Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? (3262 Views)

Change Mantra Is Useless If The Masses Are Still Suffering / Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Hillary Clinton Blasts President Jonathan. Claims He's Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by omenka(m): 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
owobokiri:

You must be one partisan hack. Must every thread be visited with your increasinly boring pro buhari rants? What has the igbo got to do with Jonathan and corruption? Is he igbo? Didn't your yoruba vote for him? From 2 billion missing while he was petroleum minister to questionable contract awards at PTF, is your messiah buhari really the saint? You really need to take a chill pill cos buhari is loosing this one again.
You sound awfully incoherent. Come again please.

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Ezemust: 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
Why my comment dey double na.
na so ur slap go double
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by owobokiri(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
omenka:
You sound awfully incoherent. Come again please.

Stop seeing igbo in your every nightmare! You want buhari as the next president? Vote for him! But desist from all those snide comments about Biafrans. Yorubas played as much role as Biafrans in making jonathan the president during the last elections. Thre are yorubas in his government. Igbos are not the reason your Imam buhari won't be the next president, his dangerous pedigree/politics are! So let the igbos off this one. Coherent enough for you slowpoke now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by omenka(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
owobokiri:

Stop seeing igbo in your every nightmare! You want buhari as the next president? Vote for him! But desist from all those snide comments about Biafrans. Yorubas played as much role as Biafrans in making jonathan the president during the last elections. Thre are yorubas in his government. Igbos are not the reason your Imam buhari won't be the next president, his dangerous pedigree/politics are! So let the igbos off this one. Coherent enough for you slowpoke now?
Come again?

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

where is ur evidence that he encourages it? let us argue with facts

a poster just said that Nigeria has improved in transparency rank. that is a good development
Do always take in everything in hook, line with the sinker? The guy just 'spak', he didn't provide the link. The guy sabi lie, it's somalia, North Korea and Afghanista that has always shared the 1st, 2nd and 3rd most corrupt for some years now. The following qoute is an from an article by thisday newspaper published on 6/12/2012. We ranked 35th in 2012 and 39th last year. We improved on the 'perception index' truly but not that drastic. See below.
With the latest ranking, Nigeria moved up four places from its ranking of 143 out of the 183 nations surveyed by TI in 2011. The country was ranked 134 out of 178 surveyed nations in 2010; 130 out of 180 nations in 2009; 121 out of 180 in 2008; 147 out of 180 countries in 2007; and 153 out of 180 surveyed nations in 2006.
. Pick ur calculator, minus it and see the positions.
Link: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/transparency-int-l-ranks-nigeria-35th-most-corrupt-nation/132720/

And on his strategy and buhari's, u can't fight it without jailing the convicted as the constitution says and also prison will not stop corruption. Combination of both and a host of others will. Like making minsters accountable 4 their ministries. The national assembly asked u to come and disclose as d constitution says, u're telling them u're only accountable to ur president, and the president didn't deem it fit to order her to comply, smh!

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
Do always take in everything in hook, line with the sinker? The guy just 'spak', he didn't provide the link. The guy sabi lie, it's somalia, North Korea and Afghanista that has always shared the 1st, 2nd and 3rd most corrupt for some years now. The following qoute is an from an article by thisday newspaper published on 6/12/2012. We ranked 35th in 2012 and 39th last year. We improved on the 'perception index' truly but not that drastic. See below.
. Pick ur calculator, minus it and see the positions.
Link: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/transparency-int-l-ranks-nigeria-35th-most-corrupt-nation/132720/

And on his strategy and buhari's, u can't fight it without jailing the convicted as the constitution says and also prison will not stop corruption. Combination of both and a host of others will. Like making minsters accountable 4 their ministries. The national assembly asked u to come and disclose as d constitution says, u're telling them u're only accountable to ur president, and the president didn't deem it fit to order her to comply, smh!

And in fact the president rose in her support even before due investigation. Smdh!
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2015
Lalasticlala

why is this not on FP?
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:37pm On Jan 10, 2015
omenka:
Honestly I'm still finding it hard to believe the president really made that statement in the first quote!! Seriously??!!

That aside, this "crate" incident has a funny side to it. To me, it further gives reasons why we must have Buhari steer the ship of this nation at this juncture when corruption seems to have assumed a life form. We would like Buhari to "crate" corruption like he did Umaru Dikko, and lock it up for eternity!! If a man shows so much commitment to bringing a crook to justice, give me a reason why I shouldn't support him.

And another thing; imagine what would have been coming out the president's mouth had Umaru been an Igbo man!!! But no one is talking about the General's intolerance to corruption regardless of who's involved (a "brother" from the "north" in this case).

Imagine it was Buhari we had as the Head of State during the Biafra war!! They would have been like; a vote for Buhari is a vote for the continuation of the genocide he started against Igbos in '66!!
So on point.
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by bokohalal(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
In China, a corrupt public official gets very long prison term or a bullet from behind the head. I think you have a choice.
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Boss13: 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

I dont think he has lost it. He is a good administrator. He makes mistakes like a lot of public officials but I think he is good.

My problem is why he keeps supporting corrupt people. I think some people are blackmailing him

I disagree with you on this. He has no grasp of the country. It seems the country is being administered by different groups and him being a figure head. To me he acts the same role as the queen of England, ceremonial head of state
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ezemust:
na so ur slap go double
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
owobokiri:

Read his comment again as a Nigerian, not as a party supporter and his post not as coming from an opposition or ethnic bigot

2 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by ogb5(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
It seems Jonathan did not understand how corruption has shaped Nigerian politics over the years.

Corruption is the magic word to get the southerners on the side of any leader.

Just come out to say you will tackle corruption and the southern press will line up behind you. The first coup in the 60s was to fight corruption, the Buhari overthrow of shagari was claimed as fighting corruption even when it was clear that nigeria's problem stemmed from falling oil price then. The Okhar coup against Babangida was claimed as fighting corruption, Abiola was voted for in 1993 because folks felt that he was rich and as such will have no reason to steal the common wealth.

Obasanjo simply labelled his political enemies as corrupt people and unleashed the efcc on them, to the praise of the gullible masses.

ask any Nigerian today between Tinubu and Ibori's who is more corrupt and most will tell you that Ibori is the more corrupt of the two, forgetting that Ibori impacted positively more on the lives of the people of Delta state than Tinubu did to the people of Lagos. This simply came about because Ibori was successfully branded as a thief and Tinubu as a progressive.

All Jonathan needed to have done to win the praise of the masses was to have labelled some folks as corrupt and made so much noise over their head. The southern press would have been singing how much they love Jonathan for fighting corruption, even though at the end of the day no one will actually go to jail for corruption. Just like in Obasanjo case, majority of those who took the rap for "corruption " where his political enemies.

Jonathan instead of making noise about corruption decided that the best way to frustrate corruption was to tighten govt processes. Instead of continuing the corrupt oil subsidy, he opted to end it out right thereby blocking that loophole, the mafia didn't like that, the masses did not understand the game. Instead of continuing the agricultural subsidy, he chose to register farmers and give them direct access to agricultural inputs thereby eliminating some corruption in the agricultural sector.

Southern Nigerians like melodrama, just make some drama about corruption and they will come dancing around you.

As for the northerners only God knows what they want.
To many of them, unless you are from the north, you are not good enough to rule.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by LouisVanGaal(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

I dont think he has lost it. He is a good administrator. He makes mistakes like a lot of public officials but I think he is good.

My problem is why he keeps supporting corrupt people. I think some people are blackmailing him
My dear, it seems u don't understand what being a good administrator entails! If GEJ was to be a good administrator, how come the $20b is still unaccounted for? How come #100bn of pension fund went missing? How come $1bn for Nigerian Army arms and they are still complaining? How come Immigration scandal, no one was held accountable? How come there is massive looting in his cabinet ministers..eg $10b for petroleum ministers servicing of ha personal aircraft..how abt chibok girls..where are they now...whose talking abt them in govt? When iyanya bomb blast happened, the next day, he went to campaign in kano...And you call jonathan a good administrator??

Buhari can still effect the same change by tackling corruption in the civilian ad..all he needs to do is to strengthen the institutions by funding them massively and giving them free hand to run their stuff! That's all!

Do you think, if an average police man on the road earns up to 120k/month and their welfare is well taken care of...do you think #20/#50 ud entice him again? Or do you think he won't go extra mile to secure the state? The politicians know all these things they just want the institutions bent on dia knees to do dia bidding; meanwhile they are supposed to be neutral!

Imagine the president using the IG of police to tell tambuwal to vacate d seat of speaker, asif the IG is court himself...? It's because the institution has been crippled! And as they said, when u can't stand up 4anything, u ud fall 4 everything...

As it is in the US, if obama messes up, the fbi ud come and ppick him straight...these one is not the case of 'shebe am the 1 funding you na'? The money is ours, and it should be used to fund the systems; but they make us bliv that they are the ones doing us a favour..

2 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by BigBen10: 1:38am On Jan 11, 2015
The truth the clueless one and his friends honestly believe in a corrupt Nigeria. They believe in a share the money type of government. If you look beyond GEJ previous statements and into his past, you will discover he truly believes in being corrupt. It was with the same boldness obasanjo showed his being corrupt to all of us.

These men are not alone. There supporters believe in a "share the money type of government". therefore we( the sane part of Nigeria) must rise up and wrestle power from these idiots OBJ put to lord over us.

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
minister2015:
how much did he steal abi how much did he stole, GEJ is a Ph.D holder, yet he doesn't know the diff. btw these two. shame

U must be a stupid idiot ooo!!! Wetin concern PhD concern speaking impeccable English Is gej an English man Is Nigeria an English country?

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Adminisher: 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
Goodluck has serious character defect related to money and corruption.
Please study his actions well beginning when he was deputy governor. He is gentle and humble in everything except money. The most aggressive I have seen Good luck Jonathan in the last ten years was when money was involved.

He was having a humble interview until someone spoke about asset declaration and he gave his I don't give a damn speech. The Nwobodo speech was also made in anger and fear. It is actually the altitudes of a village thief to a policeman. This man has serious native dishonesty and God has already stopped him.

Let tribalists and northo-phobic sentimentalists continue deceiving themselves.

If you give this man a second term he will RUIN this country. He is a very strange character, completely UN-interested in good name, reputation or even a legacy but strongly interested in money for himself and his cronies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Kororugged: 6:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
GEJ is a corrupt man. No need to beat around the bush

3 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by anonimi: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
Shewaukpo:
thank u, u have said my mind

how can you be a good person and be supporting corrupt people around u? undecided

How can people say Buhari is anti-corruption when he has Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, Amaechi, Nyako, Gemade, Akume etc around him
Let us not forget that pope Buhari canonised saint Abacha proclaiming he did not steal our money shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
anonimi:

How can people say Buhari is anti-corruption when he has Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, Amaechi, Nyako, Gemade, Akume etc around him
Let us not forget that pope Buhari canonised saint Abacha proclaiming he did not steal our money shocked

good point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by ba7man(m): 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
You can see how GEJ and PDP has been panicky since Buhari mentioned sending corrupt Politicians that refuse to change to Kirikiri. cheesy
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by lyntiffany(f): 9:32pm On Jan 11, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

Thank you. that is why i think some Nigerians are not truthful with themselves.

Jonathan can not solve corruption if Nigerians are very corrupt
my dear according to what I learnt from social studies back then in primary and sec sch I was taught that family is the smallest fraction or unit in the society.What am i gearing at? am saying that if we really need to curb this menace that is eating this society it begins with you and I.
That America is successful today is because people report inappropriate movement , atrocious behaviour and any evil they perceive around them whether your family, relation or friend they believe in Justice but down here is quite different.
we can conceal the crime of an uncle, a brother, aunt mother , father or a friend as long as we see them as our own .As for me charity they say begins at home.We want to fight corruption, it has to start with us.
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
lyntiffany:
my dear according to what I learnt from social studies back then in primary and sec sch I was taught that family is the smallest fraction or unit in the society.What am i gearing at? am saying that if we really need to curb this menace that is eating this society it begins with you and I.
That America is successful today is because people report inappropriate movement , atrocious behaviour and any evil they perceive around them whether your family, relation or friend they believe in Justice but down here is quite different.
we can conceal the crime of an uncle, a brother, aunt mother , father or a friend as long as we see them as our own .As for me charity they say begins at home.We want to fight corruption, it has to start with us.

You have some points but can we blame GEJ for the corruption in Nigeria?

Corruption is a problem with Nigeria from our fathers time. He cant solve it in just 6 years.He needs more time

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by minister2015: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
chuna1985:

U must be a stupid idiot ooo!!! Wetin concern PhD concern speaking impeccable English Is gej an English man Is Nigeria an English country?
U r indeed an absolute clown like Ur paymaster, he has been using english tru out his educational pursuit up to his so-called Ph.D; so now count hw many yrs he had been using english. By the way, I believe primary pupils in Ur village can resolve GEJ's grammatucal blunder.

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
OAM4J

Obinoscopy

Ngwakwe

oneeast

Submarine

Customized13

Redoil

Orlandoowh

Babyosisi

Desola

Berem

Obiagelli

Barcanister

reumdateur
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by patrick89(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
9jagirl4ree:
It seems that Dr Goodluck Jonathan does not understand that Nigerians want change from the current level of corruption in the country.

Some people say he is personally a good person but just surrounded by bad people, I think this might be true but how do we defend him when he makes the following comments?

Please how can we fight corruption when the C-in-C is making these type of comments? Some people say that people misunderstand his comments.

Can both Sides of the divide explain to Nairalanders what they think.

Intelligent discussions please, thanks
you don't pull up those quotes out of the contest and expect an objective discuss.
Did you witness bakassi boys era? Did that do anything to crime rate then in Anambra? but here, we have a governor who has positioned CCTV at strategic positions to curb crime, and I can tell you that crime has reduced to the minimum in Anambra. You hardly hear of robbery in Anambra, infact it doesn't exist anymore. Gej has embarked on similar tactics, because he believes that prevention is better that cure. He has made sure that people in government have less access to the raw funds, eg in fertiliser distribution that has been an area where corruption has thrived over the years is no longer the same again, this is because E-wallet was developed, it has removed diversion or any attempt to siphon money from the FG. Another one is having DaTA base for all workers in the country. This one alone has saved a lot for government, by removing ghost workers that abound in every sector. So preventing people from having access to the fund can go a long way, in strengthening our institution. Which I find very welcome unlike chasing around perceive enemy which will also escalate another problem. For instance if GEJ jails borno state governor for an alleged misappropriation of funds or embezzlement people will attack him for hunting his opponent! This can't stop corrupting in the system!! #Myopinion
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
FP pls
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Sloan: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2089627/gej-hits-another-home-run

- Ordinary, common stealing Nigerians will start shouting corruption - GEJ, Mumuologist

- If I arrest all corrupt Nigerians, who will run the government? - GEJ, Super Mumuologist (LWTMB!) grin grin grin

Meanwhile, he is wasting his time campaigning to empty seats in Ibadan and Abeokuta, meanwhile no light, no water, no security, no jobs, Chibok girls still missing, $10 B, $20 B, $55 B, etc (just choose one) is still missing! grin grin grin

After N 5 Tr in defence budget alone, 400,000+ strong Nigerian Forces, international collaboration with USA, Russia, France, UK and any country you can think of, etc still failure! JonqPafuka can just go back to Otuekwe already!

https://www.nairaland.com/2089627/gej-hits-another-home-run

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by adebisicutie: 3:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
When a leader grants pardon to even the few that have been convicted for corruption like Alams what message do you think that passes to everyone else who wants to embezzle
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
minister2015:
U r indeed an absolute clown like Ur paymaster, he has been using english tru out his educational pursuit up to his so-called Ph.D; so now count hw many yrs he had been using english. By the way, I believe primary pupils in Ur village can resolve GEJ's grammatucal blunder.

If ur intelligent enough, u should kno that ur educational qualification does not make u speak impeccable English, Pipo speak well wen they get the foundation right. @ Nursery, Primary n junior secondary, our ability to speak crystallizes. once u miss that stage, u will never reach impeccable levels again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Info Is Losing Its Credibility / Names Of Delta New Commissioners And Potfolio / 5 Politicians Who Were Caught Sleeping In Public – PHOTOS!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.