Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (47405 Views)

A Pie Chart Showing The Pattern Of Buhari's Appointments / GEJ, Buhari, IBB, Other Past Nigerian Leaders At Council Of State Meeting Abuja / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Adminisher:

The figures on the right are not numbers of weapons but dollar amounts.
Nigeria was indeed spending billions on defence in 1982, 1983, 84 and 85..
Let me give you an IQ test. How came Nigeria was able to spend more than $900million on defence in 1984 when oil was just $35 but could not even spend $300million last year when oil was $120 a barrel?.

common sense, Nigeria was making more money from agriculture than oil then, secondly, the Nigerian politicians were less corrupt.
Ask your self, was the president of Nigeria feeding with N4b then?

Nigeria can comfortably spend $350m, if the president and his friends are not diverting $20b.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
Alleybuy:

Nigerian budget (1980 - 1986) //// Recurrent expenditure //// Capital expenditure
1980. //// 4.085 billion naira. //// 10.163 billion naira
1981. //// 4.846 billion naira. //// 6.567 billion naira
1982. //// 5.506 billion naira. //// 6.417 billion naira
1983. //// 4.750 billion naira. //// 4.885 billion naira
1984. //// 5.827 billion naira. //// 4.100 billion naira
1985. //// 7.576 billion naira. //// 5.464 billion naira</b>
1986. //// 7.696 billion naira. //// 8.526 billion naira

What is the source of this info? It doesn't add up from the figures I have
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

Look at all the energy you spent trying to prove you're not a móron. You asked for a source, and now you want to back pedal because I exposed the giant, gaping crater in your skull where your brain was meant to be?

If you want to redeem yourself, hurry up and produce your chart.

Even your fellow antbrains have conceded the validity of the numbers and are now working on proving why the military budget under Buhari was a negative. And here you are, taking screenshots of TEXT, because you can't even operate the quote button. You're even more retárded than the rétards.

Ah, I'm feeling for you.

Combo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Do we both realize that we are arguing over a website that started keeping records from 1988 (except Nigeria used to be in NATO prior to 1988), I have looked at the spreadsheet for all member countries and it begins from 1988, so we should be asking ourselves how the data from "Buhari Years" came about.
I think thats the first puzzle we should solve before taking an I.Q test. I did take one not too long ago and it wasn't bad.
but i would be happy to look again if any one can tell me where on the page in the link the data was taken from, thats if I missed it already.

Was Nigeria ever in NATO?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by NavierStokes(m): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
Never

jpphilips:

Was Nigeria ever in NATO?

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
eiete:

Not only that, but one should be asking, how come at a time when Nigeria could not feed itself, we had enough money to buy ammunitions when we were not at war with anyone?

APC supporters tend to let their brain go into overdrive when they see something that puts GEJ in a bad light. Critical thinking does not seem to be their forte. And that is what the party (APC) is banking, that Nigerians should not scrutinise too closely whatever they say or publish because they will be found lacking.

So so disappointed, I used to have respect for Mrs Dabiri but now that is gone, I guess when you sleep with dogs you get flees.

Why are you so mentally lazy and academically daft to research and know where the money came from? It is your right to hate Abike, but Abike I know, who the fvck are you?
One loser roaming the streets of Lagos, thinking that sane people give a fvck about her stvpidity

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Saladin1: 3:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Alleybuy:
Abike haba 541 jets, lol...why not cross check the website before posting lies

According to her link after the purported 541 Aircrafts bought by Buhari (1984-1985)

IBB regime added additional 201 (1986-1993). . .

Abacha added 20 (1994-1998)

Obasanjo added 94 (1999- 2007)

Yar Adua before he died added 231 (2007-2010)

GEJ added 20 ( 2011- 2013)

It is even more shocking that the Buhari regime bought more Aircrafts than the USA (398) despite stories of how broke we were that even warranted salient projects like the Lagos Metroline truncated . . .

It is not out of place to doubt the factual authenticity of the site with the glaring realities on ground . . . . Where are

Nigerian budget (1980 - 1986) //// Recurrent expenditure //// Capital expenditure
1985. //// 7.576 billion naira. //// 5.464 billion naira

How much out of our 4 billion naira capital expenditure was used to buy 986 million US dollars worth of aircraft and missile air defense systems in a time of peace with "jovial and peace-loving"neighbor countries.

A federal legislator who should know better should not descend to this ludicrous level of ignominy.

Alleybuy:

According to her link after the purported 541 Aircrafts bought by Buhari (1984-1985)

It is even more shocking that the Buhari regime bought more Aircrafts than the USA (398) despite stories of how broke we were that even warranted salient projects like the Lagos Metroline truncated . . .

It is not out of place to doubt the factual authenticity of the site with the glaring realities on ground . . . . Where are

How much out of our 4 billion naira capital expenditure was used to buy 986 million US dollars worth of aircraft and missile air defense systems in a time of peace with "jovial and peace-loving"neighbor countries.

A federal legislator who should know better should not descend to this ludicrous level of ignominy.

A federal legislator who should know better should not descend to this ludicrous level of ignominy. [/quote]

Good i like when figures are quoted as oppose to when ignorant fellow write with sentiment. Don't forget this is at a time when 80kobo is equal 1 $ and this is spread across two budget year so therefore it is plausible and in line with the fact quoted by Ms. Dabiri. [quote author=Alleybuy post=29735861]
Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by jpphilips(m): 3:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
akereconfi:

Sincerely, I give credit to the guy that pull out the data not you. I only apologised to you because I was wrong. Actually you know you didn't even click that link. I take my mistakes and learn from them. Am not shy to admit my errors and apologise.

Cheers

That is what happens when you eat your school fees, then come to the bigger stage to show the intellect of a frog, I will give you the same advise i give to your likes, where you think you have an opinion just post emoticons, we will understand.
Go to yahoo forum for example, the front page comments are for people who have a grasp of what is going on, that is what a forum should be, on Nairaland, front page is for varying classes of m0r0ns.

People make comments on what they don't even understand let alone have a grasp of, You may be the best graduating student from oshogbo comprehensive college, it still doesn't qualify you to have an opinion in a place like this.
Go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by tit(f): 4:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
If buhari spent $1B on arms and ammunition in 1984?
why did he cancel the $18m Lagos metroline project?
I wish he had spent $1B on power generating plants in 1984.
We for no dey cry about NEPA now.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by akereconfi: 4:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
jpphilips:

That is what happens when you eat your school fees, then come to the bigger stage to show the intellect of a frog, I will give you the same advise i give to your likes, where you think you have an opinion just post emoticons, we will understand.
Go to yahoo forum for example, the front page comments are for people who have a grasp of what is going on, that is what a forum should be, on Nairaland, front page is for varying classes of m0r0ns.

People make comments on what they don't even understand let alone have a grasp of, You may be the best graduating student from oshogbo comprehensive college, it still doesn't qualify you to have an opinion in a place like this.
Go and sin no more.

I can bet, you are a slowpoke. This issue has already died down since yesterday and here you are trying to show relevance. Brush your eye brow fam.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by akereconfi: 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Go and sin no more.

Please Mr Who ever you are, your advise is not needed. I saw my mistake and kindly took correction and apologised to the girl I had an encounter with. But here you are trying to flex muscles because you saw me issue an apology. I erred, am human, am not like some random guy that will make an error and still stick to it. I admitted I was wrong.

Typically this is how most Nigerians behave and this make people stick and die with their mistakes.

Your response is late on arrival and is null and void.

Please kindly stop quotting me

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by Beerem: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
NavierStokes:
Do we both realize that we are arguing over a website that started keeping records from 1988 (except Nigeria used to be in NATO prior to 1988), I have looked at the spreadsheet for all member countries and it begins from 1988, so we should be asking ourselves how the data from "Buhari Years" came about.
I think thats the first puzzle we should solve before taking an I.Q test. I did take one not too long ago and it wasn't bad.
but i would be happy to look again if any one can tell me where on the page in the link the data was taken from, thats if I missed it already.

YES This confirms DSS report that APC has been into hacking. SO THEY HACKED INTO THAT WEBSITE AND PLANTED FIGUES THAT NEVER EXISTED> HABA ABIKE DABRE HABA

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt by mickey45: 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
eiete:

Read my post well again, I'm not disputing that GEJ could have done better when it came to spending on defence, however what my argument is, is that Nigerian's should not taken everything politicians tell as the gospel truth without researching and asking questions. Part of the reason we are where we are today is that Nigerians have failed to hold those we have elected to account.

As for Buhari's spending, what is the whole point of millions spent arming one's self if everyone is dying of hunger.

That's what a popular economist wrote some years ago
In his words, "we have allocated billions of Dollars to weapons to protect a few people while elsewhere, billions of people are dying of hunger.

But oga America would rather have us depend on them forever than let-us be...
GEJ gave a hint of his intention to wean us off the dollar and it's traumatic effects on our economy and I think it's among why they were so keen on getting him out.

PMB might not fare any better either should he toe that line...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Tweet From Federal Ministry Of Communications / Tinubu In Kano, Goes On A Ride With Ganduje (Video, Photos) / "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.