Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. (1237 Views)

Question For Catholic Igbo Men / Justice And Law Are Partial / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
A certain man is tried and found to be guilty for a crime he committed, and as such he is sentenced to 25 years imprisonment. After one year of serving jail time, this man contracts a terrible disease and dies while in prison and his body is released to be buried by his people. Now, on their way to bury this man, he suddenly jacks back to life and regains consciousness.

Now if the authorities find out, is he supposed to go back to jail to complete his jail time, since he only served one year before his sudden death and resurrection?

Lawyers in the house, can you help me answer this question please? grin
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by ijechikky(f): 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
It depends,but ow I see; Its wen a person dies in d process of serving a life sentence,his body is put in d prison tomb and chained,pending d expiration of d sentence,but yet again if he does hide out a Few years he can command d statue of 'limitations"...otherwise ,he goes back and serves his jail time,its complicated really
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
ijechikky:
It depends,but ow I see; Its wen a person dies in d process of serving a life sentence,his body is put in d prison tomb and chained,pending d expiration of d sentence,but yet again if he does hide out a Few years he can command d statue of 'limitations"...otherwise ,he goes back and serves his jail time,its complicated really

hmm! so der is sth called a prison tomb? is dis practised in nigeria? so if inmates die in nigeria, day are buried in dia prison tombs?
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by ijechikky(f): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
obongproff:

hmm! so der is sth called a prison tomb? is dis practised in nigeria? so if inmates die in nigeria, day are buried in dia prison tombs?
yes der is,I dunno if dey still practise it in nigeria,but den if sm1 was givin a life sentence nd d persn died whilst serving he will b buried in a prison tomb wit a chain attached 2it,signyfyin dat he was still a prisoner evn in death..
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
ijechikky:
yes der is,I dunno if dey still practise it in nigeria,but den if sm1 was givin a life sentence nd d persn died whilst serving he will b buried in a prison tomb wit a chain attached 2it,signyfyin dat he was still a prisoner evn in death..

Wow! But is d same tin applicable if he wasn't given a life sentence and he dies while serving time?
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by 2SWT(f): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Funny question

l guess its an imagination
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Erm lets assume this can actually happen...

He would just go back to prison to finish his time either way.
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by blank(f): 9:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
This happened in a movie. He got a death certificate so was legally allowed to get a new identity and become a new person since he was legally dead.
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 12, 2015
blank:
This happened in a movie. He got a death certificate so was legally allowed to get a new identity and become a new person since he was legally dead.

Lolz! Is dat a Nollywood movie? Wots d title of d movie?
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by LordReed(m): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2015
blank:

This would be my opinion as well.
Re: A Question For All Legal Practitioners And Law Students In The House. by blank(f): 1:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
obongproff:

Lolz! Is dat a Nollywood movie? Wots d title of d movie?

Actually, it was on oyibo series. Can't really remember but i know it was one of those crime/detective series. Why they were so pained was because the guy was a terrible serial murderer although he said he had an epiphany.

(1) (Reply)

Wedding That Had That Interesting Sign At The Entrance / see what a toddler is doing(photo) / Guys And Ladies Share The Positive Impacts Of Nairaland On Your Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.