Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,843 members, 7,862,763 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

Politics In Nigeria- The PDP/APC Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics In Nigeria- The PDP/APC Saga (574 Views)

APC Saga -john Oyegun Bags 14 Days Ultimatum / The Saraki, Tinubu And APC Saga / How PDP/APC Rig Elections: Ekiti Rigging Meeting Leaked Audio - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics In Nigeria- The PDP/APC Saga by francizy(m): 6:51am On Jan 11, 2015
The Nigerian politics is rather unique in a way. In Nigeria, many things pass for politics. Leaders of other countries, especially developed countries do not often keep to their words, political looting is hardly heard of. Nigerian politics is unique because Nigerian politicians often seems to do all the necessary political evil before and while in a political office.

If we want a change in Nigeria, it has to begin with the masses. What happened to the saying "United We Stand"? Why can't we be united for once? We don't have to behave like there is a curse implanted in the black skin that goes on from the generation of slavery down to this present day.

I want to utilize this medium to beg Nigerians to shun the following:

- Political Thuggery: I've never heard of cases where our politicians put their children or relations in political war front. I tag it a war front because that is what it really looks like. During wars/politics, the Leaders and their children often relax indoors while the soldiers/masses die in numbers at the war front.

- Election Rigging: The Ruling party has always been associated with election rigging and I pray and hope it doesn't happen in the forthcoming general election. Under age voting is more common in northern Nigeria. I put Under Age Voting under Election Rigging because there is/are no difference(s) between them. I beg on Nigerians to avoid Under Age Voting and please do monitor your votes in order for rigging not to occur.

Post Election Violence: This evil act when perpetrated serves the perpetrators as if justice is been served. This is an act of illiteracy and lack of regard for the human life and the recognition of the existence of other tribes. Why do we kill thousands of people because of one person loosing election? What does that say about our cultures and traditions? Are we born to "Rule" and "Kill"? Does one always have to win in politics? Even if election was rigged, are the people that were/will be killed the ones who rigged it? What happened to "peaceful protest"? Do we have zero tolerance for other tribes? Does that mean that we're politically daft? How do we rate ourselves better than animals? We have to answer all these questions positively to know if post election violence is the answer. We do not have to break that which we can't create.

Having said all these, I wish all Nigerians the best come February 14 and by God's grace, the best candidate shall win.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Govt Is Violent Driven, Terrorst Friendly And Hostile To The Citizens- / Lamido Praises Buhari At PDP Rally / Facts About All Progressive Congress (apc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.