Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post (1273 Views)

Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / List Of States Collating Results Presently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Meanwhile 2000 people in Baga where killed and our President is mute! Nigerians do you want to continue like this? Are you proud being a Nigerian citizen? Is French life greater than Nigerian life? Think, think. think...Don't be fooled..If you are killed today, no one cares, if you are kidnapped no one cares. All they care about is the billions they will steal. Compare and contrast the French and Nigerian response. Don't be fooled it is time for change. Don't be the next victim before you think we need anything but Jonathan!

-CramJones

PARIS — An extraordinary chain of humanity including a coalition of world leaders linking arms and at least 1.3 million others marched down the Boulevard Voltaire in a historic show of force Sunday, meant to illustrate the power of unity and freedom of expression over the sting of fanaticism and terror.

After a barrage of violence that traumatized the nation and left 17 victims dead, the boulevards of Paris produced a striking counter image: French President François Hollande, arm and arm with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and flanked by the likes of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and a host of European and African leaders. An estimated 3 million people nationwide — more than a third of them in Paris — mobilized in what authorities called France’s largest ever mass rally, with sister demonstrations of support erupting from Ramallah to Sydney to New York. “Paris is the capital of the world today,” Hollande said.

Christians, Atheists, Jews and Muslims stood side by side, sending up shouts of “Charlie, Charlie, Freedom of Speech!” — a reference to Charlie Hebdo, the satirical newspaper whose offices were attacked by Islamist extremists at the start of three days of terror last week. Crushing throngs filled the streets with the red, white and blue of the French flag as tearful family members of the fallen walked in a place of honor on a symbolic 2.1-mile path from the Place de la République to the Place de la Nation......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/hundreds-of-thousands-are-expected-to-march-in-paris-solidarity-rally/2015/01/11/3befc7e2-996e-11e4-927a-4fa2638cd1b0_story.html

1 Like

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by clubone0501: 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Support. ..hmmm
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by Olemabu(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
No to terrorism!
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by Nobody: 2:05am On Jan 12, 2015
I like this [url=cramjones]old troll[/url] cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by mekaboy(m): 2:11am On Jan 12, 2015
I hope buhari is watching. The world is against bokoharam and sharia.

1 Like

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by ORAFA(m): 4:03am On Jan 12, 2015
Now those are leaders
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:44am On Jan 12, 2015
mekaboy:
Jonathan is the one you should be asking, he swore, as the President, to protect Nigerians. I have been following the attack in Paris since last Wednesday. Immediately it occured the French President came out to condemn it (unlike Jonathan that won't say anything, but ask Abati to issue a press statement). Immediately, leaders of other countries joined the French President in condemning the attack because of his seriousness. When it was the case in Nigeria, other countries hardly condemned it because our own President is not serious. He would rather choose to be in his party's rally.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by mekaboy(m): 5:47am On Jan 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Jonathan is the one you should be asking, he swore, as the President, to protect Nigerians. I have been following the attack in Paris since last Wednesday. Immediately it occured the French President came out to condemn it (unlike Jonathan that won't say anything, but ask Abati to issue a press statement). Immediately, leaders of other countries joined the French President in condemning the attack because of his seriousness. When it was the case in Nigeria, other countries hardly condemned it because our own President is not serious. He would rather choose to be in his party's rally.

Other countries dont condemn it because Nigerian ex president said an attack on the perpetrators is an attack on the north. The northern elders ask the govt not to attack them.

If Nigerians feel that an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north, why wlll other countries get involved?

It is a family affair.

Since buhari and his people prefer bokoharam to attack the north thN have the military attack them, why shld Gej worry?

Are they not the ones donating their daughters.

1 Like

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:28am On Jan 12, 2015
mekaboy:

Other countries dont condemn it because Nigerian ex president said an attack on the perpetrators is an attack on the north. The northern elders ask the govt not to attack them.

If Nigerians feel that an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north, why wlll other countries get involved?

It is a family affair.

Since buhari and his people prefer bokoharam to attack the north thN have the military attack them, why shld Gej worry?

I almost believed we all possess at least, a working Brian.

I guess I was wrong. Your comments ensure that

2 Likes

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by mekaboy(m): 9:59am On Jan 12, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I almost believed we all possess at least, a working Brian.

I guess I was wrong. Your comments ensure that

The truth is bitter, find something sweet to swallow it with.
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 12, 2015
atlwireles:

The only thing that will tear Hollande apart, is a refusal by his party or himself to deport all moslems from France and a revocation of their citizenship.. The Islamic roaches need to stay in their countries.

Civilised people don't think like you and your president, this is how they react to issues

1 Like

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by Horizona001(m): 10:13am On Jan 12, 2015
mekaboy:

It is a family affair.

What is this one saying?
blaming the north. hmmm
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by atlwireles: 11:06am On Jan 12, 2015
Obiagelli:

Civilised people don't think like you and your president, this is how they react to issues

why is this lying transgender manipulating my comment.
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by SweetJoystick(m): 11:08am On Jan 12, 2015
That's the way to go. Say no to TERRORISM!!!
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:25am On Jan 12, 2015
mekaboy:

It is a family affair.

God bless you. That is what would have happened in Nigeria.
1. Almajiri youth would gone berserk killing innocent Nigerians mostly Christians , razed down churches shops and buildings belonging to infidels because of that cartoon.
2. Northern Elders Forum would have threatening to drag FG to Hague for genocide.
3. APC would have blamed Jonathan for failing to provide security to the slain journalists .
4. Amnesty international would blacklisted for extra judicial killing.
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by cashmentor(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2015
mekaboy:
I have come to HATE people like you so Bad that I get some stomach upset every time I read post like yours... I mean, are you guys kids? Do you even know what it'll cost us as a people and a Nation if GEJ ever comes back? He'll finish what he started and wreck what is left of this Nation. GEJ is unfit to rule my neighborhood let alone my Beloved Country, tuffiaaa! Ye'all go about screaming gej till 2080, gej till 2020 and I just wonder if you guys think with your anus because a normal Nigeria will not vote back a man who cannot protect his Country nor provide basic needs for his people. I am so unhappy with many So called Nigerians who need changes and yet still hope that GEJ will provide this changes, CHANGE he couldn't provide for 6years?

Nigerians! No Offense, but many of you guys are sick in the head. If you know what you're bargaining for, I bet you'll think wisely and make a better decision and save your future of the wreck that is waiting to happen, after your Country would have been torn apart by Boko Haram and Poor economic policies due to a man who led the Nation into its Downfall...GEJ my Aszz!

1 Like

Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by Missy89(f): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
You have leaders of countries that are cracking down on free speech in their country marching in Paris.

No one is buying it.
Re: Massive Rally against terror in Paris with 41 heads of states - Washington Post by johnie: 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
This is what Nigerians should have done long ago!

See Sakorzy and Hollande jointly marching against terrorism!

See Abass and Netanyahu!

Here, our politicians play politics with serious issues!

Unfortunately, most of the international celebrities we saw teeeting and holding #bringbackourgirls banners thought they were joining a symbolism like the one in France over the weekend.

Little did they realise that the were hoodwinked into our local politics.

THE "BRING BACK OUR GIRLS" CHANT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DIRECTED AT THE TERRORIST!

After 9/11, Boston Marathon and other bombings, Americans of all religious and political leanings rallied to condemn the attacks and loudly voiced their support for the unity and sovereignty of their country.

What do we have here?

Southerners openly suggesting that what happens in the north does not concern them. There is a derogatory saying from one of the southern ethic groups that "Gambari killed a Fulani. No case"

People who have lost political influence jump on the bandwagon to revive their flailing political carrers

SAD!

(1) (Reply)

Audacity Of Hope: A Corper’s Encounter With President Jonathan / How The Clueless One Defeated All The Political Dragons Holding Nigeria Hostage / Picture Of Women Collecting PDP Rice And Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.