Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago (26398 Views)

"Northern Governors Have Abandoned Buhari Because Of VP Slot" - Arewa Youths / "I will tone down my criticism of Buhari because of Fashola" – Fayose (Video) / We Overthrew Buhari Because Of Too Much Frustration In The Society - IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by ikecheff: 6:05am On Jan 12, 2015
Singer Seun Kuti,the son of popular late afrobeat legend Fela Kuti has said he can not vote for Buhari because of what he did to his father 31 years ago.

According to him,Buhari jailed his father and denied him the chance of seeing his father when he was young. 

“Truth is that I have no reason to give my vote to any of the two contestants, but more especially Buhari because of the eternal emotional damage he caused the Kuti family, especially me” .

“I will only urge Nigerians, especially her youths, to come out enmasse to elect the ruler of their choice so that Nigeria’s democracy will continue to grow. As for me though, I will never vote for Buhari because of what he did to my father. It is a personal grouse."

“Buhari denied me the chance of seeing my father in the early stage of my life. He arrested and detained Fela in Kirikiri for the same number of years I was growing up without a father, and even did not allow his family members to see him on a daily basis. He eventually jailed my father and I will always remember that. He jailed my innocent father on currency trafficking, but he is claiming to be a saint now."
http://www.tribune.com.ng/razzmatazz/item/26392-31-yrs-after-jailing-fela-my-grouse-with-buhari-seun-kuti

http:///4x6

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:10am On Jan 12, 2015
Seun Kuti na Seun Kuti, BeeBeeOoh na BeeBeeOoh, you na you. If Seun Kuti no wan vote dat 1 konsanam, if hin vote na him e stil konsan. I know who ai ghana vote..

Thanks to Anambra state govt 4 making 2day a public holiday becos I 4 no b here nairalanding & joblessnessing since morning. Hail 2d man up-front. Humming unclad around d compound & SMD..

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by jorlons(m): 6:12am On Jan 12, 2015
en warever if you don't I will, its too early, too cold plus I'm very tired and too sleepy to argue this early momo.

Seun...not you Osewagrin, kuti I'll deal with you larer till then....

#Sai Buhari 2019

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by oderemo(m): 6:13am On Jan 12, 2015
Seun there wAs a law in place which your dad breached.
Moreover your dad wasn't a saint either but we love him still.

169 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by nerodenero: 6:13am On Jan 12, 2015
APC as a party and members love this man so much that they think he is their messiah but I beg to differ but do you blame them? I blame Jonathan for failing on his promises.Six years gone and the country is still a mess.

I am looking beyond the two and hoping their exit would pave way for better candidate in 2019.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by ULSHERLAN(m): 6:14am On Jan 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by PapiWata: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2015
Not to worry Mr. Kuti. The spirit of your father, the Afro Beat King, has placed a powerful African curse on that evil creature now seeking for the 5th time to RULE over Nigeria as an imaginary birthright, and that curse will ASSURE yet another epic FAILURE for Weeping General Buhari who still basks in the illusion that the past has no bearing on the present.

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by FastShipping: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2015
It was Supreme Military Council who jailed your father; not just "Buhari".

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by nerodenero: 6:15am On Jan 12, 2015
oderemo:
Seun there wAs a law in place which your dad breached.
Moreover your dad wasn't a saint either but we love him still.
https://www.nairaland.com/2088452/crimes-buhari-prof-wole-soyinka#29713324

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by listenersky: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2015
Femi I know,Yeni I know,who is Seun?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by knightsTempler: 6:16am On Jan 12, 2015
Who in their right senses will vote for a former coup plotter and dictator. Buhari has nothing to offer Nigerians.

On a another note;

Some Internet APC folks are really scary.

"My way or I send your head rolling on the floor!".

"Vote for my candidate or I'll do horrible stuff to you and your entire generation".

"If my candidate loses this election, I will show you pepper...wait and see".

"While my opponents were wasting their time in towns and villages, I the infallible know-it-all elitist was winning EVERY internet poll, cast by people with awesome imagination who live thousands of miles away from Nigeria. This simply means that I have won, victory is mine, the outcome of the actual election MUST mirror my internet poll victories or else...somebody's gotta go home with the body intact, minus the head".

Scary right?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by speakthetruth: 6:17am On Jan 12, 2015
IsoRai.
Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 12, 2015
Seun not only you, I wonder why buhari's moral and economic sins will be forgotten too soon.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by funkiebully: 6:18am On Jan 12, 2015
I urge apc e-rats to go and listen to prophet Fela's songs especially beast of no nation and army arrangement.

U will know who buhari is, enough of this deception.

Buhari is a bastard.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by PapiWata: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2015
knightsTempler:
Who in the right senses will vote for a former coup plotter and dictator. Buhari has nothing to offer Nigerians.

On a another note;

"Vote for my candidate or I'll do horrible stuff to you and your entire generation".

"While my opponents were wasting their time in towns and villages, I the infallible know-it-all elitist was winning EVERY internet poll, cast by people with awesome imagination who live thousands of miles away from Nigeria. This simply means that I have won, victory is mine, the outcome of the actual election MUST mirror my internet poll victories or else...somebody's gotta go home with the body intact, minus the head".

Scary right?

Ha ha ha you's da MAN ! Imaginary victories will be won by all the real world losers who deserve to fail in ALL they attempt throughout their pointless, oxygen-wasting lives.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by ericessien24: 6:21am On Jan 12, 2015
you guys are just arguing for no reason,all this politicians are friends ,they just making it look real,even goodluck loose he still a former president,enjoying almost still everything he is doing now.so people stop fighting over this people cos they don't know if you exist. the change should be voting for someone new on a random party.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by gede7744(f): 6:21am On Jan 12, 2015
what hsppen to 'forgive and forget' being preached in churches? moreover ur dad dies 31 solid years ago. must u fight on behave of d dead? let d dead do their fighting when u face ur life

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by PapiWata: 6:24am On Jan 12, 2015
gede7744:
what hsppen to 'forgive and forget' being preached in churches? moreover ur dad dies 31 solid years ago. must u fight on behave of d dead? let d dead do their fighting when u face ur life

May I politely suggest with all humility that you go ffuck yourself. Thank you for your cooperation.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by gede7744(f): 6:29am On Jan 12, 2015
PapiWata:

May I politely suggest with all humility that you go ffuck yourself. Thank you for your cooperation.

ignore

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by NaijaOptimist: 6:30am On Jan 12, 2015
Freedom to vote and be voted for, your decision is your choice.
For me and my household...change we want.

FeBuhari is here.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Burger01(m): 6:35am On Jan 12, 2015
Fela of blessed memory was a radical singer. This didn't go down well with not only Buhari but other government that may be. Clamping Fela in the cell was the only way they could shut him up. Still Fela never gave up. He always fought the government with his songs. Abami eda, my respect.

Ogbeni Seun, what has happened has happened. Life goes on.

FeBuhari 2015.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by PapiWata: 6:38am On Jan 12, 2015
Burger01:

Ogbeni Seun, what has happened has happened. Life goes on.

FeBuhari 2015.

Life goes on and Buhari will continue to fail in EVERY endeavor on which he embarks. Thank you for this illuminating reminder.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 12, 2015
Your vote doesnt make a differenceundecided
Thousands of nigerian wl be votin for him,so swerve fast.
#buhari till 2019

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Mogidi: 6:42am On Jan 12, 2015
If only Fela was alive to see the beast Buhari being turned into a cuddly teddy bear.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by ruffp: 6:43am On Jan 12, 2015
knightsTempler:
Who in the right senses will vote for a former coup plotter and dictator. Buhari has nothing to offer Nigerians.

On a another note;

Scary right?

Don't speak cuz its free......speak cuz u have something of note to say.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 12, 2015
gede7744:
You are so dúmb it hurts..

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by PapiWata: 6:47am On Jan 12, 2015
ruffp:
Don't speak cuz its free......speak cuz u have something of note to say.

You might need to take a course in remedial English comprehension to understand the passage you quoted here, so please don't feel sad about not knowing what it all means at this point.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by gede7744(f): 6:52am On Jan 12, 2015
fabiano09:

You are so dúmb it hurts..

takes after u

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Nobody: 6:54am On Jan 12, 2015
gede7744:

takes after u
Jah forbid.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti:I Wil Not Vote For Buhari Because Of What He Did 2 My Father 31yrs Ago by Elthugnificent(m): 6:55am On Jan 12, 2015
Your dad was referring to you when he sang #SufferingAndSmilling.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Plateau State Assembly Elects Minority Member As Speaker / Arrested Judge Tells DSS He Made His Money From Rice Business / EFCC Transfers Fani-kayode To Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.