc)
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Sarhyd(m): 11:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
This man is high, improved technology ko...so it can be easier to steal more money bah
God dey Watch una undecided
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by aresa: 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
gboss4sure:

The enemies of Nigeria will never see this.

When is this technology going to arrest and jail subsidy looters, pension looters, NNPC $10 billion looters, police college looters that he promoted and gave National award instead of jailing, Lawan, $20 billion electricity abi darkness looters all within his own party and circle?

How do you even fight what you are encouraging and claiming is not corruption? Is hiring crooks and looters under his own EFCC investigation fighting corruption or undermining the same institutions he runs his corrupt mouth about? Is pardoning crooks, convicts and international fugitives fighting corruption.

Btw, we gave this useless man a whole country, now all we have is a broken and incomplete Nigeria with terrorists taking over parts of Nigeria and forming their own disgusting entity.

While he's running around the country blaming everybody but himself, terrorists are busy slaughtering thousand of Nigerians and he seems not to care or give a damn.

I know his mansion is under construction in hell, but Kirikiri is good for now...

2 Likes

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Bellfun(m): 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
Will somebody kindly advise Jona to STFU!
Haba!..why is it that every time he opens his mouth he breathes such stupidity and cluelessness?
Using "improved technology" to fight corruption abi?...for a man who after 6yrs can't point to a single case of convicted "stealing" politicians!...yeye!
Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by LogicPower(m): 12:16am On Jan 10, 2015
1. The way GEJ keeps spewing all types nonsensical jargon in his desperate but unsuccessful attempt to cover his glaring failure to tackle corruption, after so many years in office, is getting more ridiculous by the day: from 'strengthening the system' now to using 'improved technology' as 'the best way' to fight corruption!

2. Mr President, the more you try to wriggle yourself out of your woeful failure in fighting corruption, the more you entangle yourself; even if you establish the best ever institutions in the world and equipped them with the most advanced technology ever, there would STILL be corrupt people who can, and will, beat the system. And if you must be told, the JAIL is built purposely for those people, and they DESERVE to be nowhere but IN JAIL, no matter how highly placed they are, and now matter how close to the sitting president they are!.

3. That is why even in the most developed countries in the world, with all their well-established institutions and most advanced technology (which they effectively use in crime prevention, detection and monitoring) they still have A LOT OF PRISONS and many famous politicians, wealthy individuals, members of the royal families, former and serving army officers, lawyers, doctors, academics and all sorts of people who are convicted of serious crimes such as public corruption (including stealing!) have been thrown to jails in those developed countries.

4. And by the way, do you think we have forgotten how you PARDONED your kinsman who was CONVICTED of MASSIVE corruption by a court in one of those developed countries with the STRONGEST institutions and the MOST ADVANCED technologies?.

5. The truth of matter is that you simply belong to the category of leaders who will NEVER ever muster enough moral courage to fight corruption in high places. In fact, you would go down in the history of our country as THE BEST FRIEND of the WORST CORRUPT among the Nigerian elite. And that is why the cabal and the super-corrupt have NEVER had it so good!

6. You have proved in the case of one of your ministers that if someone is so close to you, she or he can spend up to one BILLION Naira on using and maintaining private jets in one single year, and get away with it and be effectively shielded from ANY form of investigation; maybe the technology is not yet 'advanced' enough at the moment to investigate that minister!

7. When EFCC was established by OBJ, did we not see how it was arresting and prosecuting top government officials right from its inception, yet SIMULTANEOUSLY being strengthened as an institution and given all kind of technical support by the Nigerian and foreign governments who were being impressed by its remarkable successes?

8. Apart from the very dumb among your supporters, nobody buys all these your flimsy excuses you are coming up with; to the rest of Nigerians and the international community, this your latest talk about 'improved technology' as the best way to fight corruption would only be seen for what it is, just another in the series of your flimsy excuses to cover your failure to fight corruption.

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Godiloveu(f): 12:20am On Jan 10, 2015
Vicotex:
i no blame you cos the spirit of backwardness is in you.
Even buhari still dey live 4 stone age.
Na recently amechi by am Ipad, den open twitter acc 4 am.

I will fight kworruption, with what?
This is the 21st century.
We ain't living in the era of military no more.
Buhari should go and do the maths .

Gej ride on jare.
If possible ride on these Illitrate and political group (apc)

then! u ve a choice,
enjoy d fresh air in febuhari or follow GEJ to his executive suite in kirikiri

1 Like

Re: Improved Technology Is The Best Way To Fight Corruption, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 10, 2015
lilprinze:
GEJ till Buhari stops being a serial loser.

That should be FeBUHARI 14 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot, Others To Probe Fashola’s 2015 Budget / Buhari Still Works From Home, 2 Months After - The Guardian / 11 Discos File Application For Electricity Tariff Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.