Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus (9700 Views)

"I Used To Sell Kaikai And Drink To Stupor But Jesus Saved Me". When i / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me / Sorry To Tell You, But Jesus Is Not Returning On September 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:27am On Apr 14
When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus

Ever met any girl who wants to chat pretty much about everything else with you but not about Jesus?

I have met quite a few.

Once was while I was traveling from Abuja to Port Harcourt in bus, and found myself on the last seat in the bus sitting right next to a young lady.

As expected, we chatted along the way and at some point even started singing Gospel songs together.

I could vividly remember when she corrected me while we were singing a popular Christian song, "Be magnified". She said it was I was not getting the lyrics right, and i was quite surprised because I've been proudly singing it that way since thinking it was correct prior to that, but she was the one that corrected me with confirmation online that she was right while I was wrong.

I appreciated her for that correction and things seemed to be going well between us until I took it to the next level as typical of me, and started preaching to her about Jesus, that it's important though not just to sing such songs about Him with our mouths but also really mean it from our hearts.

That was it and the same girl that was so passionately singing "be magnified oh Lord" and even corrected me when I got the lyrics wrong suddenly switched to silent mode.

She that was facing me prior to that but after I just said that, she immediately adjusted her body and started facing front.

I was wondering what I had done wrong or said that made her suddenly stop talking to me.

That was how it was until until we arrived at the bus terminal in Port Harcourt.

She refused to talk to me again in the bus just because I started preaching to her about Jesus.

God bless.

18 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:28am On Apr 14
The second girl was someone I met in a cab after evening church service, on my way home. I decided to preach to her about Jesus, and initially when she didn't know what I was up to, she was all ears and very responsive. However once I started talking about Jesus, she snubbed me. She didn't seem interested in that kind of conversation at all.

I persisted though and wouldn't easily give up on her despite her snub, so I continued even after we had come down from the car, and followed her and was still telling her about Jesus. Even my friend who was in the car with me was just laughing at the back, as if saying that she must agree by fire or by force.

The girl surprisingly though stopped and made it clear to me that she was interested in talking with me but not about Jesus.

She seemed to be giving me a last chance to tell her something else instead, however since that was all I wanted to speak to her about, I had to let her go since accepting Jesus wasn't by force but by choice, and she's apparently made hers.

God bless.

13 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:28am On Apr 14
The third was someone I saw while I was still preaching the Gospel of Christ on the streets of Abuja.

This was somewhere in Julius Berger and she was a roadside seller.

In her own case though, she was very frank with me and didn't hide her feelings at all.

She brazenly told me I should stop what I was doing, that she liked me... That's how she started "toasting" me to my utter astonishment, because this was someone I was even preaching to repent but here she was preaching to me her own gospel, to leave whatever I was preaching and have a relationship with her instead.

It was similar to the other girls just that in her own case, she didn't conceal her feelings but made it very clear to me from the onset.

They all wanted me to talk to them about something else but not about Jesus. They obviously knew Jesus would spoil their plans concerning me because what they wanted me to do went against what Jesus commanded us to do.

But they didn't know that if anyone wanted to be close to me, it means the person also wants to be close to Jesus.

It's impossible to want to be close to me and at the same time not want anything to do with Jesus.

My life belongs to Jesus so anyone who rejects Jesus has also rejected me.

My body also belongs to Jesus. It's the temple of the Holy Ghost, so it's not going to be used it to glorify the devil via sinful acts as fornication and adultery, but to the glory of God through righteous works and the obedience of His Word.

God bless.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by AbuTwins: 8:29am On Apr 14
Your own too much?

Did Jesus ever tell anyone to preach about him?

Jesus was preaching the gospel not himself!

5 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:39am On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

Do you really care or want to know what Jesus told people to do or just want to continue venting your sentiments against Christianity on every christian thread?

If you really cared to know though here's one:

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Modified: This is not to suggest in any way that all women were like that because that would be false. I had a personal experience where a young teenage girl preached to me in a Keke napep, which I shared here so please let's not get it twisted.
https://www.nairaland.com/6806292/what-teenager-keke-said-inspired#106806923

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by MuslimIgbo: 8:43am On Apr 14
Such girl MUST be very smart.
Most XTAINS are just self-consumed and egotistical in their beliefs.
2000 gods and almost 3000 religions exists but every other person is wrong except them grin
BECAUSE THEIR BIBLE (WHAT THEY WROTE THEMSELVES) SAYS SO grin grin grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Salt06(m): 8:47am On Apr 14
smiley
Very true. Infact sometimes even before you start mentioning Jesus- They've already observed you seem totally different. Even when you're in jeans & snickers. cheesy Lolz
... See I lay a stone in Zion, "a stumbling stone...a rock of offence....
Have you also noticed that no religion has issues with you saying God. Issues begin when you mention the name of Jesus who is the way, the truth and the life.
Scriptures also say the insults of them that insult me have fallen on you
Glory be to God that scriptures also adds that whosoever believes in him will not be put to shame

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by ATEAMS: 8:48am On Apr 14
Jesus is her first true love.

Earthly Men have probably show her sheeege..

While Jesus gives her strength...

2 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by rinaballa: 8:49am On Apr 14
Nothing spoil
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by HydraFeeds(m): 8:49am On Apr 14
Religion has messed up people's head .

6 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by tctrills: 8:52am On Apr 14
jesusjnr2020:
When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus

Ever met any girl who wants to chat pretty much about everything else with you but not about Jesus?

I have met quite a few.

Once was while I was traveling from Abuja to Port Harcourt in bus, and found myself on the last seat in the bus sitting right next to a young lady.

As expected, we chatted along the way and at some point even started singing Gospel songs together.

I could vividly remember when she corrected me while we were singing a popular Christian song, "Be magnified". She said it was I was not getting the lyrics right, and i was quite surprised because I've been proudly singing it that way since thinking it was correct prior to that, but she was the one that corrected me with confirmation online that she was right while I was wrong.

I appreciated her for that correction and things seemed to be going well between us until I took it to the next level as typical of me, and started preaching to her about Jesus, that it's important though not just to sing such songs about Him with our mouths but also really mean it from our hearts.

That was it and the same girl that was so passionately singing "be magnified oh Lord" and even corrected me when I got the lyrics wrong suddenly switched to silent mode.

She that was facing me prior to that but after I just said that, she immediately adjusted her body and started facing front.

I was wondering what I had done wrong or said that made her suddenly stop talking to me.

That was how it was until until we arrived at the bus terminal in Port Harcourt.

She refused to talk to me again in the bus just because I started preaching to her about Jesus.

God bless.
What's the matter with you? You come online to judge a lady you don't know just because she did not want you to preach to her or because she had a different topic of interest from you.
Who told you that you are better than her?

16 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by RickyJesus: 8:52am On Apr 14
My dream girl; once I discover a lady is religious (like she believe in all that stuff), that's the greatest turn off for me since I no longer see a future with her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Djele: 8:54am On Apr 14
Watin this one dey talk
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Tetraozonaitera: 8:58am On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

Abu
Face whatever your Quran says and leave what the Bible says.
There is no gospel without Jesus. You cant talk about the Kingdom of God Almighty without preaching about Jesus.

Jesus is the Son of the Living God. Your Quran says No He is not.
Jesus was crucified . your Quran says it is a Lie.

So, Don't poke your Demonic nose into an issue that is beyond your reasoning.

Don't start another Iran/Israeli war.

You locked the Islamic section away from Christians and come to display madness on christian threads.

You guys always be looking for trouble all over the world.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by ReacherSaidNoth: 8:59am On Apr 14
You have no right to disturb others with your religious crap, it's not by force to be a gullible sheep.

2 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Druss(m): 9:02am On Apr 14
GOD bless and encourage you. Do not be discouraged.

4 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Mindlog: 9:04am On Apr 14
jesusjnr2020:

She refused to talk to me again in the bus just because I started preaching to her about Jesus..

Did you first ask her, if she is okay with you preaching about Jesus to her even though she earlier sang with you?

Learn boundaries as you go about your preaching. Singing Gospel songs with you, may have invoked happy memories in her and your going ahead to preach, triggered memories of dark moments in her life.

If I was her and had experienced sexual abuse or other forms of abuse from a Preacher, who the world sees as an upright man, would it be out of place disassociating from your peaching?

Don't preach to me when seated next to me, if I have not given you the go-ahead as personal space should be respected.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by BlackRainDrops: 9:04am On Apr 14
I strongly believe there's a time for everything. Meeting someone for the first time, you should try to get to know them; their name, what they like, what they don't like. Deep preaching should not be the first thing you do when you're trying to 'toast' someone or be their friend. I personally believe that people like that are simply self-righteous.

6 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Druss(m): 9:04am On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

What exactly is the gospel? Is it not the Word of GOD? What does John 1 tell us about the Word?

Go read and learn.

2 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by devilmaycry: 9:04am On Apr 14
Seun should also make it clear to non Christians that they should accept being believers of christ before commenting on a Christian post like he has done to Islamic thread!!!

Cos some nonsense comments here is alarming

5 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by TenQ: 9:06am On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

What then is the Gospel Message o and give us proof?

1 Like

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by AbuTwins: 9:08am On Apr 14
Druss:

What exactly is the gospel? Is it not the Word of GOD? What does John 1 tell us about the Word?

Go read and learn.

In John 1:1, in the beginning was the logos and the logos was with Theon and the logos was theos.

Note that Theon is not Theos!

Satan was theos in 2:Cor 4:4!

So what can we draw from your John 1:1?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Cartelips: 9:09am On Apr 14
AbuTwins:
Your own too much?

The gospel is about Jesus Christ, nothing else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by Druss(m): 9:13am On Apr 14
AbuTwins:

In John 1:1, in the beginning was the logos and the logos was with Theon and the logos was theos.

Note that Theon is not Theos!

Satan was theos in 2:Cor 4:4!

So what can we draw from your John 1:1?

You are deliberately looking for trouble. I wash my feet off this conversation with you. It is foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by AbuTwins: 9:18am On Apr 14
Tetraozonaitera:

Abu
Face whatever your Quran says and leave what the Bible says.
There is no gospel without Jesus. You cant talk about the Kingdom of God Almighty without preaching about Jesus.

Jesus is the Son of the Living God. Your Quran says No He is not.
Jesus was crucified . your Quran says it is a Lie.

So, Don't poke your Demonic nose into an issue that is beyond your reasoning.

Don't start another Iran/Israeli war.

You locked the Islamic section away from Christians and come to display madness on christian threads.

You guys always be looking for trouble all over the world.

So Iran represents Muslims while Israel represents Christians? grin

How did Iran look for trouble?

The madness you wrote up there can cause the mods to ban you.

Is it Jesus inspired or demonic to abuse?
Re: When She Wants To Talk To You About Everything Else But Jesus by geoworldedu: 9:18am On Apr 14
That's a right thinking girl. Species like that are very rare in this backward Africa. As in, why will a girl in Nigeria want to talk of an Israeli corpse when we have many nice and handsome Nigerian guys?
Some backward women will go to the extend of saying, "I am married to Jesus, Satan leave me alone." As if Satan has time to woo African girls before undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Family Time With Lucifer: The Bible For Kids / Islamic Prayer / Is Speaking In Tongue Learnt Or Received?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.