Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House (26393 Views)

Ihedioha Inspects Bedroom & Offices At Imo Government House After Okorocha Exit / Ihedioha Inspects Imo Government House After Okorocha Left (Photos) / Rochas Okorocha Leaving Imo Government House In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by mamotalk: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hoodlums on Tuesday assaulted pensioners who were at the Imo State Government House in Owerri, the state capital to protest their five months unpaid pension and gratuities.

This is the fifth time in less than a month the senior citizens were protesting their nonpayment of pensions and gratuities by the governor Hope Uzodinma led administration.

Trouble started when thugs clutching canes formed a barricade, stopping the pensioners from approaching the Government House’s main gate.

The senior citizens who were resolute in their demands defied the situation which led the flogging by the thugs.

While the retirees were shouting and sobbing, a detachment of police operatives led by an assistant commissioner of police, AJ Moses, arrived at the scene.

While the cops dispersed the thugs, the police chief started appealing to the pensioners.

Our correspondent, who monitored the situation, heard the police chief telling the pensioners to work with the appropriate organs of the government but the pensioners in return told the ACP that they had exhausted all avenues of reconciliation with the government.

The pensioners accused the government of being insensitive to their plights.

One of the pensioners, Ebenezer Ibekwe, who spoke to journalists said that the thugs were sent by the government.

Ibekwe, who mentioned that he retired as a secondary school principal in 2011, said the thugs had poured water on them on their way to the government house in a bid to stop them from embarking on the protest.

The retiree said that no amount of intimidation by the state government would stop them from continually demanding that their pensions and gratuities be paid to them.

He said, “Thugs were flogging us their, fathers and mother. I pity them because they have dug their graves. At Warehouse junction, why we were coming, they accosted us and were pouring water on us. This has never happened in this state before.

“The monies we worked for and the government is sending urchins, idiots and never do wells to assault people who are old enough to be their fathers, mothers, and grandparents.”

When contacted, the Senior Special Assistant to the governor on print media, Modestus Nwamkpa, said that thugs did not flog the pensioners.

He, however, said that the state government was frowning at illegal protests in the state.

Nwamkpa said that the government had discovered that most of the protesters were ‘ghost pensioners’ who were being used by the opposition politicians to discredit the performances of the government.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/hoodlums-flog-protesting-pensioners-at-imo-govt-house/%3famp=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by IamWonderful: 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
hmmm this is barbaric

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
This is extremely sad. In a country with a working social system those youths would have been in jail by now, but alas, they are probably roaming the streets oblivious of the crime they committed

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
I wonder if this will reach front page

Seun Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2020
This is stupid
You pay youths to flog thier parents
Instead of us to condemn this stupid act, tribalists have turned this to their war of shame as usual
Who do this CORNTREE like this?

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by flyingpig: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Supreme Court Governor is mad

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Saao(m): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ssa to the governor said the thugs did not flog them and said illegal protest. The government indeed sent them and again who define what protest is illegal or legal? What kind of people do we have in government? You sent thugs to flogg your fathers and mothers because you are in government? One day this country will explode if care is not taking

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Ruggedniggaone: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
what did you expect from a supreme Court Governor? he did not get there with your votes and he won't be needing your votes in the nearest future supreme Court,inec and securities will secure second term for him.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by searchng4love: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
This is the development APC wants to bring to Edo State..... Supreme Court abracadabra governor

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Woleett: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
Agberos flogging their fathers in biafuro land? Cursed generation grin

23 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Tobimercy(f): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
that is the new happening now, if you protest for your right government will send hoodlums to attack you. they want us to be slave for them, time will tel

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by CHANNELStv2020: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
Horrible indeed
Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Supreme Court governor at it again

5 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by nairavsdollars(f): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hope-less idiot in Government House

3 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Kemimarch16(f): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lol nothing wey u no go see for nija
Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Kentuforchrist(m): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Is there anything like abomination in the brain of ipob lunatics? angry

A typical ipob miscreant will wake his father from sleep as if he is kicking football, so this is nothing to him. undecided
is that all u have to say.

22 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by starbuck(f): 4:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Our fathers laboured in vain cry
Should we allow the same treatment be meted on our kids...

It's time to change the CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Halfamilli: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Xn,

I don't read this news in case what I'm going to say might be different. I can't read a piece about people not being paid after their many years of service to the government.......

Sometimes, I don't have anything to say, just sad embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Good afternoon friends.
I can teach you how to make cool and legit money at your comfort with no cost.
Check up my post by viewing my profile and drop your numbers so you can be added to our whatsapp group chat.

Stop that begging and earn your dignity.
The ball is in your court.

I truly care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by NORSIYK(m): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
They aren't hoodlums.
Supreme Court governor sent his thugs to flog our aged parents and grandparents who are demanding for their rights, which the 419 kingpin who was imposed on us as governor by the Supreme Court led by imam tanko has refused to pay them a dime since his inglorious reign

6 Likes

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by kambili999(f): 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
this is wickedness
Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by oluwaseyi0: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
This is extremely sad. In a country with a working social system those youths would have been in jail by now, but alas, they are probably roaming the streets oblivious of the crime they committed

In jail you say? Who do you think sent the youth? When leaders who are meant to pay your pension are sending youth to beat you up

undecided undecided undecided

Sad country

1 Like

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by CHANNELStv2020: 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Simplyleo:

Is there anything like abomination in the brain of ipob lunatics? angry

A typical ipob miscreant will wake his father from sleep as if he is kicking football, so this is nothing to him. undecided
And if they ask people way born pikin come out,this one father go fellow stand up
No let GOD punish u for 600 years

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by omenka(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
The same thing my super useless government did when pensioners camped outside the government house.

They're all the same.
Re: Hoodlums Flog Protesting Pensioners At Imo Government House by gambia(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
I rest my case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alison-madueke: British Authorities Extend Dragnet To Persons Of Interest / Nurudeen Inwanfero Edo YDP Governorship Candidate / Okonjo-iweala Backs Buhari On Corruption War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.