Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. (132787 Views)

Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Slaves from The Bight of Benin Vs The Bight of Biafra- Numbers & Cultural Legacy / Why African Women Must Go Natural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by r0cky(m): 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Sile12:
A master posing with newly acquired African slave.
insult
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 21, 2015
r0cky:
insult

grin
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 1:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
hardbody:
I had seen some of these pics at the slave museum in Calabar. However the real life experience at Elmina Castle in Ghana still haunts me till today. Those slaves suffered. That is all i can say. To think that my forbears strongly supported this act only in exchange for gin, gun powder and mirrors is another thing to think about. May God forgive them because I won't.
Slavery in Africa was much more different than in other parts of the world. African slave traders most likely didn't know of the harsh inhumane treatment
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 1:46am On Feb 23, 2015
macof:

Slavery in Africa was much more different than in other parts of the world. African slave traders most likely didn't know of the harsh inhumane treatment

Just got your message, they knew. The inhuman treatments started even before departure but they just don't care. After the trade its no longer their business, they had camps/warehouses around where slaves were kept for weeks before shipping and African slave traders often visit to transact business. Right there whipping, killing, raping and so on started.

3 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by r0cky(m): 6:43am On Feb 23, 2015
macof:

actually ...
. they never cared

2 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 23, 2015
hardbody:
I had seen some of these pics at the slave museum in Calabar. However the real life experience at Elmina Castle in Ghana still haunts me till today. Those slaves suffered. That is all i can say. To think that my forbears strongly supported this act only in exchange for gin, gun powder and mirrors is another thing to think about. May God forgive them because I won't.

Really suffered bro, imagine how greedy and short sighted we were, trading our brothers and sisters for few pieces of gold/silver coins, mirror, guns, coats, shoes, glasses, drinks, Tobacco powder, smokes and so on. Today, the greediness is still in our generation, thats why our government still don't care about their citizens, stealing Trillions meant to cater for millions of citizens to themselves. Won't they sell us if they had the opportunity..

3 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
The Book Of Negroes, 2015.

In 1750, stolen from Africa, eleven-year old Aminata Diallo is enslaved and forced to endure a treacherous journey to America.

"Survive this crossing, Daughter of Mamadu and Sira."

Ishilove have you seen this?

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Ishilove: 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2015
Sile12:
The Book Of Negroes, 2015.

In 1750, stolen from Africa, eleven-year old Aminata Diallo is enslaved and forced to endure a treacherous journey to America.

"Survive this crossing, Daughter of Mamadu and Sira."

Ishilove have you seen this?
No, never. This seems interesting though
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ishilove:

No, never. This seems interesting though

Yeah, interesting and quite touching. Seeing it at the moment.

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by khiaa(f): 7:12am On Mar 23, 2015
macof:

But they knew they were being sent across the Atlantic to never return to their home. sad
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 23, 2015
khiaa:

But they knew they were being sent across the Atlantic to never return to their home. sad

Yeah sure, husbands, wives, children, brothers&sisters were kidnapped on on the farms, way to streams and in their homes. They will be on the ship, chained and thinking about those they left behind. So horrible.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by khiaa(f): 9:41am On Mar 23, 2015
Sile12:

Yeah sure, husbands, wives, children, brothers&sisters were kidnapped on on the farms, way to streams and in their homes. They will be on the ship, chained and thinking about those they left behind. So horrible.

Yeah, you say horrible, but I as an AA who experience's the pain till this day I will say it's degrading, humiliating, shameful, embarrassing,
sickening, pathetic and unforgivable to know that your own people will sell you out over greediness. sad sad sad
The way Nigeria is so corrupt and greedy today, I wonder if you had the chance, would you sell your people out to slavery, knowing how dehumanizing it was.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by MrPresident1: 9:21am On Mar 24, 2015
khiaa:

Yeah, you say horrible, but I as an AA who experience's the pain till this day I will say it's degrading, humiliating, shameful, embarrassing,
sickening, pathetic and unforgivable to know that your own people will sell you out over greediness. sad sad sad
The way Nigeria is so corrupt and greedy today, I wonder if you had the chance, would you sell your people out to slavery, knowing how dehumanizing it was.

The forbidden fruit corrupted us irredeemably, so much so that God Himself had to die to save us.

And to the bolded... cry cry
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by khiaa(f): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2015
MrPresident1:

The forbidden fruit corrupted us irredeemably, so much so that God Himself had to die to save us.

And to the bolded... cry cry

God knows I hope the answer to the bolded is HELL NO!!!
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by rabzy: 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
khiaa:

Slavery has always been a part of human culture and society. There is no race that has never been enslaved and did not enslave others. The Romans enslave other europeans just so as to fatten and kill them as gladiators, the ottoman turks enslaved eatern and. Europeans and some parts of the west, trained them to fearlessbe fearless jainissaries to wage war on europe.
Nationalism and racism has made people identify with one another with skin color. Then if you had the same skin color as mine it does not make u my brother. In fact historically you could be the worst thing to me. In America, the red indian tribes were helping the whites to annihilate other enemy tribes because of historical differences. This is how the world was in those times and till now in many places

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by noahklub: 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
Do you know that the bible is about Africa, and written by Africans? Do you know that king Solomon was a black man?
'5. I am black, but comely, ….. . 6. Look not upon me because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: …..'.
- Songs of Solomon 1:5-6

for more details, see www.noahklub., www.facebook.com/noahklub.com, www.twitter.com/nuaclub

Do you know why you are poor? Do you know that there is nothing called money? Do you know that the concept of money is a charade and a fraud?
for more details, see www.noahklub., www.facebook.com/noahklub.com, www.twitter.com/nuaclub
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by khiaa(f): 9:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
rabzy:

Slavery has always been a part of human culture and society. There is no race that has never been enslaved and did not enslave others. The Romans enslave other europeans just so as to fatten and kill them as gladiators, the ottoman turks enslaved eatern and. Europeans and some parts of the west, trained them to fearlessbe fearless jainissaries to wage war on europe.
Nationalism and racism has made people identify with one another with skin color. Then if you had the same skin color as mine it does not make u my brother. In fact historically you could be the worst thing to me. In America, the red indian tribes were helping the whites to annihilate other enemy tribes because of historical differences. This is how the world was in those times and till now in many places

Yeah, but slavery wasn't the same as slavery in America *chattel slavery* where the African slaves in America were dehumanized and legally written to be half human and half beast. They were seen as beast of burden, no different than a horse, mule, or donkey and lack of human emotions. They were stripped of EVERYTHING, language, culture, their sir names and first named, marriage, naming their own children, their families because they were torn apart at the will of old Charlie. They were butchered, some were kept in chains for 24 hrs. a day.
American slavery was the worst slavery in history. Read about it so that next time you want to make comparisons to others, you will know the difference.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by rabzy: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2015
khiaa:

Yeah, but slavery wasn't the same as slavery in America *chattel slavery* where the African slaves in America were dehumanized and legally written to be half human and half beast. They were seen as beast of burden, no different than a horse, mule, or donkey and lack of human emotions. They were stripped of EVERYTHING, language, culture, their sir names and first named, marriage, naming their own children, their families because they were torn apart at the will of old Charlie. They were butchered, some were kept in chains for 24 hrs. a day.
American slavery was the worst slavery in history. Read about it so that next time you want to make comparisons to others, you will know the difference.

I know how the American slavery system was and how cruel it was, and how sharply different it was from the slavery system in subsaharan africa. What I was replying to was not about the system employed, I was talking about the concept of slavery, and why it was not strange that Africans could sell other Africans as slaves. It doesn't mean our forefathers were stupid or extra cruel, slavery was an accepted concept in the world of that time. My post was not about comparison.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by snowwhyte(f): 11:36am On Mar 25, 2015
ur frnd is correct dat attire is worn by yakurr maidens during their festival called(leboku).in cross river state.it is held once in a year usually august
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by snowwhyte(f): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2015
@ segix ur frnd is correct dat attire is worn by yakurr maidens during their festival called(leboku).in cross river state.it is held once in a year usually august
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 3:22pm On Mar 28, 2015
khiaa:

Yes but my point is most Africans didn't know of the treatment

slaves in Africa were treated as members of the household

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 3:24pm On Mar 28, 2015
khiaa:

This is where I completely go against black slavery because blacks had to deal with a lot of suffering.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by khiaa(f): 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2015
macof:

This is where I completely go against black slavery because blacks had to deal with a lot of suffering.

You should go against slavery of any kind.

1 Like

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by khiaa(f): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2015
macof:

Yes but my point is most Africans didn't know of the treatment

slaves in Africa were treated as members of the household

But like one of the Nl members said, they knew what was going on because the whipping started before they left the shores of Africa. When your/my ancestors came to the slave camps to collect their money, they witnessed the abuse and suffering but they didn't care, they were concered about getting their money and little trinkets, you know, mirrors, guns, gun powder, alcohol.
It was all business to them.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2015
khiaa:

You should go against slavery of any kind.
Sure cus in today's world it is immoral but not back in the days
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 31, 2015
This kind of thing makes me want to HATE white people, but the more annoying thing is that African kings & chiefs were also involved in this barbaric act.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 31, 2015
teeowl:
This kind of thing makes me want to HATE white people, but the more annoying thing is that African kings & chiefs were also involved in this barbaric act.

Our chiefs, kings, and brothers were also involved selling their people because of selfishness and greed.

Without internal enemy, its alway difficult for external enemy to succeed. We gave them the chance and its still around us today.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 31, 2015
Exactly... there were traitors among us that allowed the white men to succeed in that barbaric act.

Sile12:

Our chiefs, kings, and brothers were also involved selling their people because of selfishness and greed.

Without internal enemy, its alway difficult for external enemy to succeed. We gave them the chance and its still around us today.
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by macof(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2015
khiaa:

But like one of the Nl members said, they knew what was going on because the whipping started before they left the shores of Africa. When your/my ancestors came to the slave camps to collect their money, they witnessed the abuse and suffering but they didn't care, they were concered about getting their money and little trinkets, you know, mirrors, guns, gun powder, alcohol.

Slave camps to collect their money?? That's funny..why would anybody give out a slave without collecting money at that moment?

Anyway am not saying slavery was good but Africans found nothing wrong with it because
1. We also kept slaves in our household
2. We were at a period of wars in West Africa(some of which was incited by Europeans), warring nations raiding neighbouring cities and captured their people
3. We found a new way to deal with criminals rather than jail, banishment and sacrifice

But my/your ancestors should have known better than to trust total foreigners over your neighbours
That's still a huge problem in West Africa today

2 Likes

Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Raiders: 3:44am On Apr 02, 2015
khiaa:

No one cared because most of the African slaves sent to the Americas were criminals or prisoners of war. Back in the days, There was nothing like jails or prison in Africa before contact with the Europeans. Most rapist, thieves and murderers were usually banish from the village or executed depending on the crime. When the Europeans came to west Africa, The village kings discovered that it was more profitable to sell the Criminals and war prisoners to the Portuguese and British as slaves than to execute them or banish them. There were also slaves raiders who go around kidnapping innocent kids and adults from their village so that they could sell them to the Europeans. However they account for a very small percentage of the slaves sold
Re: 18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2022
Chai! These people dealt with africa seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.