Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,750 members, 7,851,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome (3486 Views)

Breaking News:APC Blame God For Our Economic Downturn And Lessa Fever / Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Joy In Lagos As They Welcome CHK 89.1 Biafra FM _ Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by landis(m): 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2008
GoldCircle:

you guys have totally derailed from the topic. the question is "should they be welcomed home"? this I believe should be the basis for our discussion rather than how much a gate man in a hotel receives in Nigeria.

if thats the questions answer is YES; if they still have Nigerian passport  or 1 of the parents is a Nigerian.

why come naija,  when death is around the corner.

In Naija: you need below to survive:

1. Armoud Tank:
There is no ROAD, full of armed robbers and Police Robbers too.
And some Navy officer that wants to beat you up!
grin cheesy grin

2. You need to wear Bullet proof VEST:
there is always stray bullet flying about

3. You need to live ONLY among your people:
Jos is recent example.

And more importantly, in another 20yrs, Naija would be about 220mil people: wahala dey boku!!

Life abroad is 100% better than Naija if ALL your papers are VALID.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 4:29pm On Dec 18, 2008
Knowall.

I wonder who you compare yourself with in Nigeria - gatemen? and you keep talking about mortgage, do you know how many of your mates live in their own houses in Nigeria? you talk of mortgage as if you have gotten something noone can get, don't you know that mortgage is borrowed money? how many people borrow money to live in Nigeria? people spend their hard earned cash - cash - no credit, no borrowing, you talk as if mortgage is a big deal? How many gatemen live in their own houses they build with their cash - not credit or mortgage. How many pounds have you been able to save on top of your mortgage? I know a lot of proffesionals who have left the UK to go to Nigeria to work - if it is not good for them, why will they leave the UK to go take up jobs back home in Nigeria?

In Nigeria, everything is paid for in cash, meaning, people in Nigeria has more access to cash, then people who depend on credit cards to even eat and go on holidays? Dont you think then?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 4:44pm On Dec 18, 2008
@game-rod

Big mouths like you I bet if I come to Nija I see you, I will realise there is nothing, na just big mouth you get, instead make u juba for boys wey go hussle u dey blow your yeye mouth for Nija, tell me how many houses u as a person have built, you know I am always in Nija I come always verify it. Dont just come here and talk nonsense here. Me shonu !!!, Waka, da banza !!!
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Moves: 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

Knowall.
I know a lot of proffesionals who have left the UK to go to Nigeria to work - if it is not good for them, why will they leave the UK to go take up jobs back home in Nigeria?

In Nigeria, everything is paid for in cash, meaning, people in Nigeria has more access to cash, then people who depend on credit cards to even eat and go on holidays? don't you think then?
My Guy be Quiet; People take mortgages in Nigeria; Most Uk professionals going back to naija is because they have secured better deals; which wouldnt be available to them based on merit if they were based in nigeria; Quiet hating; If today there is security of life and property in naija; loads of people will relocate back without even considering the financial aspects; We all place different level of value on thing that r important; to some it is money; some security of life; to some is feeling at home where they are; some is availability of healthcare; so we tend to seek achieving this for ourselves and our families.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 4:59pm On Dec 18, 2008
KnowAll:

@game-rod

Big mouths like you I bet if I come to Nija I see you, I will realise there is nothing, na just big mouth you get,  instead make u juba for boys wey go hussle u dey blow your yeye mouth for Nija, tell me how many houses u as a person have built, you know I am always in Nija I come always verify it. don't just come here and talk nonsense here. Me shonu !!!, Waka, da banza !!!

Guy u get time for this people, its normal to see people with poor mentality. our president get headache, he go UK, if dem get any little problem dem go go Europe, yeye people dey talk say Nigeria better (they are living under the world, only on what they see on news).

have they ever imagine why this politicians dey put their family for Europe ? or why they have investments and properties in Europe ?, dem sit down there dey talk nonsense.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2008
I agree with your point game_rod, same point I was trying to make.

Moves:

My Guy be Quiet; People take mortgages in Nigeria; Most Uk professionals going back to naija is because they have secured better deals; which wouldnt be available to them based on merit if they were based in nigeria; Quiet hating; If today there is security of life and property in naija; loads of people will relocate back without even considering the financial aspects; We all place different level of value on thing that r important; to some it is money; some security of life; to some is feeling at home where they are; some is availability of healthcare; so we tend to seek achieving this for ourselves and our families.

Whilst I realise that this is seriously moving away from the topic. Just out of interest, I wonder how many Nigerians are living outside of Nigeria because of lack of security etc. I’d think for most you just happen to find yourself wherever you are for one reason or the other, be it you went to school/Uni in that country and just started working afterwards etc with the hope that someday you will return home without even considering the security situation. There’s risk to life in the UK (& I assume US and other typical developed countries) too, I’m super scared on the streets of London just in case someone gets upset because I look at them the wrong way or I step on their toes etc?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2008
You will be surprised if I tell you I have lived 6 years in Hackney - London, E5 and have gone back to Nigeria, then you will shut up and beg for to be my gate man in Nigeria.

How silly these people are? They think once you say anything contrary to living in London, they think you are someone who is begging to come to live in the UK or America- I have full residence permit in the UK, to live and work as a professional, so, close your wide mouth - Mr Mortgage.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

You will be surprised if I tell you I have lived 6 years in Hackney - London, E5 and have gone back to Nigeria, then you will shut up and beg for to be my gate man in Nigeria.

How silly these people are? They think once you say anything contrary to living in London, they think you are someone who is begging to come to live in the UK or America- I have full residence permit in the UK, to live and work as a professional, so, close your wide mouth - Mr Mortgage.

Ha, you are one of those that come back to ask us how we suffer heads manage to live in this London like you never did yourself , just kidding. People tend to feel that way after they've moved to Nigeria.

Some people must be better off being here than in Nigeria though, so I empathise knowall etc however some people who have not been to Nigeria in a very long time, think being abroad is the best thing since slice bread. I have a friend who's not been in 14years, she's going at Xmas and she's thinking of all the people she will be "posing" for in Nigeria and I tell her, you will be shocked, you'd want to move back yourself.

And before someone says so, I agree there's still too much poverty in Nigeria and not everyone has the bare essentials!!!!!
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
Ilelobola:

Ha, you are one of those that come back to ask us how we suffer heads manage to live in this London like you never did yourself , just kidding. People tend to feel that way after they've moved to Nigeria.

Some people must be better off being here than in Nigeria though, so I empathise knowall etc however some people who have not been to Nigeria in a very long time, think being abroad is the best thing since slice bread. I have a friend who's not been in 14years, she's going at Xmas and she's thinking of all the people she will be "posing" for in Nigeria and I tell her, you will be shocked, you'd want to move back yourself.

And before someone says so, I agree there's still too much poverty in Nigeria and not everyone has the bare essentials!!!!!

Ofcourse Nigeria is not totally bad, But the poverty rate is very high and the chances of having a better life is very slim if not to be impossible. This guy that says his doing fine, can he point to another 10 people like him thats doing fine? NO

Get this right, its better abroad and far different cus no matter what you will see something to do and get a living basic earning to live a simple life (this is for the lowest class), That guy staying in Nigeria that came from UK might be there cus his a professional and what about those that are not professional, anything ? Nothing

The point is clear and we should know this for sure , Igi mu ji nan si ori
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2008
Charlesmud:

Ofcourse Nigeria is not totally bad, But the poverty rate is very high and the chances of having a better life is very slim if not to be impossible. This guy that says his doing fine, can he point to another 10 people like him thats doing fine? NO

Get this right, its better abroad and far different cus no matter what you will see something to do and get a living basic earning to live a simple life (this is for the lowest class), That guy staying in Nigeria that came from UK might be there cus his a professional and what about those that are not professional, anything ? Nothing

The point is clear and we should know this for sure , Igi mu ji nan si ori

Finally we agree on something- well almost. Every society has some kind of class system and I'd agree that the class you have called professional are probably better off in Nigeria but we can't hold them responsible for the problems of the rest of society except they are part of the Nigerian corrupt political system. Believe it or not a lot of young professionals in Nigeria achieved it through hardwork well in school and Uni for those that don't believe office work is hardwork. There are more than 10 of them sha, thank God for that.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 6:49am On Dec 19, 2008
Ilelobola:

Finally we agree on something- well almost. Every society has some kind of class system and I'd agree that the class you have called professional are probably better off in Nigeria but we can't hold them responsible for the problems of the rest of society except they are part of the Nigerian corrupt political system. Believe it or not a lot of young professionals in Nigeria achieved it through hardwork well in school and Uni for those that don't believe office work is hardwork. There are more than 10 of them sha, thank God for that.

And so far what have this 10 got in return ? if not poverty or low class life,
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2008
stay in Europe while we few stay in Nigeria to enjoy the fruits of the land.

I realy wonder the jungle where these people emanated from before they travelled out of Nigeria.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2008
@game rod

You wan make money for Europe before you come back? you make me laugh, since you dey there, how much money you don save? make money for europe, as if na so the thing easy. you make me laugh, even my dik self they laugh you.

This man is just contracdicting himself,

1. You cannot save in Europe, I wander how you bought a plane ticket to travel to Nigeria since you cannot save in Europe, abi na deport dem deport you I can see why u get back belle. grin

2. I lived in Hackney E5 for 6 years, that part of town is full of low lifers and illegal immigrant you are better of in nija, at least all those duck and diving from authorities will stop, you are now a free man in nija so enjoy you stay.

3. Mortgages are a way of life in europe, even Gordon Brown the prime minister has a mortgage, Tony blair has mortgage, so if you dont know anything about mortgages keep quiet.

4. I said in one of my post earlier on, all those going back are either illegal immigrants like yourself, fraudster who take off before the long arm of the law catches up with them or students from wealthy homes with political God fathers who will sort them out in Nija otherwise nothing for commoner for nija.

Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by anonimi: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2008
Ilelobola:

The bold part is why naija will NEVER make meaningful progress, NEVER.
Being part is not limited to actively engaging in corrupt practices, such as politicians and company directors/senior managers. Those of us, who are passively watching and saying nothing are also part of the problem.
Moreover our measure of success that is skewed to wealth and respect for those who have it no matter how they got it is also a major part of the problem.
So wake up and think very deeply my country (wo)man!
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 11:58am On Dec 19, 2008
anonimi:

The bold part is why naija will NEVER make meaningful progress, NEVER.
Being part is not limited to actively engaging in corrupt practices, such as politicians and company directors/senior managers. Those of us, who are passively watching and saying nothing are also part of the problem.
Moreover our measure of success that is skewed to wealth and respect for those who have it no matter how they got it is also a major part of the problem.
So wake up and think very deeply my country (wo)man!

Hmm … food for thought, NOT!

So tell me how many people have you tried to lift out of poverty in Nigeria or how many rallies you have organised or attended be it at local community level or higher to influence what’s happening in Nigeria. If you can’t honestly answer positively then I don’t believe you have the right to preach at me; I do my bit perhaps I can/should do more but I know I can’t single-handedly save the world (or in this case Nigeria).
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by anonimi: 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
Ilelobola:

So tell me how many people have you tried to lift out of poverty in Nigeria [/b]or how many rallies you have organised or attended be it at local community level or higher to influence what’s happening in Nigeria. If you can’t honestly answer positively then I don’t believe you have the right to preach at me; I do my bit perhaps I can/should do more but [b]I know I can’t single-handedly save the world (or in this case Nigeria).

My dear sis, I don't mean to personalise this but just that it is the basis of why we ALL seem to know what is wrong with our country yet we can't fix it.
FTR, I am doing my bit, and permit me to say a lot relative to my earnings, to lift people out of poverty but more importantly to change our orientation about what each one of us can do to make a difference.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step. And you need to see the source of any river to understand what little drops of water can do!
Here is a related response and thread.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2008
anonimi:

My dear sis, I don't mean to personalise this but just that it is the basis of why we ALL seem to know what is wrong with our country yet we can't fix it.
FTR, I am doing my bit, and permit me to say a lot relative to my earnings, to lift people out of poverty but more importantly to change our orientation about what each one of us can do to make a difference.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step. And you need to see the source of any river to understand what little drops of water can do!
Here is a related response and thread.

I agree with you that we should try to make a change for Nigeria to be better so everybody can benefit instead of someone benefiting, This is what people should be talking about instead of saying Nigeria is better and they are doing fine where even policiticians and their family come abroad living the poor citizens there thinking Nigeria is good. , Na wa oo

No doubt, Nigeria is bulshit and only few that were able to live a pre-better life all because of rich or connected parent or somehow have luck to make it tru, na dem they make mouth, so how many people are opportuned to have this or how many people have this luck. 10% rich - 30% living better - 60% poverty and you call this a good country that Nigeria is doing fine ?, Chineke meeeeeeeee
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2008
KnowAll:

@game rod

You wan make money for Europe before you come back? you make me laugh, since you dey there, how much money you don save? make money for europe, as if na so the thing easy. you make me laugh, even my dik self they laugh you.

This man is just contracdicting himself, 

1. You cannot save in Europe, I wander how you bought a plane ticket to travel to Nigeria since you cannot save in Europe, abi na deport them deport you I can see why u get back belle.  grin

2. I lived in Hackney E5 for 6 years, that part of town is full of low lifers and illegal immigrant you are better of in nija, at least all those duck and diving from authorities will stop, you are now a free man in nija so enjoy you stay.

3. Mortgages are a way of life in europe, even Gordon Brown the prime minister has a mortgage, Tony blair has mortgage, so if you don't know anything about mortgages keep quiet.

4. I said in one of my post earlier on, all those going back are either illegal immigrants like yourself, fraudster who take off before the long arm of the law catches up with them or students from wealthy homes with political God fathers who will sort them out in Nija otherwise nothing for commoner for nija.

so because someone did what you can only dream about doing, he/she is now a fraudster?

You wey go rot for your street cleaning job for London, or whereever you dey - , dey happy say you dey pay rent and you dey call am mortgage, who wants the likes of you for Naija anyway? You will be so irrelevant, just adding to the number.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2008
His_Grace, how far na?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by lucabrasi(m): 12:57am On Dec 21, 2008
@poster
i think you should read comments before posting them,you can open your mouth here and make fun of diasporans returning home,dyu know how many millions of dollars these nigerians you are making fun of send home to boost your economy?

do you know how much of their dollars,pouds and euros fund many small and medium size businesses including banks?

you need to go school yourself on the financial muscle of diasporans before making careless and unreasonable comments,
these peple coming back home are used to certain kinds of luxuries so they will do what the government you have been living with all these years have not done i.e providing jobs,
1.they will employ personal and comapny drivers for their businesses,domestic servants,nanies for them/their children,gatemen e.t.c
2.they will employ nigerians for their businesses which they are funding with their hard earned dollars and pounds, something which is the government's responsibility
and you r here blaming them for coming home, no wonder nigeria is the way it is,
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Thadude(m): 6:49am On Dec 21, 2008
It seems as if Nigerians at home have something against those oversea. Why on earth would people at home wish for those abroad to come and taste from the hard life in Nigeria, this is typical of a black man's mentality.
Well let me educate those who care to learn a thing or two.
I hope everyone is following the price of oil, those who think they arent affected will know when their naira starts loosing value. Mind you all the funds sent home from Nigerians oversea circulates faster and better than govt budget which goes to political thieves and end of in foreign accounts or burried 6ft deep in their villages. If money stops coming from Nigerian oversea the economy will suffer, there will be serious shortage of dollar which will lead to high demand and eventually increase the cost for purchase of dollar.
Those who are smart should start swaping their naira to dollars, because if the downward trend of oil price refuses to stop, then govt will have no choice than to devalue the naira openly. Which means shortening the value of ur small naira in the bank. So, instead of thinking and wishing Nigerians oversea to come or be sent back, think about ur small change in the bank that is about to disappear.

Incase u all dont know Nigeria is soon to be another version of Russia. Russians went to bed one day with vodka in their arms happy, they woke up the next day to discover that the money in their account had disappeared, in orders words it was worthless against the USD and they couldnt buy much with it. Today russians keep dollar, pounds and euros under their pillow cases. I was shocked when i watched it yesterday on TV. So Nigerians @ home take note u were warned on nairaland. Unless the price of oil increases or the govt goes to borrow, even borrowing comes with a devaluation price.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Dios(f): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2008
Tha_dude:

It seems as if Nigerians at home have something against those oversea. Why on earth would people at home wish for those abroad to come and taste from the hard life in Nigeria, this is typical of a black man's mentality.
Well let me educate those who care to learn a thing or two.
I hope everyone is following the price of oil, those who think they arent affected will know when their naira starts loosing value. Mind you all the funds sent home from Nigerians oversea circulates faster and better than govt budget which goes to political thieves and end of in foreign accounts or burried 6ft deep in their villages. If money stops coming from Nigerian oversea the economy will suffer, there will be serious shortage of dollar which will lead to high demand and eventually increase the cost for purchase of dollar.
Those who are smart should start swaping their naira to dollars, because if the downward trend of oil price refuses to stop, then govt will have no choice than to devalue the naira openly. Which means shortening the value of ur small naira in the bank. So, instead of thinking and wishing Nigerians oversea to come or be sent back, think about ur small change in the bank that is about to disappear.

Incase u all don't know Nigeria is soon to be another version of Russia. Russians went to bed one day with vodka in their arms happy, they woke up the next day to discover that the money in their account had disappeared, in orders words it was worthless against the USD and they couldnt buy much with it. Today russians keep dollar, pounds and euros under their pillow cases. I was shocked when i watched it yesterday on TV. So Nigerians @ home take note u were warned on nairaland. Unless the price of oil increases or the govt goes to borrow, even borrowing comes with a devaluation price.

All of the above happened the last coupleof weeks.
People moving to Nigeria are those with political clout of some kind, or illegal immigrants or maybe they just miss Nigeria.
If I go over there I won't starve, I just can't imagine myself in Nigeria, I live a good life over here so why would I move to a country where I'll be robbed by cops in broad daylight. I worked for mine, you just ain't gon take it without a fight.
I know a guy that just moved back who has wealthy parents, i knew this guy for a long time and he never went to school for two straight semesters talkless of graduating, he neverhad a job and I think he had one of those student visa type of deal. Anyway he got called back to nigeria and lo and behold he has a good job? grin In five years this idiot is going to be a politician,I won't be surprised at all grin. And you think I want to live in NIGERIA? grin grin
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by diasporian: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2008
Who cares if you want to live in Nigeria or not? How are you better than those who did?

If the citizens of America had ran away when their country was bad, I wonder where you will be now!

See their mouth.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Dios(f): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2008
diasporian:

Who cares if you want to live in Nigeria or not? How are you better than those who did?

If the citizens of America had ran away when their country was bad, I wonder where you will be now!

See their mouth.

Damn, it's just my opinion, what are you so mad about? Maybe it's because the idiot I wrote about is going to be one of your lawmakers soon enough cheesy

You want another reason? Why is a Pharmacist who was in charge of NAFDAC removed from that post and appointed as the INFORMATION MINISTER?
OBJ had low approval ratings but still paraded around with the idiot in aso rock right now as his chosen succesor. AND YAR A ADUA actually won(yea right) the
(s)election!!!!!!
Bush didn't dare show his face with McCain and McCain lost.

You'll say why don't i come back and be part of the movement for change? I'm 25 and succesful right here with little to no worries, why would I want to come over there. Maybe when I get my weight up and learn some more about good governance,I'll come back and start to rebuild Nigeria by making all these so called leaders disappear. The police wouldn't know where to look anyway grin so I'll be good, then I'll restructure the police force by dismantling what you have now and give States the power to organize their own police force that'll be controlled by the governors. That's just a start, I really need to come back because I can actually turn Nigeria around.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by texazzpete(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2008
There is no sensible reason for Nigerians at home to beef NIgerians in diaspora. Except, of course, for jealousy. Which is why i take game_rod's claims of satisfaction and self-actualization in Nigeria as little more than lies.

I live and work in Nigeria, but once in a while i travel overseas on holidays to satisfy my travel lust ( i can see the Eiffel tower outside my window right now grin) and for me this model remains satisfactory. However there are many professionals who have chosen to settle oerseas and they are just as happy as myself.
Nay, even more happy than myself in most cases! They do not have to work through the silly challenges i face daily. They do not feel the subconscious anger i feel when i look at my situation; paying huge taxes yearly yet get electrical power for an average of 30 minutes a day. Or cringe when they drive to work as their beloved vehicle suffers at the hands of a myriad of potholes in the road.

The financial crisis is now global, so i fail to see any great influx of returnee Nigerians rushing back home.

PS: I re-iterate. It's puzzling why some Nigerians back home have so much beef for their counterparts in diaspora.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2008
@tezzapete

the fact of the matter is game_rods is a deportee, what do u expect from a deportee. wink
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by diasporian: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
Dios:

Damn, it's just my opinion, what are you so mad about? Maybe it's because the idiot I wrote about is going to be one of your lawmakers soon enough cheesy

You want another reason? Why is a Pharmacist who was in charge of NAFDAC removed from that post and appointed as the INFORMATION MINISTER?
OBJ had low approval ratings but still paraded around with the idiot in aso rock right now as his chosen succesor. AND YAR A ADUA actually won(yea right) the
(s)election!!!!!!
Bush didn't dare show his face with McCain and McCain lost.

You'll say why don't i come back and be part of the movement for change? I'm 25 and succesful right here with little to no worries, why would I want to come over there. Maybe when I get my weight up and learn some more about good governance,I'll come back and start to rebuild Nigeria by making all these so called leaders disappear. The police wouldn't know where to look anyway grin so I'll be good, then I'll restructure the police force by dismantling what you have now and give States the power to organize their own police force that'll be controlled by the governors.  That's just a start, I really need to come back because I can actually turn Nigeria around.

You talk as if every successful man or woman in Nigeria has something to do with governance? And you said you are 25 and successful, havent you seen people less than your age more successful in Nigeria without even having any links to government or governance?

How do these people think realy?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by diasporian: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2008
texazzpete:

There is no sensible reason for Nigerians at home to beef NIgerians in diaspora. Except, of course, for jealousy. Which is why i take game_rod's claims of satisfaction and self-actualization in Nigeria as little more than lies.

I live and work in Nigeria, but once in a while i travel overseas on holidays to satisfy my travel lust ( i can see the Eiffel tower outside my window right now  grin) and for me this model remains satisfactory. However there are many professionals who have chosen to settle oerseas and they are just as happy as myself.
Nay, even more happy than myself in most cases! They do not have to work through the silly challenges i face daily. They do not feel the subconscious anger i feel when i look at my situation; paying huge taxes yearly yet get electrical power for an average of 30 minutes a day. Or cringe when they drive to work as their beloved vehicle suffers at the hands of a myriad of potholes in the road.

The financial crisis is now global, so i fail to see any great influx of returnee Nigerians rushing back home.

PS: I re-iterate. It's puzzling why some Nigerians back home have so much beef for their counterparts in diaspora.

You talk as if you are advocating everyone to migrate out of Nigeria, because the country is "bad"? What is your point exactly? The argument here is that, it is only a foolish person who will opine that he/she can not make it in life and even better, until he/she travels out to live outside Nigeria.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Dios(f): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2008
diasporian:

You talk as if you are advocating everyone to migrate out of Nigeria, because the country is "bad"? What is your point exactly? The argument here is that, it is only a foolish person who will opine that he/she can not make it in life and even better, until he/she travels out to live outside Nigeria.

breathe, there you go!!! I didn't say anything like that, but if that's what you think I said, it's all good smiley
Why you sound so mad anyway, go f*ck your wife or something.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by anonimi: 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2008
diasporian:

You talk as if every successful man or woman in Nigeria has something to do with governance? And you said you are 25 and successful, havent you seen people less than your age more successful in Nigeria without even having any links to government or governance?

How do these people think realy?

You are the one who should be checking how you think.
Most developed countries have everyone involved in governance by actively participating in the democratic process and defending their rights legally.
That does not happe in naija hence the deepening rot and why a sick, clueless man will be forced on 140m people and they will swallow such rubbish noiselessly.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Kobojunkie: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2008
How many 23 year olds in Nigeria are not in politics and wealthy? I seriously hope you are not counting the many (underage) YahooZee millionaires Nigeria now boasts of? It is possible to make it in Nigeria but it is not possible at the moment for all considering that over 70 million Nigerians who possibly have never been outside of the country live on less than a dollar a day and the number seems to be rising, and not falling.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by diasporian: 9:49pm On Dec 21, 2008
@kobojunkie

You are so alien to Nigeria so much that you begin to think about it lopsidedly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Governor Lamido Sanusi Has 7 Bullet-Proof Cars - CKN / Jonathan Named Most Performing President Since Independence. - SSA / See What Bishop Oyedepo Asked Church Members To Bring To Church On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.