Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,884 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east (36268 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Scandal: Jonathan Won’t Testify For Dasuki, Say Sources / Patience Jonathan Won’t Go Scot-free – EFCC / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by notoriousbabe: 6:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
eleko1:
I salute your courage
thanx jare,one thing those MURDERators do not know is that,without us there is no Nairaland
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by Eziachi: 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
Louislewis:
A big thanks to Papa Ekwueme for speaking the truth. He did not gasticate Jonathan in any of this statement rather than to say that, Jonathan didn't accord the respect due for him as an elderly statesman.
Why twisting something he said in plain English? We don't you interpretation of what was very simple. He said Jonathan does not appreciate his contributions to this their democracy, of which Jonathan is a benefiaryy because according to him, if he did not risk his life with Abacha, Jonathan would not have been president today. He respect and appreciates only noise makers and trouble makers. If that is not castigate, what is?

This I believe Jonathan is at fault, I was so happy that, he made it clear and sounding to the ears of Nigerians that the situation we have in Nigeria today is not the making of Jonathan.
Again he said that the situation they had today predates Jonathan contrary to what most of you insisted on saying all the time that Boko Haram simply came because of Jonathan presidency.
He then compared how the Shagari government on a number of occasions faced the insurgency head on and crushed it and how the Buhari led government that followed them did exactly the same but Jonathan did just the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by eleko1: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
coolTru talk
notoriousbabe:
thanx jare,one thing those MURDERators do not know is that,without us there is no Nairaland
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by Eluwilussit(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
Louislewis:
A big thanks to Papa Ekwueme for speaking the truth. He did not gasticate Jonathan in any of this statement rather than to say that, Jonathan didn't accord the respect due for him as an elderly statesman. This I believe Jonathan is at fault, I was so happy that, he made it clear and sounding to the ears of Nigerians that the situation we have in Nigeria today is not the making of Jonathan. Even though, they had such with the paste leaders, it wasn't at the level of sucuide bombers as we have today that people are ready to die. I was also very happy when he emphasized that, the situation in the North became magnified immediately the result of 2011 election result was announced to Jonathan's favour; that it was made clear to him (Jonathan) that this country will be ungovernable for him. I am glad as I have read this, that is how other must have gone through it also. The question now, is, must we be blaming Jonathan for already waiting farmented trouble for his regime from the North? Of all these things that have happen in his tenure, he was able to achieve all these things listed below...

ON EDUCATION

1. 125 Almajiri Schools in 13 Northern States
2. 27 Special girls school
3. 34 new NCE awarding institutions
4. 101 Presidential Special Scholarship for
Innovation and development
5. 10 Million increase in Basic education
enrolment (UBEC)
6. 75% Increase in O'Level credit pass in Math
and English
7. 100 Innovation Enterprise Institutions licensed
8. 7000 lecturers sponsored for post graduate
studies home and abroad
9. 51 Polytechnic laboratories rehabilitated
10. Doubled increase on Education allocation
11. 104 candidates scaled the final hurdle (First
Class Graduates) for Presidential scholarship
award and were asked to apply to study in any of
the top 25 universities in the world approved for
the scheme for their PhD.
12. When GEJ assume power in 2010 98% of
students that sat for NECO failed to make 5
credits including mathematics and English, as at
2013 70% of students that sat for NECO make 5
credits including maths and English.
13. All states of the federation without a federal
university had one each during GEJ Government
and they are listed below (12 New Federal
Universities). Imagine Number of jobs created for
both academic and non-academic staffs and
percentage of awaiting students fixed into these
schools (Note: 9 out of these 12 universities are
in Northern Nigeria).
Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —
North Central.
Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North
Central.
Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North
East.
Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-
North East.
Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-
North West.
Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-
North West.
Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —
South South.
Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-
South East.
Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.——-
South West.
Federal University Gashua, Yobe State —-North
East.
Federal University Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi state.——-
North West.
Federal University Gusau, Zamfara State.——-
North West.
TRANSPORTATION
Rail Transport:
14. Revitalisation of the railway sector resulting
into annual volume of people moved by April 2014
to be 5Million against 1Million of people moved
prior to GEJ government.
15. Completed the reconstruction of Lagos-Kano
Railway Line that was moribund for many years
with no single train movement for 15years but
GEJ fixed it in 1year.
16. Kaduna Railway Line is at 85% completion
17. Improvement in rail transportation by a pilot
scheme of AC fitted trains in Lagos.
18. Port-Harcourt to Maiduguri rail line
abandoned for over 30years is at about 90%
completion.
19. Other rail way under construction are:
Lagos-Kano Rail
Kano-Maiduguri, under construction
Lagos-Portharcourt Under construction:
Kaduna-Abuja
Abuja Standard Gauge Rail axis
Road Transportation
20. The following roads are getting the attention
of federal government.
Apapa - Oshodi Expressway (Undergoing
Construction)
Benin-Ore-Sagamu Highway (Completed Benin-
Ore, Sagamu Ongoing)
Enugu-Portharcourt Dual carriage way
(Undergoing Construction)
Kano - Maiduguri Road (Undergoing Dualisation)
Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Road (Undergoing
Dualisation)
Onitsha-Owerri Road (Completed)
Vom-Manchok Road (Completed)
Onitsha Head Bridge - Flyover (Ojukwu Gateway)
[Completed by Gov Obi did and got federal refund]
Onitsha - Enugu Road (Under Reconstruction)
Lokoja - Benin Road (Under Reconstruction)
Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Under Reconstruction
after 30years)
Mokwa-Bida Road (Under Reconstruction)
Akure-Ilesha Road (Under Reconstruction)
East-West Road (Under Reconstruction)
Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega Road (Under
Reconstruction)
Enugu- Abakaliki- Cross River Road (Under
Reconstruction)
Ogoja - Ikom Road (Under Reconstruction)
Vandekiya-Obudu Road (Under Reconstruction)
The Second Niger Bridge was concessioned to
Juluis Berger and massive early works have
commenced
Massive construction is ongoing on Lokko-
Owetto bridge across River Benue.
Air Transport/ Aviation
21. National Aviation Master plan and Road map
was developed and is being implemented
22. Air Safety - INSTALLATION of cutting age
navigational aids and Instruments Landing
Systems, including runway lights and Total Radar
Coverage (TRACON)
23. Airport Infrastructure - For the first time in
three decades, ALL 22 federally owned airports
are being remodelled and renovated
24. Cargo Airport - 16 airports close to nation's

which no leader in this country have never achieved, and yet ungrateful elements continue to point an unnecessary accusing fingers to him for problems never created by him in the North, rather than accusing those Northern leaders including the so call Buhari, that lead this nation for over 40 years with the end result of creating nusiancs in the North out of neglect. The early we reverse to speak the truth, the better for all. The early will leave selfishness to speak the truth, the better for this nation.

If all of these achievements are verifiable, then Nigerians are biased and Jonathan deserves a second term. I want to believe you but that will make me hate my country people. How can anyone but a mischievous person know all of this and still label Jona clueless? If it is true, then the joke is on Nigerians. Not on Jona. They are the clueless ones.

All the past leaders put together, didn't achieve this feat. Jona is busy working in the right direction and haters and detractors are busy yapping. He may not be an OBJ or an Idiagbon( note I didn't say GMB), as he was never in the army, but he has vision. He may not know how to tackle all the political foxes but he's better democrat than GMB. He may be weak but he is smarter than his detractors give him credit.

Thank you for taking the time to highlight some of Jonathan's achievements. I appreciate that and I know that every honest nigerian does too. May God give us the strength and wisdom to speak the truth at all times and shun mischief and hypocrisy.

God bless us all.
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by Anglovel: 6:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
Alex ekwuwme sit down[/quote]

SENILITY AT WORK,OLD AGE TINS
PLUS BAD BELLE AND JEALOUSY
AFTERALL U WERE ONLY A VP!!!
TAKE HEART OOH,NDO BABA
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by SHAAWA: 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
hyfr:
do u find happiness in calling people names? I don't even have time for people like u, kindly close your half toothed mouth A.F. He alex that's talking isn't he corrupt? If u knew the attrocities he committed in his states u would gladly shut ur mouth

Tell me something and just yesterday GEJ said the man is not corrupt, it seems like GEJ shares the same view with the person you are attacking.
I hope you watched the part where GEJ said Buhari jailed Alex Ekweme, is Alex Ekweme corrupt? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! the crowd chorused.
......WHEN HE ASKED IF JIM NWOBODO IS CORRUPT, SAVANNAH BANK AND THE CASE OF STOLEN STADIUM'S GENERATOR CAME TO MIND.
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by bashydemy(m): 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Change is easily getting across 9ja
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by free13: 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
hmm.......
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by Remarkable: 12:52am On Jan 11, 2015
hyfr:
do u find happiness in calling people names? I don't even have time for people like u, kindly close your half toothed mouth A.F. He alex that's talking isn't he corrupt? If u knew the attrocities he committed in his states u would gladly shut ur mouth

Can you name one Nigerian politician that is not corrupt?

and because Ekwueme is corrupt, he should not have an opinion? and is an efulefu if he does?

Just asking, as I want to get you clearly.
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by Descartes: 1:04am On Jan 11, 2015
It all about politics and as an elder statesman he has play by the rule of diplomacy wink not like that Ofenmmanu General who does not portray the image of statesmanship in any of his dealings. angry
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by hyfr(m): 1:36am On Jan 11, 2015
Remarkable:

Can you name one Nigerian politician that is not corrupt?

and because Ekwueme is corrupt, he should not have an opinion? and is an efulefu if he does?

Just asking, as I want to get you clearly.
these niggas heh cheesy why are u interested with alex's issue
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by brutef0rce101: 5:22am On Jan 11, 2015
[s]
Descartes:
It all about politics and as an elder statesman he has play by the rule of diplomacy wink not like that Ofenmmanu General who does not portray the image of statesmanship in any of his dealings. angry
[/s]

Chameleon, Trying to bring ofenmanu to wetin no concern them. Den swear for you nii. The hatred in you is just too much. Gosh!
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by tjmc: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
hyfr:
Alex ekwuwme sit down
so kids like u nw have d guts to insult ur elder because of election. Ur pikin go slap u one day( karma)
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by hyfr(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
tjmc:
so kids like u nw have d guts to insult ur elder because of election. Ur pikin go slap u one day( karma)
karma fvck u.. Ignored
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
obicentlis:

I'm not from Abia anyway but I'm an Imolite but sources of livelihood is in Aba. During last election, T. A. Orji was imposed on Abians by gej. He insisted on him. There has been petitions against him to the presidency but he turned blind eyes on it. So many reports has emanated from Abia State on the condition of the state but gej can't say anything cos T. A. Orji is his ardent supporter. He has sacrificed Abia cos T. A. Orji is his supporter. I pity Gej when he will visit Aba, he will be surprised the kinda treatment he will receive. Go and ask Okezie Ikpeazu what he got despite doing fairly well as ASEPA Chairman.

Wrong. Tell the credible people that contested against him in 2011.
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by tjmc: 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2015
hyfr:
karma fvck u.. Ignored
bastard
Re: Ekwueme Explodes: Why Jonathan Won’t Get Block Votes In South-east by hyfr(m): 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2015
tjmc:
bastard
heard is what you are called

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan’s Journey To APC, His Fealty To Buhari And Survivalist Agenda / I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari / Kogi: Dino Melaye, Wada, Akpoti React To Governorship, Senatorial Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.