Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,782 members, 7,851,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:31 AM

American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome (3487 Views)

Breaking News:APC Blame God For Our Economic Downturn And Lessa Fever / Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Joy In Lagos As They Welcome CHK 89.1 Biafra FM _ Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by lucabrasi(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2008
no one has a right to criticise the nigerian situation if you have refused to either go back home or participate in changing the status quo,the convenient excuse diasporans all over mouth off is that they r staying away because of the present crop pf leadership,how else would you effect a change if you r staying several thousand miles away
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Frizy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2008
lucabrasi:

no one has a right to criticise the nigerian situation if you have refused to either go back home or participate in changing the status quo,the convenient excuse diasporans a[b]ll over mouth off is that they r staying away because of the present crop pf leadership,how else would you effect a change if you r staying several thousand miles away[/b]

I ask the same question. How?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2008
diasporian:

@kobojunkie

You are so alien to Nigeria so much that you begin to think about it lopsidedly.

Attack my person instead of focusing on the issue at hand!!! Woohoo!! Yeah you just won the argument. Could you please come back with something more meaningful that useless retorts? I asked you straight and direct questions. Any chances of an intelligent response or are my groping in the dark here?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by shotster50(m): 11:19pm On Dec 21, 2008
I do not see why people at home should be having problems with their fellow Nigerians abroad. Game Rod is just generalising the matter. He makes it almost sound like he is bitter with the U.K. Pray has that got anything to do with why you came back to Nigeria?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by ono(m): 2:56am On Dec 22, 2008
Now, we have quite a lot of folks from the US, UK, France etc living in Nigeria and they eke out a living in this hell on earth of a place. I once discussed the situation of things here in Naija with one of my UK oga recently.

His position about the situation of things in Port Harcourt: It isn't as bad as they make us believe out there. He's ready to stay. He's comfortable here in spite of everything, why pull out for anything? And I quote him verbatim.

What I'm driving at is this:

Just get your priorities in life right; right from the start. Then head off to get what you want, where ever you are. And while you're at that, remember there isn't any place you can call home, other than home itself.

Now, as per economic downturn forcing people home, well, I have listened out for such news around here. Haven't heard anything like that in a while. Maybe it's the normal ''season's'' rush. And who am I to suddenly jump into conclusion that they're doing that to permanently relocate back to Naija for good?!
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by vanni(f): 4:08am On Dec 22, 2008
@

Becomerich you sure sound pathetic.
The fact that u are suffering does not mean everyone should suffer.
Besides not every Nigerian in America is suffering. I for one am not.
In fact, God choose this time in the economy to prosper me beyond my wildest imagination.
I don't have to work for no one. Rather in the midst of these troubled times, I have packaged a beautiful idea turned into a company booming with prospects and attracting unimaginable private investors.

It is even in these times that people with foresigh will survive anywhere in the world. smiley
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2008
vanni:

@

Becomerich you sure sound pathetic.
The fact that u are suffering does not mean everyone should suffer.[b]Besides not every Nigerian in America is suffering. I for one am not.
In fact, God choose this time in the economy to prosper me beyond my wildest imagination.[/b]I don't have to work for no one. Rather in the midst of these troubled times, I have packaged a beautiful idea turned into a company booming with prospects and attracting unimaginable private investors.

It is even in these times that people with foresigh will survive anywhere in the world. smiley

Hear ! Hear!!!

*** raises glass of apple juice to that one *** lol
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by nkemjacob2(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2023
APC is the grand patron of instigating violence in Nigeria. PLS CLOSE TOPIC.
APC is the worst tin that can ever happen to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Next Economic Hub. Minna Airport City. Minna-bida-abuja Cornurbation / My Tribute To Nigeria At 50. . . / List Of Tinubu's Foreign Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.