Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,022 members, 7,849,112 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started (6823 Views)

NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics / RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Mistaarhlohki(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Our government is busy looking for enemies to blame for its failures. News of 2000 people massacred in baga is flying around yet no word from our president yet. Though he was quick to sympathize with the 12 killed in France.

Its official that GEJ is foolishly a stubborn man....not heeding to tangible and useful advice... Hence the bad leadership from him....
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by atlwireles: 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
jmaine:
I find it amusing that those who take extreme delight whenever BH strikes to score cheap political points are here pontificating over an outcome elsewhere totally in tandem to their conducts here . . . .

All stake holders in France has taken a common stance against terror, unlike the shifty characters who pride themselves as progressives in Nigeria . . . . . .

You guyz are obviously deceiving yourselves . . . .

Can you imagine angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by jmaine: 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

You first line is lame already.

All stakeholders stood with the Nigerian government in the early years of Bokoharam

It can only be lame to blind hypocrites in self denial like you . . . All stake holders need to be steadfast in a long drawn war against terrorism and not the antagonistic stance of people like you . . . .
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by taharqa: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pataki:
I truly doubt Goodluck will go to jail after February 2015 elections.

REASON: Jonathan has every proof to show and claim that he is mentally re-tarded!
My 'frnd', yr madnesss has started again. Go and take yr Afternoon Therapy. Go!! And allow saner minds discuss
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Kolade354(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
I would have vote for jonathan but chbok girlz keep coming to my mind..............He is wicked.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
jmaine:

It can only be lame to blind hypocrites in self denial like you . . . All stake holders need to be steadfast in a long drawn war against terrorism and not the antagonistic stance of people like you . . . .

Long drawn war with a group that started with less than 100 members, i doubt the French are going in our direction.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by atlwireles: 1:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
taharqa:
You dey mind them?? #bloodthirstyHYPOCRITES

I have made it clear to people I know, if you have anything to do with APC don't come near me. I have not seen bloody hypocrites, like APC supporters, since my birth in this country.

4 Likes

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Duru1(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
France deploys 88,000
troops as Charlie Hebdo
manhunt focuses
northeast of Paris
Two brothers allegedly responsible for the
Charlie Hebdo killings which left 12 dead in
Paris remain at large. Tens of thousands of
security officers have joined a manhunt for
Cherif and Said Kouachi.
France has deployed tens of thousands of
security forces in the hunt for two brothers
accused of killing 12 people at the offices of the
satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, a hunt which
is now focused on a forest and several
woodland villages northeast of Paris.

www.dw.de/france-deploys-88000-troops-as-charlie-hebdo-manhunt-focuses-northeast-of-paris/a-18180946

You are fundamentally insane to insinuate France, a nation, is on the same wavelength with Nigeria, a jungle.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Is gej condemning is supporters today or then? Jimi agbaje and Fayose are threatening niger delta violence today, Asari, clarke and co have be doing it for years.

Btw which Buhari’s supporter is threatening violence today.

The same apply to GEJ, by not condemning the threat of his supporters now, he has no moral ground to condemn then after they had carried out their action. Don't ask me about which Buhari supporter is threatening violence, You read about GEJ buses not moving Kano to Kaduna, people placing GEJ billboard at nights in the North and all that nonsense. By the way, Buhari is even supporting his party's threat of parallel government. that says it all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
datolee:

The same apply to GEJ, by not condemning the threat of his supporters now, he has no moral ground to condemn then after they had carried out their action. Don't ask me about which Buhari supporter is threatening violence, You read about GEJ buses not moving Kano to Kaduna, people placing GEJ billboard at nights in the North and all that nonsense. By the way, Buhari is even supporting his party's threat of parallel government. that says it all.
Thats if anyone is planning to rig elections.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by taharqa: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

I didn't want to discuss that here because it's not the subject here. Btw that was a newspaper headline, you can Google and read the complete article.
Oh! 'darly' plzzz, lets discuss it. It is very relevant to d discussion, abi no be terroism we dey talk about? Post d complete article!! I hv never known you to run away from an opportunity to defend yr lord and master, so why start now?... Did Buhari say that Govt's fight against BH was a fight against d north? Did Buhari oppose d imposition of State of Emergency in parts of d NE when it was declared? Did Buhari openly wondered why d Govt was 'killing' BH terroists cos they were northerners while she gave amnesty and money to ND militants (who he calld 'terroists', even though he apparently hv fully embracd them now afta one of them recently 'endorsed' him). QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING. Ova to you...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by jmaine: 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
atlwireles:

Can you imagine angry angry angry angry

Don't mind the pretentious lot . . . . . sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by jmaine: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

Long drawn war with a group that started with less than 100 members, i doubt the French are going in our direction.

A war that started with "100" men with thousands of sympathizers who shielded them and gave them tacit support .
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by OLADD: 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
of course every group starts with a few peaceful individuals, the government allowed Bokoharam become what it is today. A group of ragtag criminals hiding in the bus to a monster claiming territory

No, Oby. I disagree with such postulation. In my previous post, I dwelled on the complexity and complication inherent in managing Nigeria due to our apparent but often played down political and religious diversities. Don't forget that the pioneer leader of Boko haram was unexplainably killed in detention moments after he was captured by soldiers during Yaadua's reign. Up till today, nobody has come up with concrete evidence of circumstances that led to his extra judicial killing and that apparently transformed the sect to a volatile militia. Remember also what came up when the military went all-out against Shekau at the peripheral of Jonathan's administration? Local and international media were bombarded with allegations of Jonathan "killing the north", "committing genocide" and all sorts of offensive tirades. That's our wonderland called Nigeria.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Cannonleo(m): 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
Vikkie14:
Provide you Evidence when its all over the place for US to see. Its Conspicous. Even if i cite any, will your political affiliation that has beclouded you make you reason with me?#NoBeef. You are just arguing blindly on this.
NEVER COMPARE FRANCE WITH NIGERIA. they are not mate--- in military POWER and PROWESS, in economy, in Democracy, in Maturity(in politics), in terror TRACKING, CRUSHING, in EVERYTHING.
FINALLY: they have closed to million if not million(s) of ACTIVE personnel and thousands or million RESERVIST. Nigeria has less than 200k ACTIVE personnel with "little" or virtually "NO reserves" personnels.

guyman Vikkie14 u dey reply apc e rats much less obiagelli..simple cohesion is almost non existent in their sphere is discussion..i hardly fathom any tangible reason for me to school such people in defense affairs..dont waste your time educating her pls.unless she is willing to engage within the levels of proper understanding..let her rant..i simply skip over such individuals..who have no time to put real issues in proper context and only seek to trivialize issues to suit their paymasters agenda...what does she know about gendearms.for christ sake 6 guys attacked westgate shopping mall in kenya and what happened...u know the story....has their been a siege in abuja before granted bomblasts have taken place they attacked Paris for crying out loud but obiageli you are in no position to compare charlie hebdo with bh insurgency.for one they have no northern elders fuelling supporting and breeding extremist..the dont have a NE that compromised initial JTF troops sent there to BH and are now crying blue murder as they have turned on them.
france doesnt have a bunch of so called statesmen who go about questioning the governments decision to impose rules and measures to contain a security situation...
u saw the immediate reaction nicholas sarkosy an opposition leader rushing in to meet hollande to discuss on the way foward..has you crazy holy worship opposition ever done so all am hearing is "are we in power,are we the government" ..and most importantly the NE geographically is semi-arid(not same in you idolized france) plus it has enough space to accomodate both france and andorra(fact)..finally they are not bordered by countries who provide safe habitation,support and utilization for and of BH insurgents.....none.our troops fight night and day to keep ur arse and mine safe and allyou do is to behave like an APC member before a NIGerian..let me ask you one question will apc and pdp exist if the entity called nigeria ever existed.....let me also jog your memory a little.by 2011 where was BH based answer..
Directly in maiduguri they controlled the capital.where are they today..fighting from border bases(initially with local support which has waned) and holding unto towns which they will lose in no time..many off you predicted a mass ISIL like advance for BH but unfortuntely they understand the word Frustration properly now...am very sorry for you likes if u enjoy e bashing. i plead with you to erase any attempt to use the nigerian military for it if you have no constructive criticism to offer
have a nice day

1 Like

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
OLADD:

No, Oby. I disagree with such postulation. In my previous post, I dwelled on the complexity and complication inherent in managing Nigeria due to our apparent but often played down political and religious diversities. Don't forget that the pioneer leader of Boko haram was unexplainably killed in detention moments after he was captured by soldiers during Yaadua's reign. Up till today, nobody has come up with concrete evidence of circumstances that led to his extra judicial killing and that apparently transformed the sect to a volatile militia. Remember also what came up when the military went all-out against Shekau at the peripheral of Jonathan's administration? Local and international media were bombarded with allegations of Jonathan "killing the north", "committing genocide" and all sorts of offensive tirades. That's our wonderland called Nigeria.

I agree with you but it all boils down to how the situation was handled.

Local and international media/organization condemned the killing of civilian, just like the other government faced such criticism. The US, Russia and even china faced criticisms too.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by OLADD: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

I agree with you but it all boils down to how the situation was handled.

Local and international media/organization condemned the killing of civilian, just like the other government faced such criticism. The US, Russia and even china faced criticisms too.

Well, those climes are far ahead in individual and collective behaviour and attitude. Our diversities as a nation are too numerous and that explains why we hardly agree on anything. A case on hand was the just concluded National Conference. There are people in the north who still believe Boko haram is a creation of Jonathan to annihilate them. I am sure you know what I mean- NEC, NYF ACF press statements...
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

I can see you don't want to be specific hence no need.

I wanted us to compare the reaction of French opposition and general public to your objective with Islam-o-political BokoHaram you so much appreciate above the government in power.

It is only in Nigeria that opposition volunteers as the media arm of a terrorist organisation, cheering and boosting the moral of the insurgents by criticising and demonising the Military to the extent that El'rufia calls them GEJ's army.

What do you say about Buhari's open declaration that a war against Bokoharam is a war against Northern Nigeria? Is this what the opposition in France are saying?

I think d French troops r actually going after d damn terrorists and not d other way round. what do u think when a whole military base is sacked even with prior knowledge of such since it wasn't d first time
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Redoil:
it is the same buhari hell rufia and the oppostion that have been shouting and crying blue muder whenever BH are been slaughterd like ram. Weren't you people that were shouting amnesty when you saw that BH were not achieving ur aims and goals ?

u should act first before pointing fingers. u people r just like da person who has failed to act to change anything but go about casting demons who do not even recognise him in his village. is it only in Nigeria will v opposition
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by arewaempire: 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
datolee:

Most GEJ supporters who threatened violence have direct link to Jona hence have his blessings in whatever they say while thr so called Buhari supporters mostly have to direct link to the General and do so without his approval.

You should get the difference.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by iluvnaija: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
GEJ can only send 88,000 troops to any state he want to visit. 80% of our troops guard politicians alone.

A convoy of a top military officer over 15 SUV packed with military men as if they are going to war.

I shook my head, this nation is gone.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Alvelt14(m): 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
d thing is in Nigeria, nobody wants to die. SIMPLE.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by taharqa: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
taharqa:
Oh! 'darly' plzzz, lets discuss it. It is very relevant to d discussion, abi no be terroism we dey talk about? Post d complete article!! I hv never known you to run away from an opportunity to defend yr lord and master, so why start now?... Did Buhari say that Govt's fight against BH was a fight against d north? Did Buhari oppose d imposition of State of Emergency in parts of d NE when it was declared? Did Buhari openly wondered why d Govt was 'killing' BH terroists cos they were northerners while she gave amnesty and money to ND militants (who he calld 'terroists', even though he apparently hv fully embracd them now afta one of them recently 'endorsed' him). QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING. Ova to you...
Wia is my 'darly' o...oby
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Redoil: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
correctguy0900:

u should act first before pointing fingers. u people r just like da person who has failed to act to change anything but go about casting demons who do not even recognise him in his village. is it only in Nigeria will v opposition
just go out and shut the door.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by idumuose(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
DONGOYARO1:
The Hauasas 2% of Boko Haram members. Majority of the Boko fighters are from the Kanuri ethnic group alongside their brothers from Niger, Tchad and Cameroon. Shekau is a Kanuri from Yobe.

Kanuri and Hausa are two different tribes
People who don't live in the north won't understand what you are saying cos they tag every northerner hausa,whereas,hausa is one of the many tribes present in the north.

Hausas by nature are very peace loving but because they chose to align theirselves with Fulani,people do no longer know the difference between Hausa,fulani and kanuri.Nobody cares if Abacha was Hausa or fulani or Kanuri,although he was kanuri,people saw him as Hausa.

1 Like

Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Ngwakwe: 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
jmaine:

Don't mind the pretentious lot . . . . . sad

Go to this thread and see how they have converted it to political rally. Nobody is even condemning the attack rather they are blaming themselves and the government. This is what encourages Bokoharam to do more.

Should we compare that to what happened in France?
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by jmaine: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Go to this thread and see how they have turned it to political rally. Nobody is even condemning the attack rather they are blaming themselves and the government. This is what encourages Bokoharam to do more.

Should we compare that to what happened in France?

It has always been so bro, what set of citizens derive bizarre joy whenever terrorism strike just to use it as a campaign bullet point.it's just too sad.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by ayindejimmy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
France deploys 88,000
troops as Charlie Hebdo
manhunt focuses
northeast of Paris
Two brothers allegedly responsible for the
Charlie Hebdo killings which left 12 dead in
Paris remain at large. Tens of thousands of
security officers have joined a manhunt for
Cherif and Said Kouachi.
France has deployed tens of thousands of
security forces in the hunt for two brothers
accused of killing 12 people at the offices of the
satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, a hunt which
is now focused on a forest and several
woodland villages northeast of Paris.

www.dw.de/france-deploys-88000-troops-as-charlie-hebdo-manhunt-focuses-northeast-of-paris/a-18180946

The terrorist situation was actually put to rest yesterday when those two brothers were killed by the French troops. This was largely due to their unflinching respond, ability to accept responsibility and take action

See below

https://www.nairaland.com/2085199/four-hostages-killed-france-put
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Dannyset(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
watered:
Are these the names of NLs that are members of BH?

U really need to grow up dis time around.
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by ejiro2130(m): 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Which BokoHaram are you referring to? The Sheikh Mohammed Yusuf's Islamic Revolution or the Islamo-Political Bokoharam supported and cheered by the "Opposition"?

Be specific, let's know your mindset and what you're trying to establish

Only deluded Nigerians still belive the opposition is responsible for boko haram!!
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by onuwaje(m): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Our government is busy looking for enemies to blame for its failures. News of 2000 people massacred in baga is flying around yet no word from our president yet. Though he was quick to sympathize with the 12 killed in France.

ever heard of the word clueless?
Re: France Deploys 88,000 Troops, What Did Nigeria Do When Bh Started by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
There are over 5000 Nigerian refugees in Chad due to Boko Haram violence.I have no idea the data from Cameroun,Niger,Benin republic.

Its sad,Jonathan won't even say a thing not to speak of bringing them back home.

Its like am dreaming sef,he never comot Chibok girls for Sambisa.I dey talk refugee.

Jonathan,There is God in everything you do and don't do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking!! TSA Impact!! 11600 Bank Workers To Be Sacked!! / List Of 10 Poorest States In Nigeria 2019 According To (NBS) / Nigeria Break-up Could Lead To The Extinction Of The Igbo Race!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.